Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm also turned off by meat and veggies right now (which is most of my diet usually). Really almost nothing sounds appealing. So far today I've eaten grapes, a larabar, popcorn, and a chobani smoothie. I brought a quinoa stuffed pepper for lunch but that sounds disgusting. I would love to eat a big loaf of garlic bread but my coworkers might judge

My only big craving so far has been avocado toast. I had some for breakfast yesterday and it was soooo good.

2. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Whoops forgot to hit reply above.

3. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: A smoothie sounds good right now. Something cold and tangy. I usually LOVE stuffed peppers but I don't know how I'd do with a mushy cooked pepper right now. I'm going to scavenge for some food, we have a cafeteria/food court here at work. Wish me luck.

4. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one with aversions. The only thing I really want is salty snacks or hamburgers. I usually love fruit but can’t eat it right now.

Anyone have breast size fluctuate? Mine were super full and swollen a few days ago, and now they are back to normal. It’s a bit worrying. I have an ultrasound Thursday and it can’t come soon enough!

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Yes! Some days my boobs feel huge and sore and others they're normal. I'm not sure why they fluctuate 🤷‍♀️

So exciting that you have an ultrasound in a few days! Mine is two weeks from today 😫

6. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: it’s a relief to hear it’s normal. Thanks for sharing! Ugh I’m sorry you have to wait two more weeks!!! I feel like the days are passing SO slowly!

7. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@MLE81: I know I'm a little late on this, and totally lurking on this thread, but I wanted to send you good thoughts. I went through the same thing this summer where I was very sure of my dates, but I had to wait 2 weeks to confirm that it was a nonviable pregnancy. The waiting is the worst. I'm so sorry you are going through this and really hope you have a good outcome!

8. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

hope everyone is doing well! I talked to my bf who knows about this pregnancy which was nice.

I know it’s early and probably risky to think about this with my loss history but is anyone thinking about announcements? I’m debating ordering some Christmas ornaments for the two sets of parents with an announcement of a baby engraved on the back to surprise them. My in-laws will be visiting this Christmas so I’d probably FaceTime my father (my mom died a long time ago and I’m not a huge fan of my step-mom which could be a real problem with a baby in the future but I’m ignoring that issue now :silly:) and make the announcement to him. They both know of our losses before so if all goes well - I know they will be so excited. And then I was thinking about Christmas cards with a cute photo (maybe my combat boots, DH work boots and baby boots) to announce to the rest of our families and friends). Just curious what everyone else is considering doing. Or maybe I’m the only one thinking about it - for me it’s helping to enjoy being pregnant in the now for some reason.

9. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: We've told our immediate family and close friends. With my first two pregnancies I waited to tell family until after the first appointment and I hated having to tell people I "was" pregnant when I miscarried. We didn't do anything special this time but that's probably because we're lazy second-time parents.

Assuming all goes well we'll probably announce on social media once I get past the first trimester. Good for you for enjoying all aspects of pregnancy - I need to be better about moving past the fear and just enjoying it

10. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I've told my boss and a few coworkers. Boss because required (glad I did, there was a deployment request 3 days later for Hurricane Michael) and coworkers because I looked like hell and am feeling bad most days.

We keep talking about how to tell the in-laws. They'll be so excited. We may keep hidden until we arrive in late January and just get the shock in person. (We won't see them in person until then.) The other idea we have is just to put a Big Brother shirt on DS and a Big Sister shirt on DD and wait until they notice that DD's says Big instead of Little during a Skype conversation. I've also considered putting a framed picture of DS, DD, and ultrasound picture and sending it as a Christmas gift.

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I think that's great you're thinking about announcements and focusing on the positive.

I keep waffling back and forth between doing an announcement and not. I saw a cute idea online of a "tie breaker" announcement. This is our third and we have a boy and a girl already, so announcing "tie breaker coming soon in June 2019", or something like that. We hope to stay Team Green and not find out the sex until the baby is born.

Or, include a belly shot in our Christmas card and include the announcement there... speaking of which, need to schedule our session asap.

12. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Love the tie-breaker idea! How cute. I've also been thinking about announcements, but mainly because I'm feeling hesitant about it. DH thinks it's because it's hard to go from infertility to shouting it from the rooftops, so to speak. I think it's partly that and partly because I'm shy and don't like being the center of attention (I don't even want a baby shower!).

13. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: I’m not big on attention seeking either, but can’t think of a better occasion to have people send you their well wishes, especially if it is your first (it’s so special).

Honestly though, I think just being aware of infertility and how common and painful it is, makes me hesitant too, even though I haven’t personally gone through it. It could be viewed as very insensitive, although I know it’s not and people have every right to share the good news without guilt. I have several close friends who have or are struggling with infertility and this makes me most hesitant announcing (although in the past I’ve told them first one on one).

I didn’t do a birth announcement with my first, it just didn’t seem like a “thing” as much back then. With my second I gave the honor to our DD and in the photo she announced that she was becoming a big sister and I’m glad we did it. Unsure of the third though.

14. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: Aw, love this way of thinking about it! And I agree, everyone has the right to share their good news without guilt!

AFM, had our first u/s yesterday and saw the little bean! Totally surreal! Heartbeat of 133.

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Yay! I'm glad you had a good appointment. Things are looking good.

16. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@foodiebee: congrats!

I am not on social media so no announcement there. And I probably wouldn’t on it even if I did as I do have some lovely friends who can’t have kids and can’t afford IVF. So I would be afraid of coming across as insensitive.

Got my appointment scheduled - will see a doctor at 10 weeks on 19 November - just seeing the nurse tomorrow (so no u/s). I think I’m okay with it. I feel like with how crummy I feel during the day - probably things are progressing fine but I’m okay with not knowing for now. And as a control freak - that’s weird for me to admit.

I’m just going to mull over announcing to our immediate family. Everyone thinks we just stopped trying so I know this will surprise most everyone - which makes it fun. I do love the other ideas for those of you with kids already. We will be one and done (I’m old for having a first child at 40) so I won’t get to steal those ideas.

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: So glad your appointment went well!

18. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: Woo hoo! Healthy baby, what great news.

@MrsJBeeG: Feeling crummy is a good sign that things are progressing well. November 19 will be here so soon... and then it's full on Holiday season!

AFM, I have an ultrasound appointment this Friday. I've been feeling terrible... it's crazy what a difference a week makes.

19. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Oh also, about nausea. My dr brought up gummy bears (specifically Sour Patch Kids) as a way to combat nausea, so if you're suffering, give them a try!

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Oh man, I love sour patch kids! The last thing I need is an excuse to eat them

My nausea has been absent yesterday and today (I'm 6w1d). I know it likely means nothing but I'd rather have my symptoms stick around for peace of mind.

21. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: I felt perfectly normal at 6 weeks, and beginning 7 weeks the queasiness started but it was very spotty, still felt normal most of the time. Then a few days ago at 8 weeks it's been constant... which started later for me than my two previous pregnancies. Try not to worry!

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@foodiebee: really? That’s interesting. I hate them unlike @skinnycow but maybe I’ll have to try some today when I go to the store after work. My nausea was a bit better yesterday but is pretty awful again this morning.

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Jumping in to say sour anything helps with nausea usually. I used sour hard candies or sour Preggie Pop drops, I imagine the gummy adds something to the effectiveness, but there is always sour gummy worms or bears.

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MLE81: Just checking in, how are you doing?

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@foodiebee: So I talk a lot, I have a lot of opinions, yet I actually do not like being the center of attention (I blame it on being a middle child, had to be loud to be seen, but then easy to fly under the radar). I digress... Announcing is scary for anyone because of all the what ifs you can come up with that could go wrong; but more so for first time mom's and especially first time moms that have been hostage on the infertility train.

You don't have to announce to everyone now (obviously friends and family knew, but I didn't post anything on social media about my son or being pregnant until the day he was born); but shout it from the rooftops if you want to, it's your parade and anyone that wants to rain on it can suck it.

As to the baby shower, I have a love hate for them. I love going and love buying baby things for my friends, but it's so awkward being the host of honor (they're excited about the baby, and you just happen to be the vessel ). If someone wants to host one for you, let them (it makes them happy, and it's nice that someone loves you and wants to do that for you). It might be awkward being the center of attention, but getting together with friends and family is always nice. ***Added bonus it takes a lot of the financial stress off of you, and it's fun to go around target with the registry gun

26. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@foodiebee: I’m so happy you saw a healthy babe!

27. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you for this! I've been mulling over not announcing on social media until birth too. And you're so right about "being the vessel"! A close friend has offered to host a shower and I couldn't tell her no, so I'm going to spend some time getting my head in the game by imagining the fun of the registry gun.

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How's everyone doing??

June 2019 Moms

Jessiemuller88: June 2nd
    SupernovaJ: June 2nd
    MLE81: June 5th
    Foodiebee: June 15th
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th
    MrsJBeeG: June 16th
    Skinnycow: June 18th
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st

29. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm doing okay. My nausea is mostly gone and my boobs don't hurt anymore so I'm a little worried that my symptoms are gone. I had basically zero symptoms when I was pregnant with my daughter but it's hard not to worry.

My first appointment can't come soon enough! 11 more days... not that I'm counting or anything

30. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I'm surviving. Nausea is killing me and that's with me taking Unisom and B6. The absolute minimum that has to be done is done while I'm feeling ok. Otherwise, I'm laying down on the couch or the bed. Even kids bedtime reading is done with me laying down. I plan on asking about meds at my doctor's appointment. I'm sleeping more, but I think that is more about the nausea than tiredness.

@skinnycow: Good to know that you're counting down for me. My appointment is on the same day. All I know is that it's a week and a half.

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Ha, glad I can help you countdown. Sorry you're feeling so bad!

32. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Ugghh so sorry for the nausea. I've traded my awful morning pattern for constipation and bloating. Sooo muuuch blooating.

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Sorry about the bloating. I'm having that as well. Pants that fit me and were slightly big two months ago, I have to pull my stomach in to button. At least, I'm hoping it's only bloating.

I'm the cliché of a pregnant person. I've had more ice cream in the last week than the last two months. In fact, I bought the party ice cream at Walmart and brought it to work. Ice cream always makes me feel better. I also love pickles, particularly when pregnant.

34. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: I too worried about lack of symptoms at 6 and 7 weeks preggo so my midwife gave me a bonus ultrasound last week and baby was perfectly fine with heartbeat. And of course as my luck would have it, as soon as I started to relax, I got AWFUL constant nausea around 8 weeks. UGH! Which is 2 weeks later than my previous two pregnancies which is why I started to worry. I think you are just one of the lucky ones with little to no symptoms like your first. Baby is doing fine in there.

@Mrs. Toad: So feeling you on the nausea. It lasts all day... and gets horrible on my commute home. When dinnertime rolls around I just can't look at food...

For a while the only thing I could stomach was processed food. So much of it: ramen noodles, pizza, chips, takeout, etc. I realized the thing that helps most with nausea is just eating as frequently as possible. Whatever I eat, I still feel crappy after a half hour or so, so I've been TRYING to eat healthier. Yogurt and fruit helps... I can't look at meat though.

I'm so constipated too! My nausea is always paired with either 1. a headache 2. constiptation or 3. UTI like symptoms that come and go. It's the worst... I've been taking magnesium citrate to help me stay regular but it's not working like it usually does. Sad!

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm eating really poorly too. I'm typically a really healthy eater but healthy foods are not appealing at all right now. I'm eating a lot of carb-y food and I ate an entire jar of pickled okra in one sitting last night.

@SupernovaJ: I don't think I've had ramen since college but that sounds sooo good right now.

36. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

I went in for my ultrasound today. The baby had no heartbeat and stopped growing at 6 weeks. I’m devestated. I hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancies.

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I am so so sorry. I'll be thinking of you

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Dammit. I am so so so so sorry. So many hugs and know that we are here to talk if you ever need to.

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Oh no. I am so sorry. I can’t believe it... I am so sorry. 😢 Thinking of you.

40. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: so so sorry. That is just not fair. Sending so many hugs. Be kind to yourself

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee