Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

@jh524: Good baby vibes coming your way!

2. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@jh524: happy due date! Anything going on?

3. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@jh524: It's all you, girl. No pressure. Happy due date!!

4. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Revel, @bisous, @swedishfish, @Espion: Thanks!!!! Just been having mild, irregular contractions here and there but no definite signs that labor is on its way...

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: Well you know it'll be any day now at least! We are all excited for you. I will have to live vicariously through you-I actually wish I could go back and do it all again to be able to experience those first moments again.

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tlcbaby: aww, that's very sweet. Ill keep you all posted. I didn't read your birth story because I'm not gold... pretty sure you posted one, right? tell me real quick, if you don't mind, how labor started and how your birthing experience was...did you have a natural birth?

Hopefully ill have something to report within the next few days. I don't want to be induced but the date is set for July 2nd . I'm walking stairs and trying everything to get this baby to come!!!

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: Do you want to post your email address on my wall (you can take it down after if you want) and I can email it to you. It is long, but gives a good description of the whole day. And I did have a natural birth just like I wanted!

8. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tlcbaby: thanks, look forward to reading it! I'm hoping for a natural birth as well...

9. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: Great! I will send it shortly!

10. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@tlcbaby: i totally agree with wanting to do it all over again to have those first moments and hours again, it was incredible!

@jh524: hope you are still doing well and enjoying the last few days with baby on the inside.

11. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@tinypiglet: It is crazy, but I would go through all of the pain to have it back! I feel like I am forgetting all of it already!

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tinypiglet: still hangin in there. Have had constant menstrual like cramping and some contractions here and there... I'm 40 +2 today and still not dilated, 50 effaced. Had non stress test and baby looks good!! Just waiting....

13. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@jh524: the good news is, that baby is definitely coming out eventually! hope you're pampering yourself and staying busy (but resting as well) during these last few days...

14. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

I'm still here waiting for the baby to arrive.... This waiting game is really tough! Now i understand how some of you felt. So many questions and emotions running wild. I just can't understand why he hasn't come yet! It's making me crazy and the thought of induction is stressing me out, along with my family members.....

15. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@jh524: Still thinking of you! Going to switch it up and send good uterus vibes to you as well!!

16. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@jh524: It will happen when you least expect it! Sending good thoughts your way...

17. swedishfish

@jh524: how are you doing? I hope this baby boy makes his arrival soon!

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Espion, @tinypiglet, @swedishfish: thanks! I'm still very pregnant and no signs of labor. Only here and there cramps and occasional contractions. That's it! Tuesday is fast approaching and just praying he comes on his own but it is what it is and ill just deal with whatever happens. Either way, baby boy will be with us soon. How are you all doing? How is life with baby on the outside?!

thanks for checking in on me....trying to stay out of the heat!!!!! Is it hot where your at?

19. swedishfish

@jh524: wishing you the very best of luck tomorrow! You'll do great!! You are so close to meeting your baby boy!

20. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: It was in the 90's here, but getting into the 80's this week. I try to get A out for a walk before 9:00 so I am not a sweaty mess when I get home!

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

21. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tlcbaby, @swedishfish: thank you!!!!!

So as of yesterday.... fingertip dilated, 60 effaced and baby very low. I'm really questioning the induction and not sure if I should go ahead with it. If anything i could do the cervidil and see if that does anything. What do you all think? I wanted a natural, med free birth. If I go ahead with induction, is there a chance I can still have that? ..research and other people's experience lead to being highly unlikely and more interventions....Maybe wait a few more days?! What would you do? It's a different story if I was at least a little dilated!!

My dr. Said he'd start with cervidil, then folly balloon, then pitocin. Ill be 41 weeks tomorrow. Any advice will be welcomed!!! I'm so torn right now.......

22. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: I wasn't going to be induced until 42 weeks and 1 day. If you really want to give it a little more time maybe you can talk to them and see if they will do an NST and if the baby is okay they can give you a few more days.

But it does sound like they are trying to do the least intervention possible. Just do what you are comfortable with and don't let them force you into anything without you feeling good about it (unless in an emergency, of course...then)

I know there have been a few mamas who were induced and went unmediated or mostly unmedicated. @maybebaby I think? I know there are others too.

23. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@jh524: my practice would have let me go to 42 weeks with an NST, so maybe that's an option?

I had a med free pitocin induction, so I know it can be done. Try not to psych yourself out. It was hard but I hadn't had "natural" contractions to compare it to. I posted my birth story if you're interested, just can't pull the link on my phone.

Wishing you luck whatever you decide! You will meet your baby soon! I was incredibly frustrated that I had to be induced, so I know where you're coming from.

24. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@jh524: My contractions stalled and they started me on the lowest dose of Pitocin possible. I know I already posted this in my birth story, but just that small dose took me from 3 cm to 10 cm in an hour. My epidural didn't really take to my abdomen, so I felt the contractions... they really really hurt, but I handled them pretty well. I think you can still do it unmedicated if that is your wish! I was really surprised how well my body reacted to Pitocin (and my dr was surprised too, haha).

25. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@tlcbaby, @revel, @pepper: Okay, thanks everyone. I'm going in in the morning and will discuss options with my doctor. After some research, I feel better about the cervidil and folley balloon, and hoping they will do the trick and start things up. Thanks for the advice ill try to keep ya posted.

26. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

Good luck today @jh524! Thinking good thoughts for you and I hope everything goes well.

27. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@jh524: chiming in to say good luck! I was induced with outpacing and had a med free birth like I hoped. You can do it!

28. swedishfish

@jh524: good luck today!!

29. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@maybebaby: what's outpacing?

@tinypiglet, @swedishfish: thank you!

30. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@jh524: lol oops! Pitocin. Autocorrect while typing with one hand while nursing

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee