Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Wow -- it sounds like it's going to be amazing! But tons of work. Like people always say to us -- it'll all be worth it in the end, right?!

2. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@HeartAbandoned: oh exciting! What color for the nursery?! We put in hardwood just before we moved into this house and i'm SO happy we did. I bet you'll love it!

@Mrs. Lion: oh my gosh, same with me re: pregnancy clothes. This time last time I already busted out the maternity jeans. They're still tucked away, because there's NO way I'm putting on jeans in 100+ heat and humidity. (Have I mentioned how much I hate living in the south???) I told my husband I want to move to Alaska after this if we plan on having a third—not kidding.

3. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@Mrs. Detour: ha! Totally! You just kind of accept the walking science experiment feeling, right?!

4. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

How was everyone's weekend? Any nursery/home/baby progress?

5. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Kbee: I was just about to post because I'm avoiding work on a Monday morning!! Thanks for starting things up How was yours??

We actually got over a big hurdle, which was to design the nursery on this room-planning website. Now everything is laid out, theoretically, so we're going to work on accumulating the furniture slowly over the next few months. MIL ordered our glider/ottoman yesterday, she couldn't wait!

6. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Kbee: We have started moving furniture! Our guest room will become the nursery, the upstairs office will become the guest room, and the downstairs office/music room will now have all of my office stuff (from upstairs) in it, too. The new guest room is almost empty & ready for DH to move the bed, so that is huge progress for us! (Especially since that's the room that still had boxes in it that we hadn't opened since we moved...3 years ago )

@loopedd: So jealous of your glider! We went to Buy Buy Baby to just scout things out this weekend, and we now have our hearts set on a glider. We have a rocking chair already, but a glider will be SO nice in the nursery. What room-planning website did you use?

7. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@HeartAbandoned: BBB is where I fell in love with the glider too! A Best Chairs one. It's like sitting on a cloud

We used Planyourroom.com. DH is obsessed with it since you can enter measurements down to the quarter inch and be super accurate/anal! Baby's room is actually the master bedroom in our apartment (spoiled already!!) b/c our bedroom furniture wouldn't fit in there when we moved in. So we're putting a pullout daybed in there too so we have some semblance of a guest room! Here's what we came up with, if you want to see:

http://furnituredealer.planningwiz.com/plankey_6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88573324060804

8. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@loopedd: That's so cool! I might have to try it out.

I have my NT scan tomorrow. It's also Liam's first day of preschool. Bound to be an emotional day!

9. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Oh WOW what a big day!! It will be so good to get the NT scan done with. Is Liam excited for school??

10. mrs. tictactoe

@loopedd: He is so excited. I wish the timing worked out better because now I have to take him with me to the scan, without my husband. But it'll be ok.

11. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@loopedd: Yay for designing your nursery! What a great idea to plan the layout. That is something that we have yet to do - I think I'm going to start browsing some websites for furniture ideas this week.

@heartabandoned: Sounds like you got a ton done too! We are procrastinating on moving things, we're doing some room switches as well. And I hear you on having boxes sitting around, we have the same - just stuff that has been stuffed in closets for 3-4 years now. We've been working on going through that stuff and getting it more organized.

@mrs. tictactoe: Aww such a special day tomorrow. Good luck with the NT scan and sending your big boy off to preschool

12. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@loopedd: Such a neat website! And your nursery looks great! I bet it's definitely helpful with a non-square room. I can see me spending way too much time on there! Thank you for sharing.

@mrs. tictactoe: Good luck with the scan & the first day tomorrow!

13. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Kbee: We had planned to do some work on the nursery, but my husband was sick so we didn't get to it.

@loopedd: I was going to just throw some tape down on the floor to mark out furniture and see if we can fit a full size crib, but I like your program better!

@mrs. tictactoe: Good luck with your NT scan and I hope Liam has a great first day tomorrow!

My mom is starting to stress me out. I love her, and I know she's just so excited about her first grandchild, but she's trying to make a gazillion travel plans for ME. She wants me to fly across the country with a 7 week old baby without my husband to visit her for a week during spring break. Then they've already planned this two week long trip in July (that includes a very long road trip) and are just assuming I'll be there with the baby, again without DH. I wish she would just chill until the baby is here and we can actually figure out whether any of that is even feasible.

14. Mrs. Rabbit

@Aria: ugh that sounds incredibly stressful! Is there a reason why SHE can't come visit when the baby is 7 weeks old? Seems awfully rude to make you go all that way!

15. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Aria: sounds stressful. I'm having such a hard time with pre-baby planning, I can't imagine thinking about trips post baby. I agree with Mrs. Rabbit, she should come to you.

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: She's already planning on coming out in February after the baby is born. She thought it would be cheaper if she pays for just me to fly to her, rather than my parents buy two tickets to come here. But not only is it stressful to do that, I also have to board the dogs because my husband works insane hours, which honestly is more than a plane ticket, so it would end up costing ME more money, even if they pay for my ticket! Plus my husband really doesn't want to be away from the baby for a week that early. Eventually I'm going to just tell her no, but I feel bad. I'm hoping she realizes it's insane on her own.

17. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@Aria: i would be saying a big fat no on that one! You want to see a newborn during postpartum period, come to momma!

18. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Happy Monday everyone! We got our registries done and worked out and... dare I say... DH actually had fun with it! Even though later when I said that he totally denied it. So for now that is pretty much settled (except I'm still undecided about skipping the infant seat) until we know the gender, then I'll probably swap some things out and add a couple things.

We're pretty busy for the next few weekends, but I REALLY need to get working on the nursery. I did go through all of the baby stuff I've accumulated in the last couple months and put it all in the future nursery, but we have a lot to do in there.... move the furniture out, finish removing wallpaper, paint walls and trim, finish installing the trim, fix the built-ins that need a bit of love, and then FINALLY start to order and get nursery furniture. I don't see much of this happening for at least 3 weeks, and then I think it will probably take at least a month to finish, since we will only have a bit of time to work on it over weekends. I guess that's still plenty of time... I just would rather spend it organizing and decorating than doing construction stuff!

19. Mrs. Rabbit

@Aria: So frustrating! But yeah, that all just sounds like a big headache. Sorry you have to deal with that.

This past week my mom was in town and we managed to sort, organize, and store alllll of my daughter's old clothes. I've just been stuffing them in boxes as she grows out of them, but I finally put them in space saver bags and went through the outfits I want to keep (in case we have a girl) and what I want to sell/donate. I cleaned out so many of her drawers that I actually have an entire dresser completely empty!!!

20. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Aria: "I'm hoping she realizes it's insane on her own." - a phrase I apply to my own mother far too often I'm stressed out for you just hearing about that!! My MIL can be that way too -- so excited and her heart's in the right place but I'm like, slow down lady!

@Circusbee: I never would have guessed how much DH loves looking around at BRU. I think they love anything with lots of gear!! And I know what you mean about the nursery -- I just want to skip to decorating with the cute stuff and not worry about the not-so-fun pre-work!

21. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Circusbee: @loopedd: DH totally loved our trip to BBB this weekend, too! So fun He has sworn of BRU though, after we shopped their for a baby shower a few years ago. The one in our town is TERRIBLE, so he refuses to set foot inside. Thankfully BBB opened up not too long ago!

22. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I so wish I had a BBB close by.... the BRU just clearly doesn't have a lot to look at in the store. I think the closest one is like 2 hours away?? I'm thinking about going there by myself one of these days just to check stuff out, though. And maybe "start a registry" to get the goody bag

23. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

@Aria: I agree with everyone that they should come to you! You just never know how you will feel. Plus packing & traveling with a baby sounds like a lit of work.

@Circusbee: @HeartAbandoned: @loopedd: yay for registries. I'm thinking I will do one for the goody bag & to get the completion discount on the few items we will need for LO #2.

24. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Aria: I'll echo everyone else here and say that I totally agree. And ditto to what @Mrs. Lion said, come to momma! Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with parents who have unrealistic expectations (in-laws, actually), but you really just have to stand your ground sometimes, especially when your sanity with a newborn is involved.

25. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@loopedd: yes my birthday is today and I have my appointment in a few and then if all goes well we are breaking the news tonight...such a big day!! hope you guys are having a good one!

26. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Beanie132: @mrs. tictactoe: Good luck to both of you on your appointments today!

27. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Beanie132: Happy birthday! And hope your appointment goes well!

28. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Beanie132: happy birthday!

29. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Beanie132: Happy Birthday!

30. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Beanie132: Happy birthday!!! Hope today is amazing.

@mrs. tictactoe: Hope your eventful day is going well too!

31. mrs. tictactoe

@Beanie132: happy birthday!

32. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@Beanie132: happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate!

I have my nt scan today! Ultrasound days are my favorite but i always start getting a little nervous right before. But i think im feeling little movements here and there, which is pretty much the greatest thing ever. I had to wait until like 25 weeks last time!

33. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I also get a little nervous before every appointment, even when I have no reason to think anything has gone wrong. I just can't help it.

34. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @mrs. tictactoe: @loopedd: @Aria: @Circusbee: @Kbee: @HeartAbandoned: thank you..it has been a fabulous day!! appointment went great, heard the heartbeat! told the office folks! got flowers from the hubby and we are off to dinner and telling facebook, the momentum of this day has been superb.

35. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: my NT is today, too! Waiting right now. I always get nervous, too!

36. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Beanie132: Sounds wonderful! And I think it will get even better when all the Facebook likes start rolling in

37. Mrs. Rabbit

@Beanie132: So exciting!!!! And happy birthday

@mrs. tictactoe: @Mrs. Lion: Hope you ladies have good scans today!!!

38. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

Can't wait to hear how all the scans went! I really enjoyed mine last month.

Today I had a regular appointment--heard the heartbeat and had blood drawn for the quad screen. I recorded the heartbeat on my phone so I can listen again anytime! I haven't decided yet if I will buy a doppler. Do any of you guys have one?

We received the baby's first gift today! We are moving at the end of the week, so some friends gave baby some A&A swaddling blankets as a send off. Very nice choice!

39. Mrs. Rabbit

Heading to my 16-week appointment tomorrow for the quad screen test. I'm a little nervous, because with Julia I had a false positive for one of the things they check for. That (plus another marker that came up at my anatomy scan) dubbed me as high risk and resulted in NSTs for my third trimester. I'm just praying everything will be fine this time. I'm also going to talk to my midwife about seeing if they can reconfirm my due date since that's one of the things that led to a false positive the first time. Hopefully it's not too late in the game to check for that. I'm also hoping to schedule my anatomy scan appointment tomorrow, so that's exciting

@Iced Tea: Love the idea of recording the heartbeat! I need to do that tomorrow!

40. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Iced Tea: What a lovely gift! Are you moving far? We bought a Doppler several weeks ago and I think it's SO worth it. It's just an extra tool for peace of mind between appointments or when I feel nervous for any reason… I love having it!

@Mrs. Rabbit: Good luck tomorrow! Will keep my fingers crossed that everything is fine this time around. And hope you get some clarity on your due date!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee