Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@GreeneB2: As far as I know, "lightning crotch" is about as technical as it gets and is just one of those blessings we get to deal with. For me, it's an intense burst of pain down there...it's sharp and sorta radiates for a split second, kinda like I'd imagine it'd feel like if lightning actually struck me there!

I had NSTs during my last pregnancy twice a week for about 10 weeks and they included a sonogram every time to check my fluid. When it was low (and it was occasionally), I'd go back in for another check and I'd just make sure to drink A TON of water for a few days before the scan. It was always back up to a good level after doing that.

2. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@GreeneB2: my ob checked when I was in the hospital and my fluid was a little low, but not a concern yet. At my next appointment she said it was fine. If your doc was worried they would have done more. If it was that scary they would induce you, just like if you had pre-eclampsia.

3. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @Mrs. Rabbit: Thanks, ladies, that makes me feel better! I'm definitely trying to up my water intake!

4. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@GreeneB2: I remember reading that lightning crotch is related to movement in the pubic symphysis joint. Normally it has a stiff ligament and barely moves, but our good ole relaxin lets it move more. It has been bothering me more and more.

5. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@GreeneB2: I had low fluid with Liam. It's actually really hard for them to measure it accurately, so many times they think you have low fluid when you don't. But drink lots of smart water and try to stay off your feet as much as possible!

6. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Just had my 36 week appointment and I definitely cried during the stupid thing I gained over 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks! How in the world?? The midwife agreed with me that it was mostly swelling, though, and definitely wasn't worried at all but it just made me upset for some reason? Dumb hormones...

7. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Circusbee: Sorry you got emotional about the weight. It's so much fluid like you said at this point. I've gained way more then I wanted to at this point and I hate seeing the number. The assistant who does it keeps saying she doesn't need to tell them the numbers out loud and I don't have to look. Then I remember it's just temporary, a few more weeks and I'll weigh a lot less haha. I lost the weight very quickly last time so I'm hoping I have the same luck this time.

I've been so sick still, it's crazy. I can't keep anything down. I think my body was like, oh hey, you never had any morning sickness in the first trimester, lets make up for it now. It's so bad though and the thought of going into labour with no energy is so scary. I have my dr appt tomorrow so I might ask for some anti nausea meds so I can try and keep something down. I'm a little worried about getting dehydrated at this rate.

8. Mrs. Rabbit

@Circusbee: I gained 5lbs at my 36-week appt, too! I chalked it up to water weight, and at my 37-week appt. I luckily didn't gain any, so it kinda evened itself out a bit.

@MrsB2012: Hope you feel better soon and that your doc has something to help you out!

9. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Circusbee: Everything makes me emotional too! 5 lbs isn't so bad, especially at the end. Maybe I'm being too lax, but I'm not too worried about weight gain here in these last few weeks - I mean we're almost there!!

I also had my 36-week appointment today. My BP was higher than normal, and just above their cut-off, which meant I got to take a urine test and get bloodwork done. Urine test was negative for proteins (whew!), but bloodwork won't come back until tomorrow. She said if things looked bad enough I'd get sent to L&D tomorrow...so cue freakout! THEN she decided that would be a good time to take my blood pressure again, ha! And of course it was even higher.

Thankfully we have a medical/research-grade blood pressure machine at my office and I took my BP later in the afternoon, and it's normal. So hopefully this means everything is fine, I don't have pre-e, and don't have to go to L&D tomorrow!

10. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@MrsB2012: I'm so sorry to hear you're sick That's got to be so hard at the end of pregnancy. Hopefully you have a few more weeks to recover before that baby comes, and all will be fine!

11. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@MrsB2012: @Mrs. Rabbit: @Kbee: Thanks guys. I felt really silly crying in that stupid room, I know 5 lbs is not the worst thing ever and it still puts me in the healthy overall weight gain range, it was just such a shock.

In my pouting I completely forgot to report the exciting news, that baby has dropped! Unfortunately that didn't resolve my rib pain, shortness of breath, or heartburn, and baby seems to have taken his new position to mean he can stretch out his little feet and kick me a bit harder in the ribs, but it's nice to know we're headed in the right direction!

12. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: I was wondering if it's possible for baby to have dropped when I still feel so crunched up at the top (shortness of breath, LOTS of rib kicking!) so I'm sorry that those things didn't go away, but like you said, good that things are moving right along! Oh and, between 32-34 weeks I somehow gained 6 LBS and was like WTF... bodies are so strange.

@Kbee: Eeek... you must have been so relieved at your normal BP later in the day! Did you get the bloodwork back?

@MrsB2012: Sorry you are still so sick! Hope the doc helped today

Cannot believe I just noticed that our first Feb baby was born on the L&D thread... I reallllly need to pack my hospital bag!!

13. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Circusbee: There must be something about those weeks of pregnancy, I gained a lot then too.

I had my 36 week appointment today. I was all excited that there was going to be an ultrasound, but it was really fast and she's so big you really can't see anything on the tiny screen. At least we know she's head down, but still up high. I also got my first cervical check (ouch!!) and there is nothing going on there. Not looking forward to those every week now.

Has anyone else had a return of their nausea? Mine is back with a vengeance, plus I wake up every hour at night because of back pain so I can't get any sleep. I feel like crap. I am so ready to get this baby OUT!

14. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@loopedd: I'm feeling a lot better today actually thanks

@Aria: I'm surprised you had a check alread! Sorry your nausea came back, I've been in the se boat, sick and my back is so sore. I made a chiro appt for this afternoon so I'm hoping that helps

15. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Kbee: Have you gotten your bloodwork back yet? Hoping everything looks good!

I'm enjoying keeping up with all of you as you make it down the home stretch! We're adjusting to life at home with a newborn, and still wrapping our heads around the fact that our little guy made his appearance so much sooner than we expected. We're so thankful he's healthy & here!

16. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

I've gained about 33 pounds, but i feel like it's all happened in the past couple of weeks! Every time i get weighed at the doctor it shoots up like 6 or 7 pounds. Only four more weeks to go, hopefully i won't gain too much more.

@Aria: I felt the same exact way at my ultrasound, too! We just saw random body parts, we didn't get to see her face, and the tech didn't give us any pictures. we were just like, oookay! And the doctor did the strep b test. First time it's been waist down since week 8!

17. Mrs. Lion

Yall, I am losing my mind...My contractions continue to get worse and I no longer need to take meds to stop them because I am past 34 weeks, but they aren't causing dilation. So I just spend all day long with my stupid phone timer tracking them and worrying. Being on bedrest is mind numbingly boring and I just worry all the time

On top of that I went in today to get my next to last progesterone shot, and the pharmacy never shipped it to my dr. office. So I had to skip this week's shot. It's been 8 days since my last one, and the shots only last a week...so in theory I could actually go into labor at any time if the progesterone is what has been keeping me from going into labor...

I am so scared about not realizing that my contractions have turned into "real" contractions and waiting too long to go to the hospital. Baby girl is very stubbornly breech and I will have to have my second c-section. I keep having visions of my uterus rupturing because I wait too long to go in. I am sure I am overreacting, but I have way too much time to think about such things.

Sorry for the vent. I know you are all ready to have these babies in our arms too! I hate wishing that my water would just break so this could be over, because I know she really could use a couple more weeks to cook, but this is making me crazy

18. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: Oh my goodness, I would've been pissed if I showed up and they didn't have it for me! When can you get the shot? I REALLY hope tomorrow????

I'm sorry you're having so many contractions. I'd be nervous, too (so sorry, probably not what you want to hear); what has your doc said about deciding when to go in or is it just a judgement call on your part?

Out of curiosity, are you using an app to keep track of the contractions? Which one, if you are?

Thinking about you!!!

19. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: Yes, I do have an app. It is for android and called Contraction Timer. Original, huh I really like it though. Very basic, but it is very functional. Easy to edit if you forget to stop timing (I do that a lot). It keeps track of the length and the interval so you know how far they are apart.

As for the prescription, the earliest they can get it to my dr is friday, and their office is closed on friday. So I can't get one until Tuesday, a whole week late (my last one was last Tuesday). My ob wants me to go ahead and get it next week but I am not feeling super confident that it will make a difference at that point. I have no idea

20. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: That sucks so much, I'm sorry!! Here's hoping all of the contractions you're having are actually helping you progress.

21. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@GreeneB2: My 36 week appointment was on Monday and I also had the GBS test. But get this! They let me do it myself, which I didn't expect (but did appreciate). It is very simple, so they just let their clients do it in private.

Even though I can eat less than ever now, I'm still gaining easily. I've gained 32 pounds.

@Mrs. Lion: My baby was breech for a few weeks also. I did some spinning babies exercises and swimming. She started flipping every way for a week but finally committed to head-down and seems to have stayed that way over 90% of the last week. I hope your babe can do the same. You should be able to do the pelvic tilt exercise on bedrest. It just involves hanging out with an elevated pelvis so baby can back out and get turned around.

22. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Aria: Ugh I'm so sorry your nausea is back! My stomach doesn't feel the same as it did with MS, but has been extra wonky. I literally feel like it's getting pushed around and getting angry! My back is so sore too. These last few weeks seem designed to push you right to the edge!

@HeartAbandoned: I still can't believe you have a baby! I told DH that we had our first Due Date Thread baby and he was like You should start a postpartum thread so hopefully we can all join you soon!

@Mrs. Lion: I am so, sorry about everything. I cried when something went wrong at photo printing shop where I was picking up pics for work today… I can't imagine how I would've lost it with your progesterone situation. As far as the contractions, the baby nurse that we took our childbirth class with was ADAMANT that we'd know when it was real the deal - but I have no idea. I can totally understand not wanting to go to L&D more than necessary, too! I'm sure it's impossible to distract yourself. I am so sorry!

23. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: ugh hugs!!! It's so hard not to freak out when you have less distractions.

24. Mrs. Lion

@loopedd: you should have heard the nasty phone call I had with the pharmacy company today. I told DH that if this had happened at 23 weeks I would be considering a lawsuit. How can a company that deals with such a time sensitive medication drop the ball like this so badly? There isn't even a word for how furious I am. My blood pressure is usually 114/70 and today when I was in the office it was 142. Ugh. Stupid people.

@Iced Tea: my doctor is fairly certain she's not going anywhere, due to the shape of my uterus. lo1 was exactly the same position for the entire time too. apparantly they are nice and cozy that way haha

25. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I do not blame you for ONE SECOND. People's medications are nothing to mess with!! God I wish a cocktail was a possibility. The only time I really miss a drink is at the end of a long day dealing with idiots!

26. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Oh my gosh! I can't believe they would let that happen!! I'll be thinking of you and baby over the next few days. It sounds like you are in a tough situation, and feel free to vent here all that you want! Have you talked to your provider about your concern about knowing when contractions turn to "real" contractions? Can they give you any extra reassurance just to help you feel a little less anxious for the time being? Easier said than done, I know. I'm sure we are all so anxious about everything right now!

27. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@HeartAbandoned: @loopedd: I did get my bloodwork back - and it was normal! Thanks for asking! So they aren't concerned about anything at all for now, they'll just be extra attentive to my BP when I go in again on Monday (cue the anxiety and high "white coat" BP again...).

@Aria: Oh man, that sounds rough. I hope you get to feeling better soon! These babies make it hard on us at the end!

@HeartAbandoned: thanks for sticking around here! It's so unbelievable that there are 2 February babies now. I hope you are having the most wonderful time with your baby boy, I can't wait until mine is here!!

28. Mrs. Rabbit

Had my 38-week appointment this morning. I'm 3 cm now (i was 1cm last week), so the EPO may be working? I also tested positive for group b, so I want to go read up on that now. I just need this little lady to stay put today and tomorrow (my birthday), then it's game on to get her out!

29. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: that's exciting! Tell me more about evening primrose oil....haha

30. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Happy almost birthday! Are you doing anything special? Mine was last week and it was very low-key, but so nice because I can't handle anything crazy at the moment! And I def overdid it on cake, cuz why not?

@Mrs. Lion: How are you doing with the contractions today??

31. Mrs. Lion

@loopedd: Would you believe I have had like, 4? I was on my feet most of the morning grocery shopping and walking around Sams Club. Figures, haha I am wondering if it's the calm before the storm or something. Is that a thing? I have no idea

32. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Happy Birthday a day early! Hopefully you get to have a nice date night with your DH (and that new baby won't interfere yet!)?

@loopedd: Happy belated birthday! Definitely agree on the cake - "why not?" is absolutely my attitude these last few weeks

So many January birthday moms having February babies! Mine is next week too!

@Mrs. Lion: Are you feeling any better today?

33. Mrs. Lion

@Kbee: I'm doing good! Officially 35 weeks and ready for this baby to be born. I know it is so early, but when your OB says "I will be happy for you to make it to 34" it makes it feel like 35 is overdue! Trying to remind myself that that isn't the case haha Thank you for asking! How are you doing?? Everything ok with your BP still?

34. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Haha, you have the most unpredictable contractions I've ever heard of!! Funny to see that you're just 35 weeks now (same as me today!) since you've had so much action over the past few weeks. But congrats on making it this far!!

@Kbee: That's so funny about all of us January mamas! Seriously, I ate leftover cake for a week. And my work is having a little shower for me this evening so there's more in my future

35. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: SO glad you're at 35 weeks!! Here's to making it to 36 and beyond?! So, apparently EPO is supposed to help with ripening the cervix and dilation. My midwife suggested that I take one vaginally starting at 36 weeks and then 3 (twice vaginally and once orally) starting at 38 weeks. Here's a link I just pulled up about it (but feel free to do your own search...this was one of the first that came up: http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/Evening_Primrose_Oil_for_Cervical_Dilation) I'm guessing it must be working? I haven't been doing much walking (unless Target counts), and hardly any sex (because I want to wait until after tomorrow for things to happen), but yet I'm already at 3cm. Coincidence? Maybe...but maybe not?!

@loopedd: Happy belated birthday!!! We have a sitter for tonight (WOOHOO!), but it's because we're going to a birth class. I really wanted to go see a movie, but the class gets out at 7:30 and the next round of movies in our town don't start until 10, and that's a tad bit too late for me to start a movie in a theater! So, my husband made some pie this afternoon and we'll just come back here and watch a movie from Amazon or something! Also, now I want cake...in addition to pie, of course!

@Kbee: Happy early birthday! January birthdays rock!!

36. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: So crazy! I would be very panicked if this baby was born now, at 35 weeks. Not ready yet! But I know I'll be very ready as soon as I'm done working.

37. Mrs. Lion

@loopedd: Thanks! And yes, it is completely ridiculous haha I am thankful that I am no longer on bed rest and that LO will be home with me half days next week...too much time to think is making me crazy!

@Mrs. Rabbit: interesting! Not ready for that yet...if she wan'ts to come on her own that's fine but I would feel terrible if I rushed things along at this point haha but I am so glad it is working for you!

@mrs. tictactoe: 5 weeks of bed rest was enough for me to feel ready, even though I shouldn't. How much longer do you have left at work?

38. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: Yeah, I'm sure! Only 3 weeks! Can't believe it.

39. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: You could always skip your birth class You are a veteran! haha

40. Mrs. Lion

@mrs. tictactoe: eek! so exciting Do you have to have a lot prepared ahead of time just in case?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee