Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013: Mamas & Babies!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@silver1: I'm not sure how his poo is. He did all his bowel movements at daycare, haha. I'm assuming if they were abnormal, they would've let me know though.

He finally peed!!! I had a big wet diaper to change this morning!! I's crazy the things that make us happy now.

2. Adira

@QueensBee: Yes, of COURSE he slept like a champ for daddy! Now that I'm back, he's back to waking me up at 4:30! Thanks, buddy!

@Smurfette: Did R end up waking at a decent time to eat? Or did you have to wake her? Sorry she's still not feeling well. Sick babies just break my heart!

@ALV91711: Good luck on the flight today!!! Hopefully Isaac does just fine! My only worry would be his ears popping and him not liking that, but other than that, I'm sure he'll be fine!

3. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Adira: haha. Yay pee!

4. Adira

@aprk: The things we get excited over, huh? Being a parent makes us all crazy.

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: Yay!! Who knew we would get so excited about poop!

Rough night for the Smurfs. I went to bed at 10 and couldn't fall asleep, so when she woke up at midnight I was still up. I had to reswaddle her, her arm was all twisted. She woke up again at 330, reswaddled her. R nursed for a while and then she was asleep but kept moving around like she wasn't comfortable. So I took her arms out of the swaddle and just wrapped the swaddle around her chest. She was out. She looked so cute sleeping with her hands up by her head. She woke up again at 5 cause of coughing and then again at 530. DH said that when he picked her up at 530, as soon as she was on his shoulder she was out. So she just doesn't know to close her eyes in her crib, or something. I woke her up at 645, changed her and we were out the door for school.
    I am so tired!!

6. Adira

@Smurfette: Sounds like a rough night!! Hopefully once R is feeling better, you'll all be able to get some more sleep! And don't you just love how babies sleep with their arms up by their heads?? Sooooo cute!! I once found Xander sleeping with both hands tucked under his head - it was adorable!! But the thing that made it MORE adorable was the fact that I wasn't sleep deprived, haha.

You live somewhere warm, right? I was going to ask if you think maybe she was cold with her arms out of the swaddle and that's why she fell asleep on your husband but couldn't on her own. But I think you live somewhere warm, sot hat's probably not the case (unless you've got your A/C going pretty good?). Or maybe it was being elevated on your husband's shoulder that made it easier for her to fall back asleep? I hope you're all able to get some sleep again soon!!!

7. Smurfette

@Adira: I honestly think that it is just she doesn't associate the crib to sleep. Since we put her in it asleep. She is use to being on us to go to sleep. I don't think she gets to just close her eyes and she would be asleep. We have to sleep train but I want to talk to her pediatrician first and we go on the 11th.

8. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh yeah, that could definitely be it. And since you're seeing her pediatrician soon, you might as well wait to sleep train. Hopefully you'll get the go-ahead and maybe some good advice on how to go about it!

9. Smurfette

@Adira: Plus I want to read the No Cry Sleep Solution. I don't think CIO is going to work on Mrs Stubborn

10. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, I've heard good things about that book! I hope it's helpful for you! And hopefully R figures out how to self-soothe fairly quickly.

11. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: we started doing the pick up/put down method to get Andy to learn to fall asleep on his own.its really be helpful so that we can put him down drowsy but awake.

12. Smurfette

@aprk: how does that work?????

13. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: I haven't read the book or anything but basically we do our bedtime routine and then I put him in the bassinet (dark room, white noise, give him a kiss and lay him down). Then when/if he cries I pick him up immediately, don't say anything, he usually quiets quickly, then I lay him back down, still not saying anything. I do this as many times as it takes for him to fall asleep. The idea is that he feels comforted that you haven't abandoned him, but still does't rely on you to put him to sleep. Sometimes it works with one put down, sometimes it takes 10+. I think the more you do it, the easier it gets.

14. Smurfette

@aprk: Right now we are nursing to sleep, so when do you nurse? I am sure most of the time, she is just using me a pacifier, since she won't take one. Do you just stand in the room where he can't see you?

15. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: I don't nurse him to asleep if I can help it. I usually nurse him before the diaper change/PJs. I just lay down in the bed after putting him down.

16. Smurfette

@aprk: Well maybe this weekend, hopefully she will be better by then, we can try that. I could nurse her till drowsy and then put her down. Once she gets that down we can nurse, book, then bed.

17. Smurfette

So the teachers at DC said that they have a 9 week old starting today. Is it bad that I am bummed R won't be the baby in the class anymore? I am afraid she isn't going to get as much attention.

18. Adira

@Smurfette: Awww, no, I totally get that! I'll be sad when Xander's not the baby anymore too! But I'm sure she'll still get tons of attention!

19. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@silver1: Thanks for passing along that article! So interesting- I never thought about how we are the first generation to attempt 50/50 parenting. I will be trying to be less of a gatekeeper, for sure. And I love that your DH signed up for even more responsibilities! That's great!

@adira: Yay, glad Xander had a big pee this morning!

@aprk: I am going to try your self-soothing/sleep technique. I need this kid to become a more independent sleeper!

Two updates on my end:
    I dropped off the daycare security deposit yesterday. When I arrived, the facility was super clean and all the babies were wither happily playing or sleeping. It made me feel really good about the decision. Also, I see how much Pete enjoys looking at other babies during our movement and singing classes, so I hope he will enjoy the social interaction even at his young age.

And then, my boss actually called me yesterday regarding some scheduling and hiring questions. I totally wasn't prepared to mention my hope for a part-time position in the future, but since I had her on the phone and we were discussing the schedule, I decided to just go ahead and plant the seed! She was really receptive to the idea of it and said that it may even be possible to move to a part-time teaching schedule this September. So, however it works out, I feel really good that I mentioned it and that it is a real possibility!

20. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad to hear that your visit to the daycare went well and you're feeling good about your decision!! I love having Xander in a daycare, so hopefully you'll love having Pete there too!

That's awesome your boss was so receptive to you moving to part-time!!!! What a big step, just mentioning it! I hope that it works out for you and you're able to start part-time as early as September! That would be so awesome!

21. aprk

pomegranate / 3452 posts

@Smurfette: hope she feels better!

22. Smurfette

@QueensBee: Great news on both fronts!

23. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee