Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2014: Appointments

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Dandelion: Yay!!! So glad to hear it!!!

2. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Trying to pass the time until my next appointment in 9 days..... I will be 15 weeks at that point! I think this is just to hear the heartbeat and I guess more urine and blood testing?

Anyone else have an appointment coming up soon?

3. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@anonysquire: I have one on Monday and I'll be right around 15 weeks too! I think it's to hear the heartbeat, get weighed, pee in a cup.. etc. No blood work that I know of at this one, since it's at my midwives office and no one there takes blood. OH and she will review my eating diary thing and a questionnaire I had to fill out!

4. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Oooh how exciting! I wish no one at the birthing center could draw blood lol. It freaks me out so bad. The midwife is always like, "Oh does drawing your blood make you pass out?" and I'm like, "No it just makes me cry." Ugh I hate it. Hmmm I should keep an eating diary. Have fun at your appointment!

5. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

My next one is at 14 weeks on Oct. 1. Do your husbands come with you to the quickie appointments? Obviously he's been to the big ones with ultrasounds, but is it worth it for him to come? I haven't had one of these appts yet.

6. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

@futuremama: my DH doesn't because it's not realistic for him to take off work. The appts are SO fast. Weight, pee, BP, HB questions, done. I've been in and out in 8 minutes once.

7. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

@futuremama: So far DH has come with me to both. Glad he came to the first one to see the ultrasound and HB, but the last one was just in and out in 15 minutes. Of course I'd love for him to come every time, but if he can't get off work for the quick ones I don't think it's a big deal.

8. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@futuremama: My husband wont be. Only the 20 weeks ultrasound and then we will see what else he needs to come to. I figure he better save up his holiday hours for when baby comes.

9. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

I have an appointment on the 27th, but it's a colposcopy. The only good thing about it is that it's with my favorite OB at the office.

My next actual prenatal appointment is on the 11th.

10. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@futuremama: DH came to my dating US at 7 weeks, first midwife appt around 9 weeks, and NT scan. That's probably all he can come to. He starts a very intense program at work in 2 weeks and can't get time off.

11. Bao

My next appt is the 11th and then the anatomy scan the 25th

12. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@futuremama: My husband wanted to come to my ultrasound, but he had to work. I scheduled my next appointment so that he can come, but it's not an ultrasound. But, he probably will want to go, anyways. I'll for sure schedule my anatomy scan for when he can go, too.

13. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@futuremama: DH plans to come to all of them, but it is easier for him to get to my appointments then it is for me because he works like 2 buildings away. Plus he has a really flexible job as a graduate student (he can come in and leave basically whenever he wants as long as his research gets done), so it's really not an issue. I haven't had one of the quickie appointments yet, but I'm pretty sure he will come to all of them.

If it's difficult for your DH to get off, I don't think it would be a big deal for him to skip a quick one!

14. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@futuremama: Not the quickie appointments, he usually stays home with our little guy if he's off. I only schedule ultrasounds for when he can for sure make it. Plus my office requires small children to have an additional adult present if they come to the ultrasound, so it's nice that we don't really have a choice but to have him present.

15. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Had my midwife appointment this morning! I'm 14 weeks 5 days or 15 weeks depending who you ask, so I;m going with 15 weeks. Heard the heart beat and everything was good

16. prettylizy

GOLD / papaya / 10206 posts

Popping in! Had a MW appt last week and finally heard our little bean. 144bmp and s/he kicked the doppler probe! lol! Going 15 weeks without seeing or hearing this LO was strange (we opted not to bother with a dating ultrasound) but what an awesome moment when I heard that little one for the first time. My MW was so great, she told me to take my time and soak it in, I could listen as long as I wanted

17. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I plan my appointments around DH's days off. He loves going to appointments and I enjoy the afternoons I get with him.

I have an appointment on Monday. It should be quick! October 7th we are going to an elective ultrasound. I am pretty excited about it. We are hoping to see if we have a girl or a boy in there. I am hoping to know sooner then later so we can get the names list paired down.

18. prettylizy

@futuremama: DH came to my first appt with our MW so he could meet her, and he'll come to the ultra sound but that's about it. He's in sales and every minute he's away from work is money lost so its tough for him to take time away just for routine visits. We do plan on having our doula come to a MW appt toward the end of our pregnancy so that everyone can get on the same page with our birth plan and I think he'll come to that one.

19. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Just had my appointment today!

How far along are you: 15 weeks

Heartbeat: 150bpm

Weight gained so far: 4 pounds

20. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@anonysquire: yay!

21. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

I have a colposcopy in the morning.

It's not a prenatal, but it's an appointment, and it's with my OB (and my favorite one of the whole office so far).

Not really looking forward to it so much. Hoping OB might sneak in a doppler, though, since I'm there, and he's there and the doppler is there...

22. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Dandelion: Ohhh good luck! And he totally should sneak in a Doppler!

23. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Dandelion: hope it went well and wasn't too unpleasant!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

24. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

It was fine. Nothing at all...was a false positive. I was so nervous that whole morning but thankfully for nothing.

25. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@anonysquire: no doppler...I forgot to ask! Oh well I go to my regular prenatal a week from Friday so I'll hang in there. I'm starting to feel the little person flop around so at least I have that :).

26. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Dandelion: oh man I still haven't felt anything I don't think. I don't know, yesterday I felt like a goldfish flop in my left middle stomach area but it hurt and I didn't think it's supposed to hurt. I don't know?

Anyone have an appointment coming up. We have our 20 week ultrasound in 21 days!!! I'm just hoping the baby has all organs and limbs!

27. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@anonysquire: soon you'll have the baby move and you'll be amazed! Last time I had one big baby kung fu at 15 weeks, then nothing until 18-19 when I started noticing it more often. I feel it best when I'm laying watching tv in the evenings, if I'm busy and running around I get nothing.

I just had my monthly appointment- blood pressure was good, heart rate was 158, and I get the anatomy scan anytime after the 17th (my doc likes 19 weeks for this) and did the second part of our quad screen today (yet another blood draw).

Based on our last test results, our chances of the trisomies went from 1/150ish (based on maternal age) to 1/10,000+ so that's always nice to hear

Got a good morning sickness story though:
    This morning my husband's car broke down, so he got me and C up to drive him in to work across town at 5:30am, since I had the 8am appointment and needed the car. Made it there, then had bad morning sickness, and started puking (and some loss of bladder control no thanks to my first pregnancy/delivery) in the parking lot just as my husband's boss pulls up. I don't know if he's told her I'm pregnant yet because she raised her eyebrows when I gasped out that I was ok and having morning sickness.... all while C was shrieking his head off in the back seat of the car Never boring, that's for sure!

28. prettylizy

I have a Chiro appt tomorrow, and next wed is my Monthly MW appt + anatomy scan + prenatal massage all in one day. Basically I'm super duper excited for next Wednesday! lol! Little Bean has been bugging around in there lately at night and I love it!

29. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

We just got done with our 3D/4D ultrasound and we are team blue again!! Dh and I are so happy. Can't wait to do our reveal pictures on Monday!!

30. prettylizy

@MrsRcCar: WOOHOO!! Boysboysboys!!

31. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@MrsRcCar: Yay, more blue! I'm so excited to have battle boys

32. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

@MrsRcCar: woo hoo!!

33. Bao

@lemondrop: oh geeze what a day!
    @MrsRcCar: yay congrats!!!

I had my appt today (16+3) heartbeat in the 150's and gained a couple pounds!! my anatomy scan is the 25th and can't come soon enough.

34. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

My anatomy scan is on the 17th...geeez I can't wait for it to get here! Dr thinks I'm 19 weeks, but my my calculations I'm 21 on Friday, so it seems like a late anatomy scan!

35. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

My appointment went great! The OB had gotten caught up by the time I got there, so I didn't have to worry about the delay.

Turns out, the OB I saw today was at the hospital when I lost S, even though I didn't even know it, so he already had first hand experience at who I was, which is nice, cause I get tired of relaying my story to every OB. He said, "Oh yeah, I know who you are!" I hear it a lot, but some OB's aren't as informed.

I heard the lovely heartbeat. I talked with him about plans for labor, and I told him that because of all the trauma with my last labor, I don't want to go into labor. I said I'd really like to have a c-section scheduled, and he said, "I don't blame you, and I think that's a good idea."

I have to wait 5 WHOLE weeks to go back, BUT, it's my anatomy scan!! Also, my blood sugar test (have to take it early, cause of my history), and I get to see the midwife who took care of me in the hospital, Nancy, for my appointment. November 15th won't come soon enough!

36. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Dandelion: Cool! So did they already give you a date for c section or do they wait to do that?

37. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@Dandelion: yay! Glad it went well

Ugh, not looking forward to the blood sugar stuff

38. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@anonysquire: I won't go past 39 weeks but I get ultrasounds to determine size every week from week 36. If baby is getting too close to big then they're going to get it out before. S got her shoulders stuckand we are all wanting to avoid that this time.

39. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Dandelion: oh ok, that makes sense. Was your son pretty big as well? I had 2 cousins deliver last week on the same day and they both had 9 pound babies!!

40. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@anonysquire: Kind of...he was 8 weeks early, but he was 6.5 pounds.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee