Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@LAZB: we moved when I was 7 months pregnant with LO1 and it really wasn't too bad. I obviously didn't do any of the lifting but did most of the sorting and unpacking. It was great to get more space. We also moved when LO1 was 9 months old and that was HARD. It's definitely easier to do pre-baby!

2. ninja

kiwi / 691 posts

@Mrs.o: so exciting for you to find out!

Just moving my son out of the nursery and into his big boy room is daunting enough...I can't imagine moving the whole house!

3. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Happy Monday everybody! I'm impatiently waiting for wed morning to come because we will get to see our little girl and hopefully see that she is in perfect health and form. I am unmistakeably feeling movement now but still use my Doppler almost daily because I love to check in on her.

What have you guys bought so far? I bought a used maclaren double stroller and a few baby clothes.

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I've bought some things for the nursery and clothes. We have almost everything we need because I just had a few showers for my son, so we are pretty much set. There are just a couple of more things that I have my eye on

5. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@MrsMccarthy: There was a huge semi annual consignment sale so I think I have enough clothes for the first 6 months! Along with a few smaller items. Other than that DH got a couple decorative things for the nursery, it will be super hero themed. I need to get moving on everything, I have a very intense urge to get everything ready asap. Not sure if its just my control freak/ excitement or if its because DD came unexpectedly early or what. But I plan to have almost all purchases done in in the next few weeks and then nursery done next month!

Those mamas with 2 LOs, are you buying another crib or moving your older one to a big kid bed?

DH is refusing to move the crib into the babys room for him to use, he insists that it is DDs and we bought it to grow with her since it converts(which we did). But I feel like it will be such a waste to buy another crib. DD with be just over 2 by the time the baby arrives, but I am not sure she will be ready to move up to a toddler bed.

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkb: thata awesome that you are so prepared! especially since you already have a LO and you work full time. we only have one nursery and in it now is a full sized bed with my sons crib sidecared to it. I'm sure eventually my son will take the bed and she will take the crib but since we do partial cosleeping I can't be sure yet. Perhaps you can save money by giving your daughter a floor bed as her big girl bed? It's the new montessori way and basically means all you would have to buy is a mattress and bedding. Depends on how well she adjusts though.

7. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@MrsMccarthy: just saw you're having a girl! That's so exciting!

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Tidybee: aw thanks honey! We are very excited. Sending you sticky fertile thoughts always.

9. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@mrsmccarthy I have picked up an ergo, several blankets, the crib, a fair amount of clothes on sale at Baby Gap, a k'tan carrier, etc. my MIL say to quit buying stuff and wait for my baby showers.

10. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

No baby shower, so I am trying to pick up things here and there. I have most of the essentials, I think. Car seat and stroller, diapers, ergo, cosleeper. I still need some smaller things and toiletry-type items but there's time. Other larger items like a swing can wait until after she's born, I think.

11. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I've bought nothing!!!! I want to know the gender so badly!!!!

12. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

I've bought some clothes so far, but not much else. I wasn't thinking I'd have a shower, since this is #2, but my SIL says she'd like to help throw one and my co-workers have been asking. So I don't know.

Are any of you 2nd time moms having showers?

@pinkb: We are moving into our new house next week and are planning on transitioning DD to a toddler bed then, so we can use the crib for the new baby. We'd originally bought it with the idea it'd transition with DD but it doesn't make sense to me to buy another crib.

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BeachMama: I've had several offers for showers, but I don't feel right having one, mostly because I just had a few, and it isn't standard where I live to have a shower after your first baby. Instead, I have agreed to a baby celebration where we can eat, others can drink, and we can celebrate baby girl without the focus on gifts. I know that some people will bring gifts anyway, but I have pretty much everything I need, 98% never used, so I don't plan on registering.

14. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: I know me neither! Two more weeks!

@BeachMama: if someone wants to throw me a sprinkle I'd love it but I don't plan to register or anything.

15. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Baby is definitely a girl and looking healthy and happy on te scan! Excuse my sons alphabet letters

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsMccarthy: cute!

17. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, LulaBee , MamaGoose(x2), MrsMcCarthy
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: Kemma, MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette, linzeelou
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee
    March 30: yellowbird
    March 31: Blessedmama (x2)
    April 1: NavyRN2012

18. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

Hi Guys! I haven't been around much since I just got married and am now back from my honeymoon! Some fun updates since I was last here:
    1) you can add me to team BLUE! We just found out during an elective scan that we are having a boy! We are naming him Benjamin (very easy choice- both of our #1 boy name)
    2)I have my anatomy scan on Nov 3 (I will be 21w3d, but I am out of town for work the week prior so I have to wait extra long!
    3) We closed on a house in a new town (where I work- I currently have an 80 minute commute which just will NOT do once the baby is here! Luckily DH works from home!)

Here is a pic from our wedding, and a pic of me filming for say yes to the dress!

19. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@ms. pug: congrats on your !

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@ms. pug: sweet! the boys and girls are even now!

21. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas

22. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Love that the list is filling up!

23. LuLu Mom

GOLD / wonderful olive / 19030 posts

You can add me to , we found out DD is going to have a sister (although she knew all along, she refused to say brother, creepy kids intuition haha)

I have my anatomy scan on November 12th, i'll be 20w5d, although at my appointment yesterday she took a look at most of the organs and everything so far looks great! Just waiting for the heart to be more developed.

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LuLu Mom: yay! i believe in kids' intuition- I had two little kids (not related to me) tell me mine was a baby girl without skipping a beat a few months back.

25. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@ms. Pug: congrats. You look beautiful!

Had my anatomy scan yesterday and everything is looking good! And DH got visual confirmation it's a boy so now we can start discussing names

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LuLu Mom: I love that she knew! Same thing happened for limabeans little bean.

@BeachMama: funny that! The blood test is 99% and ultrasound is something like 80% but it still feels more firm when you get a good look at the goods. What names are you batting around? I'm feeling pretty confident that we are go an go with Tallulah Carherine but there's plenty of time for us to change our minds.

27. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@mrsmccarthey: I know! That's what I kept telling DH but I guess men are just visual creatures. We haven't discussed any names yet. I've always likes Nathan for some reason but our last name starts w N so I'm not sure I like them together.

28. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Happy Friday everyone! My anatomy scan went great, baby is still a girl and looks healthy!

29. Mrs.o

pea / 6 posts

It's a girl for us! So excited
    But having terrible leg/foot aches, anyone else? Or advice on how to help it?

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Mrs.o: yay congrats!! sorry about the pains, I did read in one of my pregnancy newsletter things that leg cramps are a common symptom beginning around 18 weeks

31. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas

32. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

A stranger said something along the lines of I must be about to have baby soon, and when I said it's a long way off, she said "is it twins?" It made me so down! I just get big when I'm pregnant, and it's none of anyone's effing business! I've only gained 8# this time around, pretty decent for 19 weeks.

Okay, vent over. Just shut up about my belly, world!

33. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LulaBee: that's awful, i'm sorry people have no idea what they're talking about

34. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@LulaBee: i don't get why people think pregnancy means they can comment about someone's body! so rude!

if it makes you feel better, i had gained 19 pounds by my 19w1d appointment... so you're doing better than me

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LulaBee: People said that about me with my son all the time. it was so obnoxious and its so ignorant. First off boys are bigger than girls, second you are having your second baby and naturally show more sooner and third everyones body shape and how placenta and baby situate can make a huge difference. Don't let it get to you. It's their ignorance not something wrong with your size.

36. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

Thanks everyone. People said that about my daughter too, I guess I've just forgotten how rude people are when you're pregnant.

@LaughLines: I certainly FEEL like I've gained 19 lbs, lol....

37. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Mrs.o: I have restless leg anyway but it's especially worse during pregnancy. I find that it's not as bad if I wear support stockings. They help with swelling too. I also used tennis balls with my first to roll under my feet to help with the foot cramps.

38. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Mrs.o: I'm having terrible restless legs at night when I'm trying to relax. The only thing I can do is lay completely flat and fall asleep. It's terrible! I would try tylenol if it gets unbearable

39. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

FINALLY have a date for the anatomy scan- November 14th!

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@NavyRN2012: hooray! Sorry you have to wait a few weeks still but it will be very exciting to find out.

Pretty exciting about @mamamoose twin girls and now we wait for @Phillybaby2013: scan and we can post some new updates today!

Oh last night I kid you not, I had a dream about a pizza with chicken and avocado on top and now I'm wondering why that's not a thing! Yum

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee