Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. LuLu Mom

GOLD / wonderful olive / 19030 posts

@Anya: I keep thinking to myself because February is so short it will go fast...but March will DRAG haha. I'm at the end of the month, so I can only imagine how the first 19 days are going to feel.

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LuLu Mom: oh that is so true, I am in the middle of the month so I thought those last 2 weeks would kind of fly by but it will probably feel like an eternity! Especially once other babies in the group start to arrive!

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@jlm22: do you know what you're having? What's your due date, I will add you to our list!

4. LuLu Mom

I haven't done this (sorry I forget about this thread and follow more on FB!)

How many days till EDD?: 57 (YAY!)
    How are you feeling these days?: sore, pulled an abdominal muscle yesterday, very unpleasant feeling.
    What prep have you done?: Nursery is 90% done, stocked some diapers, have some last minute things to get but feeling good with where we are at.
    Have you picked a name/names?: I *think* she will be Everly Michael
    What are you most excited for?: I'm excited to delivery, have her in my arms, maternity leave, introducing DD to her new sister she can't stop talking about
    What are you most nervous about?: sleepless nights, DD1 was such a good sleeper, I'm scared I will have the opposite this time.
    How is your husband doing in all this?: He's hanging in there, for some reason baby #2 is harder for him to "realize" and I feel like he forgets how quickly it will be here. And I'm nesting like crazy...so he thinks I'm crazy...bad combo! ha

5. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@BeachMama: We are moving DD from the middle RF to behind the driver FF. I really am not ok with FF yet even though she is 2 but her seats wont fit behind either seat in either car without moving the seat up a lot.
    And yes the heartburn is back!

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LuLu Mom: yeah I'm sure it will start to really creep along once we all get close. Seems like around 38 weeks a sort of madness comes over a pregnant person where we feel like we have officially truly been pregnant long enough and we wonder if maybe we will go early. Majority of us don't but by the time the due date comes around we are already angry and pretty sure our babies will never show up! I keep telling myself I won't be as crazed this time but I know the truth. I know I'll be just as impatient and annoyed as I was last time even with the prospect of two and less sleep on the horizon. Sometimes I think doctors should tell all pregnant women that they are due a week later than the actual date just so we don't go apeshit at that 40 week line!

7. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@jlm22: welcome!!!

8. jlm22

apricot / 343 posts

@Anya: Due 3/29 and we aren't finding out the gender! Hopefully my baby loves the color grey
    @MrsMccarthy: no clue how to send you a message with my email for FB, so I put it on your wall? Is that right? Thx

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    February 28: Beanie132
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013 , ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja , MamaGoose , MrsMcCarthy
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette , linzeelou
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee , jlm22
    March 30: yellowbird , Kemma
    March 31: Blessedmama
    April 1: NavyRN2012

10. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

Hey ladies. How is everyone doing? We are on the homestretch!! I wonder when we should create a delivery board. So excited to see all of the babes sweet faces.

11. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@youboots: I think mid February, maybe week of Feb 15 would be best because we KNOW our first momma is going to deliver then. Most women who deliver naturally without intervention deliver week of due date or later statistically so I don't think we need prior to that but ya never know!

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@youboots: after last night, maybe we should create one now! haha

13. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@LAZB: Ha. Hope you are feeling good today lady! I had a few contractions last night and M looked at me in a panic and asked if my bags were packed

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@youboots: I am. I've had some BHs, but nothing like last night. R and I both have our bags packed, so ready to go if we need to, but hopefully not for another couple of weeks!

15. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Here are the averages for spontanious birth from 38 weeks on.

http://spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate1.php?minweek=38

I was so convinced i would gO early and i went late and was induced for med reasons at 5 data past due. My friend had a ton of BH and delivered 10 days overdue so it's definitely a crapshoot unless you are induced or need surgery. I have been having BH since 15 weeks. With you though @LAZB: I am more on high alert since you have a history. Praying your body holds off as long as possible so baby can bake up healthy. I know she will be fine though no matter what.

Nothing is packed yet but I'm nesting a ton in other ways.

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Aside from the warm weather suggestions not f these are pretty helpful

http://www.babycenter.com/0_what-i-wish-id-known-about-staying-comfortable-in-the-third_1482510.bc

17. LuLu Mom

Hey everyone just checking in! I'm 32 weeks on Friday (YAY) and we have my due date schedule, no later than March 20th will have baby girl in my arms. I thought for SURE with my first daughter I would go early, I ended up being induced due to high BP, but that baby wasn't coming out on her own I know it's wishful thinking and the "freak out", but not likely to happen. That being said no reason to not being prepared, I've already started a hospital bag, I packed stuff I wont' need until delivery just to have it in case.

I'm nesting like CRAZY! I'm a purging, cleaning, organizing fool lately. I've hit EVERY room/closet/drawer in the house. No joke, we've donated, trashed, and sold so much stuff, it feels great. This weekend we finish the nursery and I'm going to do a target run for some remaining stuff we need.

Also, anyone have any recommendations on nursing tank tops for large boobs...I hate having a "built in bra" because those do not work for me.

18. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LuLu Mom: yeah I agree it's important to be prepared for early! I hope I didn't come off as bitchy. I just see it too many times where people are convinced they will go early and then they aren't even 40 weeks yet and they act like they are overdue and freak out! That was me. So I think it's important to manage expectations unless you have induction or c section planned. I really hope I don't go over too much again or have to be induced but I have it in my mind as the most likely scenario. That's my mental preparation.

19. LuLu Mom

@MrsMccarthy: Nope not bitchy, I agree with you (I was the same way and even went a few days before hitting 40 weeks.) I think it's easy to fall in the mindset that 40 weeks could be 38 week so when you hit 38 you start freaking out about why hasn't the baby come and every little sign *could* mean you are close!, It's just the joys of being a first time mother who is anxious to meet a little one.

I was completely neurotic, my husband asked me to promise I will be calmer this round! Which I think (or hope) I will since I have my date scheduled and there isn't really an element of "surprise' unless she does in fact come early which I'm in no way counting on.

20. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LuLu Mom: good for you! My nesting actions have not been keeping up with my urges lately, but I am planning a big purge and organize weekend coming up.

21. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

35 week appointment today. All is good with the little man, although the MW kept saying "she". LOL not helping my dreams that he comes out a girl!
    Did the strep b test and got checked, no dilation. Which is great but does nothing for my impatient self I need to get use to the idea that 40 weeks is normal.
    Next week I have an ultrasound to check his size, only measuring one week ahead so not worried at all.
    And finally got my injections figured out so I will have one tomorrow and the last one next week

We got the nursery painted and the crib out to set up. Unfortunately on leg of the crib was badly broken so we have to wait for a replacement. Hop it gets here soon so we can finish up.

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

It's funny, last time I didn't think I was going to go early at all. I was totally ready to go late since it was my first. This time I'm the opposite!

23. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkb: I know a few moms who went early the first time then later the second. It's a blessing but it does become hard particularly after the due date comes and goes. Just good to keep in mind that your almost as likely to deliver at 41 weeks as you are at 40. Even dating ultrasounds and opks can be 5 or so days off on their meausements. At least for those of us with more than one the extra time means more time with our first born one on one.

@LAZB: yup! It's so hard to say. History definitely makes a difference but every pregnancy is different. I'm very glad that so far this one is progressing nicely for you.

24. Mrs. Shuja

coffee bean / 36 posts

Hello fellow bees. I am new around here; have been a long time lurker throughout my pregnancy though, and finally decided to join. I am due March 17th and having a girl.

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Mrs. Shuja: welcome and congrats! Is this your first?

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Shuja: congrats and welcome! Let us know if you want to join our private FB group. I am also expecting a girl on st Patrick's!

27. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    February 28: Beanie132
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013 , ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja , MamaGoose , MrsMcCarthy , Mrs. Shuja
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 20: Lulu Mom
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette , linzeelou
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee , jlm22
    March 30: yellowbird , Kemma
    March 31: Blessedmama
    April 1: NavyRN2012

28. Mrs. Shuja

coffee bean / 36 posts

@Anya: Thanks! Yes this is our first, and also the first grand baby in the family too. So everyone is very excited.

@MRSMCCARTHY: Thank you and congrats to you as well! Whenever someone asks the due date I always seem to respond "yes she'll be a green baby" to any St. Patrick's Day comments. As for FB sure I'll join.

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Shuja: ha well see the above! She might come late. My first was 5 days late and probably would have taken longer but I had to be induced for medical reasons. She could come early too. It's less likely than late but happens to many! Not me but many. at least i know she will be here by Easter! So glad to have you. Ill pm you a link to FB later when I'm home

30. Mrs. Shuja

coffee bean / 36 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I'm sort of hoping she comes a little later. I'll probably regret saying that in a few weeks when I am told I will be done with the whole "being pregnant" thing and just want the baby to come out.
    We were in the process of moving into a new home and renovating which is finally completed. We have so many things to still do. I feel like nothing is done baby wise and have so little time left now.

31. LuLu Mom

@Anya: you can update me from the 27th to the 20th, as I know I won't go any later than that. I have been saying this is my due date

@Mrs. Shuja: Welcome I'm expecting a girl on the 20th

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Shuja: haha yeah you probably will regret it or the gods will laugh and have her come early if you aren't ready. I fluctuate between wanting her on time and being okay with waiting but deep down I know by the time I hit 40 weeks ill get a bad itch to be done. It's gonna be hard though having a toddler and a newborn and seeing my son adjust. Good luck with your move! Seems like everyone on here is moving.

33. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Thought this might come in handy for those packing their hospital bag:

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving-birth/preparing-for-labor/hospital-packing-list/

34. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

You know what's interesting is the board is a perfect split between boys and girls right now. And 4 who are still team green. I wonder if the will end up being an even split too!

35. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

@Anya: I have wondered that too!

Well ladies, I go back and forth between feelin somewhat ready and not ready at all! We had two incredible showers and our friends and families were so generous! All we need now is a crib mattress, some crib sheets, a dresser/changing pad station and some newborn diapers! And yet- the list of to dos before baby gets here feels really long an intimidating! We still have a list of 12 names PER GENDER! We are still trying to figure out child care. We wanted to get our will and life insurance in order before baby's arrival.... The list seems to go on and on and they are all boomerang tasks that feel like they move two steps forward one step back! Not to mention work still being crazy and the weather getting so nasty lately! Anyone else feeling this way?

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsBucky: I feel you on many fronts! Weather here in PNW has been mild so we are lucky there and I am a SAHM. I do find though that I too big and tired to accomplish much on my list and I am trying so hard to keep up. I feel like I have so much time sometimes then I look at a calendar or factor the off chance I could go early or on time and I'm in overdrive.

Anyone else having a hard time controlling sugar cravings? I feel really bad about how many skittles I've eaten today. I balance it by eating healthy as well but all that sugar can't be good. Ugh!

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Alright Mommas we are getting close. Lets liven this board up with a fun question post.

How far along are you?:

How many days is that till EDD?

When do you hope you go into labor?:

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.):

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?:

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?:

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?:

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?:

What is helping to distract you right now?:

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?:

What will you miss about being pregnant?:

38. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

How far along are you?: 34 weeks two days

How many days is that till EDD? 39 days!

When do you hope you go into labor?: on my due date or a few days before would be perfect.

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): my bet is that ill either go into labor at around 41 weeks or end up with another induction. I hope not though.

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: no! Hahah we would make it work somehow but my bag is not packed and my son would have to stay with whoever we could find in our friend pool. We don't have everything we need. I gotta get on that.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: I expect a medium amount of hair like my son had.

How much do you think your baby will weigh?: I'm guessing 7 pounds and change unless I gain a ton of new weight between now and then.

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: this is the last one unless my husband changes his tune.

What is helping to distract you right now?: I'm so busy with a lot of challenging things. We are working on a lot for my son right now plus he is just a handful. I feel uncomfortable so that part makes me feel impatient but my days are pretty full.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: having my body back for the most part and getting it in shape slowly but surely. Eating raw sushi and drinking wine. Not feeling huge or having Braxton hicks.

What will you miss about being pregnant?: the kicks and the amazing hair an skin.

39. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Fab idea!

I am 35 weeks 5 days.
    30 days or less to go (I will be induced if I make it to 3/7)
    I would love to be like a week early.
    I have no idea when labor will start.
    Ha! I'm at the beach for 5 days so not really. My birth bag is packed and we are only 1 1/2 hours from the hospital.
    According to our last growth ultrasound baby has lots of hair already!!
    Right now baby weighs about 7 lbs with a 1 lb margin of error, looking forward to our next growth scan 2/16 to see how she is coming along.
    We will likely have one more.
    I usually have plans or an appointment every day to keep me busy. Everything is so tiring.
    Wine, all the wine.
    I have seriously loved maternity clothes.

40. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

How far along are you?: 36+2

How many days is that till EDD? 26

When do you hope you go into labor?: with in the next couple of weeks.

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.):
    I go back and forth with this. Today I feel like it will be Saturday cause everyone has told me I cant have him Saturday, it just doesn't work for them.

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: YES! I packed everything today just in case and finished up everything. The only thing left is our crib was delivered damaged so the replacement will be here tomorrow.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Average, but I do think he will have lots of fuzz on his ears, DD'a ears were covered in dark brown fuzz.

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: I really dont see him being over 9lbs, but we shall see. Estimated at 8 currently but I think it is a little high. I really do think I can feel that he is bigger than DD though.

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: I would love a third. But I think we will be done.

What is helping to distract you right now?: Work and DD. I love spending everyday with her, I want to soak it all up while I can.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: energy, being home for awhile, and seeing how DD is with DS.

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Feeling the baby move inside. I really missed that after DD.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee