Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

How far along are you?: 35+6

How many days is that till EDD? 28

When do you hope you go into labor?: Honestly, once I hit 37 weeks, I'm okay with any time

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): I think right around 39 weeks

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Mostly? My bag is mostly packed, a few last minute things to throw in, nursery and bassinet are ready, planning to install car seat this weekend

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: I think so! He had quite a bit on his 24 week u/s, but we'll see!

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: My guess would be around 7 1/2 lbs...wishful thinking?

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: I'd really like one more in about 3 years

What is helping to distract you right now?: Working full time still, though it's not a very good distraction lately, just reminds me how pregnant and uncomfortable I am

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Being able to bend over/sit/move without baby feet in my ribs, feeling more like myself again, lots of cold lunch meat

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Baby kicks and wiggles

2. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

How far along are you?: 34 weeks 3 days
    How many days is that till EDD? 38 days! Ah!
    When do you hope you go into labor?: After all my midterms are done! So around 38.5 to 39 weeks. I was soo crazy to try to finish up my degree and have a baby the same semester...
    When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor?: Probably around 38 or 39 weeks. I had my first at 39 weeks 2 days.
    Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Almost. My husband is picking up our new co-sleeper right now (ours somehow got lost in the move or something), and I think that's about it! Clothes are washed, nursery is more or less set up, and the car seat is in the car. There are lots of little things I want to do, but we would be okay if she came today.
    Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Unfortunately, no. DD was BALD forever, and most of the people on my side and hubby's side were bald as babies. It's possible, but not likely.
    How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: Around 7 lbs. My midwife predicts another small baby is in my future (DD was 6.2).
    Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: At least one or two more. We want a bigger family.
    What is helping to distract you right now?: School, school, school...and work. I am so ridiculously busy that the pregnancy is pretty much flying by. I am also enjoying working on a few small sewing projects for baby like peanut swaddlers, a quilt, etc. In all the spare time that I don't have. Haha
    What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Strangely, holding my toddler normally again. I miss being able to cuddle her comfortably. My belly is so large out front that it's tough to help her find a comfortable position on my lap or in my arms. I miss her sweet cuddles!
    What will you miss about being pregnant?: Feeling the kicks and hiccups and having that little interaction all day with baby girl. It's so precious. It's also nice that so many people are extra sweet and courteous to hugely pregnant ladies.

3. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

How far along are you?:35w 3days

How many days is that till EDD? 33 days

When do you hope you go into labor?: anytime after 38 weeks. I'm signed up for a continuing education class in my 37th week that I paid a lot of money for, so I'd better make it past then!

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? Probably right around my due date. Hard to tell though. With DD I had prodromal labor for a week, stronger everyday, until I couldn't take it anymore and got induced 2 days before her EDD.

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: No, but yes. I mean the nursery isn't ready, my bags aren't packed, and the carseat isn't installed but if he came tonight we'd be able to get by.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: No. DD was very bald for the first year. Though on the last US the tech said he saw hair, so maybe a little?

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: Over 8 lbs. DD was 8lbs 13oz so I don't think DS will be much smaller, and hopefully not bigger! That might not bode well for my planned VBAC!

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: Done. I always pictured having 2, plus I'm 37 so time isn't on my side. And I don't want to be outnumbered!

What is helping to distract you right now?: DD has been very challenging lately. And I just found out one of my best friends has brain cancer, so my mind has been on her.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Not getting belly comments from my coworkers everyday, having more options in my wardrobe, not having heartburn, and being more comfortable sleeping.

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Not having to suck in my belly, and everyone being so nice. I never loved being pregnant, but I don't hate it either.

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BeachMama: I'm so sorry about your friend. How terrible. Big hugs.

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    February 28: Beanie132
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PhillyBaby2013 , ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: Madbrave
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189 , Sapphire
    March 12: Anya , Mrs.o
    March 15: Lil Bean , ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja , MamaGoose , MrsMcCarthy , Mrs. Shuja
    March 19: Blueberry
    March 20: Lulu Mom
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: MelisMc
    March 25: sumer08
    March 26: Annette , linzeelou
    March 28: HolisticMama
    March 29: Renee , jlm22
    March 30: yellowbird , Kemma
    March 31: Blessedmama
    April 1: NavyRN2012

6. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

How far along are you?: 35 weeks

How many days is that till EDD? 34

When do you hope you go into labor?: Anytime after EDD

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): Somewhere between 40 and 41 weeks

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Pretty much. It wouldn't be ideal but logistically we'd be ok.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Yes

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: Right around 7 lbs

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: Not sure. We are planning on two but I could see us being happy with one.

What is helping to distract you right now?: Work, getting the house in order.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Eating normal sized meals

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Feeling her little body from the inside.

7. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@youboots: must be chilly but beautiful at the beach right now. I think that's so axing that they can see hair on the Ultrasound. I've never had one late enough to see it.

8. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

@MrsMccarthy: We had a growth scan on Thursday and the tech commented that Squish has a baby mullet!

How far along are you?: 33 weeks

How many days is that till EDD? 49

When do you hope you go into labor?: I'm a GD mama and standard practice at my hospital is to induce at 40 weeks so I'd really like to go in the week before my EDD. Failing that I'm hoping to be able to push an induction date out by a few days if my sugars are good and Squish is doing ok.

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? No idea, with Miss A I didn't go into labour until 41 +1 but she was breech for a few weeks so I'm not sure if that made a difference,

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: We have all the basic stuff (bassinette, some clothes, carseat etc) but I wouldn't say we were "ready"

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Not sure although the ultrasound tech did see a baby mullet last week.

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: Well Squish is a shade over 5lb according to ultrasound which calculates out to roughly 9lb at full term. Miss A was 8lb9oz so I don't think I'm ever going to have small babes.

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: Hard to say, I still think I'd like a third child but GD has complicated my thoughts and any future plans will probably depend on how the last few weeks of pregnancy and the delivery go.

What is helping to distract you right now?: Chasing Miss A and I know three other ladies who are going to pop in the next six weeks!

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Eating all.the.sugar!

What will you miss about being pregnant?: feeling Squish wriggle and rock around on the inside and my pregnancy figure.

This week hasn't been a particularly positive one for me and I haven't been in a particularly good head space. My midwife is a very matter-of-fact person who borders on being slightly pessimistic and I'm just sick of this last trimester being "hard work" so-to-speak, and it sucks knowing that I'm working against a date that I won't have a lot of control over I go back to see the OB for the results of my scan tomorrow so it will be interesting to hear what his thoughts are on where we go from here.

9. Blueberry

apricot / 342 posts

How far along are you?: 34 weeks 4 days

How many days is that till EDD? 38-40 (depending on which EDD I look at haha)

When do you hope you go into labor?: As long as baby is fully cooked and healthy - I'm good whenever

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.) I had DS 2 days before his due date so I think it will be about the same this time. No reason for me to think I will go early or late.

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: We JUST put DS in his "big boy" room for the first time tonight so he may not be ready haha. But I think I'm pretty much ready.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Yep

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: Since its a girl, I think she'll be around 7ish pounds. DS was almost 9!

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: This will be #2 and we'd both like another

What is helping to distract you right now? Running around after my tot!

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one? I can't wait for DS to meet her.

What will you miss about being pregnant? The moving and kicking and just the feeling of knowing she's with me all the time

10. sumer08

apricot / 468 posts

How far along are you?: 34 weeks on Wednesday

How many days is that till EDD? 45 till due date, but about 36-38 days till c-section (exact date still TBD)

When do you hope you go into labor?: I am having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks, so I'd ideally, like to wait till then. If she decides to come early, I hope she waits till at least 37 weeks.

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? I was induced at 41 weeks with DS (and ended up with an emergency c-section), so this time around we are planning a scheduled c-section. I'd really prefer not to go into labor, and just have my scheduled c-section as planned

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Pretty much. Her clothes are washed and everything is pretty much organized in her nursery...still have to do some decorating and hubby has to hang some artwork on her walls, but other than that, her nursery is ready. Next on my list is packing our hospital bags and sterilizing/washing bottles and pacis.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: I'm thinking she may given all this heartburn I'm having; although, DS was practically bald, so we shall see!

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: ~7lbs

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: We are closing the baby factory after she is born

What is helping to distract you right now?: Spending one-on-one time with DS and the hubby.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Not having to pee 3x at night, not being so uncomfortable, working out and losing the baby weight, and eating all the lunch meat I want!!

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Baby kicks!

11. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Kemma: how did your scan go?

12. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

How far along are you?: 33 weeks today

How many days is that till EDD? 48 days

When do you hope you go into labor?: Anytime after 39 weeks

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): Probably after 40ish weeks

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Not really, No bags packed, no nursing supplies, not enough stuff washed, no going home outfit picked. We do have a place for him to sleep, so that's good!

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: Probably not!

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: 8 lbs 3oz

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: We both would like one more

What is helping to distract you right now?: Work, my 2.5 year old

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Having my body back as my own. I'm getting really super uncomfortable and I don't know how i'm going to survive 7 more weeks!

What will you miss about being pregnant?: People being nice to me! LOL

13. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

How far along are you?: 37 weeks +3 days today
    How many days is that till EDD? 18 days
    When do you hope you go into labor?: Anytime after 38 weeks
    When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? Probably after 40ish weeks

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?:Yes I think so, DH is installing my car seat today for me, and we just have to finalize sanitizing the bottles and pacis too! We do have a mural thing we have been wanting to hang so I'd like to get that done too!

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: YES! Tons.

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: 7 lbs 9oz

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: We both would like one more

What is helping to distract you right now?: Work and all this SNOW!

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: Experiencing parenthood!

What will you miss about being pregnant?: Being spoiled for sure! lol

14. Mrs. Shuja

coffee bean / 36 posts

How far along are you?: 35 weeks

How many days is that till EDD? 35 days

When do you hope you go into labor?: a couple of days before or after the due date will be nice. Her due date is on St. Patrick's Day and I would like her to have a birthday that isn't the same day as a holiday so we can celebrate both.

When do you think you will actually go into spontaneous labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): From what I am hearing on the boards I will probably be late as this will be my first, so probably around the 41 week mark.

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Not everything is ready, we have been extremely busy with a move and renovations. We would get by though.

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: If we are going by the heartburn theory, than no; but, I was born with lots of hair, so maybe?

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: probably between 7-8 pounds

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: This is our first, and if everything is okay down the road we would want at least one or two more.

What is helping to distract you right now?: decorating our home, work and pinterest... mostly pinterest if I am being honest.

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: selfishly being able to sleep on my stomach again, I am having a rather horrible time trying to sleep. Non selfishly I can't wait to see my husband be a dad.

What will you miss about being pregnant?: All the movements/kicks and hiccups.

15. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Love reading all the updates. Reflux is killing me right now. With my son I had it from second tri and I thought I maybe skipped it this time but nope. Ugh.

How are you ladies doing? I wonder if we will get any more Feb babies.

16. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

I am struggling this morning, ladies and need some encouragement. I'm 35 weeks and suddenly everything is so hard! Heartburn is killing me, I can't seem to stay asleep past 3 am, walking is super hard and slow (and I live in the city with no car). Of course this weekend when I have a million things I have to do, all the subway lines to our neighborhood aren't running so getting anywhere means a cab or a million transfers! On top of all that, I've developed a nasty cough out of nowhere and it I supposed to be the coldest day in 20 years! I knew the end would be hard, but I thought I had a few more weeks before it got this hard. I just feel so defeated and like such a failure! Why is this so hard for me and not for others? Am I just losing perspective from lack of sleep? I know it will all be worth it and I try to focus on what I should be grateful for, but it's so hard when I haven't slept and everything aches..... Please tell me feeling this way is normal and I'm not just a terrible person!

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsBucky: you aren't the only one. The last weeks of pregnancy are very difficult. It's hard not to wish them away. The good news is we are all in the din stretch and will have our babies very soon. Try to rest throughout the day when you can or even look into some safe sleep aids like unisom. I have also been sleeping crappy and feeling crappy. Hang in there it will all be worth it. Some say the lack of sleep at the end is prep for the lack of sleep coming when the baby is here. It's hard but so worth everything. hugs.

18. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsBucky: oh I am so sorry you are feeling this way and I can so sympathize- my pregnancy has really been taking a physical toll on me in the last week and I know exactly what you mean by feeling like a failure. It's so hard to be experiencing something so physically and emotionally different from your normal self! I have definitely cried a few times this week over "why is everything so hard??" which of course makes me feel silly and like such a complainer. It is normal though! I think back to friends' and relatives' pregnancies and feel like I never saw them struggle but anytime I mention any of my discomforts, everyone says "oh yes I was super uncomfortable in the last month, everything was sore, my feet were giant, etc etc" My midwife told me that it's a good thing to be uncomfortable in the last month because then you are mentally ready for labor so that the pregnancy can end, whereas if you were feeling great you'd have no incentive to want to be in labor where the real pain begins! That made me feel a little better! Just remember this too shall pass and once you have your beautiful baby in arms you can forget all about how hard it was.

19. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

How far along are you?: 34 weeks today!

How many days is that till EDD? 42 days! Eep!

When do you hope you go into labor?: Anywhere from 39-40 weeks

When do you think you will actually go into spontanious labor? (If you have a planned induction or c section you can just put that and add eviction date before it.): I have a feeling I will go overdue, but we will see!!

Are you ready if it were to happen tonight?: Not ready yet!! We still need a car seat and a bunch of other stuff. I'm sure we could manage but it would be super stressful!!

Do you think your baby will have a lot of hair?: DB and I were both baldies so prob not!

How much to you predict your baby will weigh?: 7lbs 2 oz

Are you done after this or do you plan on more babies?: this is our first so likely one more in a few years

What is helping to distract you right now?: baby showers, a mini vacay a few hours from the city at 36 weeks, prepping the nursery

What are you most looking forward to about no longer being pregnant aside from meeting your sweet little one?: carrying the extra weight, I feel like I can't keep active right now.

What will you miss about being pregnant?: feeling baby kicks and eating for two, haha

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Less than two weeks till we have some full termers on here and I imagine we will get own or two more babies before the month is up! I am feeling so uncomfortable it's hard to imagine that I have 2-3 weeks or so to get even bigger and more so. Knowing that this is my last makes these weeks bittersweet. Ill most likely never know this feeling again and it's hard but it's so special.

21. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

One week left till March!!!!!

22. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: ahhh!! I still have so much to do!

23. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

My official countdown until induction is 11 days 7 hours.

24. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@youboots: crazy close!!!

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March has arrived, ladies!! We made it!

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: hooray! Perhaps we should do another check in? Wanna come up with some questions?

27. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Okay ladies its our month and its quiet on here so here is a little questionnaire. We already have 7, probably 8 babies, two of which are March babies. It's so exciting and I hope we will get some more birth stories on our birth story thread soon.

How many days until you're due?

Team Pink, Blue or Green?

How are you feeling?

Any labor signs?

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy?

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

How many days until you're due? 15 days

Team Pink, Blue or Green? Pink!

How are you feeling? Really tired and big.

Any labor signs? Braxton hicks and losing a lot of plug but nothing that makes me think its imminent.

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? I'm really trying despite how huge I am to enjoy my last weeks. Mini dates with my son. We can't find a babysitter these days but when my husbands mom comes I hope to have some with hubby too. Continuing to nest and prepare. I feel like I still have a lot to do but most of the really important stuff is done. I'm still in no rush despite feeling tired and uncomfortable. I really don't want baby to come until after 39 weeks and preferably after my MIL gets here.

29. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    March 3: Laughlines , PinkB
    March 6: drjolene
    March 7: Youboots
    March 10: Sapphire
    March 17: ninja , MrsMcCarthy , Mrs. Shuja
    March 25: sumer08

February/March Babies
    Beanie132
    intotheocean
    LAZB
    Madbrave
    Nicollete1189
    MamaGoose

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

How many days until you're due? 10
    Team Pink, Blue or Green?
    How are you feeling? Great! Well, getting uncomfortable but I'm not in a hurry and I prefer not to go before 40 weeks so I just keep telling myself I feel great
    Any labor signs? Not yet..
    What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? Just trying to keep organizing my house, get anything done that I'm not going to feel like doing after the birth. Need to do some baby laundry, think about my hospital bag, etc.

31. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

How many days until you're due? 28! I'm exactly 36 weeks today

Team Pink, Blue or Green? Blue

How are you feeling? Like death. Strep throat and now I think I may have bronchitis. Coughing so much my back hurts!!

Any labor signs? Not at all!

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? Trying to recover from illness. I would like to take dd to do some fun activities but I'm just trying to survive right now.

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: oh honey I hope you are taking a lot of work off. I know that probably stresses you out but it's so vital. I really feel for you. What you are going through just sounds like the worst. Do you have family and friend close by to help with A?

33. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

How many days until you're due? One week!

Team Pink, Blue or Green? Blue

How are you feeling? Mostly okay. I get tired easily and out of breath just by standing too long. DD is testing my patience a lot lately too.

Any labor signs? Not really. Some cramping, but no plug lost or real contractions.

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? I've been off work for 3 weeks now so I feel mostly prepared. I'm trying to spend time with DD, but like I said she's really testing my patience. I honestly don't know how I'm gonna handle 2 kids.

34. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I actually went to work today. Luckily most of my patients canceled so I didn't have to do too much. At my obs office now waiting for my nst and I'm going to ask them if they think I should do anything for this cough. Dying! Our closest family is 2.5 hours away :((( dh is also doing a lot after work this week so I'm on my own. I will have to push through!

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: screen time, take warm salt baths with A, invent games that have you lying down like she pretends you are her patient or picnic or tea party. I hope you are better soon.

36. sumer08

apricot / 468 posts

Hi ladies!

How many days until you're due? Going in for a scheduled c-section on Friday, so 3 days away!

Team Pink, Blue or Green? Pink

How are you feeling? Mostly okay. I am getting tired easily, and am on modified bed rest due to high BP issues, so I've been mostly just laying around on the couch all day.

Any labor signs? Nope, just some BH contractions.

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? We finished the nursery, car seat is installed, and we have all our baby gear set up and ready to go. Just waiting till Friday rolls around!

37. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@sumer08: yay so soon!

38. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

March Mamas
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 6: drjolene , sumer08
    March 10: Sapphire
    March 17: ninja , MrsMcCarthy , Mrs. Shuja

February/March Babies
    Beanie132
    intotheocean
    LAZB
    Madbrave
    Nicollete1189
    MamaGoose
    Youboots
    PinkB

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Our little board is still so quiet for it being our time! Hope to see some full moon babies tonight! Preferably for all the overdue or almost due Mommas! Come on babies

40. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

How many days until you're due? 27, eek!

Team Pink, Blue or Green? Team Blue!

How are you feeling? Oh man, so big and uncomfortable! This SPD is going to kill me! Also, I've started swelling really bad in my lower legs at the end of the day.

Any labor signs? Lots of BH!

What are you doing with your last days/weeks of pregnancy? Still working. My boss gave me the okay for half days now though, so I'm thankful!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee