Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Yay for awesome appointments and active babies!! Can't wait for my u/s next week!!!! Been stressin over if both still growing n hoping for 2 strong hb this time 💚 felt lil flutters last night on right side for few min was awesome

2. reverie

kiwi / 661 posts

@Mrs D: awww he/she looks like such a baby right now! Mine was still a blob (kind of looked like a roast turkey) at 8 weeks 2 days when I had my ultrasound.

I'm trying to get caught up with y'all and be more active in this thread. I'm 11 weeks and 2 days and just feeling drained. I got 9 solid hours of sleep last night and feel like I got 3... I'm hoping energy is right around the corner next week!

3. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@sassymama34: crossing fingers for your next u/s !

4. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Thank you!!! 5 days

5. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

ARGH! Last night we told my parents about the baby. I told my mom "You can tell people, but don't put it on Facebook." I clearly should have been more specific that she could tell HER FRIENDS, because when I went to tell my little brother she'd already told him. She did this last time too - I told her not to tell anybody and she told all my aunts and uncles, and when I confronted her she said "I thought you just said I couldn't put it on Facebook!" Now I'm trying to figure out who else she might tell so that I can get to them first, but she's got a 12 hour head start so I'm sure it's too late. I KNEW I shouldn't have told her yet!

6. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Aww that sucks I'd be bummed if someone told before me... She must be super excited lol

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: boo! not cool mom, not cool! On the flip side though...she is just so excited - which is sweet!

8. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

How's everyone feeling? Im 12 weeks n super nauseous today so works rough

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So my cat is out of the bag! The ladies at daycare were all getting super curious...so I spilled the beans this am (12w today).

Then, just now I am in the cafe at work, maybe getting chicken fingers - but supplemented with a side of raw veggies, and I got called out. Looks like we are public...

@sassymama34: I keep going back and forth between thinking my nausea is better today and not. We'll see in the days to come. With K, my morning sickness (all day sickness) turned off instantly around 12 weeks - so I am hoping for the same this time!

10. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@erinbaderin: agh that's annoying! It's cute that she's so excited but definitely frustrating for you!

I am dreading telling our parents, especially my mil, because she became so overbearing throughout my last pregnancy that it really hurt our relationship. We are conflicted on whether to spill the beans at 3 months or to wait until maybe 4 months. Dh thinks 3 months because then we don't have to worry about hiding it anymore, but I want to wait longer, because I am dreading what happened last time possibly repeating itself. I have no problem telling work or friends early, but I realize that family has to know first. 😕

11. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

MrsD - I'm hoping mine leaves soon but seems common to last forever with twins lol... With my son, it lasted 28 weeks

12. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Heh, super excited is an understatement. My mom is a little...let's say overinvested in my life. When I got engaged I was on vacation and by the time I got home from vacation a week later she had a 100 person guest list and had already bought her dress. I know I'm lucky that she's so happy and excited but I find it mostly stresses me out, and if I try to ask her to take it easy she gets her feelings hurt.

@sassymama34: I've been pretty lucky in that I've never actually thrown up, I just feel like maybe I could at any moment. I'm 11w4d and I've found it worse for the last few days!

@MrsD: People guessed because you were having raw veggies? You have some super detectives at your work! I thought it was getting pretty obvious for me but I've told my director and the guy I manage and they both seemed pretty surprised, so I guess I'm not as visibly pregnant as I feel.

13. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Lilbear: Ha, we totally didn't tell family first! Although we didn't tell the whole world - but I told at least 5 friends and my boss before I told my parents.

14. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@erinbaderin: that is SUPER annoying!

@sassymama34: sorry you're so nauseous today. I have felt strangely better today as far as nausea and am hoping that this is a new trend ! (am 10 weeks)

@Mrs D: yay! keeping it secret is so hard for me! (I mean, a few friends know but I mean secret from "the world")

@Lilbear: Boo on overbearing MIL. What did she do with first pregnancy? Comment/dictate food choices type of thing?

15. sbbs3

pea / 14 posts

So excited I found this blog again and I get to post! currently 9w5d, but we had a loss at 8 weeks in March, right before our wedding. timing is much better now and no stress, so here's hoping. 8 week appt looked good and I go back on the 11th. Due date is actually Easter Sunday!! I'm in love with that, and can't wait to announce boobs are already huge though and no old clothes fit, so it's been hard keeping from my boss, as I'm sure he suspects, but waiting until we get a 12 week all clear. so far just our immediate fam's and few of my friends know.

16. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Welcome SBB and congrats! 😊 here's hoping for a healthy baby and on Easter, so exciting! I've been in maternity pants since 8 weeks as I'm having twins and 3rd time being pg (i had a loss in may) so i understand.

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: haha - no that would be funny tho. I was simply bringing up the veggies to feel less guilty about eating chicken fingers for lunch!

@sbbs3: Congrats and Welcome!!!

18. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@MrsLilybugg: Let me first preface this by saying that my MIL is a very nice person and she was just SUPER excited to be a Grandma again.

We told all of our parents at 6 weeks and I had been experiencing quite a bit of bleeding around that time, so we weren't sure if I was even going to remain pregnant. She started calling me 3 times a week, in addition to texting and emails, and kept asking me (every time) "if she could tell people yet." I kept having to remind her that we weren't 12 weeks until X date, I'm still bleeding, if we even continue to stay pregnant we want to be the ones to announce the news to people.... At a family party when I was 10 weeks, it was obvious that she had already told some relatives, who then tried to call me out in front of everyone at the party.
    After the first trimester her contact slowed down to her calling me only 1-2 times each week (plus texts and emails). (Btw side note, she called Dh and spoke to him once a week on top of this so she always got info through him, but would still have him hand the phone to me or she would call me directly so that I could just repeat everything that he had already told her.) I started trying to be "in the shower" or "asleep" when she called, hoping she'd take the hint, but she would always call back 1-2x every day until she got through. So suffice to say I was getting pretty overwhelmed and annoyed by her constantly contacting me.

It came to a head for me when my DD was born. I didn't want our parents at the hospital until after she was born, and I really wanted an hour or so to bond as a new family of 3 before the grandparents all swooped in. My DD had very slightly low blood sugar and the nurses kept her in the nursery for about 3 hours after birth. They wouldn't even let me breastfeed her. We didn't realize that they would keep
    her so long and because of the timing, my MIL walked into our room within 2 minutes of us finally getting her back. I was trying to get her to latch when my MIL came in. My husbands first time holding our DD (outside of literally 2 seconds in the delivery room) was when he took her from me to hand to his mother. (Which happened immediately after she walked into the room - the baby had to wait for food and meeting her own parents until after her visit.) We were both so annoyed, but it was easier to get her visit over with so we could finally look at and hold our own baby.

There have been other incidences too, but this is the real "meat & potatoes" of the issues that I had with her. She is super supportive and a great grandma, but I was very bitter about it for a long time. DH should have stepped in, but he typically avoids conflict and didn't know how to tell her to stop since she wasn't doing anything malicious. He has pinky sworn that this time will be different if she starts up again.

19. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Lilbear: oh goodness, I completely felt so stressed out FOR you! Especially the part where you couldn't even breastfeed your baby and get her to latch because she came in to visit. augh - as if everything isn't already so stressful!! Maybe this time, don't tell ANYONE when you're in labor? (Although I know that will be difficult since you probably will need help with your LO while you're in the hospital).

I really really hope that your DH is able to kind of tone her down a little this time!

also: completely annoying that she told people before you were ready to.

20. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@MrsLilybugg: yeah I'm a little stressed about what we are going to do with my LO when I go into labor! My MIL is the closest but doesn't drive at night, and I don't want to hang out with her (or anyone except DH) while I'm in labor! The upside is that she can't storm the hospital if she is watching our DD lol!

21. araneidae

pea / 13 posts

@Alivoo01: I feel like it's dragging too ... doesn't help that I've got weeks to wait until my NT scan on the 8th. That's weeks right? ... holy crap it's the end of August isn't it. Lalalala no it isn't can't hear August ending!

So yeah .. NT scan soon, I really hope everything is ok as we've told a lot of people. Most of our friends don't know yet but lots of family. I enrolled myself in a prenatal aquafit class today with another girl I know from my first child's due date group and lives not far from me. Pretty excited to have a local preggo friend!

@Lilbear: oh my goddd. That's so awful. But I can totally understand how easy it could be to just let something like that happen in the moment and then be bitter about it later. Definitely good that you'll be better prepared to avoid that this time!

@erinbaderin: my MIL is now telling her friends who ask if I'm pregnant (which is apparently several??) that I am. Yay? Her friends are so gossipy and they love a preggie. Likely every Slovak person in my city is now aware. Lol. At least she's just telling her friends though that sucks to have the fun of telling people stolen from you!

22. araneidae

pea / 13 posts

Oh I meant to include in that post, anybody else have plans to do a prenatal exercise class?

23. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Went to target n made 2 purchases... Couldnt help it lol - diaper bag on clearance n the outfits were adorable 💚

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Had our NT scan last week. Found out I have "low MS PAPP-A" but with no other indications of chromosomal abnormalities. Basically means although I screened negative for DS the baby isn't getting protein from my placenta. I'll have to have monthly ultrasounds to make sure he's still growing, I'm four times more likely than normal to have a late term miscarriage, and I'm extremely likely to develop preeclampsia especially given my history of gestational hypertension. They've started me on an aspirin regimen to try and prevent pre-e.

And we found out baby is a boy. So, boy number 3.

It's been a rough week.

25. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Navy_Mommy: oh my gosh how awful! I'm so sorry that you got this news. I'm crossing my fingers for you that you have an uneventful remainder of your pregnancy!

Also, isn't the percentage of people who experience late term miscarriages around 2 percent? So (if my math and statistics are correct) you still have a 92% chance that things will be okay! Regardless, I am sending you big Internet hugs - I can't imagine how scary this must be for you. 😟

26. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lilbear: the pre-e and IUGR (baby not growing) scare me a lot more. Especially since there will be a lapse in my care while we move cross country in November. And I can't even make an appointment with my new doctors until we've moved (silly military hospitals. I don't exist at the new duty station until my husband checks in with his new command. He can't do that until we physically get there)

27. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Oh that had to be scary to hear at your appt i hope things continue to progress ok though!! And congrats on another boy 😊

28. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Navy_Mommy: hugs - I'm so sorry about this scary news at your NT appointment
    As far as the lapse in care while you move: I think you said they wanted monthly check-ins . I'm not sure how military dr offices work but I'm sure that given the situation they could schedule you right away as soon as he checks in. Would the checking in process take longer than a month?

29. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Sorry to hear about the icky news! Sending you good thoughts!

30. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MrsLilybugg: basically he'll check out of his current command November 2 and we spend the next 3 days packing out and saying goodbye. Then we had initially planned to take 6 days driving (we're going from California to Maryland and I'll be 6 months pregnant plus we have a 3 and a 1 year old) and had planned on spending 2 weeks visiting his family in North Carolina on the way but that probably won't happen now. Then once we get to Maryland he can check in right away and I can check in to the hospital. And it's all just a matter of how busy they are for how quickly I'll get to see a doctor.

Military hospitals aren't really known for efficiency. If you aren't having any issues the care is fine, lol, but they aren't great about being proactive.

ETA in a non military doctor you would just make an appointment before you even left one home to move to the other. I don't have that option.

31. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Hey, I'm a February mama dropping in. I also had low PAPP-A result (.26 MoM) on my first tri screening, but neither my geneticist nor my midwives are concerned about it (I'm not even having extra scans). The evidence correlating low PAPP-A with stillbirth/mc/pre-e/IUGR is both mixed and limited, and a large percentage of women never even find out what their PAPP-A is. Furthermore, most women who do encounter those complications *don't* have low PAPP-A. But Google brings up a lot of scary results, and I was really freaked out for a while! I actually started a HB thread about it a month ago and all the responses I got were reassuring - a couple mamas had IUGR, but that isn't even necessarily related to the PAPP-A. Wishing you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!

32. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

So excited for my appt Wednesday!! Really hoping both are growing strong and healthy 💚

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Sorry for the results you got...on the flip side - at least you know they will monitor you closely. As others have said maybe you can speak to the next base in advance and let them know of your circumstances? I am sure they will accomodate a short notice appointment given the details...I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a H&H 9 6ish months for you!

@sassymama34: Yay for appointment week!!! And nice score. I bought a couple plain white side snap tees for this peanut...so far that is my only purchase. Aside from the maternity wardrobe I have amassed!

AFM - I am so super cautiously optimistic that my morning (ahem - all day) sickness has gone away. Fingers crossed. I was able to eat much healthier meals this weekend - so fingers crossed for a slowing down in the weight gain department. I also dug out my prenatal exercise videos and plan to start them this/next week. Fingers crossed.

K's 2nd birthday party is this Sunday so I am spending my free time cleaning the house and prepping for that. Once we are beyond that it will be full steam ahead on her big girl room. Painting is first - may have my dad help...then its just putting the pieces together. Cant wait to show it off!

Since we got zip zilch zero in the gender prediction from our NT I may go forward with the panorama bloodwork if they will let me at 14 weeks...that way I would know at 15 weeks the gender. Its $100...which may be cheaper than an U/S and is certainly way more accurate.

34. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@NavyMommy: I'm sorry, how stressful! I don't know the details of US health coverage but if you got caught in a gap and still didn't have your new system set-up could you go to an ER and get a scan?

@MrsD: Glad to hear you're feeling better! That must be a relief. So are you moving your daughter to a new room and keeping the nursery for the new baby? I'm having that debate myself right now. I love my nursery so much that I can't imagine doing another one, and it would be nice to give B a "big kid room" to get him excited about being a big brother, but on the other hand I worry that he'll feel like he's being replaced.

I can't remember if I said (and I'm too lazy to go back to look) but did I mention that the ultrasound tech gave me a very strong impression that she could tell the sex of the baby, but told me she couldn't tell me because it was too early? I assumed that meant it was a boy, but my friend told me that she thought that this early, it was more obvious if it was a girl. Anybody know?

35. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@ms.line: @ms.line: I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I know mine was less than .2 (the form had different things listed with different levels and different recommendations that they highlighted the ones applicable to me). The "serial ultrasounds" were only listed for below .2 (an amnio, which wasnt recommended to me was only listed for below .1). And my two previous pregnancies I had severe gestational hypertension. The genetic counselor actually said something along the lines of with levels this low I wouldn't plan on making it to full term, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible to have a healthy baby.

I've been avoiding Google. The information I have is from my appointment.

36. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: I still have insurance, I just won't have a doctor for a couple weeks, if that makes sense. So if I had an emergency I could go to an ER. But I couldn't just pop in an ER to have a scan, because if my visit was deemed not an emergency my insurance wouldn't pay for it. Military Healthcare definitely has its downsides. I don't like to complain about it because like, I don't even pay for my prenatal vitamins, but it has its downfalls.

37. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: I would assume that she thought it was a boy. If she saw girl parts there would be no question even if it was "early" but technically if it's super early a girl could look like a boy so she wouldn't say (not sure if that makes sense).

Unless she was going by the "angle of the dangle" then it could go either way, but that's not an exact science so they aren't supposed to say for sure.

38. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Is it possible to feel the baby move this early? (12w4d)

I swear I just felt a random kick...like a gas bubble...but not...so weird!

39. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Ugh, that's definitely unnerving to hear from your genetic counselor. Definitely possible to have an early but healthy baby, though! Good luck with your move, you'll be in my thoughts.

40. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

MrsD - im 12w2d and i have felt the random flutters here and there so totally possible

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee