Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: kicks would be very unlikely. A lot of people (myself included) get muscle spasms that feel like kicks from things moving around. "Flutters" or swooshes would be possible.

I didn't feel anything til about 18w with DS1, almost 15w with DS2, and still nothing yet at 14 weeks with #3.

2. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

24 hrs till my appt!!! Omg so excited n nervous 😁 hoping so hard that both are still growing on target and no issues! Cant wait... Been a LONG 4 weeks lol

Any other appts this week?

3. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

I keep thinking I feel movement, but I don't know. I was 17 weeks last time and I saw at my last ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta again, so I'm probably fooling myself.

@sassymama34: good luck!

4. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I'm sorry you won't get to spend the time with family that you originally planned. I hope you are able to be seen right away once he checks in! So stressful

@sassymama34: ahhhhh TOMORROW! Praying for two beautiful strong heartbeats! I have an u/s on the 11th (the NT), and then the OB appt the 16th

I have to do the 24 hour urine test. Has anyone here done it? It's supposed to be kept refrigerated, which is really grossing me out lol. If my ride to work takes about 45 minutes total, is that fine ?? Do I have to bring in a cooler? Hhahah gross. I'm so immature, I'm not sure why this is so disturbing to me.

5. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

Been a bit hectic for me so I'm going back and catching up with you ladies. Bear with me and hope I got everyone!

@erinbaderin: Eek! My brother did that before except it involved my engagement. I didn't know it was happening and apparently he posted something on FB how he was looking forward to the trip and having his sister engaged. I never saw the post, but plenty of people did and they all jumped on him to remove it. I was informed after I was engaged.

That sucks your mom ruined your announcement for you!

@sassymama34: I've been feeling a little less tired, but some days are still rougher than others. For instance, Sunday night, I have no idea what was going on with my bladder, but I had to get up and pee every 30 min to an hour, and it wasn't just a trickle, it was full bladder mode. I was exhausted come Monday morning. I was up for jury selection too so that wasn't helpful!

@sbbs3: Welcome and congratulations! We too suffered a loss back in March. Sorry you had to go through that. I'll add you to our list of March mommies!

@Lilbear: Oh man!! That's super annoying and frustrating!! You're such a trooper for putting up with it! I'd be yelling at DH to put an end to it and even if she calls him to talk to me, I'd be like no. Don't hand the phone to me. She already calls, texts, and emails you all week long for crying out loud!! Arg!!!!

@araneidae: That's cool you have a local preggo friend and are joining prenatal aquatics together! My NT scan is on the 8th as well! Labor day weekend can't come fast enough it seems. lol!!

I'm not doing any prenatal exercise, but mostly because I'm exhausted; and chasing/playing with DS is enough of an exercise for me. lol I'm always short of breath and even my normal brisk pace of walking can be hard at times. And I'm still only in the 1st trimester! Oh lordy! What is it going to be like in the 3rd??? Yikes!

@Navy_Mommy: Oh no!!! Lots and lots of hugs, first off. Praying that this pregnancy progresses like it should with no complications! Is there something they can do to up his protein intake like how the aspirin is combating the pre-e? Congrats on finding out it's a boy though! 3 musketeers!

DS was an IUGR baby that quit growing at 32 weeks, but we didn't detect it till 35 weeks. He came out kicking and screaming like a full term happy baby (was induced at 37 weeks). He came out small, and continues to be so now, but he's feisty as any 2 year old and learning/reaching milestones like he should be!

@MrsD: Yay for no more morning sickness. Hoping it stays away for you!! Boo on not finding out the gender during your NT scan. I'm worried I won't either (some deep down gut instinct), but guess we'll see.

@sassymama34: Wishing nothing but the best at your appt tomorrow!

@MrsLilybugg: I always have to provide a urine sample when I go in for my appts, but nothing outside of that. Are they monitoring for protein or something? I'd be a bit wigged out about keeping urine in my fridge too. Just because you associate fridge with food and urine definitely isn't food! lol

6. Alivoo01

Okay, as for me now... lol I had a follow up appointment last Friday and the first thing the ultrasound lady and my OB said when they saw me was "WE HAVE A GROWING BABY!!! YAY!!!" Which I'm definitely happy to hear due to our loss back in March. So I'm definitely looking forward to my NT scan next week to gain more confidence this pregnancy is progressing like it should. I'm breathing slightly better and enjoying this pregnancy a lil more now.

The baby was measuring right on schedule and had a rapid heartbeat of 170. The OB is predicting a girl, but guess we'll see! Another reason I really hope my NT scan will reveal a gender! I'm anxious to know!

Here's the ultrasound from Friday.

7. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

MrsLilybug- i had to do the 24 hr urine thing a few times when i was pg with my son due to high bp. We slept upstairs so kept it in a bucket of ice all night. It was a pain! Id pack it in ice for ur drive to drop it off to be safe. Its a pain for sure.

8. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Yay for growing baby!! Beautiful u/s pic 💚

9. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@MrsLilybugg: the I did like six 24 hour urine collects with DS1 (I had every sign of pre-e except protein in my urine). I would bring a cooler if I were you. I didn't put mine in the fridge, I just kept it on ice the whole time.

10. Alivoo01

Roll Call:
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/3 Bubbles
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/11 Mrs D
    3/11 sassymama34
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/15 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/27 sbbs3
    3/30 Travelinmoon

Upcoming Appointments:
    9/2 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/4 creativemomma15 (dr appt)
    9/8 alivoo01 (NT scan)
    9/8 araneidae (NT scan)
    9/9 princessandthebee (dr appt)
    9/11 ksnow (dr appt)
    9/11 sbbs3 (dr appt)
    9/14 Mrs D (dr appt)
    9/15 Navy_Mommy (dr appt)
    9/16 MrsLilybugg (OB appt)
    9/25 alivoo01 (dr appt)
    9/26 mrsog (NT scan)

10/22 alivoo01 (anatomy scan)

11. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Alivoo01: my next appointment is September 15 with my doctor.

12. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: This is what I thought too and yesterday was the first time I was like "wait...that felt an awful lot like a kick!"...First time I think I was 22w with K.

@Alivoo01: Great update! Yay for a growing peanut!

@Alivoo01: No rush...but my DD is 3/11 and my next appt is 9/14...I am going to ask for the panorama screen to find out the gender!

13. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Navy_Mommy: ok thanks! I have an insulated cooler
    Bag that I'll lug in with me !

14. Alivoo01

@Navy_Mommy: @Mrs D: Updated!

15. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Aaahhhh nervous for appt! It's at 9:30. Cross fingers everything looks good ladies!

16. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: everything is crossed for you! Is that 9:30 EST? Cant wait for the update!!!

@MrsLilybugg: Thanks - your the best!!!

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So...a few important things about my life right now...

1) Someone took my sweet loveable toddler last night and replaced her with a demon. I am like a walking zombie today. Seriously - no idea was possessed her last night.

2) I almost chopped 12" off my hair yesterday - but chickened out and did just 5". May go for more in October when I go back! I like the idea of way less hair to straighten with 2 kids running around!

3) I may or may not have, in my current zombie state, purchased nearly $700 worth of jewelry this morning - thankfully I get 50% off. I am a Merchandiser for C+I jewelry (side job mostly for the discount) and decided this morning that I loved the new fall collection and if I am going to get fat I may as well have nice jewelry. I should have adult supervision whenever shopping...seriously...WTF

Ok - back to full caffeine coffee - its one of those days...

18. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: Boo on bad sleep with K! DS hasn't slept well the past two months (I'm talking waking up like a flipping newborn. WTF!), and finally slept well last night. Hallelujah. Hoping yours was just a one off case!

As for the shopping, LMAO!!! You deserve some new bling!

I plan on cutting my hair short right before I give birth. I did that with DS also. I just told my hair cut lady to cut it short but long enough to pull into a pony tail. That leaves it to be about shoulder length. So much more manageable since I naturally have thick hair.

19. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

@Alivoo01: Next appointment is Sept 21. Just a regular monthly OB visit

20. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

I've been reading along this thread but finally got some time to add myself!

EDD: 3-17-2016 but will have a c-section around 36 weeks if I make it that far!

How far along: 11w6d

First child? No, one stillborn at 22w in 2013, one is 7 months today!

First doctor appointment: Had my first August 24, seeing OB and dating ultrasound

Any symptoms so far? Lots and lots of nausea, dry heaving and twice vomiting.

Who have you told? We told family and a few close friends/coworkers. I planned on telling more people around 12 weeks, but at this point, I could put it off a while.

21. Alivoo01

@sassymama34: How'd your appt go??

@nicollette1189: Welcome and congrats!!! Sorry to hear about your stillborn. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months! I'll add you to our list of March mommies!

@Loscato: Updated!

22. Alivoo01

Roll Call:
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/3 Bubbles
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/9 sassymama34
    3/11 Mrs D
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/15 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/17 nicollette1189
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/27 sbbs3
    3/30 Travelinmoon

Upcoming Appointments:
    9/2 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/4 creativemomma15 (dr appt)
    9/8 alivoo01 (NT scan)
    9/8 araneidae (NT scan)
    9/9 princessandthebee (dr appt)
    9/11 ksnow (dr appt)
    9/11 sbbs3 (dr appt)
    9/14 Mrs D (dr appt)
    9/15 Navy_Mommy (dr appt)
    9/16 MrsLilybugg (OB appt)
    9/21 Loscato (dr appt)
    9/22 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/25 alivoo01 (dr appt)
    9/26 mrsog (NT scan)

10/22 alivoo01 (anatomy scan)

23. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Any of you March Mamas DIY experts?

Trying to figure out how to jazz up this armoir I bought for K for her birthday - I have 3 dresses and some other accessories to fill it with. Was thinking contact paper on the shelves...maybe stenciling the frame a bit?

24. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Hey ladies! Was a hectic dr visit as my reg doc got called to hospital so i had to wait forever to be seen by other doc whom i had never met... I didnt care for her honestly and felt she rushed my ultrasound. She didnt even measure the babies!! But both looked huge and were so active. Heartbeats of 168 and 182!!! So happy and had tears of joy 💙💙 oh and my edd is march 9! Next appt is sept 22 for quad screen.

25. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: I'm not creative, but I do like the contact paper idea. Cute dress up armoire though!

@sassymama34: Yay for a great dr appt and two healthy beating hearts! At my 2nd appt, I don't think the ultrasound tech measured the baby either until I asked if s/he was measuring on schedule. She did take measurements of other stuff though. I could tell the baby had grown so maybe that's why?

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: congrats on the good appointment! We switched due dates...how funny!

27. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@sassymama34: wahoo! I was waiting for your update! So glad that both babies are doing great!! ❤

28. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Thanks ladies!!! Was great to breathe a sigh of relief after 4 long weeks of waiting lol def happy 😊

29. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@sassymama34: That's great news, hooray!

Guys, I'm sitting in the McDonalds parking lot drinking a coke and eating an apple pie. I think I've hit peak pregnant.

30. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: YES!!!!!

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: I am so torn over the hair decision...thankfully I have some time! I have thick curly hair...so short is easier for straightening but also requires straightening to be presentable. So I would have to style it to leave the house, as opposed to when its longer I can leave it curly and it looks ok! Decisions, Decisions!

32. Alivoo01

@erinbaderin: LOL!! That's awesome!! All my guilty pleasures have been fast food places too!

@Mrs D: Ah! Short, curly hair. I can see your dilemma. You should just rock a hat/cap like a guy does all the time. Problem solved! haha!

33. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: I have the same hair dilemma - I'm lazy, so I tend to only get it cut every six months or so. My hair isn't curly but it does have a lot of wave so like MrsD, I have to decide between short, which is how I prefer but but I feel like I need to straighten it, or long, so I don't have to flatiron it but I don't like how it looks so much.

I finally found my little guy with the doppler yesterday, yay! It's pretty exciting listening to that little heart galloping away. Does everybody find that they've assigned a sex to their baby even though they don't actually know? I always think of the baby as 'him' and I don't know if it's because I'm used to it after B or I think I'm having a boy.

34. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@sassymama34: yay that's great news
    !!

35. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Ladies what do u think im having based on heartbeats? Fun to guess... Im thinkin boy and girl.. Here's the stats: baby a heartrates: 108, 114, 168
    baby b heartrates: 122, 188, 182

Would love to hear your predictions and hopefully I'll find out at next appt sept 22!!!

36. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

::swoosh swoosh swoosh:: Oh hey! There's a baby in there, lol. Still in bed even though I should have been up like an hour ago because by some miracle the boys are still asleep and I very distinctly felt baby swooshes for the first time (14w4d) 💕💞💕

37. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Cool!

38. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Is anybody planning to do a "babymoon"? We are, kind of - we're going to Vegas for a few days at the end of October. We're taking B, but my parents are also coming, so we've made a deal with them that one of the three nights we'll all have an early family dinner and then they'll go to a show, and the other two they'll take care of B so my husband and I can go out for nice dinners (that's really the reason we go to Vegas, to eat. And to shop.) We love Vegas, we've gone every year for the past 6 years, and I'm so excited for it! We weren't planning to do it this year but after our "vacation" hosting the in-laws was so stressful I decided we needed an actual vacation.

39. keepsinging

pea / 14 posts

OK, enough lurking

EDD: March 1, 2016 - it's a boy !
    How far along: 14+3
    First child? First child, first pregnancy
    Next doctor appointment: early anatomy scan 9/21
    Any symptoms so far? YES. second nosebleed this morning. boobs still threatening to fall off. a bleed scare earlier this week that put me on two days bed rest
    Who have you told? The world Told FB at 12 weeks on the nose.

40. Alivoo01

@erinbaderin: My hair can get a bit wild and wavy if I let it air dry so I have to at least blow dry it a bit (I don't have to style blow dry, just blow dry). I recalled putting my hair in a ponytail a lot with DS so I anticipate the same this go round.

I noticed I call the baby a boy a lot also! Like you, I don't know if it's because I have DS already so it's a natural reaction or if it's because I might be having a boy. After my last dr appt and the dr said she's guessing girl (based on heart rate), I'm trying to think more openly and hope it's a girl (since that's what we want). It'll be nice to know for sure so I know to call the baby him or her once and for all. We've been calling the baby #2 or 2.0.

@sassymama34: I'm guessing two girls!

@Navy_Mommy: Yay for baby swooshes! I can't wait to feel baby kicks. I know I'm a ways from that actually happening.

@erinbaderin: Vegas is like my family's second home as often as they go! That's awesome y'all will get a babymoon! I don't think we'll go anywhere since DH recently started a job and doesn't get any time off till next year. And when he does, I rather he use it when the baby is here. I'd love to go somewhere though, but we don't have family close by either so that complicates things.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee