Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@mrsrain: I had my Sprinkle this past Saturday too, and loved it! It was simple and sweet. Nice lil ode to DD since I haven't really done much for her!

@Loscato: Will do! I'll have to hunt it down first! I'll update the list also once we start having our babies to reflect actual birth dates vs due dates!

@erinbaderin: Fingers crossed he decides to turn soon! My friend's baby was heads up until 37 weeks when she finally decided "okay, I'll head on down". lol

@Mrs D: Go you for being so productive! I haven't done a single thing for DD yet, and I really need to. Everyone around me is like WTF?! Woman! You're going to give birth in like a month. lol I have my list. Just need to get on it (soon).

@Navy_Mommy: I've had a previa since 20 weeks and have been put on pelvic bed rest. We just got the all clear to have sex again and I'm like uh... since we're in the 3rd trimester and all. lol!!!

@Mrs D: I got a belly tightening contraption with DS but unless I was laying down or standing up, it was super uncomfortable! I gave it up after like 2 weeks.

2. Alivoo01

Roll Call:
    2/28 Bubbles
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/1 keepsinging
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/9 sassymama34
    3/11 Mrs D
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/16 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/16 jazzy
    3/17 nicollette1189
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/27 sbbs3
    3/29 MoreCoffee
    3/30 Travelinmoon
    TBD Kelli_Deluxe

: 14
    : 8
    : 1

3. Alivoo01

I removed the "Upcoming Appointments" since we all seem to have weekly (or soon-to-be) appointments now. However, if you'd like, I can resume those. Or suggest something else.

Also, I will update the list as our babies arrive with their actual birth dates.

4. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: Thanks for doing this! Personally I think that you having to keep track of everybody's upcoming appointments is insane, I wouldn't worry about it!

@Mrs D: My vote would be pick the one you love the most, don't worry about a neutral. I have a neutral ring sling and a neutral Ergo and I'm so bored with them, I wish I'd gone with something bright and pretty! (I go back and forth about "needing" a Tula on a regular basis, almost purely because I want a pretty pattern) What is the Belly Bandit supposed to do?

It's funny, when my midwife told me this guy was breech I felt pretty optimistic that he'd turn but now I feel like he's probably not going to. That being said, I currently have appointments with both a chiropractor and an acupuncturist for the next few days and I spent a half hour (well, 20 minutes, then I couldn't take it anymore) lying upside down last night, so I'm doing everything I can! The OB called me yesterday and said that my fluid was also low, so a) that makes it harder for him to flip and b) now I have to go back next week for another ultrasound to check on it. I'm starting to get really anxious that this baby is going to be here sooner than I expect, and I suddenly feel NOT READY.

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: So I think the BellyBandit is supposed to help things shrink back down post baby. Help with the extra skin. I have never been "petite" so I need all the help I can get! I gave myself way too many liberties after K was born - I am taking things much more seriously this go around!

I think I am going to go for it and get the Mint Lace one...its just so pretty!

I feel you on the getting anxious part. I am not telling people my actual due date this time around (the "only 10 more days"..."only 9 more days" shit got really annoying last time) so its just been "about X more weeks". Since I may elect to be induced at 39w this time I am at the "only 4 more weeks" stage and holy crap that scared me. I am obviously excited to meet her and cant wait - but crap I am going to have 2 kids in 4-5 weeks! EEEK!

I think we may be officially leaning to Emily Lynn as her name...still to be confirmed but def the front runner!

And I found some nursing bras I want this time (trying to step up my game PP and not just wear nursing tanks and yoga pants for 3 months) but cant stomach the cost. Am I crazy to buy some off Ebay?!?! Great seller with good reviews who claims they are not worn?! I mean I can wash them...and I dont consider bras in the same category as underwear! Ugh...cant decide!!!

6. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: I know my OB won't let me go to 40 weeks since DD is measuring small, albeit healthy so I've been just telling people I'm due beginning of March instead of providing my due date also (which is mid-March).

I like Emily Lynn!

7. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Emily Lynn is so pretty! And yeah, I was thinking "7 weeks, that's lots of time!" but now we're halfway to 6 weeks plus I have a c section scheduled for March 15 which puts me at halfway to 5 weeks plus this damn OB keeps saying things like "We need to make sure this baby is doing ok in there and doesn't need to come out right now" which is making me :shocked:.

I have a friend who worked buys all her bras off of ebay, for what that's worth. She's a larger chested lady and has found that to be the best way to get good bras at a reasonable price. Any brand recommendations? Last time I just wore Target nursing bras but a) I never really loved them and b) they're pretty worn, and Target is gone now so I can't replace them.

8. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: I feel 8 to 4 weeks went real fast! I am still torn about eBay...still undecided.

I got some bras from Target last time too and they were just "meh"...these are Cake (brand)...they look so comfy! But I LOVE the Gilligan O'Malley tanks...so comfy! I need to get one or two more...

Can you order online still?

9. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: I got a nursing bra from You! Lingerie that I love, I'm actually gonna get another cuz they have a 30% off coupon right now. I wonder if there's a way for me to get my referral link to you without breaking the HB rules, because if you wanted to buy from there and you use my link I get like $15 off my next purchase, haha.

10. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@erinbaderin: fingers crossed your LO turns on his own!

@Mrs D: Yay for your lovely front runner name! I'm partial because Lynn is my middle name!

Update: nursery is pretty much done! And thankfully it looks like we are getting a nice tax refund this year after a mess of new stuff this year with selling my condo.

We are hoping to get a mini van before this little guy arrives!
    Been having contractions randomly, mostly BH but sometimes a painful one.

Can't wait to see if I have a Feb baby or March baby. I'm due March 6th and feel like March is ideal because it represents spring but also feel like this baby will come early! Anyone else partial?

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: Lynn is my middle name too! It's k's also! My mom sisters and I all have it...so I am super partial to it!!

I am partial to March (and also worry I may have a feb baby)...mostly bc then the girls birthstones are sapphire and aquamarine which is a lovely combo! I've had some real crampy contractions - I may talk them up a big at my appt tomorrow and see if they'll check me!!

@Navy_Mommy: oh I'll check them out now!!!

12. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: Yay for Lynn's!

I guess my new OB starts checks at 36 weeks. So I have one on Monday. And a growth ultrasound. Which I don't fully know why it was scheduled.

I told her I won't be easily pressured into an induction because of a"big" baby. They told me DS was 9+ pounds and he was 7 13. They can be so inaccurate!

13. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I can't believe I'm actually due in less than a month. I don't care if it's February or March as long as it isn't February 24 (I don't want to share my birthday) or before February 20 (I don't need another Aquarius in the house, Oliver is enough of a challenge for me (I only sort if buy into astrology though, lol)).

Ordered all the stuff on my amazon registry today. Pulled out the newborn sized clothes and 0-3 month stuff. Once the closet organizers get here I'll wash it and put it away and we'll be good to go.

All that's left is to gather some home birth supplies and I need a pack of newborn diapers. We cloth diaper, but not till the meconium passes.

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: when I was admitted in labor with k they told me she was 8lbs 9oz...she was 7lbs 2oz...good job! ;). I still am undecided on the induction topic...I'll just have to see how I progress!!!

@Navy_Mommy: I pulled out all the clothes last weekend and washed them. I need my cube organizer and cubes before I can finish but it felt good to have all those clothes already!

I checked out the website! Not sure about the bras (they look like they have underwire which I may want to avoid but the camisole night gown looks right up my alley! Going to give that some serious thought!

I have a small amount to buy off my target registry then I'll be done done I hope!!!

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: most of them don't have under wires. It's in the description.

16. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Hi ladies... I've been quiet since i have a stalker who checks this page a lot and it's creepy so i cant really post anymore im still hanging in with an uncertain future but i will know more once here which is coming too quickly ha! Anyhow i hope all of you are doing well i try and keep up with everyones updates. I wish i could update more

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: wow...they looked like underwires...I'll go back and check!!!

@momtimes3: thinking of you! Hang in there!!!

18. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Thanks Mrs D

19. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Alivoo01: thanks for updating! Can't wait to see some births in there soon!

@Mrs D: I'd just get the carrier you want and not worry about a neutral - I got really bored of my navy moby! Emily Lynn is so cute!

I would guess I might have a February baby, but I hope for a march one as I am SO NOT READY! But I have been having a lot of BH's and they are getting more frequent and more painful each day. I keep telling myself that doesn't mean anything and plenty of women have them for months, but they freak me out as I didn't have any with LO1! I have to register with a new GP in my new area on Monday, so hoping they can get me set up with a midwife mega quickly!

@momtimes3: Thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck!

20. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: I can order online from Target, technically, but the shipping cost pretty much doubles the price. I do like the Gilligan O'Malley tanks, I still have all mine from last time. I looked at the Cake website and they do look great!

@princessandthebee: Nice work on getting the nursery done! Did you put pictures in the nursery thread? You motivated me so last night I attacked the nursery closet - now it's emptied of junk and all organized. Check one thing off the to-do list! And good for you for standing up for yourself - I don't really understand that big baby thing. It's a total guess on the ultrasound, right? And plus...humans can deliver big babies, it seems like they should at least let you try!

@Navy_Mommy: Newborn diapers! Good reminder, that's going on my grocery list for this week. And I'll check out You! Lingerie as well, thanks!

@momtimes3: I was thinking about you the other day, hope things are going well. Looking forward to whatever updates you're able to post (maybe a name change?).

@Bubbles: Good luck with the move!

Saw a chiropractor this morning who basically told me I am disaster of a human being, alignment-wise. So...huh. Hopefully she'll be able to do something to straighten me out which will encourage this little bear to flip himself around!

21. Mrs. Cookie

@Navy_Mommy: Yea, my hubby's birthday is March 4 and I'm due March 6th, I think he'd rather not share but either he way, he's like, there won't be much happening for my birthday with a LO born so close anyway! I plan on celebrating his early this year. Just in case we are in the hospital!

@Mrs D: Right! They just aren't super accurate!
    @Bubbles: Same, more BH contractions this time make me think that baby is coming earlier because I didn't have any last time! I could definitely use all of Feb for prepping!
    @erinbaderin: My plan is to take pictures this weekend and then I can post! Glad you got to the closet, knowing that there are things for baby to wear makes me feel much less stressed. Blankets and swaddles all washed too.
    EXACTLY on the big baby thing, my pushed out two almost 10 pounders (second and third kids), I just want a chance! Now if I'm passing 40 weeks then I'm much happier to talk induction...

22. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@princessandthebee: I have a friend who was over 13lbs at birth, and born vaginally. Of course, he was the 12th child.... (he has twin brothers and he weighed more than both of their birth weights combined!)

23. Mrs. Cookie

@erinbaderin: WOW! It's amazing what the body can do.

24. Alivoo01

@princessandthebee: Some days, I'm totally ready for her to be here because I'm getting a bit uncomfortable, BUT I really, really, really want a March baby so I hope she continues baking until then!

I've been having tightness on the underside of my belly, but only there. Not sure if it's a contraction or not so I'm going to bring it up at my appt today. Like I said, I don't want her here until March! lol

@Navy_Mommy: I've been tossing clothes for DD in a laundry basket and will do one big load soon. Work just let me know they'll be throwing me a small baby shower soon so I'll order whatever's left shortly after that. I didn't have much on my registry to begin with so it'll be easy breezy.

@erinbaderin: I absolutely love my chiro! If I could see him weekly, I so would!! I had a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades on Monday that prevented me from sleeping. A quick visit to him and bam! Pain-free. Hallelujah!! Hope the adjustment helps align everything, including having the baby head down!!

And a 13lb baby at birth, born vaginally?! OMG!!! I'm cringing so hard over here. The pain!!!!! lol

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: That is exactly how my BH contractions feel! This week I started having more "real-ish" ones...mild/moderate cramping...I did not miss this last time! Ugh!

@erinbaderin: ouch....just ouch!!!!! Imagine the ring of fire with that baby!!!!

Had my appointment this morning - which was great bc last night I was having an awful pain and think I may have called the Dr line if I hadnt had something lined up. Anyways - appointment was good - boring! Next week (36w) she'll check me and run the GBS test...will be interesting to see the results of both.

As for the pain...just FYI in case you ladies experience it. It was a sharp cramp (kind of like the kind you get when you chug too much water too quickly) that would go away if I laid down but literally had me in tears. Anyways - Dr said given it was on my left side it was likely related to gas/bowel discomfort...sure enough I had some serious bathroom issues this morning...so ya - in case you ladies feel it...stick close to the toilet! Sorry...TMI...but well we do that here on HB...

26. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Any of you ladies requesting the tdap booster to help protect baby from whooping cough? Im going to push for it at tmrws appt and my mom will be getting it as well esp knowing my one will be a preemie with health issues

27. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@momtimes3: I got mine on Tuesday. DH and everyone else got it last time around, so I think all our bases are covered.

@Mrs D: yikes! Thanks for the heads
    up!

@Navy_Mommy: I was nearly induced in my birthday with DD! High bp and some protein in my urine. Instead I had her exactly a week later, naturally. Whew!

28. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Im hoping i get mine tmrw! I brought it up a couple weeks ago n was kind of dismissed.. But i will be insisting on it. I cant believe its feb n they'll be here before march 😮😃 lol

29. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@momtimes3: I got mine at my 30 week appointment.

30. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Bubbles: it's VERY common to not get BH with your first and then get them with your second. And they just get more intense with each pregnancy. I had the MOST intense BHs with Oliver, was 3cm and 80% effaced at 37 weeks, and I was still induced at 41+3, lol (after going into labor naturally at 39 weeks with my first who I had no BH with and was barely a 1cm until my water broke).

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@momtimes3: I get mine at 36w!!

32. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I finished his blanket. Now all that's left to do is wash and put away the newborn and 0-3 clothes and grab a few more homebirth specific stuff. I'm very suddenly VERY prepared, lol, so I feel like the next month is gonna go by SO SLOWLY! (I'm assuming I won't go into labor before my due date and I'll deliver sometime in the first week of March).

33. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: The arrows and the hedgehogs! So adorable! Maybe this weekend I'll go to the fabric store - I really want to make a blanket for the new baby but I haven't made time.

@Alivoo01: That's what I get too - I've been assuming they're BH just because they don't feel like kicks. I didn't get them very often the first time but this time they're more frequent.

@momtimes3: It's interesting, I see a lot of talk about the TDAP booster but I don't really think it's a thing in Canada - nobody has ever mentioned it to me with either pregnancy.

Discovered today that a gift certificate I got for Christmas that was supposed to be for Kindle books is only good on Amazon.com (why aren't they transferrable? Who knows?) so I broke down and ordered the Tula I've been wanting for months and had it shipped to my parents, who are on vacation in Florida. I totally don't need it, but I'm excited!

34. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: each kid I pick an animal for them. Wes was elephants, Oliver foxes, this baby is hedgehogs. Then his nursery is where the wild things are. So, it's a mixture of both! Lol.

35. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: I didn't have any BH with DS so all this contraction stuff is new news to me!!

And oh my on the pain, but glad (not really??) it was just bowel movement so it went away and not something more severe!!

@momtimes3: My nurse gave me the shot a couple weeks ago.

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: So cute...LOVE the hedgehogs!!! You are SO talented...

@erinbaderin: I have some fabric at home to make the tie edge fleece blankets...thats on my short list for the weekend. I had a couple for K when she was little - they were great for tummy time spit ups since they are so easily washable! Congrats on getting the Tula you want - you deserve it!!!

@Alivoo01: Its news to me too - I had like zero contraction/BH activity with K - so this pregnancy has been eye opening from that regard. I preferred my boring pregnancy with K

37. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: Right?! I still have a relatively "easy" pregnancy compared to some stories I hear, but compared to DS's. Oh man. This one's rough!

38. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

@momtimes3: I got one last pregnancy. I'm not sure if I need to get it again or not. I guess I'll ask at my next appointment.

39. Alivoo01

@Loscato: I got one last pregnancy and asked the nurse the same thing! She said each pregnancy needs its own booster.

40. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: @Loscato: You are probably still covered but they would be giving it to you this time with the hopes some would transfer to the bambino! Thats how it was explained to me...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee