Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 - Nurserys

1. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: can you take a picture of the space? I can't imagine it.

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

More nursery progress. Random print that was in Wesley's nursery by the rocker, the drift wood curtain rod (still need to hang the curtains), the wipes basket that has been used in all three boys' rooms, and the lanterns above the changing table!

Almost done.

3. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: yes - I'll take one tonight...just scanned my phone and of course I dont have one on it!

love the paper crafts over the changing table. I bought some white ones this weekend (with my killer JoAnns coupons) in case the room needs "a little something" when I am done! I was thinking of getting some glitter spray paint and just "dusting" them...

4. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Oh, the paper lanterns etc are adorable! I love the colours.

You guys are making me want to get moving on our room so I can share pics!

5. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: we had used those in our gender reveal. I just hung onto them for the nursery.

6. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Yes Yes Yes! More Nursery pics!!!

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: here's the wall...the bubbles are left over from kates decor and will be gone! Also I have not swapped the bedding!

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: I think ribbons and name are enough with how big your furniture is in the space.

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: my mom had a cute idea today...to have the hearts kind of bubble up from behind the crib and trickle up and on the the cieling...thoughts? I think it sounds kinda cute...

10. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

So I finally made some progress on our nursery this weekend. Going for like a nautical/shark theme. The side table/lamp/pillow are borrowed from living room since I still need to find those! Think I'm going to hang those quad canvas above the changing table.

What type of side table and lamp would you get?

What would you do with that empty wall?

For big wall thinking about hanging a mobile from ceiling and some floating shelves? Thinking about making one of those ombre mobiles...

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@ksnow: I love the color scheme and theme you have going. I just drool over navy/nautical themes!!!

For the end table - I got mine at Home Goods for $40. You can see it in the picture above. What I love is that it had a cubby for a basket and has a shelf at the bottom where I can put another basket. That basket was a great catch all for snacks and nursing needs (pads, creams, food, etc) I also kept our nail file and nail trimmers in it bc I would do that while she nursed or twilighted as well. So anything with storage is always a plus to me!

As for the big wall (I think you mean the wall the crib, table and chair are on) I think a mobile and some artwork would be great.

For the other wall (which the crib ends onto) I would do some book shelves starting low and going up that open chunk where you have the letter decals (or maybe art) leaning. @Navy_Mommy: did those awesome crate shelves (which I have seen hung open site out and open side up depending on the storage you need) and I have done the Ikea spice racks ($5 each) in Kates big girl room. Both super budget freindly storage solution options. I think the crates are $12 at JoAnns - use a 40% off coupon and they are like $7 or $8.

Thats my two cents!!! I LOVE nurseries!!!

12. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@Mrs D: thanks! Maybe I could stack some floating shelves on that wall? I think I need to do Michaels/Lowes/Target after work today...

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@ksnow: definitely...I have 3 book shelves stacked in K's big girl room...still working out the storage for DD2s room...

14. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Ok, here are some photos of what we've got so far! The toddler bed, obviously, is going. We have 6 of the animal prints, I think we're going to do 2 rows of 3 over the dresser. The bookcase in the corner by the window is being replaced by a recliner, and we're going to add a different bookcase beside the crib. The decal (in different colours, and flipped to the mirror image) is going to go over that bookcase, and then I want to get some kind of print for over the crib. And we need to get hooks for the curtains, I don't like how they hang with the ties. But otherwise, making progress! I gave the closet doors a coat of paint today, they probably need 2 more and then they're good to go. Also it bothers me that the crib is off white but not enough to refinish it - it's a second-hand one my parents bought online to keep at their house, and we stole it when it became clear that we weren't getting him into the toddler bed by March. With the baby sleeping in our room for the first few months, though, we may get him into the toddler bed because #2 moves into the nursery.

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Curtains are up!

16. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: LOVE the rod!!!

@erinbaderin: that crib is a beautiful hand-me-down...way to pretty to re-finish! Fingers crossed for you on the toddler bed move...

I have been slowly chipping away at the nursery with small bits of time here and there. Feeling pretty good. I have a party at my house this weekend so that is taking much of my focus...but I am planning on getting the bedding switched over, the crib mattress moved up, and hanging to DIY art I have finished! Slow and steady wins the race!

17. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: it's literally a piece if driftwood from the beach we treated with bleach, lol.

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Ya I remember you mentioning it! We get a lot of it at our cottage and have made several signs out of them! I love raw stuff like that!

19. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Finished my biggest DIY today...the swag is too deep (need to spread the hooks further) and obviously I still need a name to put above it but I am loving how it turned out for $12!!!

20. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Got it hung right today! Also getting our 'bags' together for the hospital - which is all the stuff you see in the crib!

21. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: it looks great! I started making a hospital bag list last night, but I'm not close to packing.

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: The babies bag was easy to pack (since its not stuff being used right now - and lets be serious its not MUCH stuff) mine is more tricky bc so much of it is stuff I use each day. So I started just putting pieces in the crib - not so much packing - and will continue to do so until I have it all accumulated. Minus the last minute stuff (makeup, etc).

23. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: The crib right now is usually full of cats! But starting to make a pile somewhere is a good idea. And I could for sure pack the baby bag. Yay! I like to easy things to do that feel like progress.

24. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@Mrs D: I love the way the swag came out! Is it fabric?

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@ksnow: Yes...Fabric from JoAnns cut into 1" strips and looped over - for the base (which the fabric is looped over) I did some thick yarn I had at home and braided three strands together! I'm super pleased...I can share a more up close picture if you are interested!

26. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@Mrs D: that'd be great! I still have some empty wall space left hah

27. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Here is a closer picture

28. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: I love how girly it is without being too cheesy-girly, if you know what I mean? It's delicate and elegant, the gold really looks great. Nice job!

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Thank you - that is exactly what I am going for! I was reserved more so with the girly-ness with K bc we tried to be gender neutral (not knowing what #2 would be)...now that we know this is another girl and we are nearly 100% done after this one I am embracing more of the girly-ness!

30. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: I didn't pack until I was in labor with Wes, then not till the night before my scheduled induction with Oliver, lol.

31. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

We're not redoing the nursery this time around, but here are some pics of what it looked like in the process.

32. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

We ARE redoing my daughter's "big girl room" so I thought I'd share the comforter and pillowcase I made.

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Loscato: I looooove that accent wall...and the big girl room/photo bomb is so cute!!!

Here was my Saturday night project! These will go over the changing table! Tomorrow I get my storage bins so then I'll just be waiting on the storage piece to be doneso!!!!

34. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

@Mrs D: thanks!

35. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I love the lanterns! I'm dating doing something like that too.

36. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

Baby boy #2's nursery! I am computer illiterate and cannot figure out how to add more than one photo at a time. my apologies!

37. Mrs. Cookie

38. Mrs. Cookie

39. Mrs. Cookie

40. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: Looks great!!! I love the colors!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee