Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@MrsB2012: Thanks for starting the bump board, so fun to see all the adorable bumps!

2. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: as a teacher we don't get anything. We have to go through disability and fmla to get time off. I have a long term sub already though yay and am taking 9 weeks off because school ends after that and then it's summer vacation.

3. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: I had an anterior placenta with my first. I didn't feel her until I was like.. 22 weeks It sucked! With my second I felt movements probably around... 17 weeks? Maybe 15? With this one, I've started feeling them already, just lightly!

Luckily I'm Canadian, so your maternity leave question probably doesn't apply to me. I'll most likely be taking an early leave at the end of December like I did with my other two. ( I go off on medical leave early, I have a difficult time working my shifts and my Dr's have always encouraged me to go off when I feel like it's getting hard. )

4. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@raspberries: I get six weeks at 60% under short term disability. I can take an additional six weeks under FMLA unpaid, but use any accrued PTO.
    I will have just over 2 weeks PTO accrued. Kind of bummed.
    So I'll take 4 weeks unpaid which will totally suck. I'm really hoping DH has a job by then to cover us. I'm also trying to save an extra few hundred a month

5. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Has anyone tried these corn dogs from trader joes!!! The kids at school keep having them on the menu and I love corn dogs lol!

6. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Ah, I'm jealous you can feel movement now! I had an anterior placenta the first time around too, so I think it'll be another month or so until I can feel it. I'm so ready now though!

@Mrs. Pen: Your current arrangement is what I have now too - 6 weeks of short-term disability, then unpaid or use your PTO. That's what I did with LO1, but I still haven't recovered (PTO-wise) from his birth and subsequent daycare sicknesses. The new maternity leave will supposedly be keeping the first 6 weeks on disability, but then they'll offer you 8 weeks fully-paid that you can either take immediately, or on-and-off throughout the next year. Here's hoping!

@Weswife: Haha, I haven't tried those! I've been kind of off meat this whole pregnancy for some reason - not really an aversion, but just never feeling in the mood for it if something else is available (like carbs, ha.)

7. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: oh I eat carbs like crazy too!!! Last night dinners was Doritos with homemade cheese sauce! Because that's healthy

8. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Weswife: damnit now I want those!

As for my maternity, last time I believe I received 6 weeks PFL, and 6 weeks SDI @ 55% salary. My boss last time offered me 1 months salary as well. This time I called him (he is in NY) and we had our convo about the amount of time I am taking off, and he pretty much said sounds good, just work out the scheduling locally with the team there. Do I uncomfortably ask for 1 months pay again? Or leave it alone?

9. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: see!!!!

10. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

Good morning!

I am 13 weeks today (yay!) and I am still really, really struggling with being absolutely exhausted at all times. I have just enough energy to make it through the workday, and that's it. I come home at 6pm and either lay down on the couch to watch TV or lay down in bed to read. I have rarely been able to exercise, go to the store, cook dinner, or anything else other than completely veg when I get home. Then I'm going to sleep around 8pm (or earlier) every night.

I know I have a bit of anemia, which I've been taking iron for, but that only seems to help me feel even more constipated (which is another post!) and not help with the energy level.

For those of you who have been through this before, do you know when I should expect to start feeling a little more energy? Is this normal?

Happy first day of fall!

11. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Aspen: I'm not much help there. I've really struggled with low energy, too. But at 13 +3 I'm starting to have a few good days in a row. I'm hoping the next week or two brings more and more good days.

We got to see babe at our NT scan yesterday! Measuring right on track, which is awesome. I'm starting, slowly, to feel better, though the nausea has not gone away for good. I'm hoping the cooler weather will help...whenever it gets here!

Also, I need maternity pants stat. Things are getting ridiculous around the middle over here.

12. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: If the cheese sauce was homemade, then it's TOTALLY healthy. For dinner last night, I had a hot pocket, a cup of frozen cherries, and half a piece of pizza my son didn't finish - so yeah, I think the healthy boat is sinking over here.

@Aspen: I have anemia too - it got to the point last pregnancy where I had to have iron infusions, so I'm really hoping to avoid that this time. I've been taking oral supplements since I found out I was pregnant again, and juuust had the conversation with my doctor about constipation on Monday, haha. She said prune juice, lots of fluids, and stool softener. Ugh.

In regards to exhaustion, I'm 16+4 today, and still not up to regular energy levels but it's much better than I was a few weeks ago. Even still, by the time my son goes to bed at 7:30/8, I'm pretty much down for the count. I've been trying to counter it by being more productive in the mornings - I have just enough time to start a load of laundry and switch it to the dryer before I leave for work, and I do general tidying in the morning instead of trying to squeeze it in before bed time (because it just won't happen if I try to do it at 8PM.) It's hard to still be a functioning human when you feel like 10 hours of sleep isn't enough!

13. Mrs. Pen

Omg I had my first "are you pregnant?" Question 😱 It was a patient I hadn't seen in awhile akdni asked if the other nurse told him but he said, no I can tell and you look pregnant.
    I'm 13 weeks and barely showing hahaha. Maybe I look bigger than I thought! I'm even wearing a slightly oversized sweater today.

14. Mrs. Pen

@raspberries: @Aspen: omg the exhaustion is killing me. Just like you aspen, I go to work and that's all I've got to give. I go home and lie on the couch and watch tv and cuddle with my son.
    I'm also taking a class right now and so I try to do some homework but it's rough!

In other news, I started seeing my therapist again. I haven't seen her since June. I was in a good place and in my meds. When I found out I'm pregnant, I went off my meds. I've definitely have some increased episodes of anxiety and two real antiexy attacks since going off my meds. So it was really good to talk about it.
    Anyone else with depression and anxiety? Are you staying on your meds while pregnant?

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I have anxiety, and I'm staying on modified meds. I switched to Abilify before I got pregnant, and we recently upped the dose. There is no way I am doing this without meds or my weekly therapy visits. I had way too hard of a time last time to do that!

16. Mrs. Pen

My outfit today. Now I've had comments from two patients! Haha

17. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I can see it 😊... The bump is there

18. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: hahaha it's definitely not enough that'd it'd make me ask someone if they're pregnant lol!!! There was definitely a point in my life my stomach was bigger than this being overweight and never had someone ask me if I'm pregnant!

@LovelyPlum: aw well I hope you don't feel bad about taking meds or took from my post that I felt that way! Actually my midwives have been really supportive and urging me to be honest with myself if I need to go back on the meds. I was on celexa and it was wonderful. The effects on pregnancy are unknown, so I did want to avoid it for first trimester. I'm keeping an open mind.
    What I miss the most is my Ativan I don't think there's anything similar that would be safe for pregnancy.

19. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I see the bump like @weswife 😊

20. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: the trader joes corn dogs are amazing!!! Omg!

@Mrs. Pen: well it could also be because we know haha! I don't know if I would ever ask anyone that question! I was asked but because I kept carrying around crackers

21. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Hi. I'm going to stop creeping now and join the board.

EDD: March 5

How far along: 17 weeks Sunday

First child? Nope. I have a 2.5 year old girl, Zuma.. And a 1.5 year old boy, pirate.

First doctor appointment: haven't been yet

Any symptoms so far? Sick as a freaking doc

Who have you told? My family and my husbands family. And I think that's all I might tell honestly. In April we had a failed adoption and it really crushed me. I still haven't "fully recovered" and I'm having a lot of anxiety that I'll leave the hospital again empty handed. Well birthing center but same thing. I'm seriously a freaking buzzkill right now. I'm so grateful to be pregnant but am still mourning the sweet baby I loved on for 36 hours before the mom decided she wanted to parent after all. I know, so silly. Anyways, hello!!!

22. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@anonysquire: aww very cute!!! Hello and welcome!

Don't worry the fear is understandable!

23. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@oskarsmommy: In regards to your one month paid that you got last time but weren't offered this time - can you follow-up on your phone call with an email to your boss and say something like: "I'm planning to take 3/10 - 4/16 on PFL, 4/17 - 5/20 on SDI, and then 5/21 - 6/21 using my one month of fully paid leave, so I'll be out of the office 3/10-6/21 with 6/22 my first day back. Let me if this looks alright and I'll present it to the team." So in other words, can put the impetus on him to have to turn down your that month of fully paid leave, instead of you having to ask awkwardly about it?

@Mrs. Pen: You look good - but definitely no where near pregnant enough for someone to ask if you were pregnant.

@anonysquire: Welcome, due date twinsie! I think after suffering a loss like that, it's totally normal to mourn and feel anxious about this new pregnancy. Give yourself time to come to terms with your new reality, but just know that you're always welcome around these parts!

24. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 4: JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries , anonysquire
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty
    March 21: Coffee-Lover , daniellemybelle
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope, islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum; Mrs. Pen
    March 31: beth24; Aspen
    April 2: mrsmacSLP

25. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Weswife: thank you

@raspberries: thanks! Ya it's still taking a bit of time for me. My mom has been pestering me to announce the pregnancy to everyone and I have no desire to, so she went ahead and announced for me. Thanks mom. Glad to be here

26. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@raspberries: oh and I'm team green

27. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@anonysquire: Ahhh, mothers. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. And yay, I love living vicariously through team greenies!

28. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: Welcome! Yay for another team green baby #3! So sorry to hear about the failed adoption, that must have been very painful. Cute announcement pic!

29. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@lilyann: thank you

30. Mrs. Pen

Ahhh I just scheduled my 20 week ultrasound and prenatal visit with the attending OB at my midwife practice. November 8- it's sooo far away!
    I think I'm gonna be the last one here (who isn't team green) to find out the gender!

31. Mrs. Pen

@anonysquire: congrats!!
    I'm so sorry about the adoption I could t imagine how painful that would be. I had a friend from high school go through something similar. They had their son for almost six months before the dad fought to get the baby back. They were absolutely heart broken. So so devastating 😢

32. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Mrs. Pen: That does seem far away 👎 October always seems to fly by though!

Had an appointment today (14 weeks), baby looked great!

33. Mrs. Pen

@lilyann: omg sooooo cute!!! Ah! It's like a real little baby in there 💗💗💗💗💗

I was hoping they'd let me do it a week early hahaha but nope. I think they really want it in your twentieth week.

34. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Mrs. Pen: yes it's been rough. Luckily the dad was in jail or that would have added even more worry. I obviously can't blame the mom for choosing to parent but shortly after she ended up in jail too. But everything happens for a reason I guess. No idea the reason lol. But thanks. I've had a weird range of emotions lately.

35. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@lilyann: what a sweet face!!!

36. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@lilyann: so sweet!!

We are Team Green, too

37. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: it's exciting to see you here! I'm really sorry about the failed adoption, that must have been extremely tough.
    That sucks your mom announced this pregnancy, maybe she felt like if everyone knew, and they were excited, that it would help you feel less anxiety about it? Who knows.

@lilyann: great pic! I can't wait to see our little, we only get 1 ultrasound at 20 weeks ( well aside from the dating one where you see a blob!)

38. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: very cute!

39. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Mrs. Pen: nope! I'm last on the list and won't find out gender until The week of Thanksgiving! And we are definitely find out out!

40. Mrs. Pen

@mrsmacSLP: thanksgiving seems so far away!! With my original due date based on LMP, I would have found out on Halloween!! How fun would that be.
    I suppose aspen and Beth24 are a few days after me- they could do it the same week

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee