Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

@raspberries: Yes, I'm having a girl.

2. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Are any of the other team green moms freaking out!! I wasn't like this the first time I was team green, but now I'm like going crazy haha. Maybe it's the stressful due date thing, I'm almost wanting to cave and find out. But then I remember how it seems to make labor easier for me because I get so excited to find out the gender.

3. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: This is my first time being team green ( though I'll bet anything it's a girl.. I don't need an ultrasound to tell me haha) but it's really starting to stress me out. I really want to know so when we move into our new place I have a better idea about who will share rooms.. how to decorate. Do I need to go and buy some boy clothes just incase? I just feel so scattered!
    You have one of each right, a girl and boy?

4. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@MrsB2012: yes I have one of each!! I got a gender neutral coming home outfit for this time! But with my first I was team green and just brought a girl and a boy outfit. And then the next day sent my husband out to buy all the girl clothes he could find. But it doesn't hurt to get some gender neutral baby clothes til you can get out and shop.

5. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

Hey gang- been laying low and resting most days (with a toddler that's always a challenge though). I've been having wicked sciatic pain, or whatever is happening on my right side. Usually is aggravated by lifting, walking, breathing, etc.

I had my extra ultrasound before Christmas and baby looks great and is growing on track. Oddly my cord is no longer marginal, so the doctor isn't quite sure how that happened because placentas don't typically "grow" this late in pregnancy? She's not worried and chalked it up to maybe a bad read at the anatomy scan. I still have these thoughts though that he's not growing like he should. I can't imagine what you're going through @anonysquire! Dealing with your dates constantly changing would drive me bonkers, at a minimum.

As far as nursery goes, we're pretty much done. We just had new floors put in so I wasn't able to set anything up until those were done. That process started way back in September, so I'm so glad that it's done. The crib and dresser were delivered yesterday and now all we really need is a baby. And clothes, his drawers are hilariously sparse! LOL

We have our date set for the scheduled C-section and I think knowing the date is making the home stretch all the more difficult. I'm just done, tired, touched-out and exhausted from caring after everyone else. I know that it sounds super ungrateful of me, but most days I'm just counting down time until nap time or bedtime so I can not be needed anymore. I don't know how I'm going to manage another life. Anyway, Feb. 27th is the date... wish me luck... lol

Love hearing from you all and following along as we all do this crazy venture.

6. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@JennEn: feb 27!!!! Awesome!!!!!!! Also I need to buy clothes too haha! And a car seat!

7. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

I have my ultrasound tomorrow and I'm so nervous!!! Partly to drive there because the weather here is awful right now and the roads are super icy, but also to find out the results. I don't even know what to think they might tell me. But if I hear one more mention of "you must have calculated your due date wrong" I might scream haha. Hope I can sleep tonight!!

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@LoveHope: Awww, congrats on the girl! I'm wondering if a lot of our team green mamas are going to have girls too, since we seem to have so many more boys expected.

@JennEn: So glad to hear your cord issue resolved itself - what a relief! We're still working on the nursery... or more accurately, the nursery is done and ready to go, we just have to move my son OUT of it and into his new bedroom (which is what we need to work on.) I'm really hoping to tackle that this weekend, but man, I just have no energy.

@anonysquire: Fingers crossed your ultrasound goes well today!

9. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-

March 4 (scheduled for Feb 27): JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries , anonysquire
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty , kick641
    March 21: daniellemybelle
    March 22: codeitall
    March 24: lilyann
    March 26: LoveHope , islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum , Mrs. Pen
    March 30: Aspen
    March 31: beth24
    April 2: mrsmacSLP

Always in our hearts :
    Coffee-Lover's baby boy

10. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: Thinking of you today! Hope all goes well and that baby is super healthy

11. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: @MrsB2012: I have never been team green before this pregnancy and I am dying to know who is in my belly! lol Its made finishing the nursery, buying a few special outfits and falling in love with a name very difficult. I get this feeling that I will be shocked either way! haha

@JennEn: This month!!! That's so soon! Excited for you

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@JennEn: sorry to hear about your sciatic pain. Have you tried the chiropractor? It makes a world of a difference for me.
    Feb 27th! That's so soon! So exciting!

@anonysquire: Hope you get some decent answers at your appt today!

@raspberries: oh I bet you could add me to team pink.. having 2 girls I feel like the possibility of having a boy is super super slim haha. My husband will die of shock if we end up with a boy haha

@lilyann: What genders are your other kid(s)(?) that you already have?

13. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@MrsB2012: 2 boys!

14. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

@raspberries: Thanks. I'm so excited about having a girl.

15. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Just had the ultrasound and they said now the head is measuring right on track but the abdomen and femur length are still measuring like 4 weeks behind. They said they will call in like 3 days when the radiologist can look at it. So not sure where that leaves me now. Don't want to google haha!!

16. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Thank you ladies for thinking of me today

17. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: oh man... well good for you for staying off google - that never does anyone any good.. hopefully this doesn't really mean anything, will be thinking of you until you post an update.

18. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@oskarsmommy: thanks. I made the mistake of asking if it meant it was a little person (nothing wrong with that if it is!!!!) but they told me I wouldn't know til after birth anyways. Hopefully it's nothing and my child just has a giant brain haha.

19. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: that's what I am honestly thinking - big head & big brain

20. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Hahaha, I'm the same way, but with boys - we'll have two boys after this little one gets here, and I think we're going to try for one more after this... but I'd be totally shocked if the third one is a girl! I don't think I'd know what to do with her, haha!

@anonysquire: Glad it went well!

21. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Well I got the call back and baby has iugr. Now we're waiting to hear from a perineonatologist to see what we do.

22. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: oh no! I'm so sorry - I'm sure this is stressful and scary. I don't know too much about IUGR - but I can imagine hearing this can be overwhelming. Please keep us posted on what peri says.

23. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: Oh my goodness Keeping you and baby in my thoughts and prayers.

24. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@anonysquire: Sending lots of love!

25. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: hope you're doing ok. I don't know much about iugr, but I hope things turn out ok. Thinking of you

26. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

Been awhile since I caught up here... I'll have to go back and reply to everyone.. just wanted to ask though- is there anyone else who is just ready to be DONE?!?

The insomnia, heartburn/acid reflux, PAIN with every movement and lately feeling like I just gained another 20 lbs... I'm tired of being pregnant and ready to hold my baby! I can't believe I still have (potentially) 10 weeks left.

I have my next appt (30 weeks) on Tuesday.

We're also no closer to a name. We have a "short list" of 6 names.... and a long list of ten names. Lately every time DH brings up names I just don't even want to talk about it haha. I think he'll end up being named once he's born. We had a name picked out by now for our first and it feels so odd to still just call this one "baby"

27. Mrs. Pen

@anonysquire: oh my gosh I'm so sorry. That's so hard especially with all the other stress too. Does that affect your ability to birth at the center?

@raspberries: same! I think we may go for a third as well. We'll be cautiously hoping for a girl to round out our two boys- but totally understand we could have three boys! I think it'd be tough at first for DH, he really wants a daughter. I do too, but I was surprised at how hard he took it this time to have a second boy.

@JennEn: I feel you on just feeling absolutely exhausted and done. I feel like with my first, I didn't feel like this until about 34 weeks. I remember feeling really good until that point. This time around, it's been a little hard. I'm also working full time, and I wasn't last time. DH still doesn't have a job and I really expected him to find something by now. So it's a lot of stress to be sole breadwinner. I only get 6 weeks at 60%, then will have enough PTO for about 2.5 weeks. The remaining 4ish weeks will be unpaid and I'm super nervous about that.

28. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I am really ready to be done too. I haven't checked in here much because it's been one thing after another with one of us always being sick and the holidays. Being pregnant is not as fun this go-around. Not that giving birth or having a newborn will be a piece of cake, but I am also really ready to get to the point of why we got pregnant in the first place - meeting our baby boy! LO is so excited and I feel like it has been forever for her, too, haha. Every day she says, "Is the baby bigger yet!?"

29. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Just wanted to check in really quick. I'm not really sure about all my results yet and weights and due dates and all that. I don't even know where I'll be able to give birth. I had an appt with a mfm yesterday and she totally dismissed the iugr that the baby was diagnosed with last week and just said that my due date needs to be pushed back 4 weeks. Again, more freaking due date drama. As if I haven't been defending the damn due date for 13 weeks now or anything. When my midwife (who was at the appt with me) heard that she said, ya... No it's impossible. And the mfm said "well I don't know what to tell you". So needless to say we have an appt next week with the original doctor who said iugr. Just so we can hopefully clear stuff up. The reason I didn't see this other doctor originally is because they are not covered under insurance. But what do you do?

Oh I've also upped my protein to 120 grams a day so I'm hoping the baby will GROW!!!! I'm 32-33ish weeks and the baby is 2.4 pounds. So hopefully we will see some growth by next ultrasound. Who knows though.

Anyways here's a little pic of the baby. To me it looks like there's a pack of donuts in there so I'm surprised the baby isn't growing!!!

Hope everyone is doing well

30. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: I can't believe the roller coaster you are on with this pregnancy! Hope you get some firm answers soon!!

31. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@anonysquire: Between the IUGR and due date craziness, I bet you're excited for this pregnancy to be over - here's hoping they can work things out for you!

Agree that I'm getting to the super uncomfortable stage... my last pregnancy was during the summer, and I'm really missing summer skirts and dresses right now. Most of my work pants are starting to dig in and be pretty uncomfortable, but I feel like it's a waste of money to buy a size up/new ones at this point.

My next appt is on Wednesday (I'll be 34+3), and my blood tests have confirmed that my platelets are steadily dropping and I'm having iron absorption issues - I'm thinking we'll make a plan for induction this week. Looking forward to all of these sweet babies making their appearances soon!

32. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: Any update from the Dr who said IUGR? I guess it's only Monday so probably not. I hope you get some strong answers soon.

@raspberries: Plans to induce this week?!

We moved into our new house at the end of last week. It's been crazy and I've totally overdone it a few days. It's really hard not to do too much because I just want everything done! I'm going into serious nesting mode now that we're in the house and can get everything set up. I think I'll wait until after the baby is born before I paint the nursery and stuff though. I'd love to do it now, but being team green is making it too hard to make decisions, so I think I'll just start doing the toddler room first.

33. Mrs. Pen

@raspberries: omg it's. easy to think you're over 34 weeks and could be delivering within the next two weeks possibly!! Gah! I think you're one of the first March mamas.
    It still feels so far off for me (31 weeks, so due at very end of March).

@MrsB2012: yay!!! Sooo exciting about being home!
    We tried to get a house before this baby was born, but inventory here is so scarce. We did submit an offer a few weeks back and would have closed two weeks before due date 😳 But the offer wasn't accepted. So at this point I'm okay with moving after baby arrives- and actually moving on maternity leave would be better cause I won't be working.

@daniellemybelle: haha we told my son back at like 5-6 weeks so I'm sure it's felt like eternity to him! He likes seeing my belly get bigger, and every Monday morning we check my ovia app and see what size the baby is- today is 31 weeks and baby is size of an otter or foam finger 😂😂 it's been so cute doing this with my four year old! He's so involved in my pregnancy, it's precious. He loves to talk to his brother 😍💗

Okay the groin pain is nearly unbearable 😭😭 we went to IKEA on Saturday and walked like 6000 steps and I was in so much pain. I feel so weak lol. I read online someone used heat and ice and that was just weird lol and didn't seem to help. Anyone else??

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Hahaha, yeah, I definitely meant that we'll be making a plan for when to induce at this appointment, not that the induction itself will be this week! I'm hoping to make it to at least 38 weeks, but we'll have to see what the doctor says. Just the thought of going earlier makes me panic a little - so much I still have to do! Speaking of getting stuff done, congrats on the new house!! How exciting!

@Mrs. Pen: Equally exciting and terrifying - I still need to get the baby stuff out of storage, install the car seat, pack my hospital bag, finish the nursery...AHHH

35. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: When is your appt this week? I really hope you get some answers!

@MrsB2012: Congrats on the new house, hope it comes together soon so you can relax!

@Mrs. Pen: No advice, just commiseration! Whenever I get to that point, I declare that mama is done and I need to rest, ha.

Not much going on over here, 32 weeks this week. My best friends (all on baby #3) are 35 and 37 weeks this week, so it's been fun to guess when we think each other will go into labor. I'm so jealous they are almost done. We have been planning a vacation during my maternity leave, so that's been something to look forward to! Just can't come soon enough!

36. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@oskarsmommy: @raspberries: @lilyann: hey ladies, my appt was yesterday. It didn't go well. I haven't really talked to my family about it (besides husband and parents) and can't really bring myself to talk about it here. Baby isn't growing and won't. Diagnosed with a pretty big bomb. Anyways hopefully I can swallow it and share more in a bit. Still kind of in shock. But ya, I won't be delivering at the birthing center. I'll need to give birth at the hospital right next to the children's hospital in the city. I'll be induced feb 24 if I haven't had the baby yet. Thanks for checking on me.

37. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. Praying for the best possible outcome and for you to be at peace. We are here whenever you are ready.

38. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: oh no - I'm so sorry. I will also be praying for you more baby, and hope for a miracle - they do happen all the time. I understand not wanting to share, but we are here if you want to vent.

39. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

@anonysquire: I'm so sorry..processing this must be so hard, I can't imagine what you're going through.

40. Mrs. Pen

@anonysquire: I'm so, so sorry.. I totally understand not wanting to discuss it yet. Hugs. I'll be thinking of you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee