Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@oskarsmommy: @Weswife: Great pictures!
    Is that your bathroom @oskarsmommy? looks amazing!

2. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@MrsB2012: yep - it's my bathroom. We renovated when we bought though now I'd change 100 things!!

3. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

Since everyone else is..this is me at 38 weeks..I'm ready but also not ready for this baby to come out. I'm hoping she can last through the weekend so I can get some last minute work in.

4. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Pinkberrry: me too. I am off all next week (had two days off this week) and was loving how glorious it was to be off during the week with no kids, solo. I got so much done! I would love at least a few more days next week to wrap up some home projects. I have a feeling this full moon coming up is gonna get me though.

5. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Pinkberrry: looking great! Love your bed!

6. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@oskarsmommy: You look amazing!!

@Weswife: Love the silhouette shot, not too much longer!

@Pinkberrry: All belly!

@oskarsmommy: Ahh, the full moon! Now I am searching the webs for full moon/labor theories! ha.

7. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: omg gosh! Our hospital already told us that full moon it's packed! Hoping baby can hold out till next week! Docs appt. today he will let me know.

8. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

Wow- I am sooo behind here- so sorry!!
    But I did want to update that we had our sweet boy at 12:42am on 3/10. Born a little unexpectedly via cesarean- but everything went so well and we are both doing great!! His name is Logan 💗 He is absolutely wonderful. His big brother is enamored with him and cannot stop holding and loving on him. He was so distraught yesterday that he needed to leave us at the hospital! We get to go home tomorrow though.

Oh and he is a tiny little thing! I was only 37+4. He weighed 5 lbs 12 ounces at birth and has dropped a little weight and is down to 5 lbs 5 ounces. Just a peanut! 💗

9. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Mrs. Pen: The pictures of him and big bro are killing me! They are sooo precious Their bond is going to be so special. My boys have gotten so close the past year and I cannot wait to see both of them become big brothers to this little one!

10. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: @oskarsmommy: I was going to go outside last night and do a full moon dance but it wasn't visible Husband looked at me like I was insane.

11. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: no baby yet and I was sent home today from work! I have been crying all day because my doctor is leaving on Thursday till the 30th and I can't stand the idea of another person delivering our son! Holy cow! I need this baby to come! Either labor needs to start right now or my water needs to burst!!!!

12. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@lilyann: ah!! a moon dance! I should have done that..

baby is sitting tight - no complaints here

13. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: Oh no! I hate that it puts you on a timeline. Do you know who the back up doc will be?

14. codeitall

clementine / 874 posts

@Weswife: oh no! That is such a long time for a doctor to be gone! My doctor is also going out of town 2 days after my due date for a week, but he said he'd tell me who would be his backup by next week if this baby hasn't shown up yet. My induction at 41 weeks would be while he is gone, so we're just making sure our doctor gets everything written down in the medical system the way we want it.

@Mrs. Pen: Congrats! I love little babies! Out of curiosity, does he swim in the newborn size? I'm considering bringing preemie clothes to the hospital after my first was pretty small.

@oskarsmommy: I hope I'm as pragmatic as you when I get to my due date!

Well ladies, my awesome job interview went off great (ok, I'm pretty sure I rocked it), but it has been two weeks and despite a followup, I've heard nothing Oh well. I wonder if I had directly addressed being pregnant if things would have gone differently, instead I just confirmed they would be ok with a start date in April in the phone interviews.

15. Mrs. Pen

@codeitall: yes! Hardly anything fits him- even Carter's newborn which is the smallest new Jen size I've seen. My mom did find him a few preemie outfits and they fit perfectly. He lost 8% body weight, and right now he'd 5 lbs 6.5 ounces.
    The gerber newborn onesies do fit pretty well.
    I have yet to find socks or booties that fit at all! His feet are tiny!

So sorry you haven't heard back on the interview yet!! Ugh so frustrating to wait.

16. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: @codeitall: I basically just get the doctor on call! So I have an appt tomorrow to meet who is on call through Sunday then if he still hasn't arrived after that I don't know. I was also taken off work. Boo we thought he might come today I have cramps like and they were around 6 mins apart for about three hours and then completely stopped! We were very ready to meet little man today so now I am super disappointed! My doc would have been able to deliver if he came today!

17. Mrs. Pen

@codeitall: my little 5.5 lb babe swimming in his newborn sleeper 😍

18. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen:

@Weswife: I had a Dr oncall for this delivery. I had never met her before, but it was fine!

19. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

It's been so quiet around here lately but I know a bunch of us are due soon! Anyone thinking they will have a baby this weekend?

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@lilyann: I was thinking of you and wondering if you've had yours yet! I'm excited to see if you have a girl or boy!

21. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

I just had my second NST - and dr felt my belly and said baby's head is still high. I guess I just like to hold onto my babies longer. I don't think I'm having him anytime too soon!

22. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

I am just over 38 weeks now and ready (emotionally) to deliver at any minute! I am feeling very over it at this point and ready to see if I'm having a little girl or little boy. We have an appointment this afternoon so will see if anything is moving along or not.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Hopefully there will be more news on the delivery board

23. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@MrsB2012: The anticipation is getting to me!

@oskarsmommy: How are you doing? This baby's head has been higher too and hasn't effaced at all

@Aspen: How did your appointment go??

24. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

@lilyann: My appointment was totally uneventful, but thank you for asking! Everything is still the same; my cervix is soft but not dilated. I know that could mean nothing but was a little discouraging. I have another appointment on Wednesday so we'll see.

I am eating so many dates and doing a lot of bouncing on my yoga ball! My due date isn't until 3/30 I'm just hoping not to have to go another 10 days.

25. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@lilyann: still pregnant over here! In laws in town, IN my small house, driving me crazy!! Feel like an asshole if we ask them to stay elsewhere, but I so don't want them up my space right now!

I did Accupuncture this morning then had another NST and had some steady contractions 5 mins apart, but that has fizzled out. I'm going for a foot massage tonight (to escape!) and praying I'm woken up tonight. I'm so ready.

26. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Aspen: I hope it happens soon for you!! The end can be so torturous!!

@oskarsmommy: Ack! You are a saint for taking them in! I hope it happens soon for you so you can escape to the hospital

27. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

I am in labor - not gonna lie - I'm a little scared!

28. Mrs. Pen

@oskarsmommy: whaaat!!!! Ahhhhh so happy for you! You got this, mama!

29. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@oskarsmommy: YAY!!! You can do it! So excited for you!!

30. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

@oskarsmommy: Good luck to you! Sending you a lot of peaceful labor vibes!

31. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@oskarsmommy: good luck!!

32. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Moms did any of you get a hemorrhoid from pushing? On your other labors? If so how do I get it to go away? Any pointers! It's awful!!!

33. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: It'll go away ( or shrink haha) in time. Tuck pads help a bit, advil will help with the pain and swelling. I used padsicles to help ( with my first labor as that was worse.) You can get Apple cider vinegar and put it on a cotton ball and press it on there ( it stings, but is one of the better cures.) Any hemorrhoid ointment you get off the shelf wont make it go away, you need to get a prescription to get something that will actually work. Sorry momma, they suck!

34. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

How are you new mommies doing?
    So far so good for us. My in laws treated us to a night nurse last night - holy magical land of sleep! This baby was swaddles with no fight(what!?) and slept ALL NIGHT LONG - even through the feeds. We have been having to have his sleep on our chests at night - she got him down in 5 mins!

35. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@oskarsmommy: oh that's us!!! Baby won't sleep unless we hold him or he is next yo me! It's killer

36. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

I am not a new mommy yet. My due date is tomorrow and I feel like I've just started the waiting game. I'm trying to be realistic about how long I'm going to have to wait to meet this baby. Maybe I should have joined the April mom's board instead

37. Beth24

cherry / 223 posts

@Aspen: Same here! I was actually due yesterday and the anticipation is getting to me. Doesn't help that everyone at work/friends/family are constantly asking me if the baby is here...lol.

38. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

@Weswife: yes, and I was only pushing for 35 mins! I swear my ass hurt more after than any other part of my body. I'm still taking stool softeners as a precaution against painful poopies.

@oskarsmommy: my husband and I gave up on swaddling on day 2..we just didn't have any knack for it and our baby is a big "hands in mouth" soother so now we just sleep sack her and swaddle her with her arms out so I don't have to worry about her suffocating like I had been.

Overall, as a first time mom, I never imagined how hard the first week would be..between being in discomfort after labor, chapped nipples, and getting almost no sleep I'm finally feeling a turning point and I feel like our baby is getting into a routine. The past 2 nights she has gone down around midnight and woken me for only 2 feedings during the night and has gone back to sleep after..I swear, babies push you to the end of your sanity then they're like oh okay here's a break for you mom. I'm hoping we continue this consistency, though every night I have anxiety that she'll be up for hours in the middle of the night like the first week.

39. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

I won't make a long post because I kind of just disappeared after my initial post instead of sticking around, but I had my baby girl on March 15th and everything went well. I only spent about 15 minutes in the hospital before she came, so I'll definitely have to remember to leave the house earlier next time. Hope everyone is enjoying their new babies!

40. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Pinkberrry: we go to bed to around midnight too! Then wake up twice but husband and I are so exhausted we do three sleeps and usually don't start our day till around 10am! We want to get up early and go to bed earlier but I don't know how to transition baby! First time
    Mommying is hard!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee