Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2018 POAS (2)

1. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Yeah I agree with you, I thought it was probably happening the day before the rise too, but when I really started to watch other symptoms like cm and cramping it didn't line it up with that. So I read some information about a delayed temp shift, which I found that sometimes it can take up to a couple days to get enough progesterone going to increase your bbt and that made a lot more sense with my chart. I know there is no what to know for sure without an ultrasound. Pretty much I've found that although charting is the best tool we have there is not one size fits all with it, so who knows. I've been covering my bases for both possibilities so it wasn't a big deal, I just thought it was interesting that I had a more "traditional" rise timing this time. I've been using my usual bbt along with my tempdrop and the shift coincides at this point.

2. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: You two are like rabbits!

I've read some opinions that recent studies don't support the EOD thing anyway even with male factor issues. The more sperm you get up there the better your chances. I think they just found that your chances don't decrease *that much* going to EOD. I think it's more of a convenience suggestion so people don't burn out. But if you're feeling it, then no harm no foul.

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I wish ultrasounds were more accessible just to know for sure when you ovulate because I also find it super interesting how different everyone is

Haha my husband was not happy about eod but I've been burned out/feel like we should try something different. But I'm a morning sex person and my little has been conveniently sleeping in so 😂

That's what I've been reading lately. That lots of sperm is great but fresher sperm are often better swimmers. I don't think they really know. It's just a small possibility every month so it's a numbers game. Regardless of what statistics say. I do have a midwife appointment today, just to run my concerns by her and get an order for cd3 labs, 7dpo progesterone and maybe an sa order for hubby

4. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: Good luck! I'll be interested to hear what she has to say. I really do think it's just a roll of the dice. I have a friend who just found out she was pregnant after 7 well timed cycles with no reason to think something was wrong with either of them, it just took that long to get a Yahtzee.

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I'm still kinda pissed that I did an annual in September, with a different practice, and that midwife didn't suggest blood work. Now I'll likely have to pay for it out of pocket because it's not connected to an annual visit. But glad to be making sure all is good and we'll hopefully all be pregnant soon! 🍀🍀

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Midwife is happy to do labs starting cd1 or 2 this coming cycle as well as progesterone. She thinks likely everything is fine and that perhaps weaning my little made things a bit weird and that I may have had crappy eggs because your body pulls a lot of extra stuff into making milk, even if your cycle was regular during. So here's hoping I don't have to do labs on my birthday!

Best part it's a small birth center so I didn't have to sit in a waiting room with pregnant women for an hour!

7. FoolsintheRain

olive / 63 posts

@MamaBear87: thats interesting. I kinda wonder if nursing my 22 is linked to my early miscarriage last cycle. Actively weaning now (which is making me symptom spot re sore boobs like crazy this tww 😂). I was nursing 2x a day last cycle pre loss and am now down to 1x every other day or so. Hoping it leads to a sticky baby

8. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: That’s nice to hear that she wasn’t a stickler for the whole year of trying. When did you wean? Just from lurking around here it seems like that can DEFINITELY have a significant impact even though it appears you have your regular cycle back.

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: 12 months is a long time if you've been doing a decent job of timing 😂. She thinks I'll likely be calling them in March to set up prenatal appointments so here's hoping!

I had a positive opk yesterday and insane o cramps so I'm guessing I od yesterday, cd13, my chart started rising after cd12 so I'm legitimately confused. Either of these is early for me. Acupuncture was also really nice yesterday.

@FoolsintheRain: there's a couple mommas in here that had issues with mc while still breastfeeding but I also know mommas who didn't wean until after being pregnant or who didn't wean. Everyone is different. From what she was saying it sounds like I may have been better off trying before I weaned my little as my hormones would have been more stable. But that's totally speculation

10. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: No kidding! I think the TCOYF advice of 4-6 months of good timing is a lot more reasonable.

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: I think a year is crazy to not even do basic labs to make sure everything is good. We'll likely try for another 5-6 months if everything is good before talking fertility treatments of any sort but I can't imagine how crushed I would be if we'd waited 12 months and then found out I had a thyroid issue or something.

12. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Just stopping by to wish everyone luck I'll be joining eventually, waiting for my irregular AF to start Have an Appt with OB on the 28th so I'm hoping he will have some tips on getting regular.

13. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: @BadgerMom: so, is that the case - that they do labs early in your cycle? I'm curious because I'm going to see my doc tomorrow and wondering what the appointment will be like. I'm mid-cycle right now. Figured I didn't want to make an appointment when AF is here in case she wanted an exam.

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Cd 10, just started opks today, and it was pretty dark, so hopefully I’ll get a positive in a couple of days. I already told dh to plan to come home for lunch the rest of the week 🤣

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@FoolsintheRain: I am afraid that nursing is going to keep me from getting pregnant too. I have been trying to wean, but he was sick last week and dehydrated, so I ended up nursing more lol. I’m going to try to get back down to once a day, and hope that’s enough.

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: hope you start soon!

@Ginaandcorey: they generally do labs on cd1,2, or 3 for baseline levels. And then another draw on cd21, more ideally 7dpo, to see where your progesterone is to judge if ovulation occurred

@LAZB: i did a terrible job with opks this month but happened to catch my surge yesterday. Hope your positive is soon!

17. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Okay, I made the mistake of asking Amazon to send my OPK kit the long way and it's still not here so I'm using these silly things still. But I didn't think to take them until yesterday. Thoughts? Ovulation soon?

18. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: thanks for the info!
    @LAZB: I like the idea of a nooner.
    @MrsMom: sorry AF is taking her sweet time. That is the worst. You want it to arrive so you can just start another cycle already!!

ya'll talking about nursing your lo's makes me smile. It makes me hope for this even more (my first is going to be 6 soon).

19. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I might take that second one as a positive just in case, unless it looks different in real life.

20. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I agree the Second looks pretty positive if not very close!

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I do think the second one is positive:)
    And nooners are the way to go for us, with a 3 year old and a 15 month old, it’s the most convenient time!

22. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@LAZB: @BadgerMom: @MrsMom: and look what arrived today. Guess you were all right, time to go... 😉

23. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

When I see bad reviews on cheapie OPKs because of confusing results or being too hard to read, I always think... they obviously didn’t ask the hellobee girls.

24. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: seriously. Haha!
    @LAZB: phew, I'd say so! I'm glad you're able to make them work!

25. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

March POAS

POAS Date:
    Foolsintherain: 3/2
    BadgerMom: 3/5
    MamaBear87: 3/7
    Lazb: 3/8(ish)
    2MamaKrewe: 3/9
    GinaandCorey: 3/10
    Marfi: 3/11
    Mrs Lavender: 3/12
    YouBoots: 3/20
    lioneyes: 4/4

Any updates?

26. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Just wanted to jump in to wish everyone luck! I think I'm going to take a break for a few months. I wasn't really ready to start trying again, but DH wants it so bad, so I gave it a go in Feb. Hopefully I won't see any of you here when I start back in April or May!

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@karenbme: glad you're taking some time. I hope things go well for you going forward 😊

@BadgerMom: they're making them paler too which I think makes them even harder to read.

My chart is all sorts of weird this month. On the upside I think I od cd13 so back to normal hopefully!

28. FoolsintheRain

olive / 63 posts

@Ginaandcorey: thanks for doing the updated list!

I was in emerg all night with what I thought was a gallbladder attack but the emerg Doctor thought was a likely strained back. It's never felt like any strained back I've had but who knows. Waiting for a phone call from my family dr and hoping to get an ultrasound done at some point. Also hoping that this stress doesn't wreck my chances this month 😕

29. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

TTC is going to make me lose my freaking mind. I got a barely there/maybe positive last night at around 13 DPO. This morning with FMU, I got a squinter that only was for sure visible at an angle or an inverted pic. I'm thinking maybe a CP? I've always had pretty obvious BFPs the day before AF, so this is new territory!

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@nicollette1189: this sounds to me more like evap lines. Inverting doesn't really help as it pulls color from an evap just like it would from a real line

31. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

@MamaBear87: even on a pink dye test?

32. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@nicollette1189: yep. Pink dye doesn't have as many evaps but can still have them. Not saying you're out. Just that I'd be cautious about lines you have to alter the test to see

33. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Saw my OB today. She saw my age and immediately just documented me as infertile and referred me to an RE. She's really rooting for me... 😂 thankfully there's a place near work where I can be referred to. They'll do all the blood work and such... So, if this month doesn't happen, that's the plan.

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@nicollette1189: I’m so hopeful for you!

35. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

Had my monitoring appointment this morning and everything is all set for my transfer next Friday!

36. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Marfi: excellent news! So exciting!

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: hope insurance covers the basics with an re!

@Marfi: glad you got good news!

38. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@nicollette1189: Any update? Fingers crossed for you!

@Ginaandcorey: She's not wasting any time!

@Marfi:

39. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

4 dpo here and progesterone is making me tiiiired. <--- see what I did there. That's me not symptom spotting.

40. Marfi

clementine / 794 posts

@BadgerMom: Progesterone always makes me super sleepy too! I am starting my PIO shots back up on Sunday. Can’t you tell I’m super excited about getting stabbed in the rear again!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee