Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Glitter: yay! Glad you are in!

Poor DH, I have every spare pillow in the house in/around our bed! I pillow prop a zillion ways and sometimes get perfectly comfy. Then I have to blow my nose or something annoying (because breathing is key in all of this, argh! lol) and there's no way I'm finding that sweet spot again.

I ended up getting up, and just ate a giant bowl of fruit salad, wasn't hungry, but since finishing it I am now, how does that work.

Hopefully DD sleeps in so DH can too, we hosted Easter dins so she got to bed later than usual.

I need to get caught up!

@iluvpink: feeling ok! Walking without brace or crutches now (but probably shouldn't be) but knee is still locked, swelling is down, so aside from being able to straighten it fully, it is pretty normal, but very bruised now -the doctor at the hospital definitely didn't do it any good!

@junebugmama: glad you had a great sprinkle! Sounds like it was pretty perfect size wise and hope you enjoyed getting to spend that time with fam and friends, and the fun that came with despite feeling awkward about the gifts!

@cheesetomywhine: eeeeee congrats! Another arrival!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

I managed to not consume any chocolate related to Easter yesterday (I got a slushie and Reese pb cups at store mid-afternoon!) we will see how I make out today as the bag of mini eggs my Mom got us and brought over may not stand a chance!

Might get the shelves up in nursery today, buuuut I may wait until DH has a workday, easier to do without him around, haha.

2. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@cheesetomywhine: congratulations! glad you are both doing well

3. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@junebugmama: That was very sweet of them I am glad you had a good time!

4. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@cheesetomywhine: Congratulations, Mama!!! I think you posted a pic of your little daughter when she first saw him and OMG its just priceless

5. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@Beebug: Sometimes doctors do more damage than good right? well, I am glad that you are walking, but just take it easy, lady

6. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

morning all!

@Beebug: sounds so frustrating to find a good sleep position! I spend all night flopping from one side to the other, and sometimes propping myself at that 135 degree angle I'm having a particularly hard time.

I've also been waking hungry in the morning around 5am or so. So far I've always been able to ignore it, but it is definitely getting harder haha. yesterday I got up at 630am (on a sunday! sigh lol) because sleep just wasn't happening anymore. But every night I make it until at least 6 I feel pretty good about that.

Last night I think I had a few mild/irregular contractions (maybe BH? dunno) but they didn't go anywhere and I was able to go to sleep and they are gone this morning so who knows! I've decided that unless my water breaks, if I think I'm going into labor after 8pm my first plan is to just go to bed and try to sleep haha.

7. Keds

coffee bean / 39 posts

@cheesetomywhine: @apex: Congratulations mamas!

@junebugmama: I had horrible heartburn last time around with DD, these were the only thing that helped at all. http://www.amazon.com/American-Health-Products-chewable-tablets/dp/B00013Z13M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398105833&sr=8-1&keywords=papaya+enzyme

@beebug: I hope your knee continues to get better. That really sucks.

I had my ultrasound last week - baby is around 7 lbs now so they won't insist on inducing me early which makes me very happy. GBS test also came back negative so we're doing well over here.

We had DD's 2nd b-day party on Saturday and lots of Easter festivities on Sunday. I think it was just from standing all weekend and I was probably dehydrated, but my stomach was super crampy last night and I had a horrible side pain. I was sure that we were headed to the hospital, but I woke up this morning totally fine. I alternate between getting antsy and wanting this baby to stay in for as LONG as possible so we can finish getting ready. I guess the good news is that it finally motivated me to pack some things for the hospital, just in case.

8. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Keds: Got wall post, let me know if you don't see it in email inbox

My preggo buddy down the street is headed to the hospital! She was due yesterday, water broke last night, no contractions yet, but in they go for 5pm today I believe!! I am so excited for her!

I am trying to be lazy today, but cant get comfortable for the life of me....arghh!!

9. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

I think it is time to update our May list now that we have FOUR May babies!!

"May" Baby Birthdays!!!!

3/25 - The_Bees_Knees - Baby Boy Rowan (4 lb 11oz @ 34w3d)
    4/13 - Apex - Baby Boy and Baby Girl (5lb 4oz & 5lb 7oz @ 36w)
    4/20 - CheeseToMyWhine - Baby Boy Stephen Michael III (7lb 10oz @ 37w1d)

And for those of us still waiting on our LOs....

10. Apex

clementine / 770 posts

@Mae: lol @ 5ish lbs, babies were 5lbs and 4oz and 5lb 7oz. Babies are a bit of a handful, but We are doing great so far.

11. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Apex: haha will update. You weren't so specific before

12. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

All these babies!!

Thanks for updating @Mae: !

On the facebook group I am in thru babycentre Canada, there is a May baby born pretty much every day at this point, it is crazy.

It took me a while to figure it out, but those in black on our calendar have gone quiet on us, right? Hopefully they are all okay!

I really need to get going on finishing the nursery. Just going to start throwing stuff in there just to have it done. DH such a let down with help on this one.

DD has 18m appt tomorrow, and I have 37w appt. I am 37w today! Wednesday morning I see the orthopedic surgeon for the knee, go for a massage, and have my first counseling appt -we will see how that goes. I feel so busy, really want to slow time down, and know I need to rest lots too, for all sorts of reasons.

13. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: wow, busy week! I hope you find time (and a comfortable position) for relaxing in between all of these appointments this week.

And yes, black = they never told us if they were team pink/blue/green. Hopefully they are well and just lurking, or too busy to check in

Has anyone downloaded any labor apps? I just downloaded FullTerm because it seemed to get a lot of good reviews and it is free. Plus its super easy. I'm totally an app person so I think I'll like having the app to track contractions for me whenever they start. I've been feeling crampy all night, but we took a long walk before dinner so I'm thinking probably just that. Nothing painful or time-able so I have no hopes for tonight

14. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

J2 has roseola. I'm hoping that I don't get it! Also hoping that J3 gets here after we are free and clear of illness. I have my size ultrasound tomorrow. Hoping that we don't have to discuss induction. If so, the beautiful birth outline I made will go out the window! This isn't my design, I stole it

15. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@Mae: I use the "contractions" app by ibirth as a doula. I haven't really explored other options since it was suggested to me by another doula. I had DH put it on his phone too

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@junebugmama: aw, hope J2 gets better soon! Also, that is a great graphic! My midwife gave me a sample birth plan when we first talked about doing one and it was a great wall of text (like full paragraphs). I couldn't imagine any of the nurses would really have time to read it! I tweaked to do a bullet-point list because I thought it would be more skimmable, and this is what I came up with which my midwife approved. But I think the pics make it so easy for people to glance at and see what you want!

17. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: Yay for 37 weeks! Hope the orthopedic surgeon has good news regarding your knee. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with that among everything else!

@junebugmama: I like your birth graphic. Simple and clear! I hope J2 recovers quickly before J3 makes his appearance! Also hope the size US goes well and you're not pushed towards an unwanted induction.

@Mae: Exciting about the crampiness! Even if it's nothing timeable/consistent yet, it could be your body's way of starting to prepare. You're getting so close now. Nice birth plan too!

I am lame and don't really have a birth plan. Basically I want to do everything I can have to have them both vaginally and get skin to skin/breastfeeding as soon as possible. Other than that, I am sort of leaving it in the hands of my doctor. We are on the same page as far as vaginal delivery, so I feel good about that. She is also comfortable delivering Blake breach if he doesn't go head down after Alice vacates the premises, which I'm happy about. Other than that, two healthy babies is all I need.

Today I was a hormonal mess. Is anyone else getting like that? I cried for an hour after realizing a hot pink onesie had tinted half the clothes in a load of baby clothes light pink. My mom told me to try Clorox 2 to fix it, but I doubt it will really work. Hope Blake appreciates the pink stained clothes when he looks back at his baby pics, haha. I can laugh about it now only because I cried about it for an hour earlier...

18. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@Mae: It looks good. I know what the standard practices are at the hospital, since I work there, so I just needed to be specific about the things a few of the member of my practice don't always stick to.

19. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@twodoghouse: I have a doula client due in September with twins. When she asked me about a birth plan, I replied "just make sure you write down what you want to happen to the babies after birth" I think we both know everything up to that point is sort of a crap shoot. I hope it goes the way you would like it to though, and I'm glad you're being realistic about the whole thing.

And yes. I've cried about 10 times since yesterday.

20. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: aw... Blake won't care. That's sad you were so upset though! I've been more emotional than normal but really only on the happy end. Like every time I see a baby/think about LO coming I get teary/excited. I haven't really had any freak outs or meltdowns recently... but just saying that is probably jinxing me. lol. Also I think your plan sounds great! It sounds like you and the doc are on the same page and that is what is important. I don't feel like my plan is all that terribly useful because basically everything on there is the midwives' preference/standard procedure anyways (which is why I switched to them!) but they recommend actually writing it out just as an exercise for yourself to think through things and also because it takes them a little bit to get to the hospital sometimes and walking in with a plan like this sort of notifies the nurses that I"m one of those weird midwife patients who won't take kindly to being strapped down to a bed on arrival

21. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@junebugmama: I am so glad that's your advice as a pro doula! I sort of feel like I'm being a crappy pregnant lady for not doing the whole birth plan, try to go natural thing. But I also need to be realistic because I don't have any clue how this twin birth thing will really go down. Also glad I'm in good company with the hormones and crying!

22. junebugmama

nectarine / 2019 posts

@twodoghouse: there's just so many variables when it's twins. A lot more than double, even though that's what they say. You're not being crappy, you're being relaxed about it. LOTS of woman should be doing the same exact thing. I say cheers to you!

23. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: Sounds like you have a great and supportive midwife practice!

24. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@twodoghouse: Um, I guess I'm a crappy mom times two. With my 1st I had no birth plan and didn't want one. I also had no desire for a natural med free birth. And when I heard 9+ pound kid, I went for the c section. No regrets here!

25. sungirl

apricot / 309 posts

@junebugmama: great graphic! how come no eye ointment? Just curious I don't think I've seen that specified before.

@Mamasig: don't worry I'm going in for the 2nd time too without a plan. First time I was just go with the flow and I was ok with how everything turned out so I'm okay going that route again
    @twodoghouse: I've been super emotional too!
    @Beebug: good luck with you appts and finishing the nursery!@Mae: thanks for the updated calendar!@Apex: glad to hear things are going well!@Keds: glad to hear you won't have to be induced for size

26. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

I am soooo behind after taking a computer/phone break for the long weekend!!!

@cheesetomywhine: Congrats!!!! So excited for you Hope everything is going well!!

@twodoghouse: Oh no! I totally would have broken down crying too...grrrr hormones...but ya, Blake won't mind at all I'm sure

@Beebug: Sorry that you are having trouble getting comfortable Big bellies are enough to make us uncomfortable, and you have to deal with that huge contraption on your leg on top of it

I don't have any kind of birth plan this time since everything is so up in the air. Last time we sort of started one, but never finished it, and my birth was nothing like our "plan" anyways since I wanted a med-free birth...and had a c-section instead! This time the plan is basically: if i go into labour before May 21, try for a vbac (with epidural!!!) and if not, have c-section on May 21. that's it...my big plan

I have eaten wayyyy too much chocolate this weekend. I'm pretty nervous about my doctor's appointment this week. There was glucose in my urine at my last appointment, and I'm betting there will be this time too. Still not sure what it means though!

8 days of work left for me (since I have friday off this week). I just reminded my boss, since he hasn't told me who I will be passing my files over to. He is starting to look slightly panicked since they don't have a concrete plan for my replacement yet.

27. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamasig: not a crappy mom! I think every practice just handles it differently. When I asked my ob about doing a birth plan (before i moved practices) she told me the plan was to get my kid out safely and thats all i really needed to know lol. And if I wanted an epidural I would've totally gone with that plan and just rolled with it And honestly even having one doesn't really mean THAT much. I'm totally aware things could go sideways and I may need to just deal with whatever it is. And/or that I could get like 2 hrs into active labor and be like EFFFFFFFFF THISSSSSSS GIVE ME ALL THE DRUGS. haha.

@sungirl: not sure her specific reasons, but i'm also contemplating no eye goop. Reason being that its just totally unnecessary. The reason they do the eye goop is because if the mom has chlamydia or ghonorrea (sp?) she can pass it to the baby during birth which can cause an infection that can cause blindness. 100 or so odd years ago this was the leading cause of blindness for kids and was really pretty common because so many people had STDs that they didn't know about. So public health campaign came along and said okay lets goop the eyes of ALL kids to prevent this, and as such they took the infection/blindness rates way way way down. But if you know for 100% sure that you don't have an STD (as I do, because I've been tested) then it is just totally useless for your kid and I don't see the point in giving her extra meds for no reason. Docs still recommend it for everyone for public health reasons (because they don't trust that you really don't have an std/that your husband hasn't recently cheated on you and given you one/etc) which makes sense. But if you feel 100% confident that you're clean then its just not necessary IMO.

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cookie_dough: ditto on sweets. Trying so hard to stop eating them but they are so delicious... worried about weight gain this week lol. Also yay for 8 days left! Hopefully your boss figures his stuff out soon!

I shipped off my last really important work item yesterday so I'm feeling really officially ready to leave. Still have a massive to-do list of course and will work up until I go into labor. But at this point I could hand off my list and it would be fine.

29. caity713

coffee bean / 48 posts

Hi everyone! I've totally fallen off the grid here but I've tried to play some catch up! Congrats to all the mommies who have given birth already! We're still hanging in there. Biggest challenge lately has been having to switch docs due to my practice CLOSING effective May 1st! At my first appt with the new practice, I found out that our little one is currently breech!! We go back next week to reassess and decide whether to attempt an ECV or schedule a c section, something I desperately want to avoid. Luckily, I'm on spring break at school this week so I'm trying to tie up loose ends and finish projects before my final weeks at work!

30. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@twodoghouse: @sungirl: I have no plan either.. I am very go with the flow and open to any option that will end with me and the baby healthy. I have more of an after birth plan though where I want skin to skin, breastfeeding, baby in room with me, etc. but those practices are normal at the hospital and we tell them when we get there and they put it on our chart.

@junebugmama: thanks for the app recommendation - DH and I were just talking about this and I was going to start looking for one today.

@Beebug: good luck with your busy week! hope you can find some time to rest!

31. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@caity713: oh wow! Hopefully you were able to find another doc that you like! I had an ECV and c-section last time due to DD being breech so if you have any questions, just let me know.

32. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

I don't know what I am going to do about work if I go past my due date. Next week is my last week before my due date and I really don't want to keep working but of course if I go late and I'm not working then I am wasting maternity leave time that I would have with LO. On the other hand, my doctor told me she wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks so I know the most I will be out of work with no baby is 1 week. Obviously this can be a non issue if he comes early or on time. DH has been driving me in every day bc the commute was to much so it has been better but I am still exhausted and uncomfortable and we are moving next week (painting is being done now) so ahh I don't know .. I guess like my birth plan I will just go with the flow!

33. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@caity713: oh wow, stressful! Although I changed practices at 30 weeks and it has been great (although weird to meet all new people so late). Hopefully you like the new crew!!

@mrsog: hopefully baby is on time! If I worked in a real office I don't know that I'd work past my due date. I feel like working from home I have no excuse not to keep working bc sitting on my couch with my laptop is probably physically easier than the cleaning/running around I'd be doing if I wasn't working right now! hah. Do you have any work from home ability? I'd probably try to do that for any time post-40 to save your time off. But if not, since it is only a week, I'd probably just take off and focus on your house

34. caity713

coffee bean / 48 posts

@cookie_dough: thanks! I definitely feel lost when it comes to deciding. I feel like everyone has a different opinion and experience. I can't decide what will be best. Maybe I'll get lucky and this little one will simply turn herself around this week? I can hope!!!

35. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@Mae: Unfortunately I don't have the ability to work from home. I am leaning towards next Friday being my last day if he isn't here yet. This way I can maybe relax a few days, finish some house stuff, etc. I can use a few PTO days I have been saving up. Of course anything can happen between now and then but on that note though - I can't believe next week is the last week before my due date!!!

36. caity713

coffee bean / 48 posts

@Mae: thanks! They seem nice so far. It was definitely stressful though!

I'm also not sure what I will do if I end up going past my due date (assuming this little one turns herself around and I can let this proceed naturally.) Every day I work is more money I will earn while I'm out so it's a tough one. Right now, I'm just working on lesson planning from now til forever so I'm ready to go whenever!

37. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@caity713: Hopefully she decides to turn on her own! I tried everything...exercise ball positions, doing handstands in a swimming pool, chiropractor, etc! But she was WAY too stubborn! And wouldn't budge for the ECV either

38. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mamasig: I didn't mean to imply anyone was a crappy pregnant lady! Just that sometimes I get caught up in the internet world of "you should do this and this and this" instead of what's right for me and my family!

39. iluvpink

cherry / 130 posts

@Keds: that's great that your test came up negative. I will have mine done tomorrow, but I am not sure if I will get the results right away or if I have to wait.....:/

@Mae: thank you for updating the list

@Beebug: you are one busy lady! ay yi yi!

@twodoghouse: I think not having a birth plan and just doing what you are doing, its great! I had a birth plan, which pretty much went out the window the moment I was told I have to have a C-section due to placenta previa. I was disappointed at first, but I realized what matters is just to have a health baby or in your case babies sorry about the emotional day you had yesterday, I probably would have cried too if that happened to me.

@cookie_dough: I hear you on the panicky boss haha!!! I am working from home since yesterday and for the next three weeks and my boss called me yesterday twice and texted me a couple of times....the poor man! haha!!!! I am not having someone to replace me until I come back in August, but that was his choice....oh well!!!!

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@mrsog: sounds like a good plan to me! And also I KNOW. I cannot believe I'm in my 38th week. I cannot believe I'm due in less than 2. Cannot believe! lol. My cousin's wife was due this coming Sunday (exactly 1 week before me) and had her baby today and the pictures are just so cute. I can't believe I have a fully grown baby hanging out in me right now! It just doesn't seem real/possible?!

@caity713: I hope she turns too, but if she doesn't it will be okay. One way or another she will make her grand entrance and if that has to be via c-section so be it. Not ideal but far from the end of the world!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee