Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas Labor && Announcements!

1. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Ugh, false alarm! They could only see irritation on the monitors, no contractions. Booo

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: boo!

3. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@jetsa: I know I was sooo bummed. I swear they were timeable. Maybe it was wishful thinking but I'm still cramping and uncomfortable. I wish today was the day, I can't wait to meet him

4. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: congratulations! she's beautiful! love the name too!

5. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@PrincessBaby: congrats!!! What a little sweetie!

@macintosh: hang in there, lady.

6. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: once that got moving it was fast! Congratulations!! So happy your husband has a week before heading out? That's awesome. Also, love the bow.

@macintosh: my OB says everyone has a practice run to the hospital. 4/30 will be here before you know it!

7. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: Oh no Hopefully "irritation" is a sign things are starting to get moving! Hang in there.

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: it won't be long now!

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut :girl
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh (IND 4/30) , Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Kick641
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry , Chanada
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12 (RCS 5/14)
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO (RCS 5/1)

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@macintosh: It's got to be just around the corner if you had timeable ones and you have already dilated! I can't wait to see your baby news soon!

You guys- I feel amazing! I remember being so much more of a hot mess, physically and mentally, with DD1 after delivery. Everything kind of made me anxious bc I didn't know what I was doing or what to expect. This second time thing is easy-peasy and we are having fun in the. Hospital just hanging out with her and continuing to rehash everything

I've already got my Belly Bandit put to work (this bamboo one really is so comfy and it feels nice to be held in) and am enjoying the awesome hospital pantyhose panties and their hospital grade pads that are bigger than my baby:). Just very happy and relaxed and can't wait to see some more May babies make their appearance!

Hayden is nursing like a champ and even though I'm foggy on the "rules" for feeding a NB (like waking her up after so long, etc) it is soooooo much easier and less stressful this time!!! It gave me so much anxiety last time!

10. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: @GoGoSnoGirl: @MsHangry: Thank you so much!!!

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: that's awesome, I've read the 2nd recovery is way easier!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I am on the ipad and can't reply to everyone on the first page, but thank you all so much for the sweet words and congrats!

13. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: SO much, IMO...What's weird is that before this, I would have said that my recovery last time couldn't have been any easier, especially bc I didn't tear or need any stitches, but this time is still a million times better.

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: So great to hear things are going well! How big did she end up being?

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm glad to hear that! My recovery last time was a breeze so I was afraid this time was going to be horrible or something!

16. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: 6lbs 1oz and 18 3/4 inches. She is crazy tiny!!! My biophysical u/s put her at 5lb 11oz 3 weeks ago, so there's no way it was right. It must have just been her position?

@jetsa: I thought the same thing! Hopefully this is the case for all of us!!!

17. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: So glad to hear that your recovery is going smoothly! I'm definitely hoping recovery #2 is easier for me as well! With regards to her weight, don't babies usually gain about 1/2 lb per week as they approach delivery? So you'd expect about 1.5 lb in 3 weeks? I guess yours only gained about a pound (if you go by the scan), but it's probably more likely that she gained whatever she was supposed to and the scan was just off by 1/2 a pound... my OB said they aren't super accurate. 6 lbs 10 oz is so petite! J was 8 lbs 12 oz at birth - I can't imagine her having weighed 2 lbs less.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: I thought it was an oz a day or something, but I didn't really do the math, but a half a pound off doesn't sound so off. But she's just 6lb one ounce, I may have typo'd 6lb 10oz. She will probably drop to high 5s before we leave, she is such a peanut! Btw When is your DD?

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: A peanut! My son was 8lbs 14oz and 22 inches. I'm dying to know how big this little girl is.

20. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: what a peanut! I have my last growth on Tuesday and baby is coming Friday! I'm super excited to see if it's accurate. My sons was pretty accurate i would say!

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: a week from tomorrow? Yay!!!
    @SeptMomma12: did you have a biophysical u/s lately? I thought those were pretty accurate but it either wasn't in my case or for whatever reason she didn't gain the "normal" amt of weight the last few weeks..

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Nope. They did an ultrasound at 32 weeks but didn't say anything about size other than she looked "average size." Which is a big difference from my son who was always measuring several weeks ahead!

23. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh yeah, 6 lbs 1 oz is a total peanut! I see what you mean about the scan being off - looks like it was off by more like a pound. They moved my due date to 5/26, but I think 6/1 is still accurate based on ovulation. She has been measuring ahead the whole time though, so hopefully she'll come a little early - I will be a little annoyed if I'm still pregnant in June!

24. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: Welcome to May mamas!!!

FYI very dangerous to be bored in the hospital! DH is taking care of DD1 tonight and they're coming back in the am. Hayden has just been nursing or sleeping. And I got the fateful email that TB has up to 30% off for the weekend. Let's just say I validated my laboring to a 9 with no epidural! A push purchase for myself! And I did get that diaper bag which I'm excited about!

I told DH I got myself some push presents and he said. "You only pushed twice! Not a lot of work!" Lol. He's lucky he's cute

25. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh and I meant to share this earlier but I got a couple of these nursing bras from target and I LOVE them, if anyone needs anything like this... The molded cup is the perfect amount of shaping/support and there's no underwire and it's just super comfy and I'm glad I got a couple..

http://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-seamless-bra-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-14910003#prodSlot=large_1_1&term=Nursing+bra

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Hahha I love that you're online shopping while at the hospital after giving birth. Recovery must really be going awesome! So encouraging to hear recovery is going so well!

27. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@PrincessBaby: thank you! I'm glad you're feeling so great after your delivery. I hope I'm half as lucky

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I was super frustrated and emotional this morning. My mom was really sweet about it - she was excited and ready to drive in from out of state.

I was a little irritated with my doula, though. I waited to call her until i decided it was time to go, which was 5 am. I didn't want to bug her in the middle of the night. I got DH up and drove us both to the hospital. She met us there, but by the time she got there they had already determined that I wasn't in labor. I actually felt like she was annoyed with me - she acted like she would have known somehow that it wasn't really labor. I did not feel supported at all. Granted, I'm not paying her, she's doing this as a favor. I actually cried out of frustration on and off all day.

On the bright side, DH was really sweet and supportive even though he barely slept. For him, that's a big accomplishment

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@macintosh: boo on the doula. I hope it gets better.

29. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: yes a week from tomorrow!!! Also I get BPP ultrasounds 2x a week.. That's the bio physical profiles... Those don't check for growth

30. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PrincessBaby: popping in to say congrats! Hayden is beautiful!

31. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Well mamas, some baby didn't want to wait until May First!

Baby A made her grand enterance via RCS at 4:13am today 4/26!

She was 35+1 weeks and 6 lbs 13oz and 19.5"!

I went to the hospital for decreased movement and her heart irregularity was much more frequent. After talking to the NICU I was done playing with fire for and extra 5 days that they didn't think would make much difference.

She is doing GREAT! Such a good nurser. There's been a few times I hand expressed and syringe fed her colostrum. She's had a little formula too, to keep her blood sugars up cause otherwise she will go to the NICU. But we are not using bottles so in not worried about supplementing. She nurses for almost an hour, every 3 hours!

Unfortunately since it was last minute, daddy didn't make it in time and will be arriving in about 2 hours actually! My mom came into the OR with me. Thank goodness. It's been my first day away from my son and first night tonight., well other then last night. I went in at 930pm he was in bed. Thankfully he's an easy babe so my mom and step dad and little brothers kept track of him today and tomorrow he will come meet his sissy!

32. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Congratulations! I'm so glad she's healthy and doing well. Sorry DH couldn't make it, but at least you all get to be together soon

33. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: wow, some eager babies so far!! Glad she's healthy & nursing well so far. Too bad she couldn't wait for daddy, but glad he will be there soon to meet her.

34. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: congratulations! Glad to hear she is doing well. Coming out a few days early seemed to be the right call.

35. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: what a crazy evening! I'm glad everything turned out ok, despite your FI not being there! With everything you've been battling, I'm so glad she's here safe and sound, though!

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: @GoGoSnoGirl: @MsHangry: @macintosh: thanks mamas!! I got some decent rest finally! Had to have the nursery watch her cause she kinda just squawks between feeds and it's hard to sleep thru that right now. So they took her until it was time to eat and that was super nice! I feel bad but someone was snuggling her down there anyways

37. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Hey don't feel bad at all! That's their job--to take care of your baby for you! So YOU can get some rest! Lady, you just had surgery! Cut yourself some slack I'm sure those nurses love to snuggle on some newborns

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: congrats momma! Sorry it was such a crazy ride but I'm glad you're both doing well.

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

May Births
    April 18th: Xmaskidjr
    April 22nd: Princessbaby Hayden Rose
    April 26th: BabyPenguinXO A

May Due Dates
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut :girl
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh (IND 4/30) , Mrs Sketchbook, CocoLoco523
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Kick641
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry , Chanada
    May 19th: Mrs Lovejoy
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12 (RCS 5/14)
    May 22nd: Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Daisyfay
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Tippy0707 , FSUAliss , Jetsa

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: oh my goodness, congratulations!! So happy for you! It may have been a bit scary and hectic, though it sounds like you handled it all so gracefully! I cannot even imagine doing it without DH, so kudos to you! Post a picture if you're comfortable - congrats again!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee