Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Congrats! Good luck at the chiro today - fingers crossed for you! My dad had bad sciatica a few years ago and could barely move. Can't imagine that while pregnant

@PrincessBaby: Mmmm, fishbowl

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I don't know who plans to breastfeed but the distributor was at the dr office today while I was waiting on my GD test and he said that due to ACA most insurance companies will give you ONLY 1 breastpump every 5 years. He said only 1 company in IL allows 1 breastpump per baby.

3. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@jetsa: I've already checked with my insurance and I get one every pregnancy! But, I have 2 insurances and last time I only submitted it to one, so I'm submitting it to my other one this time cause I'm not longer with both. But that is interesting to know!

4. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: I got one from each last time, because one only covered a hand pump and the other covered an ameda purely yours which was horrible so I bought a medela instead lol.

5. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: That reminds me I need to call my insurance company. LO #1 was born before ACA took effect, so we didn't go through insurance for that pump. Would love to have a free one to keep at work!

6. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: the insurance-provided pumps became a thing just 1 measly month after I had our daughter. She was born in Dec '12. So I had bought a medela- whatever the double one is that uses a battery. PISA??? Our insurance now offers a choice between 5 or 6 and I really need to research it and see if that Medela is still the best. I think the ameda purely yours is one? And a couple of others that are listed as hospital grade, but when I had googled them they only retailed for like $100 and that made me wonder if they were any good vs a $250-plus medela. It will be nice to get one for free this time and have one at home and one in my car since I drive all day.

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: Will you get the verdict on your glucose test today? How are you feeling?

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: hopefully by friday, we're in the middle of a snowstorm and the lab sends off the test so they're like who knows but hopefully tomorrow. I felt like crap the first hour and feel kind of woozy now but not too bad. My DH is picking me up because of the snow so I'm only at work for 30 minutes or so, thanks for asking.

@PrincessBaby: @SeptMomma12: I got an ameda through insurance last time and it did not compare at all to my medela.

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I hope you get some rest going home early and I hope you feel back to normal later:)

Most of you will probably strangle me for this, but it's actually sunny and 86 today (out of NOWHERE) and it's totally whipped my butt getting in and out of the heat all day!!! I'd like a nice 70 degrees please:). High 60s! I wasn't ready for this!

Oh and for the 2nd Time moms, are you doing anything for LO1 when baby comes as far as a gift or something from the baby, or help them understand? I think we are going to get DD an AG Bitty Baby so she can have a baby to feed and take care of too...I guess we'll make it from the baby.

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

TMI question... Has anyone else noticed a lot of "wetness" down there? I don't feel any gushes at all, so I'm not really concerned about any kind of a leak but ugh, I just always feel so damp. I end up changing my pantiliner just to feel clean for a few minutes. Can't remember if this was normal with my son too.

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: So jealous! It actually hit 40 here today for the first time in weeks, but it's just so slushy and gross from all the snow we've had. And more snow coming tonight I love my snow boots but they are really heavy and the last thing I need right now is added weight! I am downright waddling in them at this point.

12. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: I remember it being an issue with E.

13. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I have had a lot more discharge this entire pregnancy . I don't think I had that with H. I've brought it up to my OB bc I actually get (SUPER tmi alert) a lot of big mucousy clumps and I definitely wondered if it was plug. She said it's totally normal. I mentioned it again yesterday, that it seemed to be increasing and she was not worried at all, did not check me or anything. She said as long as it's not brown or red and no itching or smell then loads of discharge is normal. I think it is so weird.

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I've had some mucousy clumps too (so gross) and my OB said the same thing. Those don't actually bother me as much as this constant wetness feeling. Pregnancy is so nasty sometimes!

@blackbird: Thanks!

15. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Does anyone think that busting your butt every day can make labor occur sooner? Like being more active? I work 1000x harder than I did when pregnant with DD1. Plus I got naps every day after work and just led a leisurely little life. But this time I'm exhausted from work, by 3:30 every day I've lost the will to go on My lower back and feet hurt so bad....And rarely is there a nap in my life, as I'm sure is the case for you guys too. Especially right now with so many house things going on, especially the nursery. Tonight I have to spray paint the chocolate baskets that fit in the storage cube thingy. Gotta make them gray so we can re-use them since I have cute liners for them.

But I fantasize that all of this madness will lead to a 37w perfectly healthy delivery

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm not sure about labor but I'm finding while I am 100x more tired with this pregnancy, being more active is actually helping me. I was on bed rest by this point with my son with contractions every few minutes. But, knock wood, I'm much more active this time than I ever was pregnant with him and don't seem to be having anywhere near the same volume. No idea if it's related but I'm trying to tell myself it is! Though I will also add that I have a LOT more back pain and cramping with this one, probably from that activity.

17. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Oh my goodness I cannot even imagine weather that warm. It's also about 40 here and I'm sure we'll get snow within the next few days. I won't lie, I miss sunshine. But, I also remember swelling at the sign of heat, so I'm OK with the cold as long as my fingers, toes and ankles remain intact.

@SeptMomma12: Um, yes. I kind of remember it with the first pregnancy, but it feels so much worse, much faster. I need to use pantyliners -that's a great idea.

@jetsa: It seemed today was the day for glucose tests! There were a bunch of people in the lab doing it. I feel like I broke the rules a whole bunch by going to a hard workout and eating a semi-normal breakfast this morning. But, I got the results posted online and it looks like I passed (my score was 92?). I hope you did too!

And in terms of breastpumps through insurance, I think I can get one with every kid as long as they are two years apart. I think I'm going to miss it by like a week (I hope I don't go over!), so I'm going to see if my OB could maybe write the script out later so I can still get one. I got an Ameda with the first and had such low output that I don't know if it was the pump or just my low supply. But, I want to try the Medela this time if my insurance will cover it.

18. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: I agree that activity helps so much! I never worked out my first pregnancy, and this time just 2x a week and running around with the toddler seems to have made this pregnancy better. But, I should also knock on wood, because I have about 11 weeks left and it could get real bad, real fast.

19. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

Does seem like it's been the week for glucose tests! I did mine yesterday & my electronic results showed I'm actually hypo-glycemic. No wonder I feel completely wiped out & hungry always. I do look forward to reviewing these results & some other labs they did w/ the Dr or nurse, but I don't think they are concerned or they would've included a note with the results, I think.

I've felt kind of overwhelmed by the choices for breast pumps, so I'm glad you ladies are talking about it. Brand-wise both Ameda & Medela seem popular & there are a few others listed as covered, too, but I forget which right now. Other than what you've already talked about here, do you have advice one way or the other for this ftm?!? Closed system seems like a good idea, but lots of HB mamas seem to have commented in other threads that it isn't really a big deal. I don't even know how heavy a pumper I'll be, as I intend to WAH for as long as possible while bf'ing, but definitely want the option/ability in order to allow DH to feed, etc.

20. blackbird

@GoGoSnoGirl: I was always happy with both my medelas AND the one time I dropped a pump and the back broke (100% my fault!), they replaced the entire thing. So their customer service was awesome!

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: thanks, I won't find out for a few days. The difference between the medela and ameda was several ounces each session so that's why I hated mine.

@GoGoSnoGirl: I really loved my medelas as well, I got one from a friend and bought another for work.

22. blackbird

I'm at 30.5 weeks over here and I'm starting to really look it. Strangers are asking me a million questions, my watch feels tight, my face is starting to round out a bit. And all sorts of body parts ache lol. Looking at you, crotch. Faring better (and smaller!) than last time, thankfully! Just hit 30 lbs. And DH is generous with the foot rubs. If only i could train E now....heh.

23. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: you look great!! And I could basically reiterate everything you just said. Ha! Here's a recent pic. Though I have to admit the mirror makes me look smaller than I think I look/feel. I know my face is fuller than the pic depicts.

24. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: you have such a cute basketball bump! I feel like mine just flows from my boobs down lol

25. Mammabare

grape / 92 posts

I feel puffy at 31.5 weeks. Anyone else?

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: Thank you! I think it's because I was shoving my hand into that section to make it look skinnier (ha!). But, I'll take it!

@Mammabare: YES! Even in the morning when I wake up.. which means it persists all day.

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I tried the same thing and it didn't work LOL. You are all bump!

@blackbird: mine does the same thing from the boobs down it goes.

28 weeks bump pic

28. blackbird

@Mammabare: Yep! Getting there, esp at the end of the day or if it's not ICE COLD.

@jetsa: heh, you look unimpressed albeit adorable!

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: I'm so done lol. I really wish my due date hadn't been moved back a week, I feel like its never going to be May!

30. blackbird

@jetsa: It will be, soon!!! But i feel the same way. After our travels this week (including almost missing our flight), i am having so much discomfort and shooting pains in my ligaments and i know it's because I overdid it, but I'm also like...shit, 9 more weeks? lol. I think I need to start wearing a belly brace under my clothes. SEXY!

31. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: @Mrs. Lovejoy: @blackbird: You guys all 3 look amazing!!!

I have maternity pics Sat that have been rescheduled 47 times due to weather, so I absolve myself of guilt of never feeling like taking bump pics.

32 weeks tomorrow (or Sat? I forget). I am also in the camp of aches, pains, and swelling! I had a super long drive yesterday and had to soak in the tub bc everything hurt. And I was so excited about my two new bands I had added to my wedding set for each daughter, and I'll be damned if my fingers didn't start swelling basically right after I got it in:(. I'm still wearing them, but only with the help of Windex to get them all both on and off I know I probably won't get to wear them to the end and I'm bummed about it bc they're my current favorite posession.

@blackbird: do you have maternity spanx? I noticed I had more RLP on days I was too lazy to bother with putting my spanx on. Just throwing it out there in case you don't quite feel like bothering with the support band yet:). I guess the tightness of the spanx helps with some support...

32. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@blackbird: you look great! So nice that your hubby is giving you lots of foot rubs. My DH hates giving massages. lol
    @Mrs. Lovejoy: Love your bump..and that scarf!
    @jetsa: Your bump looks so perfectly round. Very cute!

Any of you ladies having bra problems? I've gone from a 34B to a 36D and everything just feels so uncomfortable!!! I went and tried on some nursing bras last night and I just can't find anything that feels comfortable. Any good nursing bra/tank suggestions from all you second time mamas?

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Tippy0707: You look great too! Nursing bras are the worst, I'm wearing mine from last time currently but they don't fit correctly either =/

34. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@jetsa: Thanks! If I remember correctly, you have a son already and are pregnant with a little girl right now, right? Do you feel like you are carrying any differently? I feel like your bump looks high and round, which according to the old wives tale is girl.

35. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: I do! my only issue with it is that it is SO DAMN HOT in my office that I'm afraid i'll just roast my ass off here. I do have a FitSplint i'm going to try tomorrow. I think pulling the weight up off my bladder will help tremendously with the spasms. I should've at least brought it to work today. Blaaaaah.

@Tippy0707: Heh, bra problems. Story of my life. I have some really comfortable non-underwire bras from Lane Bryant that I like. Not as heavily padded in the nipple area as I prefer (esp during pregnancy) but they're comfy and supportive enough (i'm up in the F/G-ish range now, easily. I don't want to know)

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

All you ladies look great!!!! I need to take a new bump picture.

@Tippy0707: I never liked any of my nursing bras last time, so I broke down a few weeks ago and bought a Bravado bra. I LOVE it. They are expensive, but it's so comfortable and doesn't give that weird lumpy nursing bra look under your clothes. I just ordered another one the other day. I'm normally a small 34B, but probably a full 34C right now and got a Small. It felt little tight at first but is perfect now.

http://www.amazon.com/Bravado-Designs-Seamless-Nursing-Butterscotch/dp/B00B3HV3SW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425575706&sr=8-2&keywords=bravado+nursing+bra

37. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Tippy0707: I had a boy last time and am having a girl this time and the bumps are completely identical. We put two 26 week pictures next to each other and if I wasn't wearing summer clothes in one and winter in the other, you would never know they were different pregnancies! Very stereotypical "boy bumps" according to the old wives tale, but my doctor claims it's all body type.

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Tippy0707: I'm carrying completely differently.....or I thought I was until I just looked at pictures. The picture on the left is 31 weeks with my son compared with 28 weeks with my daughter but the bump is exactly the same I think which is funny because at 24 weeks it looked completely different.

39. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out. I'm still wearing a regular bra and it is SO uncomfortable! My mom carried my sister high and me really low so she was convinced I was a boy. She was super surprised when I came out. lol

@blackbird: Thanks, I will look into the Lane Bryant bras. I've never heard of that store. I wonder if its only in the US. A lady in my office came up to me yesterday and said "I can't believe how small your bump is still but your boobs…wow, have they like tripled in size?" I just kind of laughed. Both DH and I love my new boobs but I'm not sure I want them to get much bigger

40. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@jetsa: It's almost identical in shape! You look great.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee