Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Yes I'n a perfect example of dilation not mattering! I was 2-3 cm on Thurs, and stillllllll pregnant.

That being said, I am still going to get a check at my appt tomorrow (last one before induction!). I just can't NOT get one, lol. And a THIRD membrane sweep.

I read that active labor starts generally by the time you're 4cm dilated. I have never felt so close to something, yet so far away!!!

2. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: fingers crossed for you!!! Maybe you and hubs can get out and do some walking!!

3. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MsHangry: ooh effacement is definitely good!

@PrincessBaby: yes, I also can't resist! 2-3 is really good. Your body is making progress!

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I am a full 3cm but still only 60% effaced. She did a third sweep and basically said she is on call tonight if I decide I want to go into labor tonight, but basically she was shocked. She said the on-call weekend dr called her to tell her she had a patient in labor and she assumed it was me, was surprised it wasn't.

I am losing hope. Looks like Monday/induction/3.5 days of DH getting to see his 2nd girl before leaving for 3 weeks.

Pity Party for 1!

5. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@PrincessBaby: third times a charm right? Fingers crossed this one sends you into labour goodluck!

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Fingers crossed! I know it's hard, but things can change so quickly. I was never more than 1cm at any of my checks (they never mentioned effacement) and went into labor on my own. Have pineapple for lunch

7. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: pineapple and sexy time!!!

8. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: You're so close!! I hope you go into labor pre-induction. But, if not, even your induction is super soon! Keep us updated!

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs squirreld: @SeptMomma12: Thanks you guys:). I know I should quit whining but the dilation got my stupid hopes up, and hearing my dr sound so surprised just reaffirmed my disappointment!
    @BabyPenguinXO: I made the mistake of telling DH that her head is just about engaged last week (-1 station) and he won't come near me bc her head is right there.
    @Mrs. Lovejoy: I know:). That's the only good thing about the sweeps- I spend the 48 hours after sooooo hopeful it will work, so that distracts me for a couple of days. And then after I accept that it failed again, I've only got a few days to mourn before induction:)

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Maybe remind DH this is the last chance he's got for quite some time?!? Though I suppose hearing the head is right there would give me some pause too!

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Any one else notice an increase in BH contractions? They're painless so I know it's not the real thing, but just standing up is making me contract these days

12. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: yes! Walking, getting up in the morning, "playing" around with the baby/reassuring myself of the position. These all set off BH

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: Same here. It's so annoying!

14. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: yep, mine are typically in the middle of the night. They wake me up but aren't painful so they're just annoying.

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yes! And I had a couple freak real contractions today. Not real painful, but definitely the "real" thing. Still about 4 weeks away so I think they were more to kick my butt in gear to get ready for this baby than anything. I doubt it meant anything.

16. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I still am not sure if I get BH or not? It's hard for me to tell if it's the baby sliding around or my tummy tightening. I have definitely gotten AF cramp type things that will come and go in patterns but they're never severe enough to really hurt, and they always die out after a while.

I just took Castor Oil. I'm actually a little shocked at myself. But my dr didn't seem concerned about safety, just misery lol, and so I went for it.

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Yeah, there's definitely some where I'm like "ow, that's probably not a BH." I feel the same way - I need more time!!!

@PrincessBaby: I'm not really sure what castor oil is or what it's supposed to do, but just the name sounds gross enough for me

18. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: oh my gosh, let us know how it goes! I've heard mixed stories, but I hope yours is one that has a "yeah, glad I took it" ending!

19. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: ooo, I am very curious about how this goes for you. Thinking positive thoughts! Did you just straight up drink it or mix it in a smoothie?

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thank you! I'll let you guys know if anything comes of it!

@MsHangry: I mixed 2 tbsp with OJ and shook it up really hard so it was frothy, then I basically shot it while holding my nose. It was totally fine. No bad aftertaste or anything. I was like, "Is that all?" I just hope it works to do something other than make me miserable!

21. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: good luck!!

22. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@PrincessBaby: I just read your other thread on the castor oil and I hope it works!

I went to the doctor yesterday and I have mastitis The midwife was like "what the heck?" cause it's so rare in pregnancy. I think the antibiotics are working already though. I need to get well before this baby comes in 8 days! My poor DH has a cold now and this morning he had a seizure. Ugh, no more bad luck this week please!

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@macintosh: Thank you! I've had some very very minor contractions...I'm actually considering taking a little more of the castor oil just to make sure I can't get "more" out of it! I cannot believe you have mastitis and are not BFing yet! I have never heard of that and I'm so sorry that it happened to you! I hope that you are on the mend quickly, and I am so sorry that your DH had a seizure today

24. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@PrincessBaby: Any updates? I'm so excited for another birth soon! DH is ok, thankfully. He has seizures on occasion and they are very mild, just scary. The worst part was he was at the edge of the bed when it started, about to get into his wheelchair. He started to tip over and I couldn't catch him before he ended up on the floor. Luckily we had just practiced getting up off the floor at PT on Monday - it's like his PT is psychic! He did most of the work so 38 weeks pregnant me didn't have to lift him. He's 6'3" and 220 lbs!

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@macintosh: I can't believe you have mastitis while pregnant! So glad you got it checked out and have time to heal before baby.

@PrincessBaby: Just saw your update on the castor oil thread. Good luck and be sure to update us!!!!

26. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@SeptMomma12: thank you, this has been a crazy month. Ugh!

So I may be totally paranoid (again) but I think I might be having contractions. I feel very crampy and have had several incidences of tightness in my whole abdomen, and my back is aching. I'm kind of in disbelief because I'm afraid it's a false alarm...waiting to see if a pattern develops.

27. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@macintosh: keep us posted! Post in labor and delivery if you go in :)))

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Had an appt today all was good. I go for my GBS and a check next week, both midwives will be gone when I can go so I have to see a new male dr who doesn't even deliver at my hospital so that's annoying. My midwife today told me to come in if I cannot walk, talk, or smile through contractions absolutely nothing about them being timeable which I found odd.

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I have my 36 week appt tomorrow. I can't remember if that's when they do the GBS, or if that's next week. I was so happy when my water broke with my son - even though DH still talks about cleaning up that mess almost 3 years later! - because it meant there was no doubt to go in. The whole timeable/talkable/walkable thing seems so subjective.

30. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: My doctor did the GBS at my 36 and I get to hear back today!

Is anyone hoping to have the same birth date as Princess Kate? Huggies is giving away free diapers to everyone that gives birth the same day as her, and I kind of like free things? Plus it would mean having this baby soon, which I am ready to do!

31. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@kick641: ha, i had no idea! I'd totally take free diapers! Ah, yesterday was her actual due date! Poor girl is overdue. I don't think i'll be sharing a date with her! i still feel like nothing much is going on

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: I just heard that yesterday. Definitely a nice perk but I'm not ready to have this baby yet!

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yep, it should be today! At my dr office they do a check as well. Yeah, after being induced with my son I don't know that I'll have any idea when to go in with this one if she's not induced! I was having contractions every 2-3 mins with my son when I went in for cerevdil but they weren't painful and they'd been like that on and off for weeks.

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Yup just got swabbed and finger-pricked for iron. Fun appointment! My doctor won't do checks since I'm scheduled for a c-section but she said to call if contractions get really painful. I contract almost constantly normally so she said frequency isn't really relevant for me. I'm still hoping I'll somehow go into labor and get to the hospital and be 8cm and they'll let me attempt a VBAC but she said that was a highly unlikely. A girl can dream

35. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: that happened to someone on here, right?? I think that's what my dr was getting at with the walk/talk/smile that she didn't care if they weren't in a pattern but if they were painful come in.

36. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

I have my 2nd to last appointment today and a week from now, (about this time too) I'll be in the OR holding a baby or about to have one!!!

37. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Yay! I'm so excited for our delivery thread to fill up with adorable baby pictures. My favorite part of this forum!

My bp is down and my gbs came back negative, so all that's left is to countdown. My ob doesn't do cervix checks other than one at 36 because she feels they are a waste since they aren't predictive, and she won't do a sweep before 39 weeks, so I'm going to have a couple of boring appointments coming up. 38 weeks on Sunday and I've already been telling everyone at work I'm only two weeks out.

38. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

yay! We're all getting so close (and some have already had their babes!). Excited to keep a close watch on the L&D board.

Had our 36w appointment yesterday and the GBS swab. No results yet. I did get checked, she said she does it as a baseline - I was a 1cm and she said she could feel the head! Crazy. I don't think I was checked this early with LO1, so I have nothing to compare it to. Though I know it's not predictive.

@kick641: haha I've been doing the same thing, telling people I have a little less time than I actually do (like if I have 2w3d, I just say 2 weeks). I'm not particularly sure why, because they'll probably start bugging me too early. But, hey, they are already driving me crazy! I don't think we'll have the same birth date as Kate, but that's so fun!

39. blackbird

I've been rounding to "two weeks left" since about wednesday, ha!

had my 38 week appt today. Everything looks good, no cervical check, and baby is head down. she pointed out the positioning of what I was feeling--said babies tend to be in a C-shape so the left side was the butt and the right side is likely knees and feet. i've been wondering what was going on in there!

They took me off my aspirin and warned me (again!) how quickly second labor can come on and that it can be any time!

40. blackbird

I just took inventory of my freezer and I think we are set! I still wanted to add breakfast sandwiches, which I'll put together tomorrow morning.

beef+broccoli
    lemon garlic chicken
    thai pomegranate meatballs
    pasta+tomato basil sauce (2 bags)
    pizza dough
    spaghetti sauce (4 bags)
    condensed chicken soup
    taco meat (5 lb)
    chicken tortilla soup (2 bags)
    honey lime chicken
    italian wedding soup
    quinoa enchilada bake