Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Nursery Inspiration

1. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: perfect, I'm super interested in them. J hated the crib so we coslept and dh would prefer to avoid that this time. OMG I love that combo! We did gold in J's room but that is so so beautiful. I may have to steal that idea

@blackbird: oh that artwork is the best! we did a woodland theme in J's room and I love it still.

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs squirreld: LOVE the colors!!! I adore the gold polka dots!!!!

I don't get to post much during the day bc of the nature of my job, and when I do it's from my phone but these redirects are a real bitch to deal with!!!

Just popped in to say that PBK has free s/h on all bedding this weekend. This may not seem like a lot but it actually is bc they have the most stupidly exorbitant s/h charges...Been waiting to order the matching sheets to H 's big girl set bc it was $15 just to ship them. I deeply love PB/PBK but I always want to *slap*slap*slap* them over their crazy high ship fees.

Also they have 20% off monograms this weekend. The one I want for H's room went from $149 to $119 so I'm going to do it, but can't decide if I want to also do one in S's nursery. I think the wooden letters look so nice but not sure if her full name in wooden letters would look better- more babyish? I kind of love the idea of her first and MN on display? Thoughts?

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: You totally got me looking at the Winborg stuff and now I am in love with this canvas for little girl's room! Thinking light blue walls to match one of those blues, white furniture and pink rug.

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I love both those name things, but I agree that I kinda like the first/middle for a baby's room. If you are doing the monogram in H's room, I think I would do a different one for S's room! But you really can't go wrong either way

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I had not seen that one and I LOVE it! I love the colors too! I have really been digging all of the pinks and navy and blues that have suddenly made an appearance lately! That will be gorgeous:) Oopsy Daisy pretty regularly offers free shipping (otherwise it's ridiculous!), and I think if you sign up for emails they may send you a coupon? I really love that so much!

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Thanks! Do you think this PBK set would match? Really just the sheet, crib skirt and blanket. I wouldn't even get the bumper. It's backordered online until May, but I'm hoping if I call maybe they can find a store with it in stock.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/brooklyn-nursery-bedding-pink/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-bedding&

7. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@SeptMomma12: I'm creeping on this thread because I love all things pottery barn kids and nurseries. I think that set would be beautiful with that picture! It's one of my all time favorite sets of theirs.

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@ladybee: Thanks! I have loved it for a long time too. You just sealed the deal for me I'm hoping they can help me somehow get it before May 31, but even if they can't, it's not like the quilt and crib skirt are necessities in the first few weeks!

9. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@SeptMomma12: our closet pbk is 30 minutes away which isn't too bad but with a baby is hell. They've mailed me stuff before as long as I was willing to pay shipping.

10. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Love that set! I really love all things PBK and PB:) That will be gorgeous together!

Am I the only one using a bumper for a newborn? I was all anti-bumper for #1. But H didn't start rolling until 4 months. And rolling into the slats woke her up, so I researched it way too much and then decided that at that age, if they rolled into the bumper, they have the instinct to get out if it's constricting their breathing. And I think Mrs Jacks corroborated this thought process if I'm not mistaken, so we got a bumper around 6 months old, and I wondered why I had skipped it since she couldn't even get anywhere near it for the first 4 months...So I'm just going to start out with one for #2, and just get all the cuteness I can out of it.

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

OH plus we have a video monitor of course, and we have that Snuza monitor that H wore until she started rolling and moving it and giving false alarms that caused DH and I both to have heart failure. Sooooo, I'm going with the bumper!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I decided to do the full name for S's nursery:) I am kind of knee-deep in decorating over here which is why I'm indecisive about so much! I have to finish our office, H's Big Girl Room, the nursery, and the girls' shared bathroom all before LO2 gets here. We built a house and have lived in it a little over a year, and I obviously waited on the bedrooms to see what we ended up with, and the office just got neglected. So I want to get our house totally finished before S gets here. My head is spinning:)

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@ladybee: I called and it turned out our nearest store (about 20 mins) has all of the pieces I want! So I am going to head there tomorrow. I got an email today for 15% off, one day only, but our store is closed on Sundays (stupid North Jersey law), so I am really hoping they will honor it tomorrow.

@PrincessBaby: We never had a problem with my son and the slats, but he was a good sleeper from the beginning. I could definitely see getting one if it turns out it bothers this little lady! I suddenly realized there are only 4 months to go (and given my history, I will probably be advised to take it easy within a few weeks), so I'm going a little crazy too. We are putting the baby in the current guest room and moving the guest room downstairs into the office, which we never use. Unfortunately the office has become a dumping ground for everything in the 3 years we have lived in this house, so we have a lot of cleaning/organizing to do before that move can take place

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Just saw that Oopsy Daisy has free shipping right now! Until the 13th. What size canvas did you get? 24x18 seems a little small, but 40x30 seems HUGE!

15. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: YES our office became the dumping ground too! We have the office furniture in there, but still have boxes on one side from our move:( LO2's nursery is going to be the guest room (also a place for boxes)...The floor plan of our house did not allow for a 4th bedroom, long story -even though we wanted one. But we do have a pretty large office so we have to de-junk it, and we ordered a sleeper sofa from PB right before Christmas so that will be our answer to a guest room. It will just be an office with a really nice seating area that guests can use to sleep. But while we're at it, we're just going to go ahead and paint, decorate, etc and make it nice while we only have 1 kid to distract us lol.

16. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yep I got the 40 X 30. It's a really good size, like it will definitely be a center focal point of the nursery. But it's not crazy huge or anything. It's crazy $$$! Unfortunately. But I think it's a perfect size if it's going on a main wall or above the crib. I had put H's name above her crib, and I really think I'm going to put this painting above the crib this time, and I can't decide where I'm putting her name if I do that. We technically only have 3 walls to do anything with bc one wall is all windows and plantation shutters.

ETA: I do think the free shipping is a good deal and they don't always have that! When I first saw it at my local baby store and loved it, then looked it up online, I remember it being like $25 to ship. Um no. Then on Black Fri they had 20% off or something, but STILL charged for shipping, so I ended up getting the local store to match the Black Fri price and they ordered me a "fresh" one to the store so I didn't have to pay their stupid shipping! Can you tell how obsessive I was about it?!? LOl

For some places, a free shipping promo is like "Meh." But for them and for PBK, I'd feel pretty good I was getting a good deal with Free S/h!

17. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm just lurking but do you happen to know the make of the original mirror in your inspiration?? I love it! I

18. RubyCali

apricot / 303 posts

These nurseries are beautiful! I'm not due with LO #2 until July but now I have PBK fever!

@PrincessBaby: Is the free shipping just on sheets, duvet covers, etc? I'm looking at a big girl bed for my first and it still shows a shipping charge. Is there a code I'm missing?

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Just ordered the 40x30! I found a coupon code online for 20% off plus the free shipping, so it worked out very well! Still expensive, but at least I feel like I got a deal

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@fuzzypeaches: From the photo I posted with the canvas I bought in it? I don't know where it's from, I'm sorry! But I found a similar one that's gorgeous from PBK!

@RubyCali: The free shipping ended yesterday I think:( I ordered my LO sheets on Friday and there was a code....I am pretty sure it was "bedding." It wiped the shipping charges to $0 but I think it ended:(

@SeptMomma12: That's an awesome deal!!!!! You go, Mama! That would make me love it even more every time I looked at it

21. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@PrincessBaby: thank you, I will have to look! I just love it!

22. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

You are all so organised!!! I thought I better start atleast something.. so I have ordered the crystals and felt to make her raincloud mobile.. Can't wait to get started.... this is my inspiration but I'm going to add in a sun and pastel rainbow etc

I'm also going to get some card to make this garland So cute!

But my current big task is cleaning out the cupboards which are full of junk in her future room!

23. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: I love that PBK monogram, but if you haven't already ordered it, check out Etsy...I found some great prices there when looking at them for J.

24. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Ohhhh that is so cute!!

I'm totally stalled for a bit. I just kinda don't know what I want to do! Here's what I'm working with for now. Random fish picture on the wall and random vases stored in there, plus a full sized bed we can't get rid of yet.

I did, however, get this gorgeous light fixture from Shades of Light in, though.

25. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: oh that light fitting is stunning. Yeah, we still have a queen bed etc in ours too. We are going to wait to march to pack that up incase we have guests!

26. blackbird

@Mrs squirreld: We have the ugliest dark brown super old 1970's fan in there right now. Can't wait to dump that POS.

We have a twin in our other bedroom (we have 4 upstairs) and a california king down in the basement, in a side room we've nicknamed "the dungeon" but that full bed is where we drag E if we have to sleep with her! And with all the sicknesses going around right now, it seems that that happens at least a few times a month!

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: You are so right! I ended up canceling my order actually....I had envisioned it going above H's new bed/headboard, but it's a canopy bed and I totally didn't notice there's not enough room for it between the top of the headboard and the canopy- Duh. I did find some really cute ones on etsy and at least I have plenty of time to just order one of those for less and figure out another place to put one on her wall:) Thank you!

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: That light is gorgeous! Our house was built in the 60s and none of the bedrooms have overhead lights - it drives me nuts. Definitely on the house "to do" list.

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs squirreld: That garland is amazing! I can't wait to see this little girl's room

30. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Our living room is that way...just one big light but no can lighting. Some day i want to get some installed because it's so dark in the winter, but it's not cheap to have new lighting wired and installed.

31. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: The previous owners put overhead lights in the living room and it makes such a difference!

32. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

PBK has free s/h on EVERYTHING today- but of course excludes furniture. I also got another 15% off code in my inbox today that does NOT exclude furniture, so it looks like today is the day that I order THE mirror and the glider!!!

33. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I just realized they won't let you combine the free ship code and the 15% code, can only use one or other. They are such turds.

34. LuLu Mom

GOLD / wonderful olive / 19030 posts

@PrincessBaby: March mom stalking this thread as I put finishing touches on my nursery. I'm obsessed with the name/middle name letters you posted, do you know where it's from or is it just on Pinterest? I LOVE it.

35. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@LuLu Mom: it's from this blog, apparently she ordered letters from a craft site:
    http://projectnursery.com/projects/pink-aqua-gray-nursery/#

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Ugh, I just ordered sheets yesterday and paid $8 shipping! So frustrating. But when I went to the store yesterday for all the other bedding, they agreed to honor my 15% off from the weekend (since our stores in North Jersey are closed on Sundays), so I guess we're even...

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I hate how they get you, one way or another lol...If it makes you feel better, the big girl set I wanted for H was sold out in the size I needed and I stalked ebay, lost an auction for it, tried to find something I liked as much to no avail, and basically was batshit over it. Then one night I randomly stalked it on the site and they had it magically available so I bought it as quick as I could and they absolutely beat me up on shipping charges and I had no coupon:(. But then it immediately showed as out of stock again, so I must have gotten a return and really couldn't have afforded to wait on it. It was like $20 in shipping and I shook my head at my love/hate for them and their stuff/shipping charges!!!

38. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Ugh, that's so frustrating! I called to see if I could cancel my order and then reorder with free shipping, but it was too late. I'm still going to order a few things today and take advantage of it though.

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I'd love any opinions on my saga of crib bumper material:)

The first pic is the material I love, that I picked out to go with the Winborg painting I uploaded a pic of earlier. But it's discontinued and sold out.

Second swatch is a similar print, I think the color is off but it's from a site where the color can be customized, so I could see if they could match it to the one I love. At first I thought it looked just like the first one, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like snakeskin/reptile print? Am I nuts? Do you see that?

The 3rd pic is the only other swatch I like...I really love this print for pillows, but don't know if it is nursery-like. I would pair it with a pastel pink sheet, and the walls would be soft aqua and rug light pink.

Which do you like best? Should I pursue the custom route ($$$) and see if they can match the color of the first pic? Or does it look like reptile skin?

Or should I scratch the obsession with the first one, and go with the 3rd new print?

The Winborg canvas would hang over it:)

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I like both options a lot - you can't go wrong either way - but I think I actually like the third the best of all. I LOVE that color/print.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee