Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Nursery Inspiration

1. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@PrincessBaby: I can't wait to see the transformation! I would be super nervous about it too! I have done the first coat on the dresser and I'm loving. I want to bring in inside to do the final coat and top so I'm trying to make some room!

@SeptMomma12: I like the first one the best too... I agree with princessbaby about the smoothness of it but again I like them both!

I have been working my butt off today in the spareroom/nursery, organising and sorting while DS naps. Soooo much stuff to get donated and even more stuff going to the rubbish tip which I feel a bit guilty about but its 9 years worth of spareroom crap that has just built up. I'm going to feel sooo cleansed once it is done. Half of her wardrobe is going to have to remain office stuff but half will be hers for hanging etc and we will have the dresser aswell for her clothes so I think it will be fine for the few months we will be in this house with her. I just keep focusing on getting through cause then I can focus on decorating!

2. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

@Mrs squirreld: July mumma nursery stalking... I wonder where you got your gorgeous rug? I'm hoping they might have something similar with silver instead of gold? Thank you!

3. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@bunnylove: it was off "catch of the day" which is like a daily sales website here in australia. I'll see if I can find out the brand/maker to see if that will help you once it has been delivered.

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs squirreld: We are doing the same thing next weekend - shipping LO to grandma and grandpa for the day so we can clean out the "office" (aka dumping room!) and move the guest room. Then we will have the painter come in and put in crown molding and paint her room! LO's naps aren't long enough to get anything done anymore

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Total rando post bc I know that you get obsessed with kids' art/prints...

I'm nuts for this print on oopsydaisy for H's big girl room...Cannot decide where to put it so haven't ordered a size yet, but just wanted to share it and get your thoughts!

6. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Would also like to interject a pregnancy irritability complaint. The painters are here for a second day and I want to leave just so they don't ask me any more questions. They are touching up a room that we noticed a couple of issues with and doing the nursery furniture. As much as I want it all done so I can get cracking even harder on the nursery, I wish they would leave me the hell alone. Pregnancy irritability FTW!

A helper just asked me if he could unlock a door to the garage. I almost did not even answer such a stupid question that I don't have the energy for.

#Nopatience. #28weeks. #OverIt.

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Okay! So the furniture is still not complete - we encountered some minor setbacks but she is coming back Tuesday to finish...I am pretty in love with it so far and can't wait to see the completed project!

Also - I don't know if any of you are also working on a bathroom for your LOs to share, but I am just posting what I've got for the girls' bathroom bc I love it SO MUCH. Their bathroom is painted aqua now, it's actually that Swimming color from Sherwin Williams, and I have a shower curtain that looks like a waterfall in a bunch of different blue ruffles, and I want to do a mermaid theme in lavender and aqua. I'll post pics when we're done, but I just wanted to share the canvases I ordered on etsy! I'm sooooo excited about everything!

8. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

The three top canvases go on one wall and the bottom one goes on another....

And here are befores of the crib and changing table

9. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: The furniture looks AMAZING! And I love that painting for H's big girl room! So pretty. We were going to update LO's room, but as long as he's still in a crib, I'm going to leave it. I'd rather wait and update it when he switches to a twin bed and we can buy new bedding and stuff. It seems silly to buy new crib sheets (either for a crib or toddler bed) at this point. He doesn't care!

10. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you! That's exactly why I've never done anything special with H's room since we moved - I was just holding out until I knew what big girl furniture I wanted, what comforter, etc. She had builder's off white paint and nothing on the walls until this past month and we moved in Aug 2013:)

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

So this is the dresser I'm looking at that goes with the crib. Do you ladies think it's strange how much open space is underneath? I like the style otherwise but it feels like so much wasted space!

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Yes, that is a weird height...It's not tall enough to do anything cutesy with, like stick those baskets with the cute liners under. But it's tall enough to be an invitation for tons of toys and balls and probably LOs crawling. I also love it otherwise, but hmmm.

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Same thought! I absolutely love the style, but why waste all that space?!?

14. bunnylove

coffee bean / 29 posts

@Mrs squirreld: That would be wonderful, thanks. I'm in Australia too so should be pretty straight forward!

15. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Officially crazy. The house we live in at the moment is owned and paid for by DH's work. It's old and small. Anyways we've just been told they are moving everyone out of the old houses and into brand new houses in a new estate. These houses are brand new and never lived in and would be amazing for us as the are alot bigger. They will do every thing for us moving and packing etc which is great....but they are moving everyone starting april....APRIL. ummmm crap. We are just waiting to hear now where we are on the list and if its possible to get moved sooner due to our circumstances!!!!! Nursery decorating is officially on hold!!

16. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Oh no! How great but what horrible timing.

17. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Holy smokes!!!

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: oh my goodness!! I'm planning kind of sort of a move in the next 3 months and yet that would stress me out.

19. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Our nursery furniture is white! I love it! Attaching pics of it and to show the very light distressing! The only think I don't love is that our plantation shutters are so super white next to it, but I'm just going to have to deal. I didn't want it to be a bright white, but never thought about the plantation shutters.

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh and excuse all the junk we haven't cleared out yet!

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I have a ton of stuff to buy from PBK and PB, just been sitting in my shopping carts waiting for the inevitable coupon. TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! 20% off F&F weekend if anyone is waiting to buy anything! I am so excited! I'm trying to finish my house before DD2 comes!

@SeptMomma12: you can get your crib 20% off!

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: It excludes furniture:( I was so excited too...until I saw that fine print. But we are definitely going to buy the rug I've had in my cart! We learned the hard way with my son's rug that if it's a "looped" rug, our cat will absolutely destroy it, so we actually only have one pink option this time around - makes it much easier to decide!

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh no! That's so crappy:(. Fwiw I bought DD1's light pink rug from PBK and it's seen some tough days- vomit, etc- and it still looks pretty new even with lots of traffic. We don't wear shoes in the house, but still, I have other rugs that still show a little wear and I've been happy with the pink rug:)

24. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@PrincessBaby: the furniture turned out amazing!! Love it!!!

How is everyone going? Things are kind of at a stand still here until we know if we are moving or not...fingers crossed! So for now I've just been working on her furniture and a few small things. Finished painting the dresser and started destressing it so here is a sneak peak at that.....excuse the horrible crappy light..the lights at night in there are bad. Still have to sand back the top and order the hardware...but I'm loving it so far. Found these cute little cloud hooks so painted them. Working on her mobile still....just started threading the crystal raindrops on

25. CocoLoco523

pea / 24 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm in a similar boat in that we are building our first home. We thought we would close end of May/start of June, but just found out they moved our date up to mid/late April!! EEK I'm due May 7th.

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Sorry I've been kind of absent on this thread - I love all your ideas and what you guys have started so far!!!

We have done approximately 3 things. But I'm loving how it's all falling into place. Still need to find a dresser and some art/frames to go above it.

Here's the one wall of the nursery. DD's current crib will go under the whale print (it's a white jenny lind) and I think we'll setup a little reading nook under the lucite bookshelves so DD and DS can "read" together. Then the wall you can't see will have the dresser and gallery.

27. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Oooh I LOVE that whale print! I'm so jealous of how bright and light your nursery is. I'm hoping our new house will be like this.. our current house has rooms like caves!

28. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@CocoLoco523: oh how stressful. Everything will work out I'm sure

29. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

A little photo of some nest tables I repainted for her nursery...shows our colours a bit better than the horrible photos above. The mint on the dresser is the same as the table. And then peach and gold

30. blackbird

So....I finally got my ass together on this. You know, this week. Here's what I've got so far! And this is the quilt I made (it's finished now), so I pulled the colors from it.

31. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@blackbird: so bright & cheery, I like it!!

I can't say our nursery is decorated yet... We've got the essentials (mostly), and shower gifts line the walls, but it is certainly not "show quality" yet.

32. blackbird

@GoGoSnoGirl: Meh, you got time! I just sort of got the buzz to work on it and then next thing you know, i was rolling!

33. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@Mrs squirreld: obsessed with your nursery ideas!!

34. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@andthewildones: aww thankyou!! Its pretty much finished now. I will have to post some photos once I am home from hospital...I really love her room

35. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

How is everyone going with their nurseries??? Surely we have some completed ones? Entertain me with photos while I wait for this bubba

36. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: that quilt looks gorgeous... I wish I could make something like that.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee