Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

I have my first appointment next week (at 8.5 weeks). I know they're planning to do an ultrasound, but what else happened for you ladies at your first appointment? I'm curious, and doctor's appointments always make me nervous!

2. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

@petunia354: Thinking of you

3. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

I can't reply to everyone as I am on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate! But I'm glad I'm not the only one with rlp, at least I have other people to suffer with hahaha

4. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@atoz: I go over insurance information then get my dating ultrasound. Blood is drawn, weight and blood pressure checked, a quick internal exam, and go over family history with the nurse. Doc answers any questions and I get a goodie bag with samples, etc. I also get a handout with dos and donts. In my experience, this appointment besides the anatomy scan is the most exciting. They are pretty boring after this.

5. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry

@atoz: At my first appointment I had my ultrasound, blood pressure and weight checked, and then talked to my doctor about things so far and what type of testing I wanted to do. I don't have my blood work for another week and a half, but it sounds like most get theirs done at the first appointment. I had my annual the month before, so I didn't need to have any real exams at that time. Good luck!

6. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry to read this thinking of you!

7. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@BandDmommy: @sslm: @TrailRunner: @atoz: Thank you everyone I'll be following along here and wishing you all the best!

8. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@Mamasig: @TrailRunner: Thanks!!

9. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@delight: Thinking of you today

10. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@TrailRunner: thanks so much. My doctor called with the wrong scan date though and my scan is actually tomorrow. ahhhhhhhhh! I'm just trying to keep my mind of things and get through the days. I'll update tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@petunia354: I'm sorry you are going through this too. My thoughts are with you.

12. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@delight: Thanks, friend. I really am pulling for you and thinking of you as well!

13. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@delight: @petunia354:

14. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@delight: @petunia354: Thinking of you both

15. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

I had my first appointment with my midwife today! I've officially switched to midwifery care

I am 10+3 today and she was able to find the heartbeat with the doppler. Feeling a little more comfortable now!!

16. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@sslm: Thats awesome! I'm really waiting for that appointment when we can hear the HB with the doppler. I've had 2 great ultrasounds that were reassuring but now I have to wait a few weeks til the next one and 2 more weeks for my dr. appt. Am I crazy for considering paying $250 for an ultrasound now??

17. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Autumnmama79: 2 ultrasounds? I don't even see my OB till mid-November (12 weeks).

18. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: I only had the two scans because of my 2 previous mc's and was being monitored by a fertility clinic for the first 10 weeks.

ETA: Now I've been transferred back to my regular OB/GYN and don't see her until the 22nd of October, at which time she'll schedule another ultrasound, and I think I only get that one bc I'm 36 yrs old. With DD I only had the one at 18 weeks, which is the norm here in BC.

19. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry. Thinking of you.

20. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@delight: Thinking of you tomorrow!

How's everyone doing? The last few days (I'm 8 weeks today) I've been SO exhausted. I had a can of Coke yesterday afternoon which helped a little, but I still had to pawn off toddler duty on my sweet husband after work so I could go to bed at 6:30. I might have to do the same thing tonight. I'm feeling so tired! Any magic cures?

21. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@My Only Sunshine: No cures for the exhaustion, all I've been able to do is ride it out. Lots of take-out dinners and dining out, plus coming up with creative games to play with DD that involve me laying on the couch . DH has been working very long hours so I haven't been able to pawn anything onto him - but I would if I had the chance!

22. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Autumnmama79: I hear you on games you can play on the couch! I somehow miraculously taught my 2 year old daughter that "playing night night" is a really fun game. It involves us laying on the couch and pretending to be asleep. Sometimes she'll even put a blanket over me to "tuck tuck" me in and rub my back.

23. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Same, I wish I had a cure. When I work from home I try to sneak in naps, but a 20 min power nap has turned into an unexpected 90 min snoring fest on more than one occasion. Then I wake up feeling even worse. I'm actually craving diet coke, think that'll work? Just don't want to be tired AND jittery.

You ladies with other LOs running around are seriously my heroes. I can barely keep up with my dog right now!

24. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@My Only Sunshine: my husband has been majorly picking up the slack. I've been useless for the last 5 weeks! My toddler is developing a daddy preference which breaks my heart

25. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

I've reached the "only way to keep nausea at bay is to constantly eat"... this should really help my effort not to gain the embarrassing amount of weight I gained with LO1...

26. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: same. My poor dogs haven't gone on a walk in knows how long. I'm not even going to say the last time I exercised.

I take little cat naps when I work at home and a full blown nap when I get home if I have gone into the office. Idk how those of you with kids are doing this!

@sslm: I'm just getting to the end of the "have to eat 24/7" phase. I gained a few more pounds than I wanted. Oh well. I'm glad you are starting to get a little better tho!

27. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

I have to take catnaps too, when I get home from work, or lay down for an hour. When I've had a Coke or Diet Coke it is AMAZING but I'm not having them often because of the health factor. I'm not usually a soda drinker but man, that caffeine + sugar combo is amazing!

Feeling guilty because I'm probably miserable to live with right now--in bed by 8 every night and nauseas and exhausted when I wake up! Getting dinner on a plate is a monumental effort.

I'm hoping my mood will improve when this starts to feel more "real" (hopefully after the first appointment?) because I really have nothing I should be complaining about!

28. atoz

cherry / 201 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm with you! I don't know how you all do it with little ones. Right now this is so exhausting, I'm amazed that people have more than one child!

29. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Same here, it's really hard doing this with a toddler! Definitely my DH has been doing overtime in the parenting department. No advice, but hopefully we'll all get some of our energy back soon.

@sslm: I'm doing the constantly eating thing too. I told DH that I feel like I have a black hole in my stomach.

30. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@sslm: I got to that point today. I hadn't had much of a problem with nausea before now except when driving. But today it was bad. Every time I forced myself to eat and then it was better.

@delight: Hoping everything goes well tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*

Once again, my email is swallowing my update alerts. I don't know why. They're not going to spam, so idk what's going on.

31. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

Yes, I am also at the eat all the time state. I'm freaked out by all the weight I've gained already! I went to my 1st appointment today. Doctor said this is survival mode and try to eat more protein. My due date was changed to May 21 and little baby looked great. Heartbeat was 167. Hearing that little heart never gets old!

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Well I got quite a shock today when the tech found the baby and heartbeat at my follow-up scan. I have no details about what the baby is measuring because the radiologist needs to look everything over and send a report to my doctor. However, the tech showed me the screen and I saw a tiny baby blob and heartbeat so hopefully things are progressing on the right track. It looks like it is still measuring behind but I'll hold on to some faith for now. I hope I continue to have positive updates. It's Thanksgiving weekend here and I'm definitely thankful for a baby with a heartbeat. Happy Thanksgiving all you fellow Canuck mamas. And thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers during this stressful week.

33. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@delight: That's great to hear! Happy Thanksgiving to you

34. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@delight: awesome!! So happy to hear this update!!

35. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@delight: This just made my day!!! From one canuck to another, happy thanksgiving to you and your family

36. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@delight: that is fantastic news!

37. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@delight: So happy to hear this!

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@delight: great news!

39. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

I just got a crib and changing station for $75! It needs to be sanded and refinished, but still such a great deal! I love garage sales!

40. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@delight: that's so great!!! I really hope you continue to get good news!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee