Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@fitfigure87: wohoo!!! Congrats on the VBAC!! He's adorable!!

2. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: wow! That is a crazy story! I would freak out if I didn't have my epidural LOL! I'm so happy baby is ok and you're doing well!

3. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@sslm: thank you!! So happy I got to VBAC👏

4. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@HazelEyes: that sounds awful! I hope you feel better!

5. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: he's so cute! Glad everything worked out and he's healthy. Sounds like you guys are doing great!

@fitfigure87: congrats!! He's so cute!!

6. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@fitfigure87: Yay! Your little guy looks a lot like my own lil squish Glad you got your vbac and awesome he made such a speedy exit after you started to push.

7. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

Finally got the results from the growth scan, baby is measuring normally and the big fundal height measurement is mostly due to all the massive fluid pockets I have.

I had another stretch and sweep, I am now 4cm dilated! Hopefully baby will be here soon, just taking time to rest up for labour.

8. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@fitfigure87: Yay! Congrats mama! What a cutie

9. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@iheartleopardprint: wow already 4cm? Hopefully it's coming soon!!

10. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@iheartleopardprint: great news!!! I hope it happens soon for you!!

11. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

My little miss Rory arrived on Monday at 1:22am. 7lbs 10oz. I was GBS+ and my water broke at 4am Sunday morning. My first labor was super long so we didn't rush in for antibiotics, waited for dd to wake up, have breakfast and dropped her off with my parents. Checked in around 10am and was only 1 cm and weak irregular contractions. Did lots of walking and ball bouncing all day but only at 3cms by 8pm and with my water broken they started pitocin to get stuff moving. Only progressed to 4cms by 11pm so they upped the drip and wow is that no joke. Contractions were fast and hard, called for epidural and in the meantime baby wasn't taking the contractions well, heart rate dropping with each one. Got the epi in but it did nothing, in the meantime I was at 10cms and we needed to get her out asap. A small episiotomy and vacuum assist and I pushed her out in less then 10 mins. She recovered perfectly once out and my epidural kicked in just in time for the stitches.

The start was slow but we went from 4cms to birth in less then 2 hours. Got to leave the hospital late that same afternoon and get home to dd1 who came down with a stomach flu overnight (that she got from my SIL at mothers day supper while we were in the hospital). It's been a crazy few days!

12. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@iheartleopardprint: Wow that's great! Good luck!

13. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

Thanks everyone! Spending today with DD1 after we take DS to school, as it could be out last day just the two of us before baby girl comes! It's still blowing my mind that I am 4cm and active labour hasn't started! With DD I was in agony by now! Crazy how different it can be!

14. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

@iheartleopardprint: I feel you! I'm almost at 4cm with a lot of pressure but contractions keep turning on and off. Hoping to get a second membrane sweep at my 39 week appointment tomorrow.

15. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: I hope they turn into something for you! I have had BH, but nothing painful or anything so I was surprised to hear I was 4cm.

I couldn't sleep last night knowing that baby will be here soon, it feels so much more real after hearing my body is making progress. I am 39 weeks today, so we must be due at the same time!

16. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Well my good news is that I made it through today without going into labor! DS has a nasty ear infection and has been a hot mess since Saturday, so he was out of daycare Monday and Tuesday. He has been waking up multiple times at night and my regular sitter has the flu, so it's been a lot of solo parenting an angry toddler while DH has had to commute 150 miles round trip on Saturday, Monday, and today. So between taking care of DS, not getting enough sleep, and being terrified I was going to go into labor while DH was far away, it's been a stressful few days!

Luckily, DS slept through the night last night and made it to daycare today so that I could be here for the carpet cleaners (one of my last few big nesting things). And DH made it through his last long commute before D-Day, what a relief! He was actually supposed to go in tomorrow and Saturday too, but I put my foot down since my C-section is first thing Sunday morning!

With the carpet finally clean, we moved the furniture around in the master to accommodate the recliner and bassinet. Which of course means I'm reorganizing all the clothes and making up bags to go to Goodwill! DH's closet and dressers are organized and now it's just my closet that's a mess. I've been having pretty steady Braxton Hicks the last week and they have been picking up the last few days so I guess I should take it slow and do my closet later.

Tomorrow, I have to get my pre-op labs done, DH has to put all the furniture back once the carpets are dry, and hopefully we can have a lunch date. Friday, all I want to do is get the cars washed, go out to lunch, and have a mani-pedi. Saturday my mom will arrive to watch DS so perhaps DH and I can have one last date night.

So just 3 more days to go! Stay in there baby!

17. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@xInfinity: congratulations!! Our babies have the same birthdate! So glad it all went well for you!

18. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@xInfinity: congrats! What a bummer about the stomach bug tho. Hopefully nobody else gets it!

19. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@xInfinity: congrats!!!!!

20. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

Quick question! I've never been a part of a board like this so my question is do we all move over to a post partum thread or do people just drop off? I would love to stay together so I don't feel so alone!

21. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

Had my last OB appt this afternoon and it was my last work day in the office! RCS next Friday...

22. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@fitfigure87: there is a post partum thread someone started! If you go to the May 2016 due date board thing there is a post partum thread on there.

23. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@TrailRunner: OK! Thanks!!

24. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

All these babies!

I just had my 37 week appointment yesterday. Last week I had nothing, this week I"m 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced!! She said, "you should make an appointment for next week, but you might not make it." Then my "membranes are bulging, so it won't be a trickle, it will be a gush." Umm ok then! Super. I now have towels everywhere. She also told me not to wait the hour, if I"m having minute long contractions every five minutes for a half hour call bc I could go 0-60. I promptly got home and finished my hospital bag that I was hemming and hawing over.

Oh, and surprise again, I"m GBS negative.... I was positive with J, so I"m shocked but really happy I don't have to get antibiotics. Not that it was awful, but if my labor goes as fast as everyone keeps saying, that is one less thing to worry about. Yeeee-ikes!

25. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@HazelEyes: Exciting! I have no idea where I'm at, because Dr doesn't want to check and risk anything moving along because of the c/s...I'd be interested to know how far along I was though!

26. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: one more week to go for you mama!!

@HazelEyes: sounds really close! How exciting

27. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

Baby L is here! Repeat c-section with no problems. He's 8 lbs 4 oz which is like a pound and a half bigger than my daughter. He is so precious and we're in love!

28. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@My Only Sunshine: congratulations!!

29. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@My Only Sunshine: yay! Congrats mama

30. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

It's midnight! It's my baby's birthday! We leave for the hospital for my repeat section in 5.5 hours!

31. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@My Only Sunshine: congrats!!

@gingerbebe: good luck! Can't wait to hear an update!

32. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@Autumnmama79: congrats!

33. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: congrats and what a crazy story!

34. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

Trying to catch up on the thread!

Baby Charlotte was born on Mother's Day instead of her due date the 7th. It all happened so fast. Sat morning I was .only 2cm since my check up on Monday. Walked around and ate some spicy food to see if I could progress it. At 1:47 am the contractions started to be 5 minutes apart. Called the doctor and they said to come in. Woke up my husband and my mom. My mom stayed overnight which worked out! She stayed with our toddler. Got to the hospital and I was at 6 cm when they checked me in. I said I want an epidural and they said ok, let's get your IV in, draw blood and fill out paperwork. Afterwards, they said let's move you to your room. I felt a weird sensation and a warm trickle down my leg when I stood up from the bed. My water broke and the contractions was more intense! They asked me if I could walk to the room and I said yes, get me that epidural! The nurse said let me check you to see if we have time. She said you are at 9 and there is no time! You can do this! Crap!!!! As I'm lying in bed I said, I feel like I need to poop. The nurse said its the baby don't push yet! I'm screaming up a storm. The doctor had to be paged three times! The dr arrives and tells me ok you can push now. After 1.5 contractions baby C came out! It
    was a different experience from my first one with an epidural. I still can't believe I did it without an epidural!!!

35. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@ohemgee: congrats mama!!! That's such an awesome story. So amazing that you did it without meds you must be feeling great!

36. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@gingerbebe: I hope everything went well!!!!

37. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@ohemgee: congrats!!!

38. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@ohemgee: omg so exciting!!! I can't believe you did it without an epidural😱 all the babies are being born! So exciting!

@gingerbebe: hope it all goes well!! Congratulations!

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

We've been bumped twice so still waiting!!

40. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@My Only Sunshine: @ohemgee: congrats!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee