Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Haaaaalp. Baby J is 12 weeks and his daytime naps are ALL over the place. Saturday= slept 3+ hours in the crib then in the stroller when we went out to dinner. Sunday = one 45 min nap. Yesterday = two hour long naps plus he slept in the stroller while I went grocery shopping. Today = NOTHING... It's 1:30 and he's been up since 7:30. He's having an exceptionally hard time falling/staying asleep except if he's on me. I've tried both the crib, the rnp, darkened room, noise machine, singing, shushing, praying to the baby sleep gods, and nothing.

Usually he goes back to sleep 2 hours after waking up really reliably, but delivery people were here so he wouldn't go down amidst all the commotion.

I think I just needed to vent!

2. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@YogiRunner: We're having some of the same issues over here! For about 2 months now, most of Baby E's naps have been 30 minutes or less if she's not on me. I'm working sooo hard on drowsy but awake and we're making some progress sometimes it just doesn't work.... there's no consistency and it's driving me nuts! One day I can soothe her back to sleep easily when she wakes up after 30 minutes (and she'll sleep another hour!) and other days she's WIDE awake and nothing will put her back to sleep. The new thing is spitting out her pacifier over and over and crying for me to put it back in.... she can't sleep without it and I'm running upstairs every 2-3 minutes to replace it.

It's been really hard on me because I'm working from home a day or two a week and without any consistency to naps I can't get anything done... I really don't want to have to be in the office every day but if things don't get better I'll need to.

3. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

@rockinghorse:

Enzo is 10 weeks.
    He's been sleeping in his crib since 6 weeks and switched from swaddleme to Merlins suit at 8 weeks.

Between 6-8 weeks we began a sleep routine and he's in bed by 8:30. A few weeks of the sleep routine and now he has a few 7-8hr stretches a week. If not he sleeps 1 5hr stretch, dream feed and then sleep ms 2-3 hrs

4. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@csross217: I hear you. Naps are super hit or miss for us here, as is sleep at night. I don't usually mind too much that she wants to sleep in my arms though.... Good nap time for me too!

5. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@rockinghorse: I do love the snuggles! I'm finding now that since we've been putting her down for naps more often it's much harder for her to fall asleep while I'm holding her I know it's for the best though...

6. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@csross217: I know! The snuggles are the best! I'm so glad I have a couple of friends who are pregnant. I miss the little tiny baby stage already! I wan't more snuggles!

Before I tackle nap time, I want to try to get better night sleep. I read "Sleeping Through the Night" and we have a stellar initial bedtime routine with great success. We haven't however, reached the stage of sleeping long through the night. Right now bedtime is 7ish, dream feed somewhere between 9-10:30, then she wakes up at 1 like clockwork and I feed her, then she wakes up again 3:30-4:30ish and I feed her, and then falling back asleep is a joke. Sometimes I try letting her fuss a little, go in and sooth, fuss a little, go in and sooth, like we did for bedtime, but it takes forever and I am sooooo tired. So usually I bring her in bed with me where she kicks and squirms and overall does not let me sleep.

Any suggestions for getting rid of one of these night time feedings? I feel like it will just be like this until we start solids.

7. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

4 month sleep regression has started. 2 hour chunks. Lord help those who interact with me. But seriously. I kind of seethe in jealously when I hear about sttn.

8. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@rockinghorse: Ugh the 4 month regression is awful! I'm not sure if my DS is at the beginning of that (he's only 12 weeks so it'd be a little early?) or if he's in a growth spurt but sleep took a bad turn for us this week too. Sunday night he was up three times and up for the day at 4 am! Same thing ALL week. So very tired.

How's feeding going for everybody? I've been exclusively breastfeeding but I'm considering adding in some formula or possibly making the switch to all formula. I breastfed my daughter until she was 6 months, when my supply took a huge drop around the time she started solids. Things have been going fine, but he still wants to nurse like every hour and a half to 2 hours. It's been really hard on our almost-3-year-old to have me tied up in feeding him so often on the days I'm home. And on the days I'm at work, I HATE pumping and don't make enough to keep up with what he eats at daycare. I would also love for my husband to be able to help out with bedtime and the middle of the night. This was my first week back at work so I don't want to make the decision this week while I'm still adjusting.

9. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Breastfeeding is going well for us, but like you said, I'm not pumping as much as she eats while I'm at work. I might start doing some post feeding pumping sessions (but I don't wanna ). Let's face it, I really just hate pumping. It is especially frustrating when I come home and see ounces of milk just sitting out unused from DH or grandma! They just don't understand how much work it is for every ounce! Ugh!

My initial goal was 3 months, now it is 6 months. It is nice now because we are cloth diapering and EBF poop is water soluble so we don't have to rinse. And of course there are the benefits to the baby .

Have your babes started rolling over yet or anything? DD is a pro at push ups, and has been for quite a while, but no rolls as of yet (at 15 weeks). As a FTM I'm getting all anxious that she isn't meeting her milestones, but I know I just need to RELAX.

Anything else new with you guys?

10. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@rockinghorse: 4 month sleep regression over here too! Baby E is up 3-4 times a night.... last night it was bedtime at 9, up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30 and 6. Sooo tired.

But, she rolled over for the first time yesterday! Belly to back. She's been doing baby pushups for a while and she did one yesterday and just flipped over It was crazy how fast it happened! She's 16 and a half weeks.

@My Only Sunshine: Honestly.... breastfeeding sucks. E has always been a fussy nurser. I'm still dealing with an oversupply and I decided to drop my morning pump (I have over 300oz in the freezer already and high lipase so she struggles to drink it) and now I'm so crazy engorged that she's basically on a nursing strike. I've had to pump a little before feedings for the last 2 days and she still chokes and cries. I wanted to breastfeed until 6 months but I'm seriously considering EPing or doing a combo frozen milk/formula just because it's stressing me out so much

11. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Hi y'all. I stopped posting on this thread last month because everything was just a sh!tshow at home and I was tired of complaining about it. DS1's daycare closed suddenly so he was at home with us and then he caught HMF at a play cafe so we've had to keep the boys separated completely for the last 2 weeks.

DS2 was being crazy and not sleeping at night and not napping and just crying all the time and my PPA started coming back with a vengeance and I stopped eating and was just a zombie. He got formally diagnosed with reflux and we got him Prilosec and his colic has subsided so he started sleeping great. I got medication for my anxiety and with the extra sleep I am feeling like myself.

I've mostly switched to EPing again. This baby is actually great at nursing unlike his big brother but he's SUPER distracted and he wasn't eating enough and feedings were taking forever. Even on the bottle he pops on and off and it takes 30-40 minutes to finish a bottle feeding. He still nurses for comfort or if he needs a little more after his bottle.

But so far since the reflux meds he's been great. I'm off like everything like I was for my other son's reflux (dairy, beans, acidic food, caffeine, chocolate, coffee, tea, crucifers) and I even had to cut eggs because it made him insanely gassy. He gets a formula top off at 1030pm before we go to bed (like 3oz) and he gets formula when we are out at church. I freeze the difference and am building my stash that way.

He's sleeping 11pm after his Dreamfeed to 730am when we all wake up and he's taking 3 long naps during the day. He rolled from belly to back twice last week but it's not consistent. We dropped the swaddle last month because his sleep was crap anyway and in the last week he's found his thumb to suck on. Neither boy took a paci so this is a surprising development.

He is 3 months old today!

12. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Hi mamas! I've been MIA for quite awhile as we've been travelling lots and enjoying busy summer with a 7 year old and newborn. DS is an awesome baby. Sleeps well, eats well and is a generally happy lil guy. No rolling yet here but getting close. Loves to suck on his hands, starting to show a strong dislike for the carseat and really enjoys his little activity gym for playtime.

@YogiRunner: Sorry about the nap situation, I'm totally doing no schedule with this guy at all... When he's hungry he eats and when he's tired he sleeps lol. I hope your little one settles into a predicable routine for you soon!

@csross217: Yay for the rolling over! You've been working hard at the breast-feeding situation I can tell. Sounds like a combo situation might take some of the stress off you!

@ModernDayJibarita: Good lil sleeper you've got there! Mine's been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now - amazeballs.

@rockinghorse: Snuggles really are the very best. As far as the nightime feed goes, have you tried a nice tight swaddle?

@My Only Sunshine: Feeding is still going great (so thankful) but as yours, mine is still feeding every two hours. I don't mind though, I know that infancy is such a fleeting time and I will soon miss all those nursing snuggles...

@gingerbebe: Oh boy, you've been hit with a few doozies! Sounds like you were on top of everything and things have settled down considerably. Happy three months!!

13. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Hey all! Sounds like a number of us ran into sleep issues around 3 months, I wonder if it's their developmental milestones.

DS started rolling last week but not at all consistently. He really loves rolling over on his side while playing and to fall asleep at night. He also started sucking on his 4 fingers today, it was really cute! He seems like so much more of a "real boy", with the giggles and the little personality emerging. He's really fun.

Sleep is still hard during the day, but he'll reliably go down for a morning and mid afternoon nap, just wish they were longer than 45 min! Nights are getting better- earlier sleep time at about 8:30, he'll get up at 4:30ish then wake time is 7ish. Although last night he thought it would be fun to sing in his crib from 5-6 then sleep in till 8:30!

He is 15 weeks tomorrow

14. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi everyone!

M is still a very smiley, happy baby which is such after my colicky son. She also has a little reflux but she usually just swallows it and isn't super distressed.

Nursing has gone great. No issues there. (Again, total opposite of my son who we had to supplement from the beginning.) So opposite, in fact that we have been trying unsuccessfully for the last two months to get her to take a bottle and she is having none of it. I am supremely stressed about this. I have a couple more weeks of leave, but my MIL and mom are watching her for almost two weeks before she starts daycare. It's one thing for the daycare ladies to have to deal with her on a feeding strike but I feel so so terrible to have to do it to our moms!!! AND I'm wasting milk!!!

Anyone else have a bottle refuser??

15. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@YogiRunner: That's an awesome stretch of sleep! Hopefully naps get longer for you soon.

@HazelEyes: I'm sorry to hear about the bottle issues! No advice - we have the opposite problem. E is so distractible that she refuses to nurse most of the time during the day because she can look around easier when eating from a bottle

We're in the throes of the 4 month sleep regression here.... most nights she's up every 2-3 hours, but there have been a few nights of awake every 90 minutes... I'm so incredibly exhausted! The last few nights have been a little better so maybe we're starting to come out the other side. Naps still vary from 30 min-2 hours which makes it really hard to have any sort of routine during the day.

On the plus side, things are getting to be so much more fun! E is rolling over consistently from belly to back, and is babbling and cooing constantly! She's able to play independently on her activity mat for a few minutes at a time and is starting to put everything in her mouth

16. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

How's everyone doing?

We're in the middle of the 4 month regression/ wonder weeks leap (at least I'm blaming that), and she's up every 2 hrs or less...I bought a Woombie yesterday thinking it might make her happier to be able to put her hands together since she likes to do that, but I think it just pissed her off 😊. We were up every 45 minutes till I put her back in the halo swaddle. Then she slept from 3:45-6:45. DH tried to "help" -- meaning he took her for 10 minutes, managed to drop the soother on the ground, had to go downstairs to get another one, then handed it to me and said he had to use the washroom. Gee thanks for the help. He'll probably tell me how tired he is today πŸ™„. He's so good with her, but struggles with getting her to sleep or finding a way to hold her when she's fussy.

We had our LO1's first week of school last week, so it's been nice to have the days with just LO2. We've been relaxing on the couch and taking it easy, but I've got some projects to do, so need to start getting her into more of a routine.

17. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Ds1 started preschool this week so we've had quieter days thank goodness. The baby dropped his Dreamfeed so he goes from 730pm-ish to 730am-ish. Naps have been a little wonky because he's learned to roll so he's flailing around and screeching a lot on his belly or whatever. He's become really vocal and interactive but fussier not being content just laying around anymore.

I stopped his reflux meds this week and so far he seems to be doing well. So fingers crossed we are done with that. He was also released from physical therapy for his neck and head. His head is still flat on the left side and favors his left side but he's showing pretty equal strength on both sides.

Overall just enjoying our baby - he's soooo much more content and easier going than DS1 so we are just soaking it in now that we are past the horrible newborn phase. Today is the baby's first day of dropping off at church nursery so fingers crossed it goes ok!

18. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

Four month sleep regression + wonder week + teething = Fussy baby and tired mommy.

He was STTN but it only lasted 2 weeks before this shitstorm started. During the day he's always smiling, still naps well, loves tummy time and he rolled over for the first time this week but at night he's back to 2-3 wake ups and someone wakes up screaming from teething pain ☹️

He has really bad eczema so I've been battling that too (being soy and diary free + vanicream seems to be helping)

19. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

Hi guys! Our sleep has sucked since day 1. DD graduated from swaddle to Merlin suit at 11 weeks, then graduated to just wearable blankets a couple weeks ago (maybe 16 weeks). She is now 20 weeks (I acctually just had to look it up, I just say 4 months now) and her sleep got soooooo much better about a week and a half ago. I only feed her once, with a couple of pacifier reinsertions here and there, especially when she started rolling over. But really, just so much better!

We started solids a week after her 4 month birthday. I have been really excited about it for some reason. We started with oatmeal cereal that her ped recommended, and today she got her first sweet potato with some bm mixed in. I want to do some baby lead weaning too, I have been reading some more about it on HB.

Overall, I'm just having fun watching her grow and smile and giggle and roll and explore. Oh, and she LOVES animals! Smiles and giggles watching the dogs.

20. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@tinyperson: @ModernDayJibarita: The 4 month sleep regression is terrible! We've been struggling with it for a month and a half now. LO will be 5 months next week (eek!) and we just started doing a little sleep training. She wakes up 4-5 times a night and the only thing that works is to nurse her back to sleep.... So now we're basically just waiting a few minutes before responding to her at night. It's working really well so far! She puts herself back to sleep after 2-3 minutes of fussing/crying. She's also in the Merlin Magic Suit and can suck on her hands to soothe herself.

@rockinghorse: We started solids a few weeks ago too! Though we're taking a break right now because of some constipation issues DD is loving purees though. Sweet potato is her favorite!

Overall, everything is just getting so much easier! She is so much more fun - really interacting with us and her toys and talking all the time. She loves watching the dogs and laying on her activity mat outside looking at the trees

21. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

OMG, the sleep regression struggle is real. Like @csross217: we are now up multiple times a night (every 2 hours last night) and only nursing gets him back to sleep. I'm wondering if he's teething, because he started an awful scream-cry that I've only heard after he gets his shots Either way, I am soooo tired. He turns 5 mos tomorrow.

ETA: Other than that, he is wonderful! An easy going, happy, silly baby who puts himself to sleep for naps and bedtime.

22. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@YogiRunner: I hear you. We've had several nights of up every 45 mins-2 hrs over the past couple weeks. Thankfully most wake ups she goes back down fairly easily, but for some she's up an hour. I got 3 hrs of sleep Friday night 😒

But, she's such a sweet baby - very chill, very smiley all day, so how can I complain?!

23. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

Hi all! I've been quiet around these parts because of the whole 3 kids thing...time just goes by in the blink of an eye. But we are in the same boat with the sleep regression. I've just kept swaddling at night so she can't roll over, and nurse her back to sleep a million times a night. I can't think coherently enough to make a plan to deal with it, so I'm hoping I can just wait it out. Also waiting until closer to 6 months for solids since we do BLW, and it's one more thing to deal with. 😁 otherwise, A is a happy sweet baby. She's been teething so everything goes in the mouth but is pretty good at communicating what she wants. Despite the madness , I really feel having a baby is the best! 😍

24. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

Hi ladies!! Kind of caught up with recent posts...sorry I went rogue! Baby Kameron is doing great but holy geez he is CHUNKY! Like I've never had a chunky baby before but he's straight up 19.5lbs and 25.5"...on the shorter side. Does anyone else have a chunky baby here!? He's still waking up 2 times a night which is horrible for me but I guess after reading all these posts I shouldn't be complaining. I give him 6, 5 oz bottles of formul a day and one jar of stage 1 pears and 1 jar of stage 1 sweet potatoes. We had to skip the oatmeal and rice cereal Bc it gave him horrible Tummy aches and would wake up screaming. My Ped said no more than 32 oz of formula a day....

Everytime I think I have him figured out something else happens!!

25. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@fitfigure87: Oh the rolls! I just want to eat him up! Interesting that your ped said no more than 32 oz. I'm just starting to cut down on BF (8 months) and my MIL who does a lot of baby sitting when DH and I are working swears my DD is skinny (50th percentile in weight) and needs to eat more. Says things to imply I have her on a diet! That could not be farther from the truth! So I may need to eventually get instructions from the ped if MIL goes crazy with the formula...

Its funny as a FTM how everything seems stressful and overwhelming, and then you look back and think, what the heck? Why did I let that get to me so much? Well, my latest things are weaning down BF and advancing solids. Is she getting enough? Am I doing this right? Is this the right order to go in? Am I going to slow? Am I going too fast? Is this healthy? Should I get organic? The list goes on and on..

26. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

I'm glad to see this thread become active again, because I've been thinking about everyone and wondering how your babes are doing!

@rockinghorse: I'm with you in that I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to solids! DS is almost 8 months and he's been enjoying purΓ©es for 3 months now. We've tried soft chunks of veggies which he'll usually spit out but I think he likes exploring new things.

Slight TMI question for the group: who has their period back? Did you have any signs it was coming? I'm still breastfeeding exclusively, including 2x overnight, so nothing yet. I might night wean him sooner or later but just don't feel strongly enough about it yet. So basically I have no idea when I'll see AF again and I hate the suspense!

27. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: no af yet, but as I start decreasing bf over the next few weeks we will see if anything changes. It's been so nice not worrying about it!!

28. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@YogiRunner: I cut back on nursing at 6 months and stopped completely a couple weeks ago. AF came back one time like 5 weeks ago, and nothing since then. The same thing happened after my daughter - my cycle was all over the place for like six months!

DS is a chunk. He's 7.5 months old and weighs 21 pounds. He just started pulling himself up to standing and cruising holding onto furniture. Our daughter didn't start doing that until she was almost 1, so this is so different.

He's a total daredevil - trying to eat lamp cords, trying to climb the bookshelf, and trying to climb through the teeny tiny cat door to the basement. I thought our house already was baby-proofed but this kid is crazy!

@rockinghorse: I know what you mean about starting solids. This time around we started on purees once a day at 6 months, and now at a little over 7 months we started introducing table food cut up in bite-sized pieces. He's definitely an eater so he hasn't refused ANYTHING we've tried to give him! Haha.

29. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi guys! Haven't been on here in ages. Hope everyone is doing well with their littles

@YogiRunner: Not yet! I was planning on getting the Mirena, but I don't want it to start my period, so I keep putting it off.

@My Only Sunshine: so funny you say that, my son was crawling, pulling up and cruising by this time (8 months) and my daughter has no interest! She's content sitting, (which J never was) and rolling (he almost bypassed it to crawl). So different! I am mostly thankful that she's not on the move too much yet, but at the same time, they are so way off that all I know is the kid that does everything on the early side.

30. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: update: af came back 2 days after completely stopping bf. I actually had a moment of panic when I saw blood because of how long it has been! It was like middle school all over again!

31. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Hi! No AF yet but I'm still pumping and nursing. I'm beginning to pump wean and just nursing before bedtime this week. I have enough frozen BM that if mixed with formula should last another 2 months or more. I'm totes good with that - I weaned DS1 to formula completely at 9 months so we will be going longer this time.

DS only has 2 teeth but working on more. He's cruising and pulling up and crawls like a speed demon. Not really getting self feeding that well - can put big things in his mouth but pincering is still hard for him. He eats food well when spoonfed however!

32. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Hi girls! Now that we're all the mamas of one year olds I thought I'd check in

Life is good with DS. Happy, affectionate, curious lil baby. Still nursing to sleep for naps and bedtime. Full time walking as of last week - melts my heart seeing him march around the house and when we're out at the shops. Big sis is still his favourite person in the world. Says mama and dada, but dada seems to mean many things lol. Preparing for return to work in September, looking forward to summer fun with a bit of travel, playgrounds, water parks, swimming pools and the beach. Hard to believe last summer we had newborns!

Thinking about trying for #3 in the next few months, so also want to think about weaning. Anyone have tips? DD self weaned at 2 yrs so not sure how to do it on my timeline as opposed to baby's...

Share your updates!

33. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

DS2 is taking 4-5 steps at a time as of this week, but still prefers to crawl because he's so fast at it and with DS1 zooming around the house, he finds it easier to keep up. Boys are playing super well together. DS2 has been at daycare since 11 months old. Is still having a rough time napping there, poor guy.

DS2 had mostly breastmilk until after 1 year, but has since fully weaned to a straw cup and we're doing Nido Kinder right now as a transitional milk. DS1 had a hard time with the milk transition digestively, so we're following suit and doing it really slowly. Last week, we did formula and Nido, this week its all Nido, and I think next week we'll start mixing with WCM. The diva still prefers warm milk, but will grudgingly drink cold milk at daycare.

He's self-feeding just fine and can manage a spoon decently well when we load it for him, but the stinker prefers to be spoonfed chunky purees because likes to eat and it gets the food in his belly faster! I think we have about 6 teeth now. He says hi, bye, mama, dada, and waves. He does very simple versions of the motions to Twinkle Twinkle and Itsy Bitsy Spider. He points at stuff he wants and reaches his arms up when he wants to be picked up. He also baby signs "all done."

He's a tall, solid little boy and at 13 months wears the same size diaper as DS1, who's almost 3! (Size 5, yikes!) But that makes diaper purchasing easy.

He is SOOOO sweet and happy, even when he hasn't napped well at daycare. We just love him. When he's at home with us, he naps for an hour in the morning, 2-3 hours in the afternoon, and 11-12 hours overnight. So no complaints there!

34. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@gingerbebe: great update! Our DS' sound quite similar - big and happy boys! Mine had been napping same as yours but last two days looks like he might be transitioning to one afternoon nap a day which I'm happy with, frees up our schedule a bit more. Night time sleep is still mostly a disaster though, wondering how this change might affect that.

35. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Yay for 1 year updates! My guy is 13 months and isn't walking yet, but has quite a little vocab. Some words are so random and adorable like lawnmower ("wawa") and elbow 😊

Down to one nursing session a day but still no AF!

He's also extremely clingy and won't let go of me around strangers. I'm home with him most of the time so trying to get him out to socialize more!

36. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@YogiRunner: I keep meaning to get out and socialize more too but aside from a few good friends, I prefer to do my own thing most days. I know DS would love the tot playtime at our community centre.

37. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

A is 12.5 months and is so different from her big sister! She's very social -- always trying to get people's attention on the street, subway, wherever. We didn't have to do much babyproofing with our first, but this one goes immediately for outlets, cords, electronics.

Not walking yet, but she cruises all over and walks holding our hands.

She started daycare about a month ago, and is now to the point where she's happy to go in the morning, but happy to see us at the end of the day. I'm back to work and it's been fine so far.

My grandma (their great-grandma) died last night, but I'm not sure what to tell our oldest. We were up to see her on Saturday. She'd been on oxygen for about a year, and bedridden for over 6 months. I cry pretty easily so I don't know how to tell her without being overcome and making it worse for her!

I'm so glad they both got to meet her before she died! She was a remarkable lady -- worked in a swanky law firm downtown for senators and lawyers from the 60s till she retired. Always kind, always generous, and always loving.

38. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@tinyperson: so sad about your grandma! What a sweet picture of her with your girls. 'Gone to heaven to be with the angels' is the route I've taken with older DD. Hugs!

39. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@tinyperson: So sorry about your grandma! No advice on how to tell the kiddos, but lots of love and light being sent your way!

DD is crawling still, but will randomly stand on her own here and there. She says "doggie" and "dada" well, and signs "milk", but that is about it so far. She basically uses "milk" whenever she wants anything.

We are at 6 teeth, and naps are very hit or miss. Some days two naps, some days one, some days one very short! Those are bad days!

40. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@tinyperson: I'm so sorry. We lost DH's amazing grandma last year before DS2 was born and I'm so sad he never met her. This picture is precious.

Speaking of which....Pictures!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee