Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I've been thinking about her too. I hope everything is ok.

2. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

10dpo and this morning on the Walmart 88 cent test.

Will try again tomorrow or Monday. At least my chart is still slowly going up?

3. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I know it's discouraging but it's still really early!

4. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: How are you doing?

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Coral: I know, logic just gets the best of me during the TWW. I almost want to skip tomorrow and just wait until Monday, but I probably won't.

I did have some tugging/cramping on my lower abdomen for the majority of yesterday. There were times I couldn't decide if it was gas pains or not, but for the most part, the tugging was definitely different.

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: For me cheapies are barely positive at 11dpo and would definitely give a negative at 10dpo. My bfp all three times has been at 11dpo and I had to confirm with a frer to believe it. You are definitely still in.

I think dominobee said she wouldn't be around much this month since it's a non medicated cycle.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: Thanks I tested yesterday at 17dpo and the test line was as dark as the control on a cheapie, so hopefully HCG is increasing as it should. Starting to feel symptoms as well... Mostly I'm trying not to think about it too much. It's enough to muster up the physical energy to do first trimester again, and I'm trying to avoid becoming an emotional wreck as well - hah hah, so easy for TWW crazy to become pregnant crazy, but pregnancy (even non-viable ones) lasts too long for that. I'm switching doctors, which involves a lot of bureaucracy, so not sure yet when I'll be able to schedule a first appointment.

8. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I completely understand! This is coming from someone who said they wouldn't test until 14dpo....yeah, I think I tested at 8.

9. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: I am so happy to hear about the tests! Do whatever you have to do to keep yourself in a healthy mindset. Do you ever do guided meditation? There are some on YouTube about pregnancy.

10. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm hopeful for you! 10dpo is really early still

@periwinklebee: that's great news about the dark lines! I hope you get everything worked out soon so you can see your new doc.

AFM I'm on whole30 day 13. I got a positive opk earlier this week but I'm not temping so I can't confirm exactly when O happened. This has been an awful week so I'm just happy we were able to BD at all. I'm trying to put my energy into caring for myself and put TTC out of my mind as much as possible. Even if I'm not checking in much I think about you ladies and I'm hoping for lots more Bfps this month!

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee:

@Mrs. Oreo: your chart looks good! It's early! And I think it's at least a remote possibility that you're not as many dpo as it says given the opks, could be off by one and then it's super early!

@jhd: sorry for a tough week!

12. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bhbee: thanks

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: @jhd: @bhbee: Thank you all!

I haven't seen the youtube guided meditations but will check them out - thanks for the recommendation!

@jhd: I'm sorry it was a rough week Thinking about TTC less and taking care of yourself definitely seems like a good way to go.

14. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Thanks, all. I'm starting to think my dpo is off also, so whoopeee!

@jhd: That's great you're taking care of yourself. I really should be as well. Not sure if Whole30 is for me and DH, but definitely trying to eat better. That's not really the problem though, it's the over-eating!

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Replying to your question about breadwinners from 11 days ago. Yes, I am the breadwinner. We split expenses 60/40 since that's the ratio of our incomes. I dream about DH taking the full 12 weeks of FMLA leave (without pay) after my maternity leave is over, to give the kid nearly 6 months of at home time before daycare. Since I make more than my husband it wouldn't really be a hardship. He also jokes about being a SAHD, especially as my career continues to intensify and I spend more time at work and make more money, but I'm not sure we could justify it with only one kid. Maybe if we have two one day.

16. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrslibrarian: Responding to your very old question, I've read that different women ovulate at different times after a positive OPK. I think the idea is that if you're someone who releases the egg late you'll want some fresh sperm in there. Even so, four days seems like a long time. My doc says BD on the day of the positive OPK/trigger or the next morning, then the two days after that. But we also try to BD on the days leading up to a positive OPK, since I'm pretty much like clockwork both medicated and unmedicated.

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: Have you listened to any particular guided meditations? I'm feeling a bit jittery, probably because this is right around the time I started bleeding with my chemical and developed an SCH that bled a lot with my other loss...

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bhbee: Girl I am the same way, re: acting crazy during the TWW even though I'm normally a really practical person and I especially hate to waste time!

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: OMG YAYYYYY! I was really hoping to come back to some BFPs after my time away from HB... and to see yours in particular is just so so wonderful. I'm going to cry, LOL!

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Ugh I'm so sorry! I got an e-mail about your post on my wall but I've just really been avoiding anything TTC-related this month. I feel bad about waiting so long to respond though, and I really appreciate you checking in on me.

Today is Mother's Day which is always a hard day for me, since my mom died when I was a baby and my relationship with my step-mom, who has raised me since I was 2, has always been tenuous. I'm not going to get too much into my family dynamic, but basically I have trauma from my childhood that no one in my family acknowledges. It really sucks to be made to feel like I'm essentially delusional and making up a painful childhood.

I also just generally feel lately like my family despises me. Or at least that they don't like me. I'm constantly trying to say the right thing and feel accepted and part of the group, but then I still always feel like I'm somehow an outsider in my own family. My sisters planned a whole day for my mom for mother's day, and didn't invite me. My parents and one sister live about 4 hours away while my other sister lives in the same town as me. The only reason I found out about their plans was b/c my brother started a group text asking what my mom might want for mother's day, and my sister was like "Not really, K-- and I are going to take her to brunch, then the flower conservatory then to get pedicures." Did not ask if I wanted to come. Just put it out there. I was already thinking about going to see my mom this weekend, until I realized I'm on call for work so I have to stay around town. But even though I couldn't go, it would have been nice to be invited. It actually really hurts my feelings that I wasn't, but if I told my sisters that they'd just once again tell me that I'm imagining the slight and that they didn't do anything wrong.

And then, of course the other reason Mother's Day is hard is because I'm not a mother, even though I want so badly to be one. DH and I have plans with friends today and when he came downstairs this morning he was like "wanna go to a flea market beforehand?" And I was like "No, I probably won't even go hang out with friends because I just don't want to do anything today." And he was like "why?" And I'm like, dude seriously? You don't realize how hard this day is for me? I've definitely told him in the past how Mother's Day is hard for me, even before TTC. Last year was the first mother's day of TTC without being pregnant, and that was rough but okay since we were just at the one-year mark. But to now be going through a second mother's day of TTC is just heart-wrenching. I feel like I can't look at Facebook and Instagram at all because it's just pictures of people with their moms and/or babies.

Woof... okay now that I've spewed all my emotions, here's the TTC update. I am switching to Femara this cycle, doing the trigger shot, then IUI, then progesterone. I really, really hope this works and results in a healthy, sticky pregnancy because I'm seriously not sure how much more disappointment I can handle. After two years of TTC a MC would probably send me over the edge. That's really my biggest fear at this point.

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh and @coral, you can take me off the POAS list since we didn't try this month.

22. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: aw thanks, you are the best! I hope things have been going well for you.

23. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@dominobee: big big hugs Mother's Day can be hard for so many reasons and you definitely have good reasons to feel down about it. It's hard when husbands are so clueless too. Take care of yourself

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Also I think one of the things that makes today hard is the social media aspect, and the fact that I can't just post how I feel today unless I want every one of my family, friends, casual acquaintances and colleagues to know I'm dealing with infertility. It's all about moms - as it should be - but no one posts an ode to the women who want to be parents but aren't. Or to women who have had miscarriages or, God forbid, have dealt with the death of a child.

25. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

I know that this day can be a hard day for many reasons and wanted to leave this here.

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Coral: Thanks

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@tionn3: I just watched all of "Does This Baby Make Me Look Fat?" Pretty funny and a good distraction today. Thanks for sharing.

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dominobee: sending lots of love. I know this day is hard on so many levels. Do what you need to do to care for yourself.

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I'm sorry this is such a hard day and a rough time.
    That was my exact treatment plan so I hope you have wonderful luck on it. I'm sending all the good thoughts and positive vibes I can. Feel free to ask me questions.

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: I'm really sorry for the family issues - that sucks As if mother's day isn't hard enough...

Know that when you do get pregnant we're here for you, and the odds will be in your favor. A therapist or someone to talk to IRL can help too if it causes a lot of anxiety. What you've been through over the past couple of years is incredibly tough, you have seriously earned the right to indulge in whatever kind of self care works.

31. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Coral: I love this.

32. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: So, I the only one I remember watching from this list was the one that says "for the first month of pregnancy." Maybe you could go down this list and find one that resonates with you/doesn't feel cheesy, etc. I liked ones that focused on fetal growth and that my body knew what it was doing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=guided+imagery+pregnancy&safe=strict&client=ms-android-att-us&prmd=vin&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV0dG1qPDTAhVBOCYKHfziD4kQ_AUICSgB&biw=412&bih=652&dpr=2.63

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh and I forgot to mention, my RE is retiring g at the end of June. Hooray.

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Update: I literally have laid around and done nothing all day. There is a pile of clean laundry on the other couch that my husband put there this morning. I have not started folding it. Not sure if I will. Also skipped out on my MIL's Mother's Day dinner. DH was understanding, and anyway it's nice for them to have some one-on-one time. So often when they see each other I'm there too or it's in some larger social situation.

I just ordered a pizza and a salad and a soda even though I'm not hungry. The only place that has decent pizza and delivers (DH has the car) is closing in 20 minutes so I thought I might as well just order it because I'm definitely going to want pizza at some point tonight. Really just DGAF about anything today!

35. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks. I still think of your quote "of all the things I've put in my bra so I didn't have to hold them, my husband's semen is definitely the weirdest." It's helped me at least find a little humor in all of this.

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Humor helps, you too soon may be carrying a cup of your husbands sperm in your bra

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm looking forward to it! DH is too actually. He has completely come around to IUI and now is just anxious to get the show on the road.

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Anyway how are you doing? What DD board are you on again?

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: my husband totally flipped from being anti-intervention to lets do everything we can to give it our best shot in the course of one evening. I am glad that your husband is supportive and excited, it helps.

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: november, i'm doing ok my nt scan is tomorrow and we told our families this weekend

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee