Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: oops, you just responded. good luck with the trigger!

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas:

@Mrs. Oreo: I literally only had one pregnancy test left the cycle I got my .
    I was down about always testing, and told myself I wouldn't do it anymore! I called the RE, she confirmed I was pregnant, and I didn't think to buy any more tests lol.

Major cramping last night kind of on both sides, mostly the left. My two dominant follicles are on the left. This morning I was able to rally the troops one last time for ovulation day! Now I'm having cramping again, on both sides but mostly the left.

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: I really hope I can feel ovulation this month. It's helpful to know exactly when it happens!

4. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hahaha, go figure! I'm still waiting for blood work to be ordered. Grr.

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

This feels so unethical, but the hospital I work for allows employees to look up their own medical charts. So since my PCP is within the system, I've been opening my medical chart to see what conversation they're having and if any lab orders are pending. *hides*

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Well if the hospital allows it I wouldn't even think twice! I'm assuming you can't order your own lab work?

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I just feel dirty looking up my own chart. They can track what you look at and how long you're in the chart too, so that makes me feel even more dirty! Lol. I can't order my own labs, thank goodness.

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yeah that's probably a good thing, haha.

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I was having dinner with some friends last night, and they were talking about how they're training the dog to be ready when the baby comes, how the husband will be taking time off work thanks to paternal leave when the baby is here, etc. And I was like "I had no idea you were expecting, when are you due?" The answer was "hopefully March 2018", because they are going to start trying next month. Hah hah, oh man, I sort of envy the optimism (but not the disappointment if it doesn't end up working out on first try!) I am so the opposite right now...

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: so rooting for you!

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Wow. I wouldn't even know what to say to that. Kudos to them for being optimistic I guess but yeah... not likely.

How have you been doing/feeling?

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: yeah, I was thinking to myself "I guess - technically - I am pregnant, but I'm having none of these thoughts. I don't even want to think about whether next week I'll still be pregnant." I hope it works for them!

The "technically" sums up how early pregnancy feels, definitely not like real pregnant. Plan is to do beta draws when I'm back from work travel Friday, and again Monday. If it's high enough to indicate that we'd be able to see something on an ultrasound, they want to do one right away given my history. I'll be 6 weeks middle of next week, so potentially late enough to see something if things are progressing as they should. I've been testing every other day with a cheapie and the test line comes up instantly darker than the control, which is a relief after the chemical, but we'll see what the betas say.

13. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: Ha! I wouldn't know what to say to that either. Hope it works out for them!

14. Journeytooursweetbabyb

apple seed / 4 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm not sure how to post so I replied to your post. How do you post something? I'm new! Just joined today by searching something on the internet.

Cycle Day: 2
    TTC Cycle: 25 (a long time)
    Ovulation Date: Not sure this cycle.
    POAS Date: Haven't taken one.
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: Was suppose to do Intrauterine Insemination but with the upcoming holiday our RE said it is okay to try naturally for one more month then if we don't fall pregnant we will be doing Intrauterine Insemination the end of May beginning of June. I had Laparoscopic surgery March 10th, was on birth control the end of February through the April 13th then waited a few weeks to try naturally. Unfortunately we didn't fall pregnant so we are being hopefully and going to try naturally one more time.
    For Fun: Since this month was named after a fertility goddess, were you named after anyone? Nope!

15. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Journeytooursweetbabyb: to post, you just got to the field at the bottom and submit. If you want to reply to a person, you hit reply on their post like you did.

Welcome!!! We are happy to have you!

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Journeytooursweetbabyb: Welcome! Good luck to you this month. I discovered this site by madly Googling my symptoms during a two week wait.

There's a box way at the bottom for you to post.

17. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

May POAS

periwinklebee, mrslibrarian, Mrs. Oreo

5/14- YogiBeachWife
    5/16- dominobee
    5/24- jhd; bushelandapeck
    5/26- dc yoga bee
    5/27- petitenoisette
    5/28- catchafallingstar
    5/31- peacelily

TBD: LindsayInNY, lilyofthewest, Mrs.Panda, GingerBlonde, Journeytooursweetbabyb

18. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dominobee @yogibeachwife: How are you ladies doing today?

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Journeytooursweetbabyb: Welcome!!

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Trigger shot is done and we had sex too. I did take an OPK when I was home and it was so I'm glad I ordered the shot when I did.
    Now I wait.

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Yay!!

22. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: woot woot!

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

When do you guys think we should BD again? I should ovulate within 36 hours, so by midnight tomorrow.

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I would BD tomorrow afternoon and then the next morning.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I was already thinking about leaving work early tomorrow so I can meet up with my husband before he goes to work. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to until midnight and that would be right around the time I would ovulate.
    Ugh I hate opposite schedules!

26. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Do it!

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I just emailed my boss to let her know.

28. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Heehee! Get it, girl!

Can I just say BLOAT CENTRAL?! I've been feeling SUPER bloated since this past weekend and I just can't even....

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Oh yeah the bloat is awful, but it will go down eventually. Just make sure to keep drinking lots of water and eating fiber rich foods!

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: That's what I'm doing. I have a 17 oz Swell bottle and I've filled it up 3 times already.

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'm REALLY jumping the gun but I'm sitting here thinking OMG what if my two follicles turn into two babies?! That would be absolutely insane.
    I shouldn't Google but I did and the risk of twins is really low with Femara because it usually only produces one follicle, and the younger you are the higher likelihood for twins... I'm 24. So yeah.

Like I said, I'm getting really ahead of myself but I'm bored at work and my mind wanders.

32. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Can you imagine?! I read about the low risk of multiples with Femara as well, though for some reason I had a slight hint of disappointment. At least I would be done if I had twins! DH and I agreed we cannot handle more than two.

I just missed a call from my regular doctor. Luckily, with being able to look at my chart, she wrote down what she was gonna tell me. In short, no betas recommended at this time.

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: With already having one, twins would be rough. I have no idea how we would manage that but I guess it's a real possibility. The nurse who did my ultrasound said that having 2 follicles on Femara was fairly uncommon and I had to sign some forms agreeing to the risk of multiples. Yikes.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just order betas. You are the one paying for them. Was this your PCP or OB?

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Wow, that would be one hell of a ride!

This was my PCP's office. She gave a long reason about why betas will just cause me anxiety. I'll contact my OB instead.

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yeah definitely contact your OB. You will be anxious with or without them so I don't think it really matters.
    Hopefully they can get them ordered asap

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I just talked to my OB's nurse, whom I really like. She talked down my anxiety pretty quickly. She said "You're pregnant! Enjoy it and be healthy; you can't worry about something you can't prevent."

I think I'm okay now. I think with me being a nurse, it helped more coming from her as another nurse. She sounded more like a friend giving me a reality check.

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: That's good! And she is definitely right.

38. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: @mrskansas: When the ultrasound tech told me I had two dominant follicles I was like huh what!?! Then, she brought the doctor in to counsel me I have a high risk of a twin pregnancy and to remind me we agreed to it, and I was like no I'm excited!! Even with already having one kid already. Dh was excited as well. But, I just really really want to be pregnant.

I'm moreso surprised I actually had one good egg this time. Let alone two! The first time I barely had one dominant follicle.

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yeah I was shocked when they told me! I couldn't believe that on CD 11 I had two that were mature.

The thought of twins is nerve-wracking but honestly... after losing 3 pregnancies I don't care. After the initial shock wore off I know I would be so excited and so would my husband. But yeah, just being pregnant is my goal. 1 or 2, they will be loved and wanted the same.

40. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: Crazy! I would be excited too if that happened to me. Although, I guess maybe there's a chance? DH and I have several sets of twins on both sides of our families. They always say it skips a generation. Apparently, it's our turn. Eek!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee