Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm pretty sure twins are more common on my husband's side than mine, but his genetics make absolutely no difference so I may have to ask my parents who in my family has had twins.

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: @mrskansas: We have four sets of twins on my mom' she side, and it's been two generations since anyone had twins.

3. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: OK, all this twins talk is gonna get me all riled up and start daydreaming.

4. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's a lot! Maybe your turn is coming

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Haha yes I'm sitting here thinking about matching newborn outfits.

6. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: If we had twins, one of each would be great because we have one name for each. Otherwise, if they're the same sex, one might be called #2. Lol.

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Oh gosh... I can't even imagine picking out names if they were the same sex, especially if there were 2 girls! I already used up my one and only name for a girl, lol.

Boys... I'd just name them DH Jr. and DH II.

8. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Our problem would be if we had two boys. We have agreed on several girl names, but stuck with one (Ella). For boys, he doesn't like anything I pick so for now we've settled on Mateo.

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Man, I have a Maya and if we had another girl I joke about naming her Mia. If it were twins I'd have to think of something equally cutesy lol

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Oh man. My left side is cramping more and more. It's like pulsating. Son of a.....

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hahaha, cute! I love both those names!

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: and people call her Mia all the time. I'm like seriously!?! DH wants to name a second girl Cora. No boy names over here lol

13. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: Lol there's a clear difference between Maya and Mia! I love the name Cora too. My friend's daughter has that name. Another favorite of mine is Nora, but DH had some very brief relations with a Nora....so nope.

14. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

I really wanted twins my first pregnancy and now that I have one kiddo I feel like the twins are coming this time around. I think my husband will pass out if we find out its twins this time. They also run on both sides of my family. I'm older and took Clomid. The odds are not in our favor I think I would panic but overall would handle twins a lot more than my husband.

15. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Hah, I had the opposite experience. I called to schedule a first appointment and they won't even schedule it without betas first. I wouldn't have minded skipping, given how many hcg draws I've had in the past five months.

Once the line gets darker I don't think it provides a huge amount of additional info about how things are going.

16. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee: that's interesting, was it history of loss that merited the betas or just their policy?

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bhbee: I'm not sure. She said they wanted to do an early ultrasound because of history of loss but didn't say why betas were required - could be related. It's an OB practice in a big research hospital so I'm sure they also have a tendency to want quantifiable numbers. That part actually appealed to me over the midwives because after multiple losses, I'm also for more information on how things are going.

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@periwinklebee: i guess that way they know if they should see something. I don't think my ob will offer an early ultrasound next time (if there is a next time) although I have considered begging ... or even fudging my lmp a few extra days since I already ovulate late. Which is kind of silly because I've experienced loss post heartbeat anyway ... it's a waiting game regardless, but each milestone is helpful. I hope you have a great scan next week

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bhbee: Thanks Waiting is hard I'm sure, especially when you know dates and know you'd be able to see something. We saw the HB twice back in Jan/Feb as well. It was low but sometimes early on that can be normal. So definitely far from a guarantee but ruling out blighted ovum is one less thing to go wrong...

Since the practice isn't an RE, I was expecting them to tell me to come in at 10 weeks or something for a first scan, and to not worry about betas at all since by the time I'm back home, it's a bit late for them to be informative anyway. Probably the nurse looked at my chart and was like - this person has had ten gazillion hcg draws and ultrasounds already this year, I don't possibly have time to dig through all this info to figure out exactly why, but better continue the trend.

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: My FIL is an identical twin and has same first name - different middle name - from his brother. I once had a guy at work who was the same - identical twin brother, same first name, different middle name, and they worked in the same sub-sub area of the industry, people got very confused.

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

EWCM question: how much do you notice it? Do you have to search for it near your cervix or is it obvious?

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: depends on cycle but often it is not obvious until about day of opk+. I actually have more now that I'm older probably because my cycles are more normal. The cycle we conceived #2 I never had anything external (I was taking lots of allergy meds and blamed that) but it still worked!

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: yeah it's been different since I've been on Femara. I notice it in patches. Sometimes it will be super obvious and then a few hours later non existent. I just worry that it isn't good enough but there's nothing I can do anyways

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: right and you never know, that cycle I remember thinking I had the worst cm ever but it was a throwaway cycle anyway ... it only takes one to get through

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: true. Out of the billion that are probably up there at least 1 has to make it! Go sperm!

26. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: it was not very obvious to me this cycle. I think I noticed it twice on toilet paper when I first woke up (two separate times) and like once while I was digging around in there (huge glob!). Other than those times, my CM wasn't eventful compared to my previous cycles.

27. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

DH legit just asked me, "how can we afford everything we need?" Like, bro....we had this conversation before I went off the pill. 😏 Then he goes, "well, we just need to get past the 3rd month." I just stared at him and asked God in my head to forgive all the curse words I was thinking. Then he started talking about something else. Sometimes he's a little too practical and rational that it drives me up the wall!

28. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@mrskansas: I'm not sure if its different with Clomid vs Femara but I read that Clomid can decrease CM. I didnt have any this cycle.

29. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: my DH completely freaked out about the financial aspect at the beginning. Even though we were actively TTC and had talked it all out. But I'm sorry if the things your DH said upset you. They really experience this whole process so differently. Our LO is 3 now and so many times DH looks at him and says why was I ever worried? They are both crazy about each other.

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: I don't notice it, but also haven't searched for it. But I'm also old and wonder if I just don't have as much as I used to.

31. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jhd: yeah he's totally detached right now, since we're not out of the clear yet. But this morning I was telling him that I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow and he was baffled. Then he decided he'll be Team Green He's starting to tease me now about not being able to eat eggs Benedict and medium rare steak and all the stuff I love that you can't eat while pregnant. So I get why he's trying to be realistic, but it's hopeful that he's warming up to it.

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: OK you are killing me with not testing again! We haven't seen a super dark line on this board in a while

Oh and about husband's not being very attached... I was 20 weeks along and started talking about buying some things for the baby. He told me that "it wasn't a sure thing yet so I shouldn't get ahead of myself"!!! Lol. This was after the anatomy scan too where everything looked perfect.
    My point is... men just don't always say the right things

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@mrslibrarian: I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any and still got pregnant! I didn't have much with Clomid either but Femara isn't supposed to affect your CM, so I don't know.

We are going to BD this afternoon so I just hope there is some up there now!

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I'm scared to test again! What if it's a fluke?! 🙈 Maybe I'll use an FRER this weekend. I find that my SMU is best, so trying to do it at work is gonna be tough. Lol at your DH--I think it was pretty safe for you guys at that point!

Good luck with the BD today! Will be thinking of you! (Wait....that sounded creepy) 🙊

35. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

I don't think my husband got attached until the anatomy scan last time. He had been calling our baby a girl from the day I got pregnant and I was the one that was adamant it was just a baby until we knew. Found out it was a boy and then it became a lot more real for him.

36. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I've tried a few different due date calculators and keep getting different due dates (especially when they want to know how long my periods usually are) can I ask when you started your period? With my longer cycles I'm confused!

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Haha! Not creepy I'm just ready to get the TTC sex over with so I can stop stressing about when it's going to happen and how much EWCM I do or don't have.

I think at this point you can probably use any urine and you should get a solid line (13 DPO now?), but I totally understand the anxiety of testing again.

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@mrslibrarian: I would just use the Baby Center due date calculator. You can put in your ovulation date which is going to be the most reliable.

39. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrslibrarian: my LMP was 4/21. With the Femara, I pretty much ovulated around cd13-14 and I'm 15dpo (+/- 2 days). I definitely seem like I have a normal cycle, but far from it! My cycles vary from 35-80 days, so I'm terrified that AF aid just gonna show up out of the blue.

I use the due date calculator on BabyMed! It's fun to see the milestone dates. And according to the Chinese gender prediction calendar, we'll have a girl. Haha!

40. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I have HPTs in my work bag. Stop being an enabler!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee