Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2018 moms!

1. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@Navy_Mommy: too funny!! That is super funny! My 5 yo was a june baby, 3yo was a July baby, and 18mo a march baby

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@nightowl: 6 weeks here and not feeling pregnant either! Well, maybe a little bloat? Unless I'm creating it to make myself feel better lol. I didn't have much in terms of symptoms for my first either though.

@hocuspocus: Welcome here again too!!! I love that we're on the same boards second time around!

3. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@mamabird: I have April 2012, January 2014, and March 5, 2016. Keeping them every other year makes it easier to remember birthdays

4. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@hocuspocus: Welcome, fellow SoCal mama! I'll add you!
    @mamabird: Welcome! Yes, giving birth before summer is a total win!

5. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

May Mamas
    5/1: NaniLani
    5/5: Agold, Pollywog
    5/7: LindsayInNY
    5/12: Chicalgobee
    5/13: MamaLlama
    5/16: Mrs. Macaroon
    5/17: Walshbee15
    5/20: Bernieboo, Nightowl
    5/23: Navy_Mommy
    5/26: Mamabird, Hocuspocus

6. nightowl

apple seed / 4 posts

@agold: Thank you! You're right, I just need to focus on all of the positives and hopefully everything will be fine We will be doing a NPIT to help settle some nerves which I think is a good option for us.

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Hi ladies! Haven't been on here in forever, but figured I could always use a space to commiserate about pregnancy

EDD: 5/29 or 5/30

First child? Third!

Any symptoms? Hot flashes like crazy, waking at 5am to pee every day, lots of fatigue

Who have you told? just DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? We had a m/c between Los 1 and 2, so we're trying not to get our hopes up until we go to our first appointment and make sure everything is going ok. Also, kind of freaking about having 3 kids

8. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: @ChiCalGoBee: Thanks! 🙂

@ChiCalGoBee: Yay! Where are you in socal? Loving this fall-like weather we have going on right now!

Had a little scare, been having some pretty strong AF like cramps for two days. No bleeding. This is normal for early pregnancy right? I remember having some cramping in the beginning with DD but I don't remember how far along I was when it started.

9. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@hilsy85: congrats!! Welcome

10. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@hocuspocus: Cramping is definitely normal! A lot is happening in your uterus and it's growing quickly. I'm not a doctor, but I think as long as you're not bleeding everything is probably fine.

11. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@hilsy85: Welcome! Congrats on #3! 5/29 is our wedding anniversary .
    @hocuspocus: North County San Diego! Where are you at? And yes-loving cooler temps! My birthday was Friday and it felt so nice to have "fall!" My doctor's nurse said cramps were okay as long as you aren't doubled over in pain, and no blood.

12. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

May Mamas
    5/1: NaniLani
    5/5: Agold, Pollywog
    5/7: LindsayInNY
    5/12: Chicalgobee
    5/13: MamaLlama
    5/16: Mrs. Macaroon
    5/17: Walshbee15
    5/20: Bernieboo, Nightowl
    5/23: Navy_Mommy
    5/26: Mamabird, Hocuspocus
    5/29: Hilsy85

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

How is everyone feeling?

I'm 6 weeks 1 day, and have had a ton of different symptoms (exhaustion, bloating at night, heart burn, a touch of nausea) but none of them are consistent. Super anxious for my first appointment to get here on 9/29!

14. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: thanks!

I am having some cramping and am definitely hungrier than usual! Has anyone gotten betas done? I think I want to go do them
    This week just for some reassurance--I took another cheapie today at like 10am and it was a smidge darker than yesterday's so I'd just like concrete numbers!

15. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I'm from Santa Barbara but we live in Azusa (Los Angeles County) I have family in Temecula!

Im feeling pretty tired. I'm ready for bed around 7pm lol. I had some cramping for a couple days, and I'm pretty bloated. I didn't have much MS with DD so I'm hoping it's the same this time around.

16. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

Ugh bloated and nauseated. And my gi is all over the place. 😞 called in and got the nurse to give me some Zofran, but only enough to get me through to my appt on 9/27. So, I'm trying to save it lol. Can't wait for my first scan... I'm going to try to get in on 9/29 if they will let us do it that soon! I can't remember when I had my first one with M.

17. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hocuspocus: my sister just moved to Temecula! We'll hopefully go out there this winter to visit and escape dreary winter weather.

18. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I'm. So. Tired.

All the damn time. And the exhaustion makes me realize...holy crap I'm gonna have four kids. Lol

19. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@Navy_Mommy: me too girl! So so true!

20. Pollywog

persimmon / 1111 posts

I'm so tired and having major cravings and aversions. I cannot eat any sweats, which I normally love. I can't wait to see the heartbeat on Thursday!

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Navy_Mommy: @mamabird: my sister has 4 kids! She says it's a circus, but fun congrats to you guys!

22. Mrs.Macaroon

pea / 23 posts

@Pollywog: I am feeling the same about sweets. I tried to eat a granola bar last week and had to throw it away. Everything seems way too sweet. We also have our first appt. on Thursday. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat!

We shared the news with my mom yesterday. I hadn't planned on telling until after our first scan on Thursday but the timing just seemed right. She is over the moon excited for us which makes it feel a bit more real.

23. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Are you guys seeing OBs or midwives? We moved about a year ago, so for the first time I have a choice about whom I would see/give birth with. I had an OB that I LOVED for my first two kids, but since my pregnancies were super boring and labors were super easy, I wonder if a midwife might be better...?

Also scheduled my first appt for 10/18, which is my oldest LOs birthday. Hopefully it's a good day all around!

24. walshbee15

coffee bean / 30 posts

@hilsy85: I actually use both. I only saw midwives for prenatal visits with my first pregnancy but ended up having quite a challenging birth and recovery so I saw an OB for post partum visits. So now I will just rotate between different providers within my group, they just want me to meet with a doctor once a month. I love all my providers but the appointments felt a little more personal with the midwives.

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@walshbee15: gotcha! I think I would probably try to rotate between providers whether I use an OB or a midwife, because with this practice there is no knowing who will deliver you--there are like 7 midwives and like 5 OBS--very different from my last OB, where there were only 2 in the practice and one of those two women would definitely deliver you.

But I don't think I can switch between OB and midwife from appointment to appointment, have to choose one option

26. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@nightowl: I am planning to take some kind of early genetic testing blood test, also, to help calm my nerves.

@hilsy85: Welcome and congratulations on baby #3!

@Pollywog: I think I'm having a sweets aversion, as well! I can't believe it. I love love love candy. Also an aversion to eggs. Damn. I love those, too.

I'm feeling so tired, too. Also, I still haven't told most people. I'm telling some random people, but none of my close friends and none of my husband's family yet. Tough because I see all of them all the time. I ordered two glasses of wine this weekend and had to slowly dump them in the grass behind me!

27. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Same, and I only have one-you're amazing to be keeping it together with three. I'm so tired!
    @Pollywog: Same with the sweets. I have ice cream almost every night normally and have zero interest in it now. I'm eating pizza bagels and potatoes-super healthy, ha!
    @hilsy85: I loooove my OB and I'm excited to use him again this time. But I know many love midwives, too!
    @agold: I hear you on the alcohol. My cousin had us over for my birthday and got my favorite wine to celebrate and I lied about having drunk a ton out at dinner the night before so declined. Pretty sure they saw right through me but didn't say anything!

28. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LindsayInNY: How are you feeling? When's your next appointment?

29. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

All looked good at my dating ultrasound yesterday! Baby measured 8 weeks exactly, putting my due date at April 30. Guess I officially belong on the April board now, but I'll probably keep hanging around here too

My nausea has improved slightly since last week (haven't puked since Friday!) but still isn't great. I requested a Diclegis Rx at the peak of feeling lousy but still haven't gotten it b/c of insurance nonsense (my OB needs to preauthorize it -- shouldn't a prescription do that??). At this rate I'm wondering if I'll even still need it if/when I actually get my hands on it.

I, too, have had a slight sweets aversion (not completely offputting, just less appetizing than usual) along with some ground beef and other meats. My aversion to meat isn't as strong as it was during my last pregnancy. My husband has a theory that I just go off of whatever food I happened to be eating at a given point in my pregnancy (last time BBQ/roasted meats, this time ground beef). I've had some cravings for salty things (fries, chips, broths) but that might also be dehydration talking (can't drink much water in my current work environment). I didn't really have any cravings last time.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Does anyone have mild pregnancies? I'm 7 weeks so I know it's still early but even with DD, had very little issues early on. Some bouts of hangover feelings but that was really it. I don't want to complain, by any means, but I feel like it's not normal either?

31. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was like that with LO1--literally would not have known I was pregnant until I started feeling movement. With LO2, I had some nausea from 6-12 weeks, and a few other mild symptoms, but again pretty easy for the most part. I say, enjoy it

32. walshbee15

coffee bean / 30 posts

@LindsayInNY: I definitely didn't have a mild first pregnancy but, my best friend is pregnant right now as well and she has basically no symptoms at all. I'm so happy for her. I had a hard time enjoying pregnancy at all last time because I was so miserable. So far I don't have too much as far as symptoms but....its early so we will see!

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hilsy85: Okay. That makes me feel better... Last time, I told myself it was the trade off for needing IF help. BUT, I also remember 3rd trimester being bad. I swelled a good amount (end of June EDD) and had really bad carpal tunnel. So maybe that is my trade off!

34. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LindsayInNY: I would consider my first pregnancy mild (even though I was on bed rest and bled most of the time!) I didn't ever have any other symptoms until the acid reflux and feet swelling later on. This time around, I don't feel anything except one day of cramping and slight fever, but what was that really? I'm pretty tired, but that could just be due to having a one year old! I took another pregnancy test yesterday. Yep, still pregnant! The shock still hasn't worn off.

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

Hi everyone, I'm likely miscarrying so going to step away from HB for a while. Fingers and toes crossed for healthy May babies for all of you.

36. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Oh, dear. I hope that's not the case. i'm wishing all the best and sending you the tightest hugs.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Sending you love ❤

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: oh I"m so sorry hoping everything turns out ok somehow.

39. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: so sorry to hear

40. nanilani

apricot / 374 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I'm so sorry. Sending lots of hugs your way

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee