Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@magnolia: Still feeling very nauseous, unfortunately. Lost about 8% of my pre pregnancy weight thus far so really hoping this lets up soon. So much respect for you ladies going through it while caring for other children, I don't know how you manage it. Any improvement for you yet?

2. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Luminescence: ugh I’m sorry to hear . Mine is a bit better, especially if I stay ahead of my hunger. The problem is nothing really sounds good to eat. Last night was the first time I made a full meal for my DH and I all week. Pregnancy with a 3 year old is definitely harder too. I feel guilty that I don’t have as much energy for him as usual. My husband has been amazing though... I hope you feel better soon.

Yesterday was a hard day. There were a lot of tears. I found out a friend is having a miscarriage. I’m so sad for her. She was there for me when I was dealing with loss in the past and we have known each other for a long time, it just seems so unfair that she has to go through it.

3. Luminescence

pea / 9 posts

@magnolia: Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hopefully it lasts! Cooking anything sounds dreadful to me (the smells, ugh) right now so way to go on managing that feat. Should try not to be so hard on yourself- I'm sure you're still doing a great job with your son. Is he excited about having a sibling soon?

So sorry to hear about your friend. Seems like it would have been exciting to get to be pregnant together and it must be harder on both of you now. Will be thinking of her (and you!) .

4. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

Just got the NIPT results (only took 3 business days). Low risk and it's a ! Ha, I have no boy experience -- I have so much to learn! I'll tell DH tonight, but I think we're going to wait until Christmas to tell our parents. This is the first grandchild on both sides and, fortunately, they don't know you can find out this early, so they aren't asking.

@Luminescence: At 13 weeks today, I'm finally able to cook (bland) meals, so hopefully your nausea will let up soon.

@magnolia: I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Miscarriage is so, so tough.

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: so sorry to hear about your friend.

@Kat5: yay! (So so fast! Glad the wait wasn't long for you). I also am having a boy and am clueless, I was totally counting on another girl, but with some time for it to sink in I'm pretty excited about this little guy!!

Anyone else nesting already? My mom is visiting and we've cleaned out our understair closet, the spice drawer, my daughters clothes (we packed up 3 trash bags of clothes to donate 😥 so many clothes!) And next were tackling the garage and my craft room

6. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Update

Mamac626: May 5th
    Kat5: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th

7. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@SupernovaJ: thanks for the updates! It looks like the boy mamas and the girl mamas are evened out so far

@Kat5: congrats on your boy!

@Luminescence: every time I ask my son if he wants a sibling, he says yes!

Today’s my first appointment! I’m so nervous but also excited. And I took the day off work so it’s nice to be able to relax a bit

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@magnolia: how did your appointment go?

9. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: it went well! It’s a new midwive/obgyn for me and their office is beautiful! We heard the heartbeat and the midwife took lots of time to go over everything with me. I got blood drawn for maternit21 and go for my NT ultrasound in a week.

How’s everyone doing?

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: glad your appointment went well! Are you high risk? Jealous you get an nipt and a nt ultrasound. I would have loved to see our little one again

11. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: thanks! The NIPT is optional and my insurance probably won’t cover it

When I was pg with my son, I had the NT first and then had to get the NIPT after so. I figured I would just do it since the midwife gave me the option. I haven’t had an ultrasound yet so I’m definitely excited to see this babe.

Anybody pay out of pocket for maternt21? I’m hoping it’s not too expensive. But probably worth it for the peace of mind.

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: innatal (one of the other nipt) told me that their charge would not exceed the allowed amount through my insurance. And if you make under a certain amount usually they have a sliding scale cost thing that makes it like 200. Might be worth a call to maternit21 and your insurance just so you aren't blindsided

And I agree totally worth the peace of mind. I have cigna and was jazzed to find out that it was covered for me even though I'm under 35 and low risk

13. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: yeah I’d read online that most people paid between 200-300 so I’m hoping that’s the case. I’m thankfully low risk as well so it’s probably not covered but I will have to call ...now it’s just waiting for results

14. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence over here. While I never actually threw up, I was nauseous and any screen time made it worse. Also, felt pretty exhausted and couldn't do a thing besides make it to and from work!

I use past tense because I *think* I am out of the woods. Feeling more like my old self and have less aversion to certain foods. Yay! I am 12w6d.

Absolutely loving the birth center we chose. Had an ultrasound at about 11w and it was really powerful to see the baby moving and it's little hands! Measured right on and heartbeat was good. We too wanted a NIPT and had to meet with a genetic counselor to get the pre-authorization for our insurance (UHC), even though I will be over 35 when I deliver. But they did the blood draw yesterday and said it'd be 7-10 days for results - including sex. Happy to hear it could be faster since we are seeing my parents this weekend!

Happy to hear everyone's news! I am also the worst at checking this board, so if we wanted to move to Facebook or an email group of some kind, I'd be down.

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@ms_sc: we are snoozing on our board apparently 😂 glad to hear everything is going well and that you're feeling better!
    I also love my birth center. It's so awesome what good care does in a homey setting. I've been going to yoga that's included in my fee and it's such a great hour every week. Love that they include stuff like that!

16. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: that’s so great yoga is included! I’ve been going to prenatal yoga for a few weeks and it’s so awesome. I leave feeling a high and I have more patience for my 3 year old when I get home

I may have asked before but is your birth center affiliated/within a hospital or is it “freestanding”?

17. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@ms_sc: yay for feeling better. I’m still waiting for NIPT results from about a week ago. I have an ultrasound on Monday, so excited to see this baby for the first time

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I am at a free standing birth center. We're about 2 min from the hospital if it was needed. But my birth center has a less than 1% transfer rate in labor and only 7% total transfer rate.
    As far as I know alot of in hospital birth centers have still have hospital restrictions, so no water birth, a medical professional has to catch the baby etc

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I'm happy to set up a secret fb group if everyone would like me to 😊

20. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

@MamaBear87: oh, yoga included is such a great perk! I have actually been wondering when I should start prenatal yoga (verses getting back to regular classes). I took the last few months off from...everything. Good to know!

21. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

@magnolia: enjoy seeing your babe! I know it's the part they always show in movies and whatnot, but it really is super special (or was for us).

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@ms_sc: definitely find a prenatal class if you can. They already avoid stuff you shouldn't be doing and at least my class the instructor is super knowledgeable about birth and pregnancy (she's also a doula and birth educator). Her focus is also all about breath in the hopes that by the time we get to labor the breathing part is second nature and helps us get through labor easier

23. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: @ms_sc: I love my prenatal yoga class. I look forward to it all week

My NT ultrasound went great! Baby is measuring a week ahead so they may change my due date to 5/16! The tech said the measurements looked great and baby’s heartbeat was 149. I’m still waiting on NIPT and bloodwork but I’m feeling so positive. And it seems so much realer now

Even though I’ve been sicker this pregnancy, the doctors appointments are much less stressful the 2nd time around.

How’s everyone doing ?

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I'm feeling not that pregnant most days but I think I've felt flutters which is pretty exciting! I never felt early movement with my daughter because she had an anterior placenta

25. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: that’s so exciting. How far along are you? I think I was 15 weeks when I felt my first. The ultrasound technician said my placenta “is in the back” this time so I should be able to feel this baby soon

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I'm 15 weeks today. I have no clue where my placenta is since I haven't had an us since 8 weeks. But I'd guess anterior since I'm feeling the little dude!

27. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

I just heard back on my NIPT: I'm low-risk and having a BOY!

I have always envisioned myself having a daughter so I'm adjusting, but obviously we're happy to know. It makes it so much more real!

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@ms_sc: yay for healthy baby!!

It took me a bit to adjust to the fact that this baby was a boy. I had a feeling this would be a sister for my daughter, but now I'm super excited! Take time to feel disappointed if you need to. You'll love your baby regardless but feelings are OK

29. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@ms_sc: congrats on your healthy boy!!!!! I have one and they are great and now you have time to adjust.

I’m still waiting on my NIPT results! Maybe I should call my midwife and start bothering them ....

30. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you my husband was a little miffed / surprised at my reaction, but I've explained it's just a change in my own expectations...which is probably good practice for parenthood, ha!

31. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

@magnolia: I so never saw myself as a "boy mom!" If it's going to put you at ease to call your midwife, DO IT! They get it.

32. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Quick update! I always wonder if certain months are dominated by boys or girls. I remember the year my daughter was born, there were so many more girls. So far, this board is pretty even.

Mamac626: May 5th
    Kat5: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th

33. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: I still lurk on this board and love updating the sexes as everyone finds out. I don't think anyone will believe me but I swear I feel movement already at 11 weeks... they are subtle but with my second, I felt movement at 13-14 weeks. It does feel like a spasm though but call me crazy, I think it's possible for feel movement from a baby the size of a brussel sprout! I also have a slight frame so maybe that has something to do with it.

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: i had an anterior placenta with my first so I never felt early movement. With this one I've felt occasional flutters since 13ish weeks. It's so exciting!

I think I found my doula! I'm super jazzed! I would love to have my yoga instructor but she's way out of our budget so I've been all down we won't find someone else. I left our meeting this morning with the right feeling I think!

35. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@ms_sc: Congrats on the healthy boy! I didn't think I really cared what we were having, but I did feel some surprise at finding out mine is a boy. I guess I must have just thought deep down I'd have a girl since that's what I know. It'll be exciting new territory!

@MamaBear87: Did you have a doula with your first? I'm debating, but thinking I should look into doulas.

I'm 15 weeks as of a couple of days ago, and hoping I'll feel some movement soon. This is my first though, so maybe it just takes a while to recognize it?

36. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Kat5: I’m also 15 weeks (with my third) and have been feeling baby for a few weeks, BUT my doctor had to point it out with the first (at maybe 18 weeks)? She was like “look? Did you see that? That’s the baby kicking.” Haha, you’d think I’d have figured it out by then...

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: i did not with my first. I wish I would have looked into them. My husband was an awesome support but he was not good at seeing me in lots of pain and I think he and I both never having birthed before ended up being the catalyst for me getting an epi. My first birth was awesome but I'm birthing at a birth center this time so I'm hoping the extra support in labor and home will help me progress instead of have painful contractions with no progress.

I didn't feel my first until much later, likely because I had an anterior placenta so you could just not be able to feel it yet

38. tysonja

nectarine / 2217 posts

hi ladies, I've been on hellobee on and off since 2011 but my first time on a due date board. According to my LMP my due date is technically June 1st, but i think that baby will likely be born in May. is it ok to join you guys anyway?

EDD: May 31/June 1 (we'll see after the dating ultrasound!)
    How far along: 11.5 weeks
    First child? #4
    First doctor appointment: saw my GP (who doesn't follow pregnancies) mid October, and my OB doesn't see anyone until 20 weeks. currently trying to figure out what to do in between.
    Any symptoms so far? medium nausea, fatigue
    Who have you told? family, close friends

i can't wait to find out if baby is a boy or girl... we currently have 2 boys (aged 5 and 6), and a girl (aged 3).

39. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@Jess1483: Haha, OK that makes me feel better!

@MamaBear87: Thanks, I think I'll look into them. It sounds nice to have the extra support.

@tysonja: Welcome! Yay for #4!

40. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: honestly for me I want someone there that I'm paying specifically to do things that will help me cope with pain in labor. Someone I can be like I need counter pressure that I don't have to feel like later I made my husband slave the whole time 😂 are you aiming to go unmedicated?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee