Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@tysonja: welcome! That would make me nuts to have no one who wanted to see me that long! I'd be calling both offices and making one of them see me

2. tysonja

nectarine / 2217 posts

@Kat5: thnx!!

@mamabear87: right? how would i even know things are going ok? anyway, i called my GP to see what she thought (she's great, but only works once a week at the office i see her at) and maybe I'll try a different office for my OB or midwife this time around instead.

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@tysonja: it's crazy to me that an ob doesn't see patients until 20 weeks!

4. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@tysonja: Welcome! More the merrier. My EDD is June 4 but I also have a feeling I'll deliver in May because my first two were early. I'm on the June board mainly but pop in here often to see how everyone's doing and to update the list. Congrats on #4--how exciting.

Mamac626: May 5th
    Kat5: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Jess1483: May 14th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th
    Tysonja: June 1st

5. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@MamaBear87: That makes sense. I'm definitely not opposed to medication, but I'd like to try without it. My mom had me without an epidural, so here's hoping I inherited her pain tolerance

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: I'd for sure look for a doula! I feel like if I had one with my first that I wouldn't have needed an epi

7. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Since this is my third, I'm all sorts of obviously pregnant at 15 weeks (I think I was showing a tiny bit at 20 weeks with my first). I haven't actually gained any weight, but it is quite obvious. I'm struggling to imagine what I'm going to look like in another 25 weeks!

Also, I teach preschool and just got a huge bag of nearly brand-new baby girl clothing (my first two are boys) from one of the preschool moms. Her daughter was born in May last year, so sizes should be right on and all of it is beautiful and adorable. I'm excited!

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Also, I'm going to update since my due date was moved

Jess1483: May 9th

9. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

: @tysonja: congrats and welcome!

@MamaBear87: that’s great you found a doula! I wasn’t sure when I should start looking but this pregnancy is flying by so I guess I should get on it

I broke down and called my midwife office today for the maternit21 results..... everything came back low risk and we are having a girl!!!! I’m in total shock because I was convinced it was a boy. Also, I think I felt her kick/move today for the first time which was incredibly magical . Is it possible at only 13 weeks!??

10. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: I can’t wait for some cute teeny tiny and girly clothes

11. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

Just checking in. Not too much has been going on with me until the last couple of days. Work has been crazy the last few weeks.

I had my 15 week appointment a couple of days ago. I have only gained 1 lb so far. Baby girl’s heart rate was 142 on the doppler, and my midwife found it right away. She seemed surprised by how high up my uterus was already, and said that baby may be on the bigger side or it could just be her position.

The only concerning thing was my blood pressure was high when I first got there. I think it was because it was snowing pretty heavily outside, and the roads were covered when I was driving to my appointment that morning. I am not super used to driving in the snow so I was pretty nervous, and they called me back and took it as soon as I got there. I told them this so they decided to take it again a few minutes later, and it had already come down a lot. I purchased a blood pressure monitor on Amazon to keep an eye on it at home.

I scheduled my anatomy scan for December 20.

We toured a daycare center that we liked yesterday. We know a couple of people that send their kids there, and they like it. They also have spots open in August when we need it so we may go with them.

Oh, and the pregnancy insomnia is driving me crazy. I wake up at about 3:00am almost every morning wide awake. I never had trouble sleeping when I wasn’t pregnant.

12. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@magnolia: Yay, a girl! Congrats!

13. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

How is everyone doing with baby names? We have pretty much decided on a middle name. I have 3 names on my list that I like (Eleanor, Edith, and Adeline). DH hasn’t really given much input other than to figure out that we can’t use a first name that starts with the letter P because her initials would be POS. He has now started calling her Penelope as a joke. I keep telling him to stop because I am afraid it will stick and we will have to change our plans for her middle name. I like Penelope, but I don’t want to change the middle name.

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: i wouldn't worry about one high blood pressure reading at the doctors office, mine is often high at the doctors because I'm nervous and now half expect it to be high. It's fine at home. So especially since you had a stressful drive in and they took it right away I wouldn't worry.

Cassius is our front runner right now but I haven't quite decided if it's his name or not. We had a for sure with my daughter so this time around is much harder.

@magnolia: yay for healthy! And for a girl, they're so much fun!

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@NCSUchick27: I love Eleanor and I also like Adeline. Girl names are hard! For ours I really like Avery but it sounds too much like my son’s name. I also like Hazel but it seems pretty popular right now. I’m a little scared to tell my husband the name I really like for fear of rejection.

@MamaBear87: Cassius is very cool and unique!

16. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@MamaBear87: I like Cassius! It’s cool and unique, but not unusual.

@magnolia: I agree that girl names are hard. I have a much easier time finding boy names I like. I want something classic, but not super common. I also like the name Margaret, but DH’s cousin just named her baby Maggie. Maggie is the nickname I would have wanted to use.

17. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: @magnolia: thanks. We like uncommon names. Something you don't hear every day but are recognizable as names. I do worry slightly that we are Caucasian and the most notable Cassius is Mohamed Ali, but Cassius was a popular southern name back in the day so I think it would be ok

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I find boy names way harder than girl names 😂

I love Hazel but I feel like you do that I don't want anything too popular. Most of my favorite boy names are in the top 20 right now which sucks.

I think Eleanor is beautiful and timeless.

19. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

EDD: May 18th
    How far along: 14w2d
    First child? Second
    First doctor appointment: Went really well and everything looks great. They said baby is smack dab in the middle of my uterus. Heartbeat was 166
    Any symptoms so far? Super tired, nauseous (going away at this point though), moody, emotional, and breaking out life a teen around my hairline!
    Who have you told? Everyone since we shared at 12 weeks.

Congrats to all you May mamas!!!

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Jess1483: May 9th  
    Paigeface: May 18th

Let me know if I messed anyone's sex up, doing it on my phone and it wouldn't copy the emojis

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: welcome! Glad to hear your appointment went well

22. ms_sc

pea / 10 posts

@paigeface: welcome!

Gosh, I feel like boys names are much harder. One reason I was initially saddened by hearing it was a boy was that my girl's name is just perfect, and we're not as sure about the boy's name. (Well, I am cool with it, but my husband isn't as much. We'll see. We've got six months to think about it!)

23. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@ms_sc: I feel the opposite! I’ve got all sorts of boy names and feel lost about one for this baby girl. One of my preschoolers suggested “rope swing.” So far, that’s all I’ve got.

24. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

@Jess1483: Ha, at least you could be certain that there wouldn't be other kids named Rope Swing in your girl's class.

@NCSUchick27: I love all three of those names!

@MamaBear87: Cassius is great. Unique, but not unheard of.

We are really struggling with boy names. My husband has a very common name and I have a very unusual name, so we'd both like to find a middle ground. We thought we'd maybe found one we agreed on (finally), but then went to dinner on Friday night and two little boys in the restaurant both had that name. Might be a bit too common around here...

25. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks for the warm welcome! I forgot to add to my post that I think I *might* be staying team green. I haven't decided yet. This is our last babe for sure and we already have a 3 yr. old boy. I know it's terrible but I am deep down hoping for a girl. I have this weird moms intuition it's a girl but that might just be me wanting it SO badly. Should I stay team green or find out at our 20 week scan? Kind of feel terrible I would have gender disappointment but I so would.

26. Tilia

pea / 9 posts

EDD: May 30
    How far along: 13w1d
    First child? Third! We have a 5yo DD and 2.5yo DS
    First doctor appointment: So far so good! NIPT came back low risk and we heard a strong heartbeat at both appts. I've had
    Any symptoms so far? All day nausea has faded in the last week or two, which is amazing.
    Who have you told? We just told our kids (5yo is so excited!). At Thanksgiving we started telling family too. Funny story, my DH accidentally told his mom a few weeks ago when he was a bit tipsy. This week he told her we're starting to tell other people, and she had no idea what he was talking about. So apparently he didn't actually spill the beans very well the first time!

I'm a little late to join, but I've been following along some and I'm excited to be here

27. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: congrats and welcome! I wanted to be team green but I caved to my DHs wishes to find out... and I’m so glad that I did. Maybe finding out will give you time to cope with (normal/natural) disappointment if you are having a boy. But it also seems amazing to be surprised and you probably won’t care once you give birth because of the elation of birth? I also have a 3 year old son and I thought for sure we would have another boy but I’m very excited for a girl. I do think two boys would be very fun though.

28. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Tilia: welcome! Hooray for low risk NIPT results, it’s such a relief. Will you be finding out the gender?

We announced to most of my extended family at thanksgiving dinner. My DH stood up and said “she has more than turkey in her stomach” 🤣 which I had no idea was how he was going to put it. Everyone was very happy for us and my cousin in law is due just a few weeks before me so it’s an exciting time

29. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@magnolia: Thank you for the warm welcome!
    I don't know if I am strong enough to wait the full time to find out. I will probably cave at the 20 week scan coming up. Hopefully I don't ball my eyes out in the doctors office though. Super emotional lately ha ha! Does anyone know if they will write it on paper for you and seal it and not tell you in the room instead?

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Tilia: welcome! Hooray for low risk nipt.

@paigeface: my birth center wrote down the babies sex and sealed it for me. I'm sure other practices will do the same. I'm with you, I didn't want to have all the feels in front of a bunch of people

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: so fun to be pregnant as the same time as family!

32. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

Hi all, sorry I havent posted in a while! I was pretty sick in the beginning and was just trying to stay alive hah.
    I'm 14w1d and feeling pretty good now. Still taking a prescription for morning sickness but will stop that soon.

As of now, I'm team green! My husband is trying to convince me otherwise. Last go around I was team green but my husband knew the sex.

@MamaBear87: I'm down for a secret fb group!

I'm glad everyone is doing well!

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Berly: oh man I could never keep a secret like that from hubby! Props to your husband. I wanted to not find out this time but my husband was not onboard. Upside I've now gotten rid of a whole closet full of girl clothes 😂

Anyone else feeling baby from the outside already? It's crazy I'm a little scared about how active this little dude is and what it will feel like when he's bigger

34. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: i’ve felt a few flutters or small kicks I think but not much yet! that’s exciting!

@Berly: glad you’re feeling better!! that’s amazing your husband kept the secret last time. mine would definitely spill the beans on accident.

35. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

I am 17 weeks and I may have felt baby move on the inside a few times, but I am not sure. I am still in the "baby or gas?" stage. I definitely can't feel her from the outside yet. I am looking forward to DH being able to feel her.

36. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Berly: glad you’re feeling better!

@MamaBear87: I’ve been feeling the baby for a few weeks but only from the inside. I’m a few weeks behind you though I think

After all my NIPT/nt stress I’m feeling good. I told my supervisors at work this week which was nice, everyone was excited.

Anybody have a bump going yet? Mine is popping out a bit, and at 15 weeks is much bigger than with my first. I didn’t really show at all with him until 20 weeks. My midwife mentioned they may change my due date to 5/16 based on the baby’s size at my ultrasound

37. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MamaBear87: I've been feeling baby since 13 weeks, which I think is nuts! And now family can feel her (17 weeks). Well, my 6 year old can. My husband and 3 year old are too impatient

@magnolia: My bump is ridiculous. With #1, I didn't show at all until 20 weeks. With #2, it was maybe 16-18 weeks. I looked clearly pregnant at 13 weeks this time. I'm kind of terrified for what this means down the line...

38. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: yeah it’s crazy! Random people at work have been asking me so I’m definitely showing. I love it

I had a great appointment today, met another midwife in the practice and I really liked her. The office is so peaceful and there was no wait time. Got some blood work drawn for spina bifida and scheduling my anatomy scan soon.

How is everyone ? It’s quiet around here

39. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@magnolia: It is quiet! Glad your appointment went well!! Scheduled my anatomy scan for first week of January and can't wait! We will find out the gender that day but have them seal it for us. Still having all girl feelings but I could be wrong!

40. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: thanks. How exciting! Are you doing a gender reveal or anything special?

My scan is that week too. I’m hoping to resolve any lingering concerns about my nt scan then. This pregnancy is flying by!!! I cannot believe it is almost 2019

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee