Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@angelachase: Welcome!
    @Anya: hope this is your cycle!

2. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

I've never joined a POAS board before, and I hope I can keep up- I feel like they always take off so quickly!

Cycle day: 12

Cycle number: 3. First month I just tracked CM, second month i used OPKs.

Ovulation / POAS date: cycles have been anywhere between 31 - 34 days so I will prob O anywhere between April 25 - 28. This coming wkend! A little stressed because we are going on a one night overnighter with some friends this Saturday and that's right when I should O. D'oh! Will have to fig something out

I'm gonna try my darnedest not to POAS until I miss my period. Let's see how that goes

Baby #: 2! Our daughter is 26 months old so if all goes well , the kiddos will be almost 3 years apart.

Game plan this month: same as last time - OPK and tracking CM. I'll start using OPKs today. We will start DTD as soon as we get the smiley, which means we will likely hit O-2, O-1, O, and O+1. Whew, getting tired just thinking about it!

Good luck everyone!!

3. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@pinkcupcake: Good luck! How long did it take for you to conceive LO#1?

4. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

popping in from April. Looking less likely I will POAS this month so wanted to say hi over here.

Cycle day // CD20

Cycle # // 1st Post partum cycle.

Ovulation & POAS dates // TBD I'm on CD20 and haven't O'd yet. Not sure when it will happen.

Baby # // 2

Your game plan this month // Using OPK's, temping and trying to take it easy. Already feeling stressed though

Chart link //http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/mrsb2012

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@angelachase: welcome!

Happy Easter! I am bored over here at CD5

Question for you ladies so we can have fun whilst we wait. What sex does the chinese gender chart predict for you this month?

Here is the only one i trust because it calculates your lunar age for you (although it still only seems to be right 60% of the time so just for fun):

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm

For May I would get another sweet little boy to add to my clan.

6. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@MrsMccarthy: It says girl for me! Thebump's one says boy but it doesn't calculate the mom's lunar age. I go back and forth about what I'm hoping for (just like last time) so I guess it's a good thing we don't get to choose!

7. HellOnHeels

clementine / 899 posts

I think my body is trying to get to a 28 day cycle. I'm finding watery, close to EWCM yesterday and today, which is earlier then usual. I think I'm gonna pick up some OPKs tomorrow and see what they tell me. With that said, I might be changing my dates and doing everything earlier. Stupid body, just has to mess with me.

And the calculator says it's a girl. I'm cool with either! Lol.

8. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

Updating from my phone so I'll have to take the gender quiz later, but look what I saw this morning...

We've done the BD for the past 3 day, and we'll go for tonight and tomorrow too - really hope this is it!

9. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@Radish: thank you! Good luck to you, too I think it took around 4 cycles for #1, so hoping this will be it for #2. How long did it take you for #1?

@MrsMccarthy: mine says boy... I would be totally happy with either but am kinda hoping more for a girl so my daughter can have a sister

10. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: nice!!

11. googly-eyes

@keepcalmcarrie: good luck!

@pinkcupcake: I've been thinking the same in terms of wanting a second girl!

12. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

The chart says girl for me! I'm on Clomid this cycle, and I've always heard that Clomid babies are more likely to be girls. I'm happy either way.

13. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@pinkcupcake: First cycle for LO#1. I will be happy as long as it happens in the next 4 months this time, but obviously the sooner the better because TTC sucks.

@MrsMccarthy: Boy for me. I have a boys name 100% picked out, so that is fine by me, but I would like DD to have a sister.

14. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Hi all! I've been lurking on HB for a little while now but this is my first post! I'm excited to join this POAS thread with you all! Good luck everyone!

Cycle day // CD2

Cycle # // 2

Ovulation & POAS dates // Ovulation- most likely around May 1st, POAS- May 18th

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // Temping & trying out OPKs

Chart link //

15. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@HappyBluebird: welcome!

16. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@HappyBluebird: Welcome! Looks like we may be cycle buddies!

17. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

"April is a promise that May is bound to keep." -Hal Borland

(Love that quote!)

I'm throwing my hat into the ring!

Cycle day: Where do you start counting from? If it is from LMP, then CD2.

Cycle #2

Ovulation: May 1 - 4, POAS...I'll wait until day of expected period.

Wait.

I'll try to wait until day of expected period. Which is May 18th.

Baby #2

Game Plan: I had no game plan for E except to find out when my "fertile days" were. Now that I'm on HB I feel like that's not enough! I'm going to look around HB for the answers to my burning questions...like: When are the best days to BD? How early can you test? Basically stuff covered in depth here on HB.

18. googly-eyes

@HeartAbandoned: Interesting! Any idea why that is?

@Espion: how old is your first LO? Just curious!

@HappyBluebird: welcome & good luck!

19. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@googly-eyes: He's 10 months. Let's just say I'm not a spring chicken.

20. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HappyBluebird: Welcome! You'll love it here!

As for me, Bees - I'm 5 DPO and I feel like I'm already symptom spotting. This is going to be a long one...

21. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @googly-eyes: @HellOnHeels: @pinkcupcake: @HeartAbandoned: @Radish: my chart says BOY - a brother for DS, that would be awesome! I would love a little girl at some point too though (the spring dresses slay me, so adorable) so I'm really happy with either.

@HappyBluebird: @Espion: welcome! I love getting a bigger May crowd, can't wait for the POASing to start

@MrsHansen82: I already know this is going to be the worst cycle ever for me, symptom-spotting wise... what are your symptoms? I don't think 5DPO is too early - I noticed small changes just a few days after I got pregnant with DS#1, way before I ever POAS.

Okay bees, first time OPK-er here, I need some advice. I've been using FMU all along, which I've read on message boards maybe isn't the best idea, but it's what the directions on the box said and I guzzle water all day long, so it made the most sense to me. The picture I posted on Sunday was my first positive, but yesterday morning and in the middle of the night tonight, I got OPKs with a much darker test line than that. I think I'll try another one mid-morning to see how it looks now - and just try to limit my coffee consumption 'til then!

DH and I BD-d yesterday morning, but not last night or this morning (there wasn't time, I'm kicking myself!) We've been getting pretty busy though - BD last Thurs, Fri, Sunday, and yesterday AM. We'll do it tonight too - sorry, is there such a thing as overshare on these boards?

My question is, once you get a positive OPK or two, how long is the conception window? It's been a little over 24 hours since I got the really dark line yesterday. We're definitely aiming for early this evening, as soon as DS goes to bed... maybe around 7:30? Do you think the timing is good?

I know I'm really overthinking this, but this is my first time knowing what is going on and I'm SO hopeful. Anyone else in the same boat?

22. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

And in case anyone wants to see something that was peed on... Just took this now, the line keeps getting darker!

I love OPKs, but I feel like they are getting my hopes up wayyy too high this time around.

23. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

hey ladies so im a bit concerned as I was to O this week, which I think I did but then immediately started spotting which lead to a very light period...i definetly dont think this is normal... who knows. Anyone get what I am going to call a "mini period" like that? This is the first time I've been activly aware of when I should be O'ing and then BAM...mini period.

24. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@sunset840: when you say immediately, do you mean like 1 DPO? If you're not exactly sure what your O date was and it was a few days afterward, it could be implantation bleeding... But I think the earliest that happens is 6DPO or so (correct me if I'm wrong!) so I'm not sure that's what you're describing.

ETA: just read on American Preg Assoc that light spotting can be a secondary sign of ovulation too? Never knew that! It seems like everything could be a sign of anything sometimes, haha!

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I would consider the window open until you can confirm O. Are you temping too? Usually it's within a day or two of the positive opk, but I've gotten a positive opk before and O wasn't confirmed with a temp rise until a week later, so if I had stopped bd I would have been out right off the bat. If you want to follow SMEP, you BD the day of the positive opk and the next two days, then take a rest day, then one more day after that

26. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I second what Anya said. I used OPKs for the first time last month and I Oed about two days after the positive test (confirmed with temping)

@sunset840: If it was just spotting, I wouldn't worry. Some people bleed a little bit when the egg is expelled. It can actually be a positive sign!

AFM...I'm worried about spotting too. I'm in my 2nd "normal" cycle post MC. Last month after TOM i had 2 days bleed free, and then spotted the week before O. This month, I'm on CD 12 and have been spotting for the entire last week. UGH

I'm going to the Dr. on Friday for an unrelated follow up, but I really just wish my body would be "normal"

I've been low on progesterone in the past, and I wonder if this isn't a sign of that being a problem again? Or maybe it's just stress? I had a rough/emotional weekend

27. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@googly-eyes: I'm not really sure why that is! I have heard that girl sperm live longer, so my assumption is that the way most people end up getting pregnant from Clomid involves ovulating after BDing, so the girl sperm are the ones that are still there? It could just be a total coincidence, and I do know at least one Clomid boy in real life. So who knows

28. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MaryM: I have no suggestions or anything helpful, but just wanted to send you hugs after your rough weekend. I hope things brighten up for you!

I really struggled yesterday seeing all of the adorable Easter family photos on social media. Just plain ol' jealousy on my part! Here's hoping this is our month!

29. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Anya @Radish @googly-eyes @MrsHansen82 @ keepcalmcarrie: Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm so excited to finally join....I can tell I'm going love it here!

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Thanks for your hugs!

I think overall, it was hard to spend so much time with all my nieces and nephews (especially when the young ones ask when I'll have a baby in my tummy). Plus a lady at church asked about my pregnancy (not knowing I'd lost it), and I met my cousin's baby who was born the day of my miscarriage. It was just too much!

But maybe something better can happen now with all the hard emotions behind us

31. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MaryM: Yep, that sounds like a perfect storm for hard weekend. Prayers that things will only go up from here!

@HappyBluebird: You'll totally love it here! It's the best, really. Welcome!

32. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MaryM: That sounds so rough. I hope that this is all a distant memory soon enough and next year this time you have a baby of your own in your arms.

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Radish: Thank you! That's exactly what I was thinking about and hoping for while I was still able to hold it together.

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Two facebook pregnancy announcements on Easter for me (and an engagement!) Ah, the little twinges of jealousy. How do you ladies feel about social media announcements on a holiday? I think I'd probably wait until a day or two after just so it didn't get lost among all of the "Happy Easter!" posts.

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@raspberries: I can understand them for some people...especially if they waited until the holiday to tell their family when they were all together in person and then wanted to tell friends.

But for me personally, I'm not sure how I feel about social media announcements. I hate having tons of attention on me, so I'm not sure if I'd do it. I'd rather tell people that I'm close to in a more personal way than on FB.

But I know DH won't be able to resist, so I'll probably just let him do it and have it trickle over to mine.

36. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@MaryM: I hate having tons of attention on me in person - I opted for a facebook announcement cause I felt like it was less pressure, in a way. lots of likes and comments, but no one poking my belly

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MaryM: aww I'm so sorry honey. That's rough. Hoping you get a rainbow in may!

38. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MaryM: I know what you mean. I have a love/hate relationship with social media - but I live a 12-hour drive/2 hour flight from family, so I rely on it to keep in touch.

I think DH will probably spill the beans on FB, so I'll just have him tag me and share "friends of friends" and we'll be good to go.

39. googly-eyes

@Espion: I think it's probably a great experience for LOs to be close together! If we hadn't had a lot going on and if I were braver I would have ttc earlier too!

@MaryM: Sorry about that rough time. As for fb (@raspberries: )I try not to take it too seriously but sometimes when Im having a rough time with something I try to stay off of there because it usually just ends up making me feel crappy since there's a lot of bragging going on there! Hope you both get bfps soon!

Not sure who is keeping track of dates at the moment but looks like my poas day isn't til may 18th!

40. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

Okay, roll call - tell me your POAS date and I'll write up a list!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee