Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@Anya: just saw the updated list, thanks!!

2. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Just wondering: what is everybody's position on drinking during the TWW? Most resources I've seen suggest it doesn't pose much risk to a pregnancy since you don't share a bloodstream with baby yet, but it makes me feel sort of guilty and nervous! But, I do love a glass of wine, and it seems like sort of a bummer to give it up for half the month every month when I don't even know if I might be pregnant!

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@angelachase: I wouldn't give it up unless you really want to. I don't usually drink during the TWW mostly because it affects my temperatures and I want to have an accurate chart, but if not for that I would indulge more

4. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@angelachase: im drink til its pink. i had a mixed drink the night before my bfp with LO 1

5. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@angelachase: I'm not a big drinker (as in 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages a year) so it depends on what your comfortable with!

6. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@angelachase: my position on drinking during the TWW is a big fat positive - as in, I love my wine and try to enjoy it even more than usual (always assuming, incorrectly for the past three cycles, that it will be a long time before I get to imbibe again). I say, if you enjoy it, drink 'til it's pink!

7. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: @googly-eyes: Wine I'll have to make sure DH and I go to get sushi before I test too. Both are things I might have in very tiny quantities toward the end of pregnancy (I did with LO#1) - but the prospect of not being able to have something has always made me want it more.

8. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

With all this writing about wine, I just realized we don't have any in the house... pretty sure my TWW started yesterday, so this is a problem!

9. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Anya: @sorrycharlie: @keepcalmcarrie: Thanks for the reassurance! I went ahead and had two glasses of yummy white wine tonight!

@MrsStar: Haha.....I am more like 3-5 alcoholic beverages per week, soooo.....

10. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@angelachase: I'm not a big drinker but I had a glass of wine the week I got my bfp. I don't plan on changing any habits until I get the +

11. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@Anya: could you please me add me on May 10?

12. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@angelachase: I am usually a pretty obsessively careful person but I am SOOOO drink till its pink this month! I will probably go back to a more obsessive MO later but after 5 months of stressing (6 if you count a NTNP month) I need a chill pill. Oh and for what it's worth I am not a big drinker by any means but I did drink coffee and alcohol with my son because I was on honeymoon and didn't think in a million years I would be pregnant. He is healthy. Maybe just luck but I think most people are safe so long as they don't go overboard.

Tomorrow is CD 10 and I haven't decided yet if I will even use OPKs this month. I might just because I'm curious to see if I will ovulate early again but I am feeling so lazy about the whole process.

13. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Sorry for the delayed response -so busy this week. My symptom spotting is not getting any better. I've been noticing nausea, tons of CM, sore breasts and nipples and very moody . I'm only 7 dpo now, so I'm probably just imagining most of it. What sort of symptoms did you notice early on? Anything as early as 5 dpo? I always thought you can't have symptoms until you implant.

14. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@angelachase: I usually try to act like I'm pregnant during the TWW, just in case. I have to say though, now that I'm on my 4th cycle, it's getting kinda old.

15. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Anya: Whenever AF arrives I get a bunch of indulgent food and watch crappy reality TV with my heating pad. Haha! It sounds so pathetic, but it really helps!

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May-be Baby POAS Dates :
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal, angelachase
    7 Annette
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    23 MrsStar

17. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Anya: @keepcalmcarrie: Will you move my POAS to 5/4? That should be 11 DPO, I'm pretty sure. I don't think I'll be able to wait until 5/10

18. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@HeartAbandoned: done!

19. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsHansen82: I had the same symptoms you're describing - the sore breasts being the most noticeable, because that is never a PMS symptom for me. I think my symptoms started around 6DPO... I could have sworn it was in the first week of the TWW. Not sure if that makes sense with implantation, but it's what I remember I have a good feeling for you!!

20. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsHansen82: yes i love my heating pad!

@keepcalmcarrie: that's so true, being told to stay away from something would make me want it even more, even if I never craved it too much normally

21. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Ladies, I am trying SO so hard to not get my hopes up this cycle.. but that is difficult when your chart looks like this

22. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: now that is a beautiful chart! FX for you, I don't think it hurts to get your hopes up...

I have a really good feeling about our POAS group so far!

23. Tam

grape / 92 posts

Cycle day 19
    Cycle # 10
    POAS date // May 7
    Baby # // 1
    Game plan this month // Started taking Pregnacare conceive vitamins and loads of prayers this month. Keeping fingers crossed

24. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

My first time really participating in a POAS thread!
    Cycle day // CD2
    Cycle # // 1
    Ovulation & POAS dates // O maybe May 8. POAS May 18. Cycles have been really weird lately so I’m hoping I ovulate at all.
    Baby # // 2
    Your game plan this month // Remembering to temp. I bought a digital OPK so I hope it works or will give me an idea if I’m ovulating.
    Good luck to everyone!!!

25. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@Anya: that chart looks perfect! Good luck!

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks for the reassurance! I am trying not to get too anxious about it all.....women have been getting & staying pregnant for thousands of years, so we must be pretty resilient, right?

26. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@Anya: Thanks for adding me to the list!

Your chart looks textbook! The second temp jump after 5DPO looks especially encouraging. I'm getting really excited for you

27. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: wow! That's beautiful!!! FX!

28. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Ladies, will you take a look at my chart? I have not been temping/charting very religiously in the past few months, so I don't have much practice in recognizing when I O'd (and Kindara doesn't have the crosshairs like FF does). Do you think the temp increase shows I O'd yesterday, or is it not big enough of a shift?

29. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@angelachase: it is definitely a big enough increase, it just depends if the shift sustains through tomorrow and the next day. If your temp stays high tomorrow, I'd say you definitely O'd yesterday!

30. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Anya: What a beautiful chart! I'm glad to see how high your temps are before your jump, too. This is my first month charting, and my temps have been in the upper 97s + so far, which seemed odd based on what I've seen from other people. So thanks for sharing Hope this is it for you!!

31. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@angelachase: I don't temp, but based on your CM and rising reps, I'd say your chances are pretty good!

@Anya: That chart looks great! Maybe we'll get BFPs on the same day!

32. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I've mentioned this on other threads but my temp has gone up over time and was lower overall when I temped orally (I now temp vaginally). I've been charting for a long time so of you are interested you can see all of the charts on my FF page, I think the link is on pg 2 or 3 of this thread

Thanks everyone! Hope it still looks good in a few days

33. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Anya: Ooh, Thank you for that info! I'll stalk your charts now

34. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@angelachase: Uh, I was on vacation leading up to BFP and drank the most I've ever drank in years

35. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@snowjewelz: Hahaha, that was me before my first BFP! Just one night in a Mexian restaurant where I clearly thought I was out for the month and had 2 huge margaritas, plus 2 glasses of wine when I got home... so much more than I ever drink...oops!

36. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Anya: Fx for you!!

@keepcalmcarrie: Haha maybe the secret is to let go & drink lots afterall

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Will likely be joining here in a few days...
    @angelachase: I didn't give up alcohol my first 3 cycles, but now I am starting to worry it could be hurting my chances to conceive, so I think for my next cycle I will cut it out.
    @Anya: Your chart looks sooo good
    @angelachase: Your CM looks like it matches up, so you might have O'd

38. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@Anya: such a pretty chart! You're hanging onto April, like me!

FF says I'm 13dpo, but I might only be 11dpo. I'll POAS this weekend, which is why I haven't jumped into the May board yet... Been following, tho!

I'm hardly having any symptoms this TWW and my temps are nice and stable - which is either a good sign for pg, or just a sign that my Naturopath/Acupuncturist knows what she's doing and has stabilized my hormones this cycle!! Either way- good news.

Wishing all the May-be Babies good luck and sticky beans.

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just wanted to wish everyone lots of baby dust this month! I have a great feeling about May!

40. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May-be Baby POAS Dates :
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal, angelachase
    7 Annette, Tam
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries