Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Nathan had a much better night last night, thank goodness. It seems like we've got a new "normal" now. He goes down around 9, sleeps until 5-6, eats, then back to sleep until 8ish. I don't go into work until 8:45 (my commute is 10mins) so we both get to sleep in a little later than most. I get up around 7:30 and I'm able to get ready before he wakes up.

2. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@ShootingStar: Ugh, I'm wishing she'd nurse to sleep! Haahhaa, lately she won't nurse to sleep anymore so it takes a loooong time to get her sleepy/sleeping! I totally agree with sleep getting lighter as the night goes on, which sucks cause she goes to bed at 7ish, so from about 1:00 on, it just gets worse until, like today, she's up at 5:45.

In other news, I just clipped her thumb...oops! Luckily it wasn't as bad as the first time I clipped her, I dint think this one even bled, but she still complained for a minute!

3. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@lilteacherbee: holy balls, I'll take that new normal any day!!!

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: clipping nails is SO hard!

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ShootingStar: There really are so many motivators to keep it up. But in the end, we made the best decision for both of us. It wasn't easy to continue, or to decide to stop. // I hear tickling the feet or neck just gets them to wake up and realize where they are and finish feeding. Worth a try. I'm sure it wouldn't kill the drowsy moment completely.

@lilteacherbee: Thank you! And YAY for an awesome sleep schedule with Nathan!

6. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

Catching up while M naps! And I just sent a request to join the group. Hopefully I'll be better about reading there, hah.

We're almost exclusively pumping now after all of our tongue tie issues. I still think M has a lip tie, but the fight has kinda gone out of me. I pump and feed her during the day and breastfeed her at night, because she seems to latch better when she's sleepy. We're still working on suck training her and trying to overcome her wicked gag reflex.

@ms.janedoe: I always make my husband do the nails! I'm too scared, still.

7. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: I clipped Reagan's thumb over the weekend! And it DID bleed. She couldn't care less though, so I guess that's good...I had been biting them instead of clipping them.

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: I am glad things are going better for you now that you get your boobs back, ha. That must have been a hard decision, but you gotta do what works best for you. How is being back at work?

9. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ms.janedoe: LO is an extremely restless sleeper. Especially between the 4 am feeding and when she typically wakes up around 7:30.

@ShootingStar: I'm struggling with this too. LO has a really hard time falling asleep unless she is nursing (naps and night time) which makes it hard for anyone else to get her to go down for a nap. Thus I can't leave her with anyone for more than 2-3 hrs without it being a total meltdown. I told DH that his birthday present to me could be learning to put her down to sleep without me.

10. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@stine_ciro: We can get him to go to sleep with a few minutes of bouncing and shushing, especially if I put him in the swing. I guess my issue is not how to *get* him to sleep. It's almost how to *not* get him to sleep during nursing...but then get him to sleep without a crutch.

11. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

So far behind......

12. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

I'm pretty sure that a couple of us have mentioned avoiding dairy at some level or another. I'm too lazy to go back and figure out who it applies to anyways.... I'm also avoiding dairy in its obvious forms of milk cheese ice cream etc. so this past weekend I noticed trader joes has coconut milk "non dairy dessert" next to their ice cream. It totally hits the spot! I got chocolate but they also had strawberry. At first it has a bit of an unexpected coconut flavor but now that I'm used to it I just think mmmmm chocolate ice cream!

That's all. Enjoy.

13. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@ms.janedoe: aw, Harper is so sweet with her wubbanub. Ollie loves his too. Is constantly holding and petting it....melts my heart

14. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@sweetooth: Re: the 7 hour stretch of sleep--I'm curious about it too! The night it happened we didn't do anything any differently, and normally he sleeps in 3-5 hour stretches (usually 3). The 7 hours only happened that one time, so it's a mystery to me! I'm surprised you're waking your babe to eat--I'd let him sleep if I were you, so you get some more shuteye! Also, I'm sorry to hear about your painful BF experience. That sounds so difficult, but it also sounds like you made the best decision for all of you. Hugs!

15. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsDragon: Glad to hear you're finding something that works for you. Are you over the thrush?

@NeekieRose: Being back at work is such a challenge. It's hard because I work from home and I'm starting out part-time. I never thought getting in 4 hours a day would be so challenging. It's also hard to take it easy on myself. I'm used to going above and beyond and now I just need to do my best. Are you back in the swing of things at work? I know it's been a while longer for you.

@anbanan15: don't even worry about catching up, just let us know how you and your little ones are doing?

@DigAPony: We've had to work on him gaining weight for most of his life so far, so in order to get in enough ounces a day it requires that we wake him. Thanks for the hugs!

I have a questionnaire for you all...
    Your baby is showing the telltale signs of a doozie poo while you're in the middle of feeding him. Do you
    A. Continue feeding, tend to the diaper after feeding
    B. Stop feeding immediately change the diaper, then get back to feeding afterwards.
    I have had some doozies where I have to just stop mid feed and go take care of things unless I want to be covered in a big mess or have to strip him down and bathe him

16. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@sweetooth: Aww I'm sorry. I fell behind then also got directed by our nifty FB group

She's doing well. Finally had a BM today after 9 days of not having one, so that was exciting lol. She has been nursing non-stop that last few days so we were wondering if it was a growth spurt, her finally starting to feel well again, and/or a comfort thing (we know she is teething). We have a weight check next Monday scheduled from when she was in the hospital and she hadn't really gained weight during that ordeal. She loves to laugh...you look at her and talk or smile and she belly laughs right back. She has also been rolling up a storm from back to belly and therefore wants to sleep on her belly!! Ugh! But today she also rolled stomach to back so if she masters that a little more I will be less freaked out about her sleeping on the belly (side note: with DS he also was rolling back to belly super super early and wanted to sleep on his belly. The doctors has me flip him over for awhile in his sleep, but it wasn't long before he was so efficient at rolling that he would just roll back. They then said that if he is able to roll back to belly he probably has the head control to be able to sleep on his stomach. Still mad a me nervous as a FTM).

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: Are you working part time with the baby? Or do you have some type of childcare? It is easy to believe that it is difficult to get in even a half day with a baby. Before I came back to work, there was a discussion about me working part time from home, which I think I could have done. But then there was some HR issue where I would have had to work a full day, which I decided was not possible.

I totally get what you mean about not being able to go above and beyond. That was always how I was, but now priority is being able to pick up baby girl at a decent time. This has meant not working extra hours when previously I was always one of the first to arrive and one of the last to leave. It's a little weird and I feel somewhat guilty, but things change!

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sweetooth: To answer your question, it depends - if it's a middle of the night feed, definitely stop and change diaper. Every time I've done it after, we've been up for hours trying to get him back to sleep. If ti's during the day, I'd probably let it go until after.

OMG guys, I let him have access to his fist last night (instead of swaddling both hands down) and his sleep was so much better! He slept close to 6 hours the first time, then 3/1.5/1 Usually he does more like 3/2/1. And now he's napping in the swing :).

I'm home today with him DH because it's supposed to snow pretty good here and DH is still recovering. I didn't bring my laptop home today so it's pretty much a PTO day. It actually feels pretty good after the weekend I had. Baby + Dog + Sick husband + sleep deprivation is just too much for me on my own :(. I really wish my parents lived nearby. And that they weren't at their winter place in FL. I almost begged my mom to get on a plane. If they'd been at their house in NY I totally would've had her drive out to help me. But DH's up for helping out again and baby slept so much better so I feel almost human again :).

19. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: join us on Facebook!

20. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@sweetooth: Dude, just make a fake-y Facebook JUST for the group, you don't even have to use your real name so your family/friends won't know it's you (Jane Doe is always a good one!)! Then just join out group and don't use it for anything else!

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

So, contracts are coming up soon, so DH and I have to have the what's our childcare situation next school year like/can I go part time/do I need to stay at home talk. It's stressful--we've been so lucky with our free childcare this school year, and I don't know that it will continue next year. If I'm still teaching, I'd prefer to go part time so I am stressed less and home with J more. I'm kind of interested / daydreaming about a WAH position or some sort of part time that's only a few days a week rather than half days like I would be at school. I love teaching, but I don't get paid a ton (Catholic school) and I don't know what's worth it.

22. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hellooooo There????? I just joined HB and I have a Nov 2013 baby... are there any other threads? I searched and this was the most recent one...... ??

23. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Ajsmommy: Hi! We are all really active on our FB group if you'd like to join us?

24. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Sure... Do you need to add me? Or should I search for the group?

25. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

26. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MrsTiz: that link isn't working on my phone or on my pc..?

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ajsmommy: it's a secret group, so I think you have to be added. Can you wall me your email?

28. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@MrsTiz: OMG I opened this thread and it went to the first page with that pic of Jack. He's so teeny tiny and precious there! I can't believe how big they've all gotten.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee