Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@katieleigh_82: Ugh, sorry to hear about the GD. You're already sacrificing for your little one!

2. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@rattles: Thankfully it's only for a couple more months, so I can tough it out for now! It is hard to ignore my frequent ice cream cravings though

3. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@KatieLeigh_82 I just got diagnosed yesterday and I'm feeling really down about it. I see my new midwife this morning and we'll see what she says. I don't eat meat so my primary sources of protein have been dairy based and I know milk has a lot of naturally occurring sugar in it, so I'm not sure how to make the right changes. I guess I'll talk to the midwife about it.

We made some progress on the nursery finally - our glider was delivered and we painted our dresser and the crib will show up sometime in the next month. Our shower is still not for another two weeks but we've started getting some of our registry gifts already.

4. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Sorry that both you and @katieleigh_82: are dealing with GD:-(. Such a bummer, especially when you're finally at a point in the pregnancy where you're actually enjoying food! Neat to hear that you're making headway on the nursery. Do you have a feeling about the sex of the baby? I think it's amazing that you're able to be Team Green!

Our nursery is about 90% done. All we need is for our rocker to arrive and for my mom to recover the foot stool we're using as an ottoman in the rocker's fabric and it will be done. With the mural on the wall, I didn't want to put too much art up to compete with it, but there are a few things I want to hang.

How's everyone feeling? I'm in my 30th week and cannot believe there is at least 9 more weeks of growing to do! I have a 5k on Sunday-I will jog slowly for sure, and that will likely be the end of my running for this pregnancy:-). Hope everyone is feeling well!

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Chicalgobee I can't believe you're still able to run! It got waaay too painful around 27 weeks for me to manage it at all. I have two 5ks I'm signed up for, but I'm walking both of them.

The appointment with the new midwife went well, but they classified me as high risk and if I can't get my sugar under control, I'll stay high risk, otherwise they'll let me alternate between the OBs and midwives. I feel so frustrated that the timing of my job switch and everything else led me to switch practices so late, so I won't get to meet everyone in the practice and it's unlikely I'll have met the midwife on call when I go to the hospital. It makes me really glad we went ahead and hired a doula, so we have some continuity of care. Did anyone else hire a doula?

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

This board is so quiet! Just popping in to say I've been thinking of y'all and hope everyone is feeling well! Now that fall weather is settling in, November isn't feeling so far away!

7. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

A small update from this neck of the woods. I'm almost 30 weeks (!!!), and baby girl is moving a grinding and bumping out like CRAZY! We started working on the "nursery", which is basically just the corner of our bedroom. I want to switch out the Ikea chair for a proper glider soon, and then I'm pretty much done! I did the letters above her crib this evening, as well as starting a ribbon garland. Has anyone else started work on their babes space?

8. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Hi, everyone! I've been away for awhiiiiiile.

So, we had the twins at 26 weeks. It was super crazy, but everything is going ok. I am so glad we chose to deliver at a Level 4 NICU hospital. If we hadn't, I think this whole thing would have turned out much differently. The babies are doing well; they're just tiny-sized. They'll be coming home around their due date, in late October or early November.

Anyway, just want to say hello - hope you all are doing well!

9. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@ShayNanigans: wow! Congratulations and I am so happy to hear that the twins are thriving.

10. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

@ShayNanigans: holy cow! Congratulations! I hope they're doing well. And you too!

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@ShayNanigans: Oh my goodness, congratulations! I'm so glad that you and the babies are doing well! Keep us posted on them when you can, and congrats again!

@Sophs Mama: The nursery looks adorable! I'm 32 weeks, and we're moving this week, so I'm just looking forward to having a room at all at this point!

12. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@ShayNanigans: WOW, Congrats Glad all is well!!

I am 33 weeks on Friday and I can't believe how close it is! I am also overwhelmed trying to get not one, but two rooms together. DD #1's big girl furniture came on Saturday, so I basically have about 6 weeks before my scheduled c-section to get everything together.

My shower is October 4, and I am excited that I get to have a second one even though I'm having another girl!

Has anyone else had their baby showers?

13. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Sophs Mama: super cute! I love the ribbons and letters.

@ShayNanigans: wow, congrats! Glad to hear you and they are doing well and yay that you're getting closer to having them home with you!

@MarieJ: we're not having a shower but yay that yours is soon! I fudged my amazon registry date by a month so I think I'm gonna order the whole thing w/completion discount any day now. We have just about everything ready, such a nice feeling!

...Even nicer feeling: we finally agree on a name, hooray!

14. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ShayNanigans: Wow! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing if you had two boys, two girls, or one of each? I don't recall you finding out the sexes at the anatomy scan! Hope everyone is recuperating well!
    @MarieJ: I had two showers super early on. The first was in Chicago at the end of June, mostly because I was already going to be there and that's where my whole extended family is. The second was with a few close friends in SoCal at the end of July- since we're teachers, we needed to do it so the hostess could not stress about being back at school! We have almost everything we need (I'm so grateful!), and I just need to stock up on practical stuff like diapers and wipes, really. No one gave us bottles, so I bought those, too.
    @Sophs Mama: Looking absolutely adorable in there! Love the name Ellie!
    @tororojo: Awesome that you have a name! We had first and middle picked out in July, and I was so thrilled! Then DH said he hated the middle name (it's a family name on my side). I explained that since the baby has "his" last name, it'd mean a lot to me to have my family represented. We haven't talked about it since, but I'm still pretty set on it so we'll see

AFM, I'm 32 weeks today, and I had my 30th birthday yesterday. I'll see my OB this week (haven't seen him since July!), and have so many questions. Near the top of the list is who is going to deliver if it isn't him, bc I have only met his NPs so far, no other OBs. Also, with the umbilical cord issue, I need to make sure growth is on track since that can be an issue at this point in the pregnancy.

15. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Shaynanigans Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing well and fingers crossed for no complications!

I've been super-stressed out between the GD, the new job, and the fact that I have no sick time and my new midwife/OB practice wants me to come in basically weekly until the due date and also wants me to see an endocrinologist and possibly go in for additional growth ultrasounds and monitoring. Which is hard because I have no sick time, so I'm working long hours to make up for taking so much time to go to the doctor's. We'll see how it goes, I guess. I have been having a hard time prioritizing exercise as well, which is really frustrating.

16. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

So...who's still pregnant? I am! 36w4d. I am 1cm dilated, which is more than I was w/DD even by my due date so I'm hoping and praying to go into labor on my own this time around. Am a little nervous about it and afraid I won't recognize contractions for what they are and will accidentally give birth in the bathroom or car or something. Totally not irrational over here or anything. How is everyone doing? Anyone doing fun stuff like red raspberry leaf tea, perineal massage, etc? I'm drinking the tea and trying to stay on my feet a lot and let gravity work its magic!

17. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@ShayNanigans: Congratulations, hope you and the babies are doing well and you are settling into your new life as a momma!!! Hope to see some updates from you soon I think we're all super curious to know Boys/Girls/One of each?!?!
    @Sophs Mama: Love the nursery, looks super cute!
    @MarieJ: Hope you had a great shower, we had ours on September 7th and it was amazingly overwhelming, this child is spoiled already!!!
    @Ms.Mermaid: Hope the new job and GD is going well. Thankfully my blood sugar readings have been great and I have been able to avoid any meds and just keep myself well controlled with diet.
    @tororojo: I will be 35w on Monday, and my Dr said he is only letting me work until 35w so this Sunday is my last day of work until after little man gets here!!! I am so ready to be done with work, working nights is killing me right now I'm just exhausted. I haven't started the red raspberry leaf tea but am strongly considering it. Are you drinking it?

Has anyone had maternity pics taken? We did ours a couple weeks ago!

I am officialy onto the once a week NST's and appointments with the Dr phase. I don't know about everyone else, but I am sooooooo ready to meet out little man and be a momma!

18. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Forgot I never shared these, nursery is all done!

19. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow! I'm on weekly monitoring and doctor's visits but they haven't started internal exams yet. We don't have our crib yet - it seems to be backordered, so the nursery isn't organized and my poor husband is super frustrated.

@Katie_Leigh82 Things are going well - I've been able to control with diet and exercise so far - I started acupuncture to help control the gestational diabetes on a friend's recommendation, and then once I hit 38 weeks, I'm going to start using it to try to bring on labor.
    @ToroRojo My friends and I are doing a one-mile-a-day challenge for October, which has helped a lot with my energy levels and discomfort so I'm hoping that it is also helping gravity bring on labor a little sooner.

20. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: My Dr told me he would be checking my cervix starting at my visit next week. He said if I don't go into labor early on my own, he will for sure be inducing me no later than 39 weeks due to the GD and also the fact I am on blood thinners for my clotting disorders. I'm glad your GD is well controlled also, hopefully neither of us have huge GD babies

21. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@tororojo: I am! I am! I have raspberry tea sitting on the shelf-maybe I should start drinking it!
    @katieleigh_82: Caleb's nursery is adorable! I am still waiting on some prints I got framed at Michael's (they were doing one of their crazy 80% off custom framing deals, so I got a great price!) and then the nursery will be ready....save for our rocker, which the store didn't bother to tell me was on back order until we'd already been waiting a month for it. Sigh!
    @Ms.Mermaid: 37 weeks-wow!! How are you doing? Sorry about the crib being backordered...we got ours off of Amazon (yes, really!) and with the prime shipping we already had we really lucked out on the delivery time. We'll have baby in a bassinet in the beginning, but it would definitely be stressing me, too, to not have the crib ready!

My update: 36 weeks on Tuesday, and I'm having a big appointment that day. An hour-long ultrasound to check on our baby's growth, and then a follow-up with the doctor for Group B strep test and first internal exam. Crazy to me to think that I'm starting weekly appointments! We're excited to meet our little guy, but also very nervous about the big changes coming! Can't wait to hear/see everyones' updates as the weeks go by! Feel well, almost mamas!

22. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@katieleigh_82: yay that you're finishing up with work! Time to yourself will be nice before life gets too crazy. And your nursery looks great, hooray! Don't be too scared of big babies- DD was 9lbs5oz, which shocked everyone in the delivery room, and I had a pretty easy vaginal birth. The worst thing about a large baby is the tests they do in the hospital to make sure she's not diabetic...I think they pricked DD before and after her first SIX nursing sessions to test glucose levels and it was so sad. (I didn't have GD, just lucky!)

@Ms.Mermaid: one mile a day sounds great! If it weren't so hot here still I might try doing the same...ugh, I can't take the heat. I hope the crib comes soon! Do you have a rock or pack n play you can use just in case? Or there's always the ole laundry basket/dresser drawer of our parents' generation.

@ChiCalGoBee: I have been brewing the tea, then icing it and mixing with a little bit of juice. Have heard it's good with honey as well!

23. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Tororojo - we have a Rock and Play (which I debated registering for but I'm so glad I did) and a Moses basket. We also have a pack and play which we'll set up in the nursery just in case (and probably to get a sense of where the crib will go. My poor husband is so anxious because nothing is organized. I'm so anxious about having a baby that I'm putting off organizing anything. (If anyone else has pre-baby anxiety they want to admit to, feel free.)

We have at least been making progress. The biggest thing is that we ended up getting a second car. My parents were getting rid of theirs, so we took it off their hands. We have a Corolla and the new one is a Pontiac Vibe, which is the hatchback version. My new commute involves a lot more driving than we thought it would, so having two cars will probably be really helpful. We only got one base for our carseat (Cybex Aton if anyone is googling "what carseat is best in a Corolla?") but supposedly the bucket is easy to install without the base, so I figure we'll see how it goes and request a second base for Christmas if we really need one.

I'm feeling overwhelmed trying to figure out if we have enough stuff for the baby. I'm picking up some baby clothes from a friend on Monday, so I think at that point we'll have enough clothes - except I haven't gotten socks. But we have footed sleepers! That should be fine for awhile, right? My breast pump from insurance came yesterday, so I'm in the process of figuring out how that works - I need to boil all of the parts and everything. Also, breast pumps from insurance are only a "starter kit" - I think for awhile they came with a bag and stuff and now they don't (at least not from our insurance company).

Also, on the subject of being the Least Prepared Full Term Pregnant Lady Ever, does anyone else not have a name? We're not even close.

24. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

HI ladies! crazy how time has been flying! Sitting at work on my exercise ball and feeling baby girl kick and move away right now. Done work next week probably, really taking it day/week at a time. Ob was willing to write me off on Tuesday when I saw her, but I declined. I am 37 weeks on Sunday. I see her again on Wednesday and will take her up on her offer. I teach grade 2/3 and it is just getting to hard! I have no support in my room so its hard to be up on my feet all day, and not being able to run to the bathroom! Feet started swelling 1.5 weeks ago, but other then that no big issues. TONS of braxton hicks. By lunch time, my belly is rock hard for most of the afternoon until I go home and lay on the couch for a good 45 minutes, then it is soft and baby girl has a party all evening!
    Our nursery is finally done, shower was 2 weeks ago, and have everything washed and put away. We installed the car seat base in my truck, and getting it checked this weekend. Hospital bags are packed (well baby and mine is.......) doulas are on stand by, so now its just wait for baby to be ready!
    Not excited fort he crotch watch to begin, I anticipate lots of texts, messages and facebook comments once I am done work. I have already changed my facebook settings so that others cant post on my wall and DH is doing the same.

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Had to laugh...I *totally* forgot to buy socks, too, and we weren't gifted any! My mom was like, "how many pairs of baby socks are you bringing to the hospital?" and I was like "uhh...yeah...we own zero. Whoops!" I also wanted to say that I called our local fire station and made an appointment to have them install our base/car seat. It was great-they gave me a thorough explanation on my particular seat (a Britax B-Safe which is huge, but works with our Bob stroller so we only needed to get one stroller), how to install it, and let me take a video of her specifically installing it so DH and I can watch it and do it ourselves. It was free for us, and I totally recommend it! p.s. Can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl! And as for name....we have a first name and had a middle name, but DH recently vetoed it which is annoying. We haven't told anyone either name, and will wait until birth day to decide for sure! I'd say if you go in with a few options you should be good to go:-).

26. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: sounds like you guys are plenty prepared! Even if everything isn't in place by birth day, you'll be fine. I have a Corolla and it has been great, first with our infant seat and currently w/a convertible in the middle...guess I need to move that over and make room for 2, which I already know is going to restrict my freedom a lot more!

@ChiCalGoBee: we have the B-Safe and bought it for stroller compatibility as well!

@MrsScottish: yay for crotch watch! Except for the annoying questions, of course...really I just wanted to be able to type "crotch watch." You're 1 day ahead of me, it's so exciting to be getting so close!

27. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

We got gifted two giant hand me down tubs of clothes, which includes tons of baby socks. So, yay! Also I think we won't need to buy clothes until the kid is at least one. We do need to figure out storage...

I'm 37 weeks, 5 days right now. I'm hopefully executing my will/advance medical directives/power of attorney today and then I'll feel like we're "ready". My husband is running a marathon this weekend, so we just have to get through that and then baby can show up whenever (though I'm trying to get through the next pay period work-wise because the timing works better for my maternity leave.)

I started acupuncture and it's helping a lot with my gestational diabetes, as well as my general discomfort, and with my digestive issues (which are a side effect of my mostly cheese diet), so I highly recommend it for anyone who is having a hard time controlling blood sugar or just feeling really uncomfortable.

Insomnia seems to have set in though. I'm now up in the middle of the night from around 2:30-4:30 and then exhausted all day.

28. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

I take a peek at this board every once in a while. I can't believe the countdown is on for us all!! It is so exciting! I started my weekly check ups at 36 weeks. Tomorrow I'll be 37 weeks! At my last appointment they starting doing the cervix check - and to my surprise last Friday, I was 2-3cm dilated and 80% effaced. I got super nervous until I was told I could be this way for a month.

DH and I are all ready, we packed our bags last night, just in case. All of her clothes are washed and hanging in her closet. We have her crib set up, but her dresser is on back order and we're expected to get it the last week in October. At first I was upset about this - but in reality, we don't need it right away. She will be in a bassinet by our bed for the first couple of months anyways.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one slowing down. This week I've surely noticed a change in my energy level. I plan on working up until I have her though, if possible!

I can't wait to hear about everyone's experience and to see pictures!! How did these past 9 months fly by??

29. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yay for hand me downs! I am having trouble sleeping as well- got up to pee at 4ish today and never got back down, boo. Tonight I'm taking a Unisom!

@DeannaY1230: I'm so jealous of your cervix! (I bet no one has told you that before) I have a check a little later today and am hoping to be making progress, even though it doesn't guarantee imminent delivery!

Me, I'm cleaning the house constantly and trying to quit imagining that every pain in my stomach means I'm in labor. I am obsessed with it and can't stop googling!

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Is it just me, or is the labor symptom spotting as bad as the symptom spotting during the TWW? My nausea returned, which can be a sign of labor, or just reflux. My back has been killing me but I'm hauling around another 25 lbs, so that's no great surprise.

I'm trying to focus my energy this week/next week on getting and keeping our house ready for baby - I don't want to go into labor and have everything be a mess - but I hate cleaning and I'm not a naturally organized person and going up stairs is so hard that it's not really going according to plan.

31. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

Had to comment in agreement on the decrease in energy...I have been exhausted for the first time this entire pregnancy. I went to put my shoes on and walk the dogs today and ended up falling asleep on the couch instead! Luckily it's Saturday so my husband walked them for me. I'm still getting decent sleep at night (SO thankful for that!), but I'm just a lump during the day, still. I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday, and find myself looking for signs of labor all the time!

32. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: YES on the symptom spotting! I have convinced myself that I'm going into labor multiple times, it's pretty bad. Have also been cleaning/trying to maintain a clean house like crazy! I may never clean again after this baby gets here.

@ChiCalGoBee: glad you're still sleeping well! I have pretty much resigned myself to taking Unisom until baby gets here; otherwise I wake up in the middle of the night with my mind racing and can't get back down.

33. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Well, my doctor scheduled me to be induced. I'm supposed to spend this week doing everything I can to go into labor on my own, but seriously, most first time babies are born past their due date and my doctor thinks I'm just going to go into labor at 38 weeks? Anyway, I'm menu planning a bunch of spicy foods and adding cayenne pepper to stuff....I can't really eat a pineapple date smoothie or labor inducing cookies that have a ton of carbs.

34. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: what about walking and sex? I'm trying both of those, even though I don't believe they work (since I went almost a week late last time doing tons of both!). Will they strip your membranes to try and help? My doctor offered to do it at my appt this coming Thurs but I have decided to wait and see if she comes on her own in Oct...that way I can spend Halloween w/my cute little toddler ladybug if not! I will be ecstatic if I go into labor on my own, otherwise I think we're inducing on my due date (Nov 3)

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@tororojo: A good idea in case sleep starts sucking. I've been *SO* lucky with sleep so far. I try and make it a point not to nap (or to not nap for long!), and so far it really seems to have helped me be sooooo exhausted at night that I'm able to conk out.

@Ms.Mermaid: Good luck with the "self"-inducing!

36. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@tororojo I did a 5k plus 2 miles of walking Saturday. Nothing yet. I think I walked 2 miles yesterday. I'm walking at least a mile a day. Sex sounds great in theory but then its so awkward and uncomfortable and businesslike, it's worse than TTC. My doctor said we can do a membrane sweep before the induction, so I'm going to try to schedule that for Friday. I made labor cookies last night, which are at least DELICIOUS. http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/labor-inducing-cookie-recipe

The big thing that I keep reading about that there is any evidence that it "works" is eating dates, which are so full of sugar and carbs that I can't eat them. I did buy a fresh pineapple that I'm going to carve up tonight, core included, so that I can do pineapple-coconut milk smoothies and maybe that will help. I'm also going to acupuncture this week and I bought some Clary Sage essential oil which even if it doesn't work to jump start labor, can supposedly be useful during labor, so I'm hoping that it might help bring on contractions after they put in the Cervadil and I might be able to avoid pitocin.

I know that in theory none of the old home remedies "work" but I do genuinely believe in the mind-body connection, so my hope is that maybe my believing that eating some cayenne pepper cookies will help me go into labor will do the trick. I just have a hard time believing that a baby will be convinced to come early for a first pregnancy.

37. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Thought I would pop over and post this in case any of our October / November mamas have a baby today:

"Babies born today [October 20th] get free $500 mutual fund investment"
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2014/10/20/babies-free-mutual-fund-investment/17438963/?csp=fbfanpage

38. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: OMG yes I totally agree with you on the labor spotting being just as bad as the TWW...it is absolutely horrible!!!

I was officially placed on modified bed rest as of last Thursday due to my NST results. I was having very strong contractions, but they were not coming regularly, he is just doing it as a safety precaution because he wants me to at least get to 37 weeks. He has already told me that if our little man does not come early on his own that I will be induced no later than 39 weeks due to my long list of issues.

I cannot believe we are all in the home stretch, this is sooooo exciting!!!!!!

On a side note there is a page I like on Facebook called HaHas for HooHas and they often post some pretty funny stuff. They shared this one the other and I was laughing so hard I nearly pee'd myself (doesn't take much these days lol) I just found it to be so true!

http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/surprise-pregnancy-symptoms-the-pregnancy-books-really-gloss-over/?cmp=SMC|bbl|soc|FB|BabbleMain|InHouse|101014|pregbooks|Link|famM|Social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=SMC|bbl|soc|FB|BabbleMain|InHouse|101014|pregbooks|Link|famM|Social

39. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Just ordered a free nursing cover, only had to pay S&H, a lot of you probably have gotten these free offers as well at some point during your pregnancy I think I got some from Motherhood Maternity some came in a magazine, but I figured I would share just in case! All the codes are for a free item you only have to pay shipping and handling.

Uddercovers.com - code B976699A3 good for 1 nursing cover

carseatcanopy.com - code NPMAG13C good for 1 car seat canopy

Bellybuttonband.com - code PTS1114B good for 2 belly button bands, or 1 belly button body band

Sevenslings.com - code PTS1114SS good for 1 sling/baby carrier

Babyleggings.com - code PTS1114BL good for 5 pairs of baby leggings

Nursingpillow.com - code NPMAG13NP good for 1 nursing pillow.

40. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

So my doctor and I had a big disagreement about when to induce and 24 hours in to our induction, I think I was right. My body is not ready for labor and this is going slowly and very discouraging.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee