Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Moms

1. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: Gus is adorable!! We've had names picked out for a while now too and I'm worried I won't like them anymore when it's finally time to use them haha

@clover: get your steak on girl!

2. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

I've got my first ob/gyn appointment tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous again, and I'm not super sure what to expect since I've already had 2 appointments with my RE. DH actually made this appointment for me. The office is in the same complex he works at and his schedule's always more complicated than mine, so it was easier to have him just schedule it. Of course, he didn't ask what to expect and now I'm wondering. Can anyone help?

3. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: I was about 9.5 weeks at my first appt. I gave a urine sample and they weighed me. She tried to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler but couldn't get it. I had an ultrasound the day before and saw the heartbeat so she wasn't worried. She said its normal not to hear it yet. I didn't have a pelvic exam since I've been going to that practice for years and had one about 6 months prior, but I've heard some friends had one. She gave me a packet of info, answered any questions and then scheduled all of my appts until my due date. That's it!

4. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@peaches1038: Awesome! Thanks so much! I'm really, really hoping she can get the heartbeat since the last time we had confirmation everything was okay was 3 weeks ago.

5. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: How far are you?

6. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@peaches1038: 9+4 today.

7. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: You might get lucky!!! Try not to worry if it doesn't happen though!!! Good luck!

8. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Hoots: I had my first appt at 8 weeks. They weighed me, took my blood pressure, and went over my prenatal labs I had to have drawn prior to the appt. I just had a pap last year so I didn't need one but she still did a pelvic exam and brought the portable ultrasound machine in the room to do a quick transvaginal ultrasound just to make sure the baby had grown appropriately since my ultrasound for spotting one week before. They gave me a book and info packet before I left and scheduled me for my first trimester screening.

9. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@clover: Thanks so much!

10. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Hoots: No problem. Good luck tomorrow!

11. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Hoots: good luck with your appointment

I've had such a cracking headache all day, feeling really dull pressure at the base of my skull and tension across the front. ughhhh not nice.

12. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: Thinking of you today!!
    @FannyMae: I have been getting headaches too. Lots of water helps.

So my sister in law (husbands sister) just called us last night to let us know they are expecting #2! They were having some trouble, so we are all very happy for them. She is due in the beginning of December. She already made the announcement on Facebook, which we haven't done yet. There's always been this weird competition between my husband and his siblings and I can't help but think that she just wanted to "beat us". I know I'm overreacting but I'm a little hurt. I know it's not "our moment" and I don't get a say in when or how they announce but I'm still having those feelings. I'm blaming the hormones! Anyway, just a little vent.

13. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@peaches1038: Do they know you are expecting? Some people can't seem to help themselves from announcing early, we just had a friend due in December do her facebook announcement as well (no one knows we're expecting yet). Really hoping they were just genuinely happy to share rather than sibling competition (and if it was directed then at least you're due before her ). Hormones are the worst though, hard not to take everything personally when they're messing with your mind so much. Feel free to vent away

14. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@clover: yep, they knew. We told them about 3 weeks ago. I'm sure they are just happy, which of course they are!! I am just being irrational, it's really no big deal and not all about ME! Thanks for your response and you're right about those hormones!!

15. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@peaches1038: I don't think you're overreacting. That totally stings, especially with the knowing and the past competition. Did they announce early before with #1?

16. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Happy to report the first ob/gyn appointment went well. I really like her. She said she rarely misses her own patient's delivery, so I'm super stoked about that. She did an ultrasound and baby was moving, measuring on track, and had a hb of 178! DH and I are super excited! We decided against the genetic testing and the NT scan, so next appointment is in 4 weeks!

17. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Hoots: Yay!!! I'm glad that it went well! That's a great heartbeat! I'm glad you got to hear it
    And, You said it perfectly, it does sting. However, I just stalked her fb and she did announce at 8 weeks with LO1, so that actually makes me feel better. Thanks for mentioning that!

18. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: yay!! So glad to hear everything went well! Woohoo for another ultrasound! Since we also declined genetic testing, our next appointment is also four weeks out and I'm already anxious for it! Can't wait to get out of the first tri...almost there!

So ladies, what are your biggest symptoms? I've been fortunate to only deal with mild nausea, so I can't complain about that. My most annoying symptoms are daily headaches, fatigue, and middle of the night insomnia!

19. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Glad everyone's appointments have been going well. My next one isn't until May 18th, but I'm getting a dating ultrasound today. Since DS was born 5 weeks early, they wanted to have an exact date because LMP and first ultrasound didn't line up. So yay for getting to see the little bean again so soon!

@sarahnicole218: My biggest symptom by far is being exhausted. I've been mildly nauseous but nothing some crackers and ginger ale couldn't fix. I did get a terrible headache the other day and it really stinks not being able to take ibuprofen.

20. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@JennyG: Yay for an ultrasound today! Show us a pic if you can!

21. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

hi all!! glad to hear everyone is doing well!!

I'm 12wk today and feeling good. heard heartbeat last week and saw a lot of movement!! no more nausea but still pretty picky about what I will eat (craving all things strawberry flavored and cheese).

since A was born 9wk early due to IC I am having preventative surgery next week to get an abdominal cerclage placed. pretty nervous but mostly just about the anesthesia. and being away from A for the first time. just hoping all goes well and that the surgery will allow me to have a more "normal" pregnancy. also coming to terms with the fact that I'll have to have a c-section. but if that's what needs to happen I am ok with it.

anyone start registering yet?

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Totally have a Target and Amazon registry started already! Good luck with the surgery!!!

23. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

I think it's time for an update...please let me know if I need to make any changes to it!!

November Mamas
    November 6th: CaliCatLady
    November 7th: Sicem07
    November 8th: nanilani
    November 10th: EleanorRigby
    November 11th: LadyTron, littleredhairedgirl
    November 12th: BigSkyGirl
    November 13th: FinFan
    November 15th: Peaches1038
    November 19th: WrkBrk , Miss Sarah, clover
    November 21st: AggieDaze, JennyG
    November 26th: Hoots, anbanan15
    November 27th: HourThyme
    November 28th: ChaosMaven
    November 29th: FannyMae, Imabee

December 1st: EBSC
    December 6th: Mrs Hedgehog

24. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Hoots: Congrats! What a great feeling!!
    @sarahnicole218: I am exactly like you, girl! Mild nausea (not bad at all), but middle of the night insomnia FOR REAL, and last week, a headache that lasted 3 entire days and nights!! Still, not complaining though since it could be so much worse. I am excited to tell work next week, at week 12! Have you told/when are you telling work?

25. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: You'll see I just underwent a username change For privacy reasons! Anyway, I am substitute teacher and several people I work with know about the baby because of appointments and what not. But I really hope it doesn't have an effect on my chances of getting hired as a full-time teacher next year!

26. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Oooo good call! It should NOT affect that ... tons of fulltime teachers have kids!!!

27. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Miss Sarah: I would say my biggest symptoms have been nausea and fatigue. I'm only vomiting a couple times a week now, which is soo much better. But if I don't eat often enough, I feEl so sick. And I've been so tired! I take a lunch nap every day and am in bed by 8:30 or 9 every night. But overall, I'm feeling so much better. I'll be 12 weeks on sunday, so I'm hoping it continues to improve!
    @JennyG: Yay for ultrasounds!! @littleredhairedgrl: I totally have an Amazon registry started!! (And honestly, almost finished haha)

28. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Has anyone else not had their first appointment yet? I feel like I am in the minority here with my first appointment being on Monday. I'll be 10w3d.

I still feel like I am riding that boat. Not any better and not any worse, except now I also have headaches.

We are between insurances right now, which is a little frustrating. DH started a new job last week and he was told benefits would start immediately. Well they failed to mention there was a waiting week. He was able to enroll yesterday, so hopefully we get the info soon as I'm late with my monthly labs. I should have had them checked around the 23rd

29. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: biggest symptoms for me are definitely the nausea. I vomit just about every morning (bile ugh), then I start to feel better after breakfast. It hits me again by 2 or 3 pm and gets really strong all the way through to bed time. If I don't take half a zofran by 4pm I will throw up my dinner (actually, sometimes I do that anyway). Other than that, tiredness and wanting to nap, random crampy belly and YES insomnia waking up in the middle of the night from scary dreams. I'm also puffed up in my midsection from the progesterone One more day to get through til US and OB appointment!

@littleredhairedgrl: all the best with your surgery, hope it goes well and gives you a great smooth pregnancy.

30. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@anbanan15: I had my first appointment on Monday, at 9 w 2 d... but since I see a family practice dr who doesn't have an ultrasound machine in the office, I am still waiting on an ultrasound! Kind of losing my mind over here. I won't believe this pregnancy is real until I see a heartbeat!

31. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Chaosmaven: I go to a smaller OB/GYN office (2 OB/GYN, 2 midwives) and they do not have an ultrasound machine in office either....I'm honestly not sure if they will order one before the anatomy scan this time, so I might be waiting awhile. Do they at least have a Doppler? Not the same thing, but at least you can hear the heartbeat.

32. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@anbanan15: They do, but it was still a little early to hear with Doppler according to the dr. Hope we both get to hear or see our babies soon!

33. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

So the PA from my practice just called to let me know about the results of my dating ultrasound. They weren't far enough apart to change the due date so I'm now officially Nov. 21st.

She did let me know that she saw a bruise on the placenta (I think that's what she said, it now seems like a jumble in my mind). She said its not usually something to worry about and most clear up all on their own. Most women who have them never even know, but we were able to see it because of the dating ultrasound. I'm obviously a little freaked out, but she seemed like it would most likely be ok and not be any issue. So no BDing until we get another ultrasound, which she won't be ordering until my next appointment on May 18th. After all the timed BDing while TTC, we were enjoying the stress free sexy time. Not anymore.

34. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

So I'm super excited because I just ordered the pregnancy pillow I've been eyeing that was on a Mother's Day special. I don't really need it yet, but I bought one for a good friend as a gift when she was pregnant and she said to get one sooner rather than later when the time came.

@JennyG: That sucks. I've never heard of a bruised placenta. Did they say what causes them or what exactly they are?

35. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

I finally made it home from my OB appointment this morning, and thankfully everything was good with the baby. Has almost caught up in size and is now measuring 10 weeks today (OB changed my due date again to 27th), the bleeding that was visible last time is gone and heartbeat was nice and strong.

Surprisingly, they now offer the Harmony blood test which I had no idea about - last time was just the NT scan and maternal serum test at 12 weeks. The downside is that it costs $540 with no health cover reimbursements, but I will do it at the ultrasound clinic at the same time. I also ended up doing my basic pregnancy blood tests today, 4 vials and a urine sample. Still need to take the progesterone pessaries for another 4 weeks when I will see OB again, so I need to ring up my health cover and see if I can get any of it reimbursed (probably not grrr!). I got my list of OB's fees today which have gone up a little since I had DD 3 years ago - $3500, of which I will get only $450 back from Medicare (I suppose that will pay for part of the Harmony test!).

36. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Hoots: I just opened my new preg pillow that I bought the other day and had a mid afternoon snooze in my underwear hee hee best feeling ever!

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Hoots: She called it that and then something else, but didn't get into too much detail. Of course now, I'm wishing I had asked more questions or written it down. She really didn't seem too worried, that women have whatever it is all the time, but it almost always goes unnoticed. She did tell me to call if I have any bleeding and that they'll want to see me. Not that I need to go the ER if it happens, but definitely get checked at the office.

I just feel so much more nervous with this pregnancy. I was so laid back last time, and this time I'm nervous to do anything. I really hate the feeling of taking it easy since I'm usually such an independent person and asking others to do seemingly easy lifting or carrying stuff for me makes me feel like such a wimp.

38. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@Miss Sarah: @FannyMae: thank you!!

we just got the results of our Harmony and its a boy!! very excited but my focus now is on prepping for the surgery and taking care of little A who now has a cold and is snoring up a storm on me right now

@JennyG: if your dr didn't seem worried I wouldn't stress too much. just try and take it easy and relax (if you can)

@Hoots: which pillow did you get? I got one for my last pregnancy and ended up not using it bc it was too big and I couldn't roll from side to side in the bed while using it. looking for a better option now.

39. Imabee

grape / 89 posts

@Hoots: @FannyMae: What kind of pillow did you get? I don't need one yet but I'm a back sleeper so thinking I will be needing one sometime in the future!

@littleredhairedgrl: Congrats on your exciting news! Good luck to you with the surgery and hope all goes well.

40. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Imabee: @littleredhairedgrl: I got a bump nest. They're pretty big, but everyone I know who has one loves it. It also helps that they are so darn cute. They are having a sale for the next few days so it wa $15 cheaper than normal, and I got word it shipped first thing this morning!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee