Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@peaches1038: We've transitioned to the crib and into a woombie instead of sleepsack... so I'm not sure if that's why he's waking more frequently or if its the 12 week growth spurt. Last night, he fell asleep at 7:45, woke and would only be consoled by eating at 11:15, same thing at 3, and again at 6:30. I hate to get him in the habit of eating frequently at night, but am happy to feed him if he's actually hungry.

Hope your sleep issues are just sickness related.

2. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Great idea on the fb group - I just requested

@AggieDaze: sleep for us is a bit up and down - she gets a good morning nap, crappy afternoon nap, non existent 3rd nap and then awake usually til 1130pm - overtired and will fall asleep nursing lying down next to me. then she sleeps til about 6am, has a feed and back down again for an hour or two.

@Finfan: just condoms, like before baby. I can't do hormonal birth control because I end up with horrid migraines.

3. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Great idea! I want to join but I am a hold out and not on FB. Maybe I can convince DW to join!

4. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@AggieDaze: it could be the transition for sure. But really, who knows with these kids
    @wrkbrk: whaaaaaa? No fb?!

5. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@wrkbrk: Hey, DW totally counts as a Nov15 mama!

6. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: Lol true!! She knows all about this board anyway!

@peaches1038: haha no. Don't think it would be good for my addictive personality or for my job (corporate law).

7. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: ahh I'm sure it is much safer that way!! We would love to have your DW join!!

8. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

Wait! Duh - I have IG! Anyone want to be IG buddies? Hahaha.

9. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

So we transitioned LO into her big cot two nights ago, so sad She did well sleeping in the other room, but has trouble settling back to sleep after her early morning feed. Mama is tiiiiired and kinda sad about her not being right next to me in her bassi anymore

10. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: I'll be your buddy!!

11. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@FannyMae: awww, glad to hear she did well! It's a tough transition

12. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@peaches1038: @wrkbrk: I have IG too! Different username but wall me if you want to be buddies.

13. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

Womp womp. Back to work tomorrow, ladies .....

14. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: I go back Tuesday. Booooo!

15. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@AggieDaze: Ugh!!!! Good luck!! Come back and post how it was the first few days!

16. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@FannyMae: Totally understand. I'm dreading moving DS out of his bassinet! We're procrastinating!

17. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: @AggieDaze: awwww, the first day is really the hardest!!! You'll settlements your new normal before you know it! Good luck!!

18. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@AggieDaze: @wrkbrk: Good luck this week! It's hard but it does get easier I promise.

19. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Finfan @peaches1038: I'm so dreading it but mostly this time around (Lo2) I'm dreading the commute, having to figure out the pumping room, taking my computer to IT cus I got locked out during my leave... And just the whole logistics of it all.

@fannymae: we transitioned into the crib about a week or two ago and his sleep has been pretty bad and mostly just inconsistent: Two wake ups between 8 and 6 on a good night but 4-5 on a bad night. I think part of it is just that he's getting older and more wakeful, and moving to an earlier bedtime (he gets to sleep generally around 7:30, but sometimes more like 6:45 or as late as 8) didn't help him sleep any longer so now we just get up more during my sleep time.

20. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: @Finfan: Thank you!! Shooting for no tears!

21. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: I cried buckets with my first. Tears are completely normal and I think any mom, and some dads, at your job will totally get it!

22. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@wrkbrk: good luck hope you get lots of cuddly snuggles when you pick him up.

@peaches1038: @wrkbrk: @AggieDaze: I've been putting of moving her to her own room for a few weeks now, though hubby has been gently guiding me into doing it. She's getting too long for her bassi and I don't want to get to the point that she rolls over. I think the sleep has gone a bit haywire partially because of 3 month growth spurt (boob constantly!) and partly because she can't sense me close by. I'm making up for the seperation by snuggling like crazy in bed together when she wakes for the morning

23. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Back to the paediatrician for us I've suspected a possible dairy intolerance since LO was about 6 weeks, and the symptoms have come and gone over the last 7 weeks or so. Today she did another greeny mucuous with blood poop Rang our paed and he is booked til APRIL, but then rang his main line and he actually answered the phone and booked me in to see him tomorrow afternoon. Looks like it might be elimination diet for me.... I think its chocolate that affects her tummy.

24. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@FannyMae: I hope you get that figured out soon. Poor LO!

25. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Miss Sarah: I requested to join the fb group. I've been super quiet since giving birth, but I've been following along. I'd love to join something a little more private!

26. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Got you on!

27. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@FannyMae: ugh that sounds awful! Not chocolate!! Hope you get it all sorted soon.

@AggieDaze: @wrkbrk: I def cried a TON on my first day back-while eating breakfast, while getting him in the car seat, while driving, while dropping him off, driving to work, walking into work....HOT MESS. But we survived!! Hope your first day back was successful and that you got some smiles this evening!!

@Hoots: yay! See you there 😊

28. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

Happy thoughts to all those just going back to work! I was a complete mess when I went back after LO1, the good thing is all mothers understand and no one judges you for the tears (I've had quite a few ladies duck into my office to cry their first weeks back). This time around I've been back for almost a month now and its been a lot easier but I completely attribute that to a reduced schedule.

29. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@FannyMae: Aww, poor peanut. Hopefully they figure out whats going on soon.

We still haven't moved DD to her room. Since this is most likely my last baby I'm keeping her close for just a little longer. I remember with LO1 my sleep improving a ton once he was in his own space though.

30. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@clover: We haven't moved the baby yet either. I am waiting until she can roll I think. Right now she is a motionless, practically silent sleeper and it would freak me out too much to not be able to see her breathing (our video monitor is not that great). We also started using her room for storage temporarily while we do a project in another part of the house so I have a lot of stuff to get out of there too.

31. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

@Finfan: With a sleeper like that, I definitely understand keeping her close. Is she in a pack 'n play? My DD wiggles all over (even swaddled) but with that I worry she will get herself into a bad position so its nice being able to reach over and reassure myself (plus she's not sleeping through the night).

32. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@clover: She was but she is too heavy for the bassinet part so we moved her crib into our room. Our doors are wide enough that it doesn't need to be unassemble dap that's lucky! She has a cozy little corner.

33. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

Thank you for all the well wishes! Work went FINE yesterday. The anticipation was much worse than actually showing up and working. Plus, naturally, everyone wanted to come into my office and talk about the baby!

I am certain that 90% of the reason I am happy back at work though is because DS will be home with DW until August (she has her parental leave now). Dropping him off at day care the same day I went back would have been terrible for me. He will go when he is 9 months old and she goes back to teaching.

Thinking of the other mamas who return this week!

34. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@clover: @Finfan: DS is in our room still, too. Everyone asks this question and they definitely expect me to say he's moved into the nursery by now but OH WELL. He will likely be our only baby and we like having him in there.

35. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@wrkbrk: great to hear work went well! nice to have a smooth start going back.

we saw our paediatrician today for LO's bloody poops, and he confirmed that he thinks she has a mild dairy allergy. he wants me to keep eating my normal diet (which isn't major on dairy anyway), so that she can get used to having dairy later on. he did say that if it worsens and she has bloody stools more often or is uncomfy then to go back.

LO weighed in at 7 kilograms exactly (15 pounds), at 13 weeks old. He said that he wants me to start her on solids from after 4 months, and to include small amounts of dairy in her solids diet. Here I was thinking ohhhh shes my lil newborn... hello! 7kg! She's almost in crawler nappies!

36. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@FannyMae: Interesting about the dairy! I have wondered what good I'm doing for Claire by eliminating it. I feel like I'm just perpetuating a long-term dairy allergy. Maybe I'll sneak it in in small servings.

To the other mommas, FWIW, Claire is still beside our bed, too. With the reflux, and the recent cold, I just haven't felt comfortable moving her out of my reach yet... We'll get there, when its right for us our babies.

Anyone else's LO obsessed with sucking on their fists? Somtimes, I swear she gets the whole thing in her mouth and chomps on it. That, along with the drooling, really leads me to believe she has begun teething. Oh boy...where has the time gone?!

37. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@Miss Sarah: yep fists are balled up and being sucked on right now. stinky little fingers! I so want to take her out of her cot and bring her right back to my room she falls asleep on me when I'm feeding and I almost dont want to put her down.

I'm guessing that by continuing to eat some dairy and having it pass through my milk it might make her less sensitive for when she eats actualy dairy herself. Her poops aren't normally bloody or green and I have small amounts of dairy daily (butter on my toast, milk in my tea, possibly a small bit of cheese, as well as any milk ingredients in processed foods). Its when I eat a bowl of ice cream or a nice bit of cream cheese that her tummy goes haywire (booo no smoked salmon & philly for me).

38. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@wrkbrk: the anticipation of work was worse than the actual day for me too, though I'm looking forward to working from home today and getting to breastfeed the baby vs pump!

FWIW, we moved baby to this crib in his room a week or so ago - mainly because I was worried his sleep was getting worse because he was waking up from the noises in our room (DH is a loud sleeper). I'm missing him right by my bedside though! However, he was sleeping in the RNP in our room and is such a big boy that he seemed uncomfortable. The crib gives him much more room!

39. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AggieDaze: Awesome! I think we'll try to transition from our room in a couple weeks when I'm on spring break. That way, if there a couple of rough nights, I wouldn't have to get to work in the morning.

40. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Touching base here a this thread has lapsed a bit.. How you ladies doing?

On our end, LO has learnt how to roll in the last few days, so our sleep has gone downhill. Last two days have been going to bed at midnight and up again at 6 am. SO TIRED. Hoping we get some nice long day naps to make up for it, but I've had such a horrid headache that hubby has taken the day off work today to take DD1 out of the house while I try get some rest. Instead, I'm going to try get the house vaccuumed, dusted and sheets changed because my hair is moulting all over the place.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee