Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@CedarMagnolia: oh dear...insert foot in mouth, right? Did you correct her, or just smile and nod?

2. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

JUST-FOR-FUN GENDER PREDICTIONS!

CaterW
    RARA0614 - just found out!
    MrsRcCar
    Narwhal
    Delight
    Deserttransplant
    Daniellealys
    PinkElephant
    Tasha
    LAZB
    Teacherbee
    Dragonsword
    CedarMagnolia
    Goldengirl
    Lattelove
    Kes18
    Norcalwayfarer
    Plainpistachio
    Sandy - already knows
    M4mi
    milag64
    Mrs. Confetti
    Littlebear16

Sooo excited to hear NIPT gender results from those who are choosing to know them! We decided to go with the screening that means we won't find out until about 18-20 weeks, so I'm living vicariously through you guys!

3. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@PinkElephant: haha yep serenely corrected her, then went home and booked a few workouts

4. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@dragonsword: @plainpistachio: @sandy: we are going to Hawaii too! My husband had a work opportunity out there and I am taking the toddler and meeting him out there for a week. We'll be on the northeast side of Oahu, but plan to travel around the island a bit.

5. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@LatteLove: @dragonsword: @plainpistachio: @sandy: Hawaii is where we just got back from! So funny, I guess it's the place to go! We went to Oahu, stayed at Ko Olina, which is on the West side of the island. It was awesome!

6. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@lattelove @lazb @dragonsword November moms party in Hawaii! lol

I've been weekly Googling "Zika in Hawaii". I got a handful of mosquito bites in Hawaii on my honeymoon so I'm bringing the DEET this time for sure!

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Plainpistachio: They didn't seem concerned at all about Zika, but I saw several warnings about Danube Fever (or something like that), which is also carried by mosquitos

8. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Plainpistachio: I LOVE Hawaii. Wish we could swing it before this baby. It's not gonna happen. We will be lucky to get away for the weekend. I used to live in Hawaii miss it like crazy.

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Plainpistachio: Oh man I wish I could join the Hawaii party. I'm so jealous of you ladies!!!!

I've now told some people at work. I work in about 15 different schools so it is impossible to tell everyone. I'll let others figure it out as my belly grows. If I wear maternity shirts I look legit pregnant now, but I'm still covering up with tunics for now. I also started my prenatal yoga class tonight. I loved taking it before. I already feel more relaxed and know I'll have a great sleep tonight!

10. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@Plainpistachio: we're going to Oahu!
    @LAZB: any recommendations on must eat/see places?

how exciting that so many of us have gone/are going to Hawaii, I guess it's almost the only tropical place left to go to that doesn't have the Zika scare. Definitely bringing mosquito repellent.

@delight: Yoga sounds so nice right now, but i just have no energy... hopefully in a few weeks I can jump start some sort of exercise!

11. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: haha I have zero energy too. I almost didn't go but glad I did. I had a break down though during the session when I had to do my introduction. The last time I was in prenatal yoga was when I was pregnant with the little girl I loss with TS and I had to drop out of the class. Being there brought back memories and I ugly sobbed which was embarrassing. Yesterday was also the second passing of her due date so I was already emotional. Ugh. I can't remember are you doing NIPT this time?

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@dragonsword: our favorite is Giovanni's food truck (shrimp) on the north shore, we are there twice this time! We also went to a fun place that you can do for HH or dinner in Waikiki called House Without a Key. It's pricey, but they have live Hawaiian music and a hula dancer, and an awesome view.

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

We made our announcement today! Feels good!

14. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@dragonsword: Make sure you check out the Polynesian Cultural Center. It's out of the way of Waikiki but completely worth the trip. I went a few times when we lived there. Also make sure you get some Shave Ice. There is so much dynamite food on Oahu. Make sure to check plate lunch places for a real taste of Hawaiian.

15. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: I'm sorry to hear about the crying, but sometimes it feels nice to let it out doesn't it? I definitely got emotional while doing yoga during my last pregnancy! I am doing the NIPT and had my blood drawn yesterday. I hope I get the results faster this time around. I'm really really nervous about it and wish i could just fast forward the next two weeks!

16. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: Thanks for the recommendation! And congratulations on the announcement!!
    @MrsRcCar: Thanks for the recommendation! I'm definitely going to be eating shaved ice... i really hope my nausea completely goes away so I can enjoy all the food!

17. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@dragonsword: At the Polynesian cultural center (PCC) is an All Day event! Make sure your ticket is for the show and dinner. The food and show are so cool! My mum seems to think that you get a two day pass when you buy the show one but I can't remember.

18. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: good luck with your results. I felt a huge weight lifted when mine came back. I wasn't worried about TS again, that would be like lightning striking twice, but it's still nice to hear that babe is healthy. My results only took 8 days.

19. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: oh awesome! So nice not to have to hide it anymore eh?!

20. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: it is! We were able to include both of our kids, which was really important to me, so I'm glad that it was well received :). I'm really sorry you had such a tough day yesterday. Anniversaries are so hard, and I'm sure going back to yoga would have been emotional anyway. I did prenatal yoga when pregnant with DS, and couldn't bring myself to go back when pregnant with DD. I should still have a few classes on my account, maybe I'll go this time.

21. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: thanks. I knew I just had to get through the first class and from now on I'll be able to keep it together. I know there will always be triggers and days that still make me break down. I hope you do go to yoga this time. It's so nice to just have a nice, relaxing hour once a week!! Did you announce on FB or just to friends and family?! I am just texting and emailing people this time!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I announced on fb, I had already told my family ages ago, and a lot of friends knew too haha.
    This is what I posted.

23. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@LAZB: that's a really cute announcement!

24. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

everyone's trips to Hawaii sound fun! That sounds so nice right now, except I think I'd like to be not-pregnant so I can down some mai-tais. I have only been once but I would love to go back sometime in the next 5 years! Mmmm mai-tais.

I had my ultrasound yesterday at 10+1. Everything looked good, measured 2 days ahead and heart rate was 183. And I was able to get my NIPT done after all (apparently a rep for the company is offering it to everyone at my OBs for $99 as everyone's insurance does not cover it). So now I have a 2 week wait for (hopefully) good news!

25. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@LAZB: what an adorable anouncement!

26. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: such a cute announcement!
    @kes18: Congrats on the great scan and hb!! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby in two weeks as well?

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@PinkElephant: @kes18: @dragonsword: thank you
    @kes18: glad your us went well! And what a great deal on the testing!

28. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: 💗💗💗💗💗 your announcement! 💗💗💗💗💗
    @kes18: good luck! I am sure all is well.

I had my appointment today. Baby sounded wonderful on the Doppler and I am seeing genetics on Monday to discuss my options for testing. Right now I am waiting for my echo. I am pretty sure I am feeling flutters which is cool. Now just to kick this nausea.

29. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@dragonsword: Yes, I will find out the gender! I suppose over the phone (DH didn't care if I found out and just told him as opposed to an envelope or something).

30. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: big hugs to you Triggers like important dates are so hard. Just being pregnant again is such a trigger - I mean it is so happy and exciting and wonderful, but the whole experience is filled with so many memories that it can be really hard.

31. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@LAZB: I just love this What a wonderful way to incorporate your DS.

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@kes18: I wish we were headed to Hawaii too! Great news on a good ultrasound and beautiful baby photo!!!

33. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: Yay for a good appointment! so cool you are already feeling those flutters! I had a really great day yesterday morning - like I woke up feeling hardly any nausea I was hoping it was subsiding. Nope, it returned later that day and today is rough again. I can't wait to get past this stage!

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: Awwww I was going to ask to see it but I didn't know if you used your faces. I love it so much, it is perfect. And cue my tears....!

@sandy: it's sad that our group has so many of us that have suffered big losses. It is comforting to go through this with all of you. There will always be triggers and I am kinda starting to feel that sometimes it's good for me to let it all out instead of bottling it up. If you don't mind me asking, did you or do you see a therapist at all? I saw one a few times after our loss and I'm beginning to think seeing her again will help me get through the pregnancy. I am super excited for baby and am very happy generally, don't get me wrong, but I still have lots of fears.
    @MrsRcCar: yeah for a great appointment! I have my first Doppler appointment next Tuesday and can't wait to hear that beautiful sound!! I am starting to feel movement too. Not really flutters but more of the heavy, rolling feeling if you know what I mean. Like where I know exactly where baby is hanging out in there.
    @kes18: what a cute little babe you have! Looks perfect! So glad you were able to get the NIPT done. Hope it doesn't take 2 weeks! Mine was only 8 days.

I stopped my progesterone supplements yesterday and had been slowly weaning for a week. . Eeeek. A little nervous but I know the placenta has now taken over. I also feel mildly better so I hope once that extra progesterone is out of my system my nausea will ease up!

35. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: @sandy: @delight: thanks y'all

36. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@LAZB: that's so sweet! Feels good to share, doesn't it? I'm waiting on my next ultrasound Monday and then we'll start sharing outside of a couple close friends and family.

37. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@kes18: beautiful baby! That picture is great!

38. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

We made our announcement yesterday too! We had our screening ultrasound which was incredible! I can't believe there is a little itty bitty human moving around in there. My heart just bursts!!

39. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

This was our announcement photo

40. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@LAZB: I love your announcement!!! What a sweet way to incorporate your angel baby.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee