Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. littlebear16

cherry / 116 posts

@dragonsword: I had a dizzy spell last night while cooking dinner! I think I got too hot. It went away after I sat down and drank some orange juice. Really annoying.

My anatomy scan went well! Will know more at my appointment next Tuesday. Baby was squirming everywhere by the end of the scan. The tech tried to get a 3d image of the face, but the cord was right in the way. What I could see of it looked just like DD! It's a girl!!

2. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@teacherbee: Congrats on the boy!
    @littlebear16: Congrats! Great picture!
    @dragonsword: Congrats on the great scan!
    @CedarMagnolia: congrats on the girl!
    Love all of the pictures!

3. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@Plainpistachio: Yay congrats! I remember you finding out that you were pregnant the same day as me so funny that we're both having boys.

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@littlebear16: congrats on baby girl!! It'll be so fun to have two girls!!

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}

6. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hi Everyone! I've been MIA due to a lot of changes going on in my little world. It looks like I'm having a boy and I'm sooo excited!

Undortunately this is my current situation...
    I had the nipt done at 10-12 wks and it all came back negative, but when I went in for my 20wk sono the dr saw a thickened nuchal fold measuring 8.4 mm. She was very nonchalant about it since my nipt results were all negative, then stated she can refer me to maternal fetal medicine. The sono tech was having trouble measuring the head and even stated baby wasn't cooperating, so I'm hoping it was just a mistake due to that..

Within the same appt I asked about a VBAC, which I was supposed to have an answer to 2 Appts (months) ago. At first the Dr said that I should go in person to retrieve my op records from my last hospital (which I had submitted a request for 3 Appts ago) and that we would do a trial anyway. However, when I got to the front desk the associate received a call from her saying they did have my op notes in my record and I was good for a VBAC. (Yay for VBAC not for the lack of thoroughness by the Doctors).

So now it's a couple days later and I'm thinking I will go see maternal fetal medicine just because I don't trust the doctors at my current practice. And then I should find a new office. Which I was dreading.

But does anyone know anything about having a thick nuchal fold, or have any experience that you would like to share?

Sorry for the long post I'm just so frustrated with this office having had such a great doctor in the past. Anyway, as I scroll through the posts please know I'm rejoicing with everyone's good news and praying really hard with anyone going through any issues.

7. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

I forgot to mention, I felt baby kicks outside my belly for the first time last night! It was right when I was starting to research everything again. So it almost felt like he was telling me to stop worrying. I didn't get to tell DD in time to feel but she's so excited to feel his kicks..lol.

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@M4mi: It's nice to hear from you. I was starting to worry about all the mamas that hadn't been around in awhile. I'm sorry your Anatomy Scan showed a thickened Nuchal fold. It is definitely reassuring that your NIPT results came back clear. My SIL went through the exact same thing as you with her DD at her anatomy scan. Her little girls' Nuchal fold was 7.9 mm. She was so worried. She hadn't done the NIPT so did it then and it came back clear. They just went with the flow and had a perfectly healthy little girl. I know it is hard not to worry. I agree you should go see MFM and at the very least have another scan done.

It's so great you can feel baby from the outside. I have an anterior placenta and am just starting to feel outside kicks. I can't wait until my DD can see and feel the kicks too!

10. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@M4mi: I'm sorry for the added anxiety, but that's so sweet about DD wanting to feel kicks. My 4 year old DD is also obsessed with whether the baby is kicking and getting to feel her. Even my two year old will repeat "Is the baby kicking?".

I just had another growth scan and things look good - still two weeks behind but exactly the right amount of growth for the time elapsed. The MFM doctor admitted she was relieved and that the results were better than she had hoped/expected. Baby girl was entirely bored with the whole thing - they kept catching her yawning on the ultrasound!

11. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Had our anatomy scan last night and definitely confirmed another boy! Have the follow up appt with the OB tomorrow afternoon -- tech said she couldn't discuss anything on the scan but I'm assuming she says that with everyone. Baby is still measuring about a week ahead -- tech said he was really long so I'm anticipating another long baby (DS was 22" at birth and I'm only 5'3").

12. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@M4mi: congrats on the boy! I would def try to find a new dr office, especially if you can't trust the one you're at now. Maybe try to look up reviews of new places?
    @NorCalWayfarer: Congrats on another boy, how sweet! Hope you hear nothing but good news at your followup appointment tomorrow.

Anyone over summer yet? I've only been wearing skirts/dresses and my thighs stick together when I walk... so sexy....

13. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@dragonsword: I'm definitely able to feel swelling in my hips and legs by the end of. The day in this heat -ick! This pregnancy is also treating me to major varicose veins in one leg...it's awful; looks like I had a bad accident of some sort.

14. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

Hello pretty Mamas. Just a quick update I went to MFM and had another sonogram and all appears well. Apparently so far he's measuring over the 80th percentile and it could be just a large baby. He gave this tech a good time as well and I swear I can sorta see his personality shining through already. I honestly can't wait to meet my little fella!

Thank you for your replies btw! I'm glad I got a 2nd look and I'm now hunting for a new Dr.

4 boys due on the 28th?! How cool! Lol

15. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Checking in ladies. I have been slacking on keeping up with the thread.
    I am 25 weeks 1 day today. My boys have been keeping me so busy lately. Well between my boys and this intense pain in my hip I haven't been as active as I like. I am hoping to play Pokemon go all weekend with my DH and boys. However if my hip keeps this up I won't be able to play. 😭 Next week I have very busy week.
    Monday: recovery from the weekend out of town
    Tuesday: E's speech therapy
    Wednesday: MFM ultrasound
    Thursday: out of town GI appointment for N (2 hour drive)
    Friday: OB appointment plus glucose test
    Saturday: chiro appointment (thank goodness)
    Sunday: rest or Pokemon go. 😂😂
    Then my little E is having tubes placed August 2.
    How is everyone doing? Any plans for the weekend?

16. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: I'm glad everything looked good at your last scan!
    @M4mi: so good that you had a positive follow up sonogram!
    @MrsRcCar: I have been slacking at keeping up with our thread too! Just trying to enjoy the summer with DD before we shake things up with another kid in the fall!! You do have a busy week coming up!! I have been playing a lot of Pokemon Go. It is so fun! I haven't had this much exercise in years!

25 weeks for me today! Time is flying! Hope everyone is feeling well.

17. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@M4mi: glad everything turned out okay! Sorry for all of the unnecessary worrying
    @PinkElephant: glad your growth scan went well! that is great!
    @MrsRcCar: it's like 100 here so I am tired of summer! I think we might try to go to the pool but otherwise stay inside I guess. I am feeling kind of achy today so just want to lay down!

18. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@kes18: The hot weather is absolutely slaying me! Thank goodness our neighborhood pool is right across the parking lot or I would never, ever leave the house. I've been swelling like crazy even when I try to drink a lot of water. I would totally just alternate napping and swimming all day if DD would allow it hahaha.

@mrsrccar @delight I need to download Pokemon- DH has it and he has been going on after dinner Pokewalks with DD while I clean up- it seems like a ton of fun and DD loves to get her picture taken with Pokemon.

19. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Hello lovely ladies, how are your weekends going? I have a question - are any of you planning travel over christmas and new years? We will be flying to visit family with a newborn and a dog, and i'm a little nervous!

20. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@CedarMagnolia: Our weekend was pretty busy but I got to rest a lot yesterday. I slept for 13 hours last night. DH took care of everything. I haven't slept that long in ages. I really needed the sleep.
    For the holidays we will be traveling with our two older boys, a newborn and dog for all major holidays. We are seasoned travelers so hopefully one more little guy won't change our plans too much.

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Hi everybody!
    @CedarMagnolia: we won't be traveling anywhere, everyone lives here pretty much, but I wouldn't travel (especially on a plane) with a newborn. I am paranoid about new babies getting sick, and since it will be cold and flu season, I will be especially careful.

22. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@CedarMagnolia: We aren't going anywhere for Christmas- we are the only ones in the immediate family that have little kids so everyone comes to us. My mom and I may try a road trip from Virginia to New Jersey to visit her side of the family around New Year's, but that depends on the little one's temperament.

23. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@CedarMagnolia: We're staying in town for the holidays this year (both of our parents live within 15 minutes of us). We're going down to visit extended family in October with our toddler.

24. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Only 22 weeks and this kid is kicking the crap out of me already! Not sure how he's going to manage to stay confined for another 18-19 weeks Baby#1 was quite active too so it's not unexpected, I just don't remember it being this hard/jostling this early.

25. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@cedarmagnolia I'm old school when it comes to having a baby, I don't believe in taking baby out for at least 45 days unless to a doctor or if necessary someone's house. This year it will be quite different since my hubby is on a deployed and I'll be pierside waiting. When LO1 was 6 months old we did fly and I made sure she was either drinking milk or using a pacifier during take off and landing and arrive to the airport like 3 or 4 hours early to be stress free.. I remember my brother having an issue with formula and bottles with security and missed his flight. (Out of NYC) so maybe take what's necessary on plane and check the rest.. I know you didn't solicit advice but I'm a mom. Sorry. Lol.
    @caterw i remember you said you're from Virginia I just can't remember if you're you in Hampton roads or northern? It would be cool to meet up if you are in HR!

26. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@CedarMagnolia: Newborns are a breeze to travel with so don't worry! Carrier: check, carseat: check, boobs: check, extra clothes for baby and mama (in case of blowout or spit up): check! It's pretty much that easy. And I've never had a problem with TSA and breastmilk -- just tell them you have BM and they should let you through but will swab your hands for explosives residue. We traveled a lot with DS #1

27. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@M4mi: I haven't heard of this! With DS #1 I made a point of going out every day, otherwise I would've gone stir crazy! Luckily we live in CA so although summers were hot they aren't unbearable (DS was born in July) and winters are fairly mild -- no snow -- so I'm hoping to be able to get out lots with DS #2, at least for walks and some coffee dates But if there's anything that's true about motherhood and children in general, it's to each their own!!

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So I debated whether to post this, I don't want to be dramatic, and everyone does get to make their own decisions with their own babies, but just as something to consider, I thought I'd share my story. In January 2014, I had a perfect, healthy, beautiful baby boy. We came home from the hospital, and had friends and family over to visit, but didn't go anywhere ourselves. Everyone was healthy, and we made sure visitors washed their hands when they came in the house. When our son was 10 days old, he started breathing quickly and skipped a feeding, so we brought him to the emergency room. He was admitted, and after many tests it was determined that he had adenovirus, an extremely common virus that usually presents as a cold or pink eye, but can be deadly in newborns. As the days went on, his conditioned worsened, and we were put in level 4 nicu (we were lucky to be in one of the few Hospitals in the US where this was even an option). We spent a month watching our son fight for his life, but he eventually gave in to his illness and passed away at almost six weeks old.
    Yes, newborns are easy to transport, and it was a terrible fluke what happened to us, but don't take lightly how fragile new babies are, and that the common cold can be much more serious for them.

29. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@NorCalWayfarer:
    To each their own is right, I definitely don't judge other parents decisions.. Especially when it doesn't affect me anyway. I'm on the east coast (NY & had lo1 in Va) and my Lo1 was born in December, so even more reason in my mind to stay in. I've heard it since I was little. I'm Dominican so maybe that's where I get it from.. On the flip side, I do very much enjoy seeing new babies when out and about and being the weirdo lady cooing from afar.

30. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@LAZB: I never actually thought anything bad can happen but to be honest I didn't even realize how serious minor infections as such could be. I just figured I was paranoid and old fashioned. I'm sorry you had to deal with such a harrowing experience too, I can't even begin to imagine. Thank you for sharing.. I'd rather be aware than be ignorant to what can possibly happen regardless of how uncommon.

31. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

@delight: Would you add me to 11/26 please ma'am We aren't finding out

32. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@LAZB: Thanks for sharing your story. I can't even imagine what your family has been through. And a good reminder that newborns are fragile and to take your concerns seriously and not to hesitate to seek care.

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: yeah so glad you are here!!!!!! Glad everything is going well oh and is this #3?
    @LAZB: I think it is important for us to read your story. My heart breaks seeing it again, but I'm thankful you told it to our group. Hope you're feeling well these days mama!
    @CedarMagnolia: how are you doing these days? Hope you and your partner are both doing great! I won't be traveling st Christmas but will be going to Florida over March Break. I think I plan to lay a little low over the holiday season as it is always so busy!

I am just about 26 weeks and feeling pretty good! I have my first OB appointment on Thursday. I have been seeing my family doctor for my other monthly check ups. We have a lot of construction going on at our place as we are building a master closet and also a garage. Not too much else going on these days. Just trying to enjoy my summer off with DD who is turning 3 in a few weeks.

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Narwhal - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Mrs. Grizzly Bear - 11/26 {#3}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}

35. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

Coming out of lurking to say hello and to try and catch up a bit - hi everyone!

1. How many weeks? 22 weeks and some days
    2. How are you feeling? Good! Tired but that's because I'm trying to keep two very high activity level toddlers occupied during this summer and let me tell you, heat and humidity are the bane of my existence right now.
    3. Are you feeling movement yet? Yes. I started feeling movement pretty early on - the quickening as I've seen it referred to - at around 14 and 15 weeks. Now I'm definitely getting the kicks and hiccups.
    4. Maternity clothes? Since this is my third, I've been wearing maternity clothes on and off again since around 15 weeks. Shirts I can still fit into most of my medium shirts and dresses just dandy but I've long since given up on my shorts and pants. Everything has support and stretch from here on out.
    5. How's your sleep life? Good. Ish. I have a problem with my hip/sciatic nerve which causes me to go to physical therapy a few times a week. It also means that getting comfortable and staying asleep is harder because of the pain - and that's after we bought a new mattress to help with the discomfort!
    6. Food cravings? Oh gosh, that's been the weirdest thing this time around. It's been thing likes mussels, tacos, blackberry cobbler (yum), fresh peaches and ice cream... Weird stuff that normally I could take or leave. Never had cravings before.
    7. Other fun updates? I've had to put off our anatomy scan twice already - wanted my mother with me since this will be the last babe and she's never been to an ultrasound with me - but my next one is August 1st. Fingers crossed I don't miss this one! Can't wait to see how this feisty one is growing.

36. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@M4mi: We are actually in Central VA... I was born in the 757 though and I miss being so close to the beach!!!

@LAZB: OMG! How terrifying... I'm glad you did actually say something as we might end up holding off a long drive at New Years and visit when baby is a little older instead.

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: Welcome friend!!!

37. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

My ultrasound appointment went wonderful! Oliver is growing wonderfully and looks completely healthy. I feel like I can finally breathe some this pregnancy. I almost cried seeing him on the screen.

38. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: so glad you had such a great appointment!!!
    @Mrs. Grizzly Bear: so happy you have delurked. Welcome to our group!!

39. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

Is anyone else having to do physical therapy? I feel like a unicorn whenever I bring up the fact that I'm having to do PT while pregnant. It doesn't seem odd to me because I had to do PT for all of my pregnancies. Admittedly, this one is worse pain/sensitivity wise which is why I'm going twice a week but still...

40. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: I don't but I wish I did!!! My back and hip pain are getting unbearable. My OB suggested prenatal yoga but that hasn't been helping and there is a limit to how much Tylenol I am willing to take.

Speaking of medical stuff, I just got back from my glucose test. Ugh. Hope I passed because I do NOT want to drink that yucky orange drink again.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee