Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: I'm totally having the NB "give" DD the paw patrol look out!

Had my 38 week appointment and a cervical check. Unfortunately only a "fingertip" dilated but cervix is nice and soft. Doesn't look like anything will happen in the near future. I'm quite content to just ride it out until the end of the month. I'm finally done work and would like to relax. Hope you're all feeling great.

2. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: same here- 38 week check this afternoon. I'm 50% effaced and 1.5 cm.... Exactly the same as last week (even my weight was the same down to the tenth of a pound). I know baby should bake in there for another week to be at totally full term but I am ready to meet her! I've been prepared for weeks. My hospital bag literally had dust on it today.

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I had my 36 week appointment today, and I'm not dilated at all and baby is still pretty high, so hopefully staying in longer. Today is the day my water broke with DD, so midday tomorrow will be the longest I've ever been pregnant! Funny that my third pregnancy will be the longest, guess the progesterone shots did their job!

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: congrats on making it past your longest pregnancy! I can't wait until we start hearing more news of our babies being born!
    @caterw: how are you feeling these days? Not much going on with me, except I have an upset stomach today. Not fun. I'm excited to meet my babe too, but am enjoying relaxing around the house while DD is at daycare.

How is everyone?!

5. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

We are home and doing well! If I can get in front of my laptop later today I'm excited to post updates. 1 week old tomorrow!! It's a bit chaotic here, but we are getting the hang of it!

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: thanks! I'm starting to feel impatient just because I didn't think he'd stay in this long, but I'm really glad he is! How are you feeling?@PinkElephant: can't wait for the update!

7. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@PinkElephant: how has it been one week already?! I'm glad you guys are home and everything is going well, can't wait for more updates!!

I had a 35 week growth scan and check yesterday. Baby girl is 5lb 2oz, so she'll be on target to what my son was born at (around 6.5lbs) if i go full term. I'm happy that they aren't so worried about her weight gain anymore and they have stopped talking about inducing me early. My OB said my cervix is still very tight, so baby might stick around until my due date but he also said that can change at any moment!

I am SOOO over work, I wish i could just take it off, pretty sad because I don't even have to go into the office, i just don't want to deal!

I can't believe its the end of October already, seems so fast, but also still seems far away!

Hope everyone else is hanging in there-- what is helping you guys get over the last few weeks?

8. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: I think i will totally get him a gift from his sister now, he loves opening presents now and telling us what he got and who got it from him. It'll be sweet to see

9. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Still very pregnant here at 38 weeks 2 days. I am the most pregnant I have ever been. At my last appointment on Thursday I was 2cm dialated and 50% thinned. My doctor advised "private personal time" with my husband and lots of walking. 🙈 I am hoping I don't see her next week but this little boy seems determined to bake forever.

10. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: I think I'll get DD a gift from the baby too. Are you going to do your gifts at the hospital or at home?
    @MrsRcCar: you're coming along at 2cm! Better than my "barely a finger tip!" Its great that O is still baking but I can imagine you're ready to meet him.
    @LAZB: I'm feeling great. Almost 39 weeks, I can hardly believe it's almost time to meet baby. I went into labor on my EDD with my DD so I imagine I still have a week or so to go.
    @PinkElephant: ahhhh how is she a week old already?! Would love to hear updates or your birth story!

11. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: i have been having the usual upset stomach and back pain... We had a scare two nights ago when I started bleeding. Luckily baby is doing well but I was super nervous that something had gone wrong since I have never bled during a pregnancy before.

@LAZB: @MrsRcCar: Glad babies are still baking but I really cannot believe they are all still hanging out!

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: what did your doc say about the bleeding? This is the first time I haven't bled in a pregnancy! With my DD I started bleeding at 35 weeks and it didn't stop until I gave birth at 40+1. My doc said it was just my cervix getting ready. It's super scary seeing blood though but this late in the game it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I keep waiting for a bloody show or some sign that something is happening.

13. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: he said the same- my cervix is getting ready and I shouldn't worry about it.... But obviously I keep worrying...

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

We have been working hard at getting the nursery ready. There is still lots of decorating to do but here's a panoramic view of it so far. I'm super happy with the stripes. I take no credit though; it was all DH and MIL.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: that looks great!

16. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: beautiful!!!

17. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@delight lovely nursery!

18. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

Just had my last appointment before my due date!! Just under 3 cm dilated and they were able to strip my membranes so hopefully baby J arrives within the next couple of days!

19. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: this is so cute!!!

20. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: @sandy: @Plainpistachio: @caterw: thanks ladies. Glad it is all coming together!

@caterw: you're doing great! I'm jealous of your 3cm when I had my membranes stripped with DD, I went into labour the next day. Good luck!!

21. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@caterw: eeeeeek!!! Good luck!!! Can't wait for your update!!!

22. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

My awesome girlfriends decorated dd's room as a "baby shower" gift. They did such an awesome job and I'm so lucky to have them in my life!

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@dragonsword: wow, beautiful!

24. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@dragonsword: wow that is a beautiful nursery!!! You have some awesome friends!

25. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@dragonsword: gorgeous! I especially love that throw pillow.

26. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@dragonsword: love it! What a great shower gift! I love the pillow too!

27. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

How are all my mid-late November mamas holding up?? Getting antsy?? My nursery is almost finished, and things are starting to seem real! 37 week checkup today and unfortunately my blood pressure is creeping up, but my blood sugars are thankfully controlled. I'm going to get a urine test and blood work and one more ultrasound, but midwife said today that they might look to early induction if my BP keeps moving up. Yikes! This weekend: One last date night, child birth class, and then fitting the car seat into the car. I can't believe it's already almost mid-November!

28. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@Plainpistachio: Feeling a little antsy over here! 39 weeks tomorrow. We had been feeling the wee one would be overdue (as first baby), but for the last few days the wife has been having regular "hardening" contractions. Not painful or close together, but consistent. So now we feel more on tenterhooks! Don't know if it's a sign of anything or not.

I don't think there'll be a moment when we feel fully "ready", but just trying to take it all one step at a time and not freak out! Anyone else feeling like any day could be the day?

29. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@Plainpistachio: Seeing all these new babies is definitely making me antsy! haha. Congrats to everyone!!! I hope your BP drops back down to normal quickly.

My nursery has been done for a few months now (early nester I guess haha), hospital bags are packed, and the car seat is installed but still have a few sewing and house projects that I need to finish up. I'm waiting for that last-minute nesting instinct to strike and give me enough energy to finish them!

Feeling good, but still getting lots of near-constant yet painless BH and menstrual-like cramping. Lost my mucus plug yesterday (TMI sorry!) but no contractions or anything. I don't love not knowing what to expect as a FTM so i'm definitely overanalyzing every little thing haha.

30. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@LAZB: @PinkElephant: @caterw: @delight: thanks all, i really do love it and feel so lucky to have friends that are great designers!

I'm 39 weeks on Saturday and today i wiped after i went and had a thicker discharge/mucous?? It wasn't bloody though, so I'm not sure if its was my mucous plug, just a bit of it or normal discharge. Nothing after that since, I started feeling contractions that hurt, but that stopped too! ugh.. I really hope I go in the next day or two!

@teacherbee: I went into labor the day after i lost my mucous plug the first time! My mom said that that's what happened to her in every pregnancy and it happened to me too.

@Plainpistachio: hope you get your one last date night and have fun!!

31. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@teacherbee: "Feeling good, but still getting lots of near-constant yet painless BH and menstrual-like cramping" - this is exactly my wife right now, and @Goldengirl: I think you were feeling this too? Seems like us first-timers are all in a similar place!

Looking forward to hearing more good news from everyone. This is so exciting!!!

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I'm still hanging out at 37 weeks over here! My csection is in 2 weeks (11/22 at 8am) and I'm really hoping baby doesn't decide to arrive early. I need those last 2 weeks! My OB did an exam at my 36 week appointment and I'm 1cm dilated but other than that I don't have any labor signs. I have one last ultrasound and one last OB appointment before baby is here. They're guessing he's almost 6lbs and will be 7-7.5lbs full term. We'll see - my other two babies were pretty big (8lbs8oz at 40w2d and 7lb5oz at 37w)

I packed 90% of my hospital bag the other day but I'm feeling unsettled about leaving DD1 even though we've left her with grandparents before for trips and stuff. I don't know why I feel so unsettled about it - I think maybe bc I know I won't be able to do much with/for her when I come home bc I'll be recovering from the csection...and caring for a newborn.

33. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

@dragonsword: That's promising to hear then! I woke up to back/side pain that's new. Kind of like when you get a stitch in your side from running? I had my prenatal check-up this afternoon and everything is good. OB says these could be early contractions which may increase in frequency (in which case start timing them) or go away on their own. He said either is normal for 38 weeks so still playing the waiting game. They don't start doing cervical checks until 39 weeks so I don't know how dilated/effaced I am.

@CedarMagnolia: Seems like it! Definitely exciting.

@sandy: Fingers crossed that he stays in for another 2 weeks! How old is your DD?

34. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

I had an appt today and i'm only 1/2cm dilated lol. The doctor however did say that he's seen hundreds and hundreds of cases where there was no dilation at all and he'd see the patient the same day and they were in labor! If i don't go on my own over the weekend, I'm scheduled for an induction on Wednesday. We don't have much family around here so it'll be easier for us and our LO instead of waiting around any longer! Fingers cross for all of you who are feeling some sort of symptom! Lets go Nov babies!

35. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Plainpistachio: So.Done. Incredibly uncomfortable. C-section scheduled for December 1 but would not complain if he came anytime in the next three weeks.

36. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@teacherbee: I've been getting that too except I had one continual giant painful contraction for about 24 hours earlier this week. It's since subsided to more of the "running cramp" type pain mostly when I'm standing. Getting a maternity support belt so I'm hoping that will help. Otherwise, just trying to stay hydrated!

37. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

How's everyone doing? I've been having lots of cramping and pelvic pressure the past week. I had my 39 week appointment today and they did a cervical check and he said that the baby's head was so low that he could feel it and it was in front of the cervix. Unfortunately no dilating or anything. I'm a little disappointed because I thought for sure things were happening down there lol. Trying to be patient, but failing because i'm so excited!

38. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Would anyone be interested in a facebook group? I have enjoyed it previously with my other birth groups.

39. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

11 days left until the due date and I'm having an "I can't even" kind of day. Luckily my blood pressure and blood sugars have both stabilized. But I have zero signs of impending labor. No dilation, baby hasn't dropped, I don't even get BH! I'm quite surprised by the roller coaster of emotions at the end. One minute I'm content and doing great, the next I'm anxious and wondering how everything will go down! Oh and I turn 30 on Saturday and I can't even figure out what I want to do because everything I want involves carbs, sugar, and booze! lol. First world probs. I'll survive. Reading all your announcements and updates make me feel better.

@MrsRcCar: I'd be interested if others are!
    @teacherbee: yay for a dropped baby! I feel you on lack of patience, haha.
    @norcalwayfarer I'm convinced this guy is saving his arrival for Decemeber too...

40. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@MrsRcCar: I would do one!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee