Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Frustrating. Just when you feel like you can start to worry less....

I have my first appointment with my regular doctor on Friday as well. I'll be 13 weeks (12.6 based on my last ultrasound). I'm excited to hear the heartbeat. Very. If everything looks good I will start thinking about going for a vbac or a repeat c-section. I have been putting off thinking about it until I felt more confident that I would get to the delivery stage. If I go with a vbac I will need to switch doctors as some point so I would want to make the switch earlier in the pregnancy. We'll see what kind of candidate for the vbac I actually am vs. what I decided I am based on Dr. goggle

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: I don't think I will ever worry less.
    Good luck at your appt and figuring out a repeat c-section or VBAC

3. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I hope the spotting isn't too stressful. I know how scary that is.

As for me, my appt is today so I am excited! Except I have to bring my 2yo. I've been doing pretty good with nausea but yesterday was such a horrible horrible day, starting with dry heaving and throwing up stomach acid and ending with a terrible headache that kept waking me up during the night. A little better today but my nausea is definitely worse that it's been.

Random thought, about a week ago, I switched from cutting my 100mg B6 into quarters and just started doing half (am/pm). The pill is a little small to cut nicely into 4, and it's much easier to only take twice a day. Do you think after a week this change could start making me so sick?

4. helloperidot

cherry / 236 posts

@smarkybiochemist Fingers crossed for you, although it's reassuring that your doc isn't too concerned! I hope Friday comes quick and everything is great.

@mrsbubbletea No advice but I hope your nausea gets better soon. Mine has been awful for weeks and they finally gave me a script for it...hoping for some relief in the next couple of weeks!

I had my reassurance ultrasound today and everything looks great! At first baby was measuring small but it turns out I had a brand new technician and she was sort of confused by the placement because baby was partially hiding behind the placenta. One of the older nurses came in and helped her get a better measurement...perfectly on track at 10 weeks! I got to see the strong heartbeat and baby moving their arms and "waving" too, which was amazing.

I go in on Friday for the cell-free fetal DNA testing. My nausea has been off the charts so I'm hoping that'll ease up in the next couple of weeks. I've also lost a pound-- I know this isn't something I should be complaining about but by this point with my daughter I'd already gained 25lbs (ooops, donuts), so...it's just different.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: super stressful
    @helloperidot: thanks I just need the next few days to fly and get good news on Friday. Your ultrasound news is good, so exciting to see them moving.

6. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hello all, just catching up here as I have barely been online for the past few weeks. Glad to see so many new ladies and happy news here. I have my genetic screening appointment tomorrow and will get the blood test, so excited to start telling people my news in a week if everything looks normal!

@MsMini: "my son's fifth birthday party..." I read that and my first thought was OMG I can't stand planning one party, how awful to plan 5! Then it clicked

7. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Someone needs to put up a due date list!

8. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

You guys. I thought I was turning a corner with the nausea/exhaustion after having a couple "good" days. But nope...it's still here. I experienced that magical second tri bliss in all my previous pregnancies, so I'm hoping this one is no different. Im just over 12 weeks and I'm so ready for a break!

9. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Ugh, my husband and I got a stomach flu or food poisoning last night. We were both up puking the entire night. I thought I was gonna have to go to get fluids but then I finally kept down some water. What a nightmare! And of course I had my appt yesterday so I feel worried about the baby since my next appt isn't for 6 weeks!

10. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@Shopoholicmom: Same. I had two good days and thought it was over but today I feel awful.

11. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@SugarMaple: @snarkybiochemist: good luck at your appointments today!

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: thanks heard the heartbeat on Doppler 168

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

So my days of being a normal pregnant lady are over, I am officially considered high risk. I will have growth ultrasounds every 4 weeks starting at 20 weeks and NSTs every 2 weeks starting at 32 weeks. It all seems super daunting right now when my doctor laid out the schedule of stuff. I have to schedule an NT ultrasound in the next few weeks and then I see the doctor again May 24th.

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: On no, why are you now considered high risk?

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I conceived with ART and my BMI is over 30

16. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That's surprising. I thought they usually only considered IVF "ART".

17. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Apparently not the practice I go to

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Well at least you'll have lots of opportunities to see the baby and the NSTs give you a chance to lay down for a while, haha.

I was not high risk but I had the same schedule due to an anterior placenta and literally never being able to feel the baby.

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I know it happens for a lot of reasons, it is just really intense to be handed that schedule at your first visit.

20. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: How was your appt?

21. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: sorry to hear your schedule sounds daunting. I feel kind of like the entire pregnancy feels daunting to me. It's weird, when one wanted to be pregnant so badly, but one feels like crap... guilty for not liking being being pregnant. I miss wine, beer, enjoying food, not having a bloated tummy all the time. I just think in a few weeks when I am solidly into the second trimester and my bump is showing, I'll feel so much better! I hope. Anyways, kinda venting.

22. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I was high risk with both of my pregnancies. Especially with DS I had NSTs and BPPs once a week (3-4 days apart) from 28 weeks until delivery at 38 weeks. It does feel like a lot looking forward to it, but I promise st the time it doesn't feel as bad. There is a lot of comfort in seeing baby often especially towards the end.

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: exactly I feel bad about feeling bad and everything you mentioned. I can't wait for the promised second trimester and I hope it's as nice as everyone says.
    @MsMini: I'm sure I will enjoy seeing the baby so much. It was just really overwhelming to be handed a paper laying it all out.

24. Lucy_goosey

pea / 15 posts

Hi guys sorry I have been MIA the last few weeks! Having a one year old and a two year old things get crazy at times 😊

Finally had my first doctors appointment due date is 11/11 💕

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Lucy_goosey: Hi baby! yay for having an official due date

26. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sorry to hear that you are high-risk, I would be let down too if I went to an appointment thinking the visits were going to be lightening up and then told otherwise. It will be nice to see your little one often though!!

My appointment went good. I heard the heartbeat (159) and I am starting to feel better. Only a couple days until I hit my 2nd trimester

27. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Lucy_goosey: yay!

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: Thanks I am doing better with the idea now and hope everything goes smoothly
    Yay for feeling better and a good heartbeat

29. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I will try to go through the thread and post a due date roundup soon!

We are having our FTS today, can't wait to see Blerb today (my DS wants to call the nugget Blerb so that's what it is for now LOL)

My BP is starting to be wonky already. I had PIH with both prior pregnancies so I am afraid that I am down that road again 😢. Hopefully it's not as bad as it was with DS.

Also ... DH and I had a heck of a time with names with our previous LOs but an off the cuff chat the other night later and we might have a first name set!

@Lucy_goosey: aw! Love seeing those little gummy bear looking babies!

@snarkybiochemist: I'm glad you are doing better with the idea of all the high risk appointments!

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: I was just overwhelmed getting all of that information at once

31. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Yes, please do a due date round-up! I'm lost!

Also; what's PIH if you don't mind me asking?

32. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@SugarMaple: PIH = Pregnancy-induced hypertension

@MsMini: Fx that BP stays down!

13 weeks today! Went in for another listen of the heartbeat, which sounded great. I "graduated" myself to 4 week appointments but there's a good chance my anxiety may have me in there before then.

33. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Alright! I scanned through and I *think* I have the due date roundup sorted out! Let me know if I missed someone or got something wrong!

ProperPie - November 2
    SugarMaple - November 3
    JenniBenni - November 4
    MsMini - November 9
    Chenergized - November 11
    LibbyLou - November 14
    MrsMontana - November 16
    Lucy_Goosey - November 16
    Bea - November 17
    SnarkyBiochemist - November 21
    MrsBubbleTea - November 23
    HelloPeridot - November 23
    Annette - November 24
    MomBrarian - November 25
    Gardenfloral - November 29
    Hoots - November 29
    Tramdoof - December 2

34. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

We had our FTS yesterday! Baby looks great and is pretty active (less than DS was at the FTS and more than DD was!) our adjusted risk of trisomies is quite low for my age so we are happy with that! We are going to pubically announce soon! Excited to be out in the open soon. I got some cute shirts for my kiddos to take an announcement photo for as soon as we get a chance! Still feeling nauseated but I am not quite as tired these days which is good! I am going to start a "hump day bump day" roundup in the bump pictures thread that has almost nothing in it! Hope I get some joiners there!

35. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Happy you got good news! Thank you for making the due date list, November is going to be a busy month for babies!!

36. Lucy_goosey

pea / 15 posts

@MsMini: Hi! Thank you for the list. My due date got moved to 11/11

37. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@MsMini: thanks! I'm Nov 7

38. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@MsMini: My due date got changed to 11/11, thanks for putting this together!

39. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@MsMini: Thanks for the list! I'm 11/16. So exciting to be close to going public!

We got great news from our cfDNA (blood test for chromosomal abnormalities) that all is well so we will start telling people soon too.

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: exciting! Things are getting real. Thanks so much for the due date list

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee