Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Just popped back on to update! I saw MFM on Wednesday- they measured the ventricles as 30% smaller than our local ultrasound clinic so all good! Baby is looking big, but perfect. Estimated weight is 4 lbs 7 ounces at 32 weeks so might be big baby like it's sister (who was 10 lbs at birth).

I had a scary prem labour scare earlier this week. 2 hours of painful contractions every 5-10 minutes. We were actually on the road driving between my hometown and back to where we live now which is a 3 hour trip. We made it home and luckily it stopped with lots of water and rest. Since then my belly has dropped and I have a ton of pelvic pressure though. This baby is sure not going to make this pregnancy easy on me.

2. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@MsMini: glad you're feeling better!

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: sounds like great news but sorry baby is being a pain with preterm labor and pelvic pressure

4. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: thanks for the update! Sorry about the preterm labor scare.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

GAH my baby's feet are planted up against my ribs which causes a not so fun burning sensation that can only be relieved by laying down on my side, something I cannot do at work when I am expected to sit in a chair or be standing.

6. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: ugh so uncomfortable!

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: its like babies want to start early in making us crazy

8. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: how are you?

9. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I'm doing ok. The constant pressure is brutal. I am tired, I can't stand for more than about 30 minutes which is making doing my job (NICU nurse) incredibly difficult. Luckily no more than occasional contractions since our drive home. I don't want to be off of work yet, but I have to consider myself and baby, as well as how unsafe it could make things if I go into prem labour at work. I work in a very small NICU with just 3 nurses on shift at a time so you can't just leave. We don't even get real breaks. I don't ever want to be a liability.

10. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: that is so tough! I never thought about the pressure of working on such a small unit! There's a chance if something happened to me at my work, I could leave them in a lurch but we use 8-9 nurses and have a team support nurse plus a charge, so it's a whole different ball game! Good luck weighing your options

11. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Waiting for my growth ultrasound. I already got my dtap and flu shot yesterday after my ob appt! Feels early this time. I am 31 weeks today. I have to go for every 2 weeks BP checks from now on too! It's getting real!

12. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@mrsbubbletea: 31 weeks, whoo! I'm almost 33 weeks - can't believe it. Baby girl reminds me that it's real every time she pushes against my ribs or my sides. Yes, baby - you're in there, haha.

With a November baby, anyone feeling extra vigilant about keeping friends and family who haven't had a dtap shot at bay, until their baby gets vaccinated? Just had a conversation w/ a co-worker who had her baby in February, and she didn't let anyone hold her baby unless they were vaccinated for the first 6 weeks.

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I just had my first NST and my doc ordered that my fluid gets checked at every visit so I will get to see my girl every week. She behaved well and had a nice reactive NST. They had me book a NST every week from now until my due date, its getting real now.
    We have cleaned out both our bedroom for the pack-n-play to go for the first few months and the nursery. Next weekend will be painting (for my husband) and then getting the nursery ready.

14. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@chenergized: My DD was a November baby who was also born with a heart defect. Until Cardiology cleared us we absolutely were firm in no access to anyone who didn't have current DTAP and flu vaccines. It ruffled a LOT of feathers (especially with an anti-vaxxer in the family)

@snarkybiochemist: Things really start to get real near the end! It's so exciting!

15. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@snarkybiochemist: super exciting! yay

We had our hospital tour last night. It's feeling super real!!

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: @chenergized: super exciting super real and for this first time mom super terrifying
    my current freak-outs on top of the usual how will i know what to do do type stuff, include should we tell people about the name we picked, not enough has been bought off my baby registries (yes total first world problem), and how am i going to function for 8 more weeks of rib pain and weird sleep and peeing every hour

17. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Eek to pre-term labor! I'm glad you were able to get it under control.

They say misery loves company and I am somewhat relived I am not the only one so uncomfortable these days. The kicks are strong and painful! I try to remind myself that is exactly what I want, but it's tough sometimes. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and exactly one month away from delivery day. Not that I'm counting

Does everybody have a name or a short list ready to go? We are still struggling with making even a short list. Can I steal one of you baby girl names please?!

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: so jealous of 35 weeks, it sounds so much closer then 32
    as for names we have one but i'm not ready to share it with the world (our biggest point of contention at the moment) but I'll share our short list, emma charlotte, madeline, nora, josephine

19. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

So team green but boy or girl this baby will be Spencer Cameron.

20. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: @snarkybiochemist: I love all those names! Madeline is one of my husband's current favorites and I like it too.

21. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@snarkybiochemist: totally feel you, girl. first timer over here too, and I'm worried that I won't know how to do anything for baby girl. We also have a ton of things to get ready and it feels like this last stretch is lasting forever, yet also I'm running out of time. I also have to prep my long-term sub plans for my maternity leave and we haven't found a sub yet. I feel a bit of urgency because my husband has this gut feeling that baby is going to come early.

@SugarMaple: it was tough, but we finally settled on a name, Eleanor. we also liked Charlotte, Madison and Madeline

22. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@MsMini: super cute!

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@chenergized: 7 weeks seems like both so much time and not enough time. Good luck prepping a long term sub, I think I have coverage for all of my duties, but I know stuff will fall to the wayside for 3 months

24. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Over 34 weeks here and feeling mostly ready! Just ordered a new pump through my insurance and some lounging wear for hospital/after baby. Most of the baby clothes have been washed. I still have plans to get some freezer meals made. And I'd love to deep clean the house but my energy level probably won't allow that

25. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Shopoholicmom: I want to buy some nice lounge wear, good one! I also sooo want to deep clean and declutter my whole house. But just barely getting by with the usual daily chores at this point. My birthday is two weeks before my due date, I might treat myself to my first ever cleaning service! Or maybe see if my mom asks me if there is anything I want for my bday

@chenergized: I love Eleanor! And yay hospital tour!

@MsMini: very cute! I was trying to see if my husband and I both liked any names that would work for either gender. We've had had no luck so far, need to get down to business on name ideas!

@snarkybiochemist: I love Nora and Josephine. Josephine is the only name my husband and I have even come close to both considering so far!
    @SugarMaple: I am only 32 weeks but yes. So so uncomfortable! The movement and kicks have just started getting uncomfortable too, I had a class the last two days at work, and so much sitting had me wiggling around in the chair trying to find a decent position where I wasn't getting jabbed in the ribs!

26. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Well, this baby continues to insist on giving me a run for my money. Currently hanging out in LDR being assessed for headache, seeing stars and a high BP at home. I had PIH with my other 2 so hoping we can just start meds and I can go home.

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: goodness you are not having an easy time. I hope they are able to get you meds and calm everything down.

28. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: keep us updated!

29. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I ended up in LDR for 3 hours watching baby and my BP, eventually then let me go home after doing a bunch of bloodwork. I will follow with my OB tomorrow. I am on nights tonight but I think it's fairly safe to say this is my last shift.

30. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Well ... this Momma is officially off work until November 1 2018 😱

31. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: wow! That's great! Must feel weird

32. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Whoa! It's getting real!!

33. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

The Canadian mat leave program is definitely nice! It's weird to know I won't be back for over a year (I will be on disability until baby is born then start mat leave). DH and I are actually considering extending my leave until January 2019 so I get an extra set of holidays off so I could end up for 15 months total which seems like forever. It was weird going in to clean out my locker when I dropped off my sick note.

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

2nd growth ultrasound down, she is estimated 5lbs5oz, so right at average. Still head down and looking good. My husband came with me and got to see her again.
    @MsMini: how are you doing? Is baby cooperating?

35. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That's nice you're husband got to come. I feel like it helps them to feel connected to see the ultrasound like that. We can't help but feel connected with the baby kicking our ribs and snuggling our bladder every 5 min.

I decided on my official maternity leave date! Last day of work will be October 27!

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: He hasn't been with me since our anatomy ultrasound at 19 weeks, she has grown so much since then.
    Only 2.5 more weeks of work!

37. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

My BP is holding at the low end of PIH range, so no meds yet. I can definitely tell the symptoms are setting in. I am exhausted and starting to puff up a bit. We have maternity pics tonight and I am glad we are doing them now before I really blow up like a balloon!

@snarkybiochemist: that's a great size for your gestation!

@mrsbubbletea: yay for the end of work countdown!

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: thanks
    glad your body seems to be cooperating at the moment

39. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Anyone else having the joys of intense, stabbing cervix pain when they are up and walking? This is a new one for this pregnancy and I can't say I appreciate it 😂

40. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: not yet! But the last few nights I can barely sleep because my pelvis feels like it's splitting apart when I lie on my side 😭

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee