Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Anyone doing anything like eating dates, drinking raspberry tea, or taking evening primrose oil?

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I keep hearing about these things but don't know enough to decide if I actually want to implement them into my life.

3. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@mrsbubbletea: my symphysis pubis is definitely separated. It happened last time as well! I am just being REALLY cautious about rolling/sitting etc with my knees together and standing slowly and it's helping a lot. I have also been belly wrapping when I am home with an extra pass around my hips for support.

4. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Anyone else into packing your hospital bag yet? My OB suggested that he thinks this baby has s good chance of appearing before my booked section date 😱 Baby bag is packed and I have started putting my stuff together!

5. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: Hmm i wonder if using my ring sling for belly support might help? I don't have any wraps. Maybe I should get a wrap!!! I have a tula, baby hawk mei tai, and ring sling...

6. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I am not convinced, but at the same time I don't think they would hurt! I have heard the date one has truly been proven effective.

7. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: eek! No I haven't packed, we are so totally unprepared in general, but I am only 34 weeks.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I've heard the most about the dates as well but still not sure. It makes me laugh because I ate pineapple for 5 days straight after my IUI to help with implantation and yet I'm waffling about eating dates in the days/weeks leading up to delivery. Maybe its b/c the dates are for so much longer
    @MsMini: haven't packed but also at 34 weeks, my plan is to get started after we get home from my MIL this weekend since I plan on using the same bag

9. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

I'll be 37 weeks next week so I'm planning to get started on my bag this weekend. I'm not super hopeful that I'll go early but it'll be nice to be prepared! A girl can dream

10. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Shopoholicmom: Right? My son was born on my due date and I assume Ill go either later or on my due date. But I still have a hope maybe a week or two earlier!

11. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

@mrsbubbletea: my first was born the day before his due date and my second was one week before. I'm hoping to keep up the trend but I know that every pregnancy/labor is different.

12. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

I am 36 weeks now, but my OB had a talk with me about what to do if I go into labour early (since I am a repeat section) and on my growth check today the cervix is looking a bit shorter than it was previously. I will post my baby bag and my bag contents once they are packed in case it helps (3rd time around so I think I have the bag contents set now!)

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MsMini: Please post your bags, this first time mama is trying to figure it all out

14. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Baby bag (team green) - Packed for 3 days (though I only stayed for 2 days after each of my previous sections):
    - 6 outfits (2 per day) with socks (forgot to take them out of the bag for the picture)
    - 3 neutral swaddles
    - 1 each pink and blue swaddle
    - Baby wipes (my hospital provides scratchy dry ones that I hate) no diapers (they provide a couple packs of newborn Huggies)
    - My preferred soothers
    - 3 hats and 1 cute girly headband
    - Cetaphil baby wash and oil, brush and honest diaper balm (I don't like the hospital provided stuff
    - photo prop blanket and cards

15. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MsMini: Looks great! I packed our diaper bag, but will be redoing since I found such cute stuff shopping yesterday and bought more newborn clothes. I might start getting mine and my son's ready (he is going to stay with my parents).

I have a feeling we will start seeing baby arrivals soon on this board!

16. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

Well, this is reminding me I should start thinking about what to pack and get the infant car seat out and installed! I’m 36 weeks and I definitely don’t think baby will come early but you never know.

17. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

I have a bag semi-packed but it is not this comprehensive! I have a little shirt that matches big sibs' shirts, a hat and a headband, and a blanket for baby. I stayed 3-4 days after my previous C sections but never put the baby in clothes until we went home, just wrapped in blanket as we did frequent or constant skin to skin. For me, I still need to throw in: toothbrush, comb, phone charger and extension cord, camera, kindle, 2 pairs of lounge pants, sweatshirt and ugly post delivery undies. I'm 35 weeks and have a CS scheduled at 39, expect to go early but you never know. We are in the home stretch, ladies!

18. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

I just packed my bag yesterday; 36 weeks today. I still have a few more things that I need to pack (toiletries, nursing bras, flip flops), and my husband is handling the electronics. For myself, I packed a robe, towel, going home outfit (maternity dress & cardigan), slipper socks, and a pair of regular socks. I might throw in a nursing tank and button down, but I don't want to overpack. For my husband, I packed a pair of sweats, basketball shorts, extra t-shirt, a hoodie, and flip flops.

As for baby, I packed 3 sleepers (diff sizes, in case she can't fit into the newborn sizes), 2 swaddles, a hat, a pair of baby mitts, and a nursing cover/car seat cover. Not sure if the nursing cover will be necessary, but I threw it in there anyway. Any ideas? FTM here, so I'm feeling pretty clueless..

19. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@chenergized: I packed two swaddles with my first and wished I’d brought at least one more. I liked them better than the striped hospital ones but they both ended up getting poop on them pretty quickly so then we were stuck with the hospital ones. Our own just seemed so much nicer for visitors and photos!

20. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@Jennibenni: thanks for the suggestion!! I'll throw in another swaddle, just in case..

21. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@chenergized: I know you are probably planning on a vaginal delivery, but I always suggest people pack for 3 days. You never know if something happens where you end up staying longer (c-section, baby gets jaundiced) and I don't trust my hubby to pick the "right stuff" for me!

22. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Alright! I got my hospital bag packed today - here's what I take along:
    - 3 "breastfeeding uniform" outfits (supportive nursing tank, leggings with kimono/flowy cardigan
    - 3 sets of nursing PJs
    - 1 robe
    - 1 pair of slip on slippers (not shown - going shopping today)
    - I pair of cozy knit style slippers
    - light support belly band and heavier support belly band
    - my favourite bamboobies breast pads
    - one box of good pads (hospital pads are SO think it's like sitting on a mattress)
    - bag with phone charger, Apple Watch charger, SD card adapter for my iPad, ear phones, eye drops and lip gloss
    - blow dryer, straightener and brushes
    - toiletry bag with shower supplies, makeup, etc
    - glasses for during the c-section
    - not in the picture: 6 pairs of black boy short style underwear and my favourite pillow from my bed. Also a blanket scarf.
    - I will also have my DSLR, 50mm lens, off camera flash etc there in my diaper bag to take brand new baby pics! I edit on my iPad since I have PS express on there.

23. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Just some notes on other things you might/might not want to pack:
    - a nursing pillow: our hospital provided ones are awesome, but I know this isn't the case everywhere
    -nipple cream: our hospital provides lansinoh lanolin and I'm good with that. I don't use it much though from past experience
    - nursing cover: I don't use one in the hospital. Brand new babies are harder to latch and I find it a PITA. I use one in public later though - in the hospital I just kick out people I don't want seeing my boobs 😉

24. chenergized

olive / 55 posts

@MsMini: gotcha! Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to go home and reevaluate what I've packed..

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Thank you everyone for posting their bags and packing lists. I have been combing the internet for suggestions, in some respects I will have to wait until my hospital tour on the 28th to see what all they provide to finalize things.

26. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Our hospital provided soooo much - blankets, hats, diapers, nursing supplies like pump parts, nipple cream, nipple cooling pads, sanitary pads, soap, toothbrush, comb. There are plenty of reasons not to like all of this stuff but I was too cheap not to use most of it, and it will get thrown out when you leave if the nurses open a package for you but don't use it all (the huge pads for example) so even though they're uncomfortable, I just used those and took them home. One issue for us was that the internet service was not great, I had planned to stream movies but wasn't able to and I wished I had downloaded more to my devices. Make sure you bring an extension cord as your phone charger may not reach the bed and you'll want to take and send lots of pics of your sweet baby!

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Thanks for all the thoughts, I will also be too cheap to not use the hospital stuff. I was planning on bringing our portable charger along with an extension cord, and if all else fails I can use my phone as a hotspot and I get decent cell service in the hospital.

28. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

I need to pack my bag and do about a million other things! 35 weeks today, had my appt with the gbs swab and ultrasound. She wanted to make sure baby’s size still looks good, and baby is measuring about 6 lbs and change already! My next appt at 37 will be with a different doctor, so I told my doctor I hope not to see her again lol. She doesn’t do deliveries, but I will have an appt at 39 weeks with her In all likliehood.

29. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

More baby prep stuff! I don’t think we have had a share your nursery chat! I finally got ours all organized from being the catch all storage area since we moved DD out over the summer! No changes for this baby. It’s pretty similar to when I first decorated it for my DS 5 1/2 years ago!

30. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

And here is how we set up in our bedroom for baby this time around. DS stayed in our room for 4 months, and DD stayed in our room for 2 months. The cradle will move to alongside the bed when baby is in there but I kept stubbing my toe on it! All the babies in my family for the last 35 years have slept in that cradle.

31. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

Another prep question, is anyone else manually expressing to store colostrum prior to birth? I didn’t with my first 2 but since both my kids has hypoglycaemia and I have gestational again I have decided to do it this time. I just started today (37 weeks) and I will express 2-3 times per day until delivery. We will see how it goes!

32. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: I never really hear about doing this, but its probably a good idea, especially in your particular case! I am too squeamish to do that for some reason. Its odd since I nursed my son for so long, pretty recently, but I feel very strange about my nipples/boobs right now, maybe since they were so sensitive for so long in the early part of pregnancy. Like when I shower, I feel nervous to look down and check if they are leaking at all (they aren't yet). Cant believe I am going to start another nursing journey with this new LO!

33. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@mrsbubbletea: honestly, it’s a lot of work for not a lot of milk LOL. I got 1 ml total yesterday 😂. It’s something though, both my kids got colostrum/were breastfed for their first feed but required formula top ups to avoid starting IVs on them to manage blood sugars. I am going to keep up with it until baby is born but I also won’t be too disappointed if this LO needs formula top-ups too. I have formula samples galore at home LOL.

34. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

I am officially freaking out. I cannot believe the time is almost here, but baby is scheduled to be born Friday morning. Am I ready for a newborn? I am so excited, but cannot help thinking of all the really hard things about the first couples weeks. With my first is was hours of crying, latching issues, no sleep, hormones, and the sad realization that I do not return to pre-pregnancy size 1 week postpartum. I am having major guilt for all the changes my three year old is going to experience too. Luckily, I am working until Friday, so I can be somewhat distracted. But oh boy, I am a MESS!!!!
    I just want to nap and browse hellobee all day. Oh, and pick a name. We still can't agree...

35. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@MsMini: A girlfriend expressed colostrum with her 3rd recently for a couple of weeks before delivery and she said she was eventually getting 5-7 oz each time! Unbelievable!

@SugarMaple: Wow so exciting! I'm at the 2 week mark and am just now moving past the "I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore" phase to the "holy crap I can't believe I'm really doing this again" phase! We also need to nail down a name... last time we decided in the hospital and I didn't like that, would much rather be ready ahead of time.

36. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@shellio: that’s a ton! I am only getting ~1ml/day right now. I still have a week to go so maybe it will increase but even if not I have a bit for just in case we are hypoglycaemic off the bat. I hand express for ~5 minutes 1-3 times per day do it’s not too much of a time commitment.

@SugarMaple: good luck on Friday! It’s always weird kind of knowing what you are getting into! Hopefully you have a nice, sleepy easy to feed newborn!

37. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Well, I don’t know if anyone had had their baby and just not updated, but looks like my thanksgiving baby is turning into a Halloween baby! My water broke last night at 36 weeks, so I am admitted and hoping for labor to start. No contractions at all yet. I hope they start soon! About to start misoprostol which I pray kickstarts labor!

38. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@SugarMaple: good luck today!

@mrsbubbletea: So exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: Good luck I hope everything goes well

40. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Our baby girl decided to surprise us and come two weeks early! She was born Wednesday evening and we're all doing great! So glad she's here and her brothers couldn't be more tickled to have a baby sister!

Good luck everyone!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee