Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2017 Moms!

1. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Properpie: I definitely found that days less filled with activity were the worst for my anxiety. I had time to obsess over twinges and cramps, whereas when I was out and about I'd realize I wasn't noticing those same "worrying" symptoms! (This goes for all my pregnancies not just the ectopic )

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

For those of you that took diclegis did you feel tired all day after taking it? I don't know if I should blame my current exhaustion on pregnancy or the medicine.
    Also I want melted cheese, of the mozzarella stick variety

3. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I took 2 at night and 1 in the am and felt super tired around 10/11am but then ok afterwards. I also slept like a rock at night which was awesome. I will also say that it made me feel so much better but I still didn't really feel normal or good until 18/19 weeks.

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@KNS: so far iI'm not noticing too much of a difference other then being really tired.

5. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@snarkybiochemist: It will definitely make you more drowsy.

Um, anyone else start lactating already?! I don't know if it is because I have spent 3 of the last 5 years breastfeeding babies so my body is primed for it but my nipples were glued to my bra this morning when I got undressed after my night shift ... This is WAY earlier than with my other kiddos ...

6. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

EDD: November 17

First child? 2nd!

Any symptoms? so much nausea. Had a rough weekend with some vomiting. Breast pain early on but has gone away now.

Who have you told? Husband and immediate family. We were going to wait until after the first trimester but had to be around both sides over the weekend for my birthday and there was no way to keep the nausea and vomiting hidden.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had zero morning sickness with LO1 and this is making me miserable. My first appointment is next week and I'm nervous. Just hope all is as it should be.
    It took a couple years and clomid to conceive our first. This one I was supposed to start clomid again that cycle but I decided to push it back a month or two and ending up conceiving anyway. So it was a shock that it happened naturally for us.

Hope everyone is feeling well or at least hanging in there!

7. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@MsMini: how funny! I am still nursing but that must be such a a trip for you!

I ordered some maternity clothes hoping they would be good transitional comfortable first trimester to full bump clothing, but they all looked ridiculous, I have one of those bodies with a belly that can practically look pregnant when I am full. (So add in the bloat and I look 6m pregnant!!!) I wanted something that would more be comfortable and disguise it with the proper rest of the outfit. Anyways, I am returning it!

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I am embracing the rubber band trick on my jeans right now and changing into comfy pants the min I get home.

9. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Bea: welcome! Your EDD is my birthday :). And mine is my husband's birthday!

10. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I have never tried that. It sounds so uncomfortable to me, unless I used like a scrunchy. Lol! My jeans feel ok until I sit down. So I can imagine that a rubber band would just cut right into my stomach when I sit down.

ETA I luckily barely have to wear real clothes since I wear scrubs to work!!

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I'm using a hair tie so its not straight rubber and my jeans are probably unzipped about an inch or so.

12. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: when I unzip my pants in the car (lol) the zipper always bothers me!

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: You are lucky with scrubs to work, jeans are the bane of my existance

14. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

I love seeing all the new November 2017 moms joining!

I just finished my first ultrasound. Baby is measuring right on track, 8 weeks 3 days, with a heartbeat of 160. I literally cried in my car afterwards as I am so happy.

It makes the horrible nausea/vomitting worth it! How is everybody's morning sickness going?

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@SugarMaple: Awesome news

In regards to morning sickness I am on diclegis which is lowering my nausea but hasn't erased it. I just want to speed through the first tri so I can stop feeling generally crappy.

16. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@SugarMaple: Congrats! So wonderful to see your bean!

17. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@SugarMaple: congratulations on a great ultrasound!

18. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@mrsbubbletea: @knittylady: @snarkybiochemist: Thank you!

I am trying the b6/unisom combo at home. I did get a script for compazine from the NP that did my intake, but I'm nervous about taking it after seeing the side effects / risks. I haven't filled it and probably won't unless I get dehydrated (and talk to my primary doc). YES, to getting through the feeling crappy part-- it will be worth it!

19. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Happy to report we also saw baby on ultrasound today with a heart rate of 170! It was incredibly reassuring - after two consecutive losses, I feel like I can breathe just a little.

20. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Shopoholicmom: amazing! So happy to see all these healthy reports

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Shopoholicmom: wonderful news

22. Shopoholicmom

olive / 57 posts

Thanks ladies!

Side question - does anyone know why my "reply" button doesn't work? I can't even click it to generate the "@username." Thoughts?

23. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@Bea: welcome and congratulations! I had such horrid morning sickness with my first 2 so you have my sympathies.

24. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Shopoholicmom: yay!

25. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@SugarMaple: so happy you had a good ultrasound!

@mrsbubbletea: it is weird. Definitely the best earliest I have started leaking.

26. MomBrarian

pea / 18 posts

EDD: November 24th
    First child? THIRD!
    Any symptoms? Not really - I'm tired, but I have 2 toddlers, so I'm pretty sure that is just standard operating procedure. No nausea or food aversions like I had my first 2 pregnancies. Mildly irritated (but like I said before 2 toddlers, not a lot of sleep = irritation) Some bloating, some twingy cramps. Nothing that if I didn't have a positive HPT would alert me to being pregnant.
    Who have you told? More people than I thought I would - basically everyone except immediate family and close friends (we're working out -> in apparently). I told a lot of people at work, my mom friends from my 1st pregnancy, and a handful of randos (my accountant, personal trainer, etc.)
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? - I have been referring to this baby as a she since the moment I found out I was pregnant but symptoms are unlike either my previous pregnancies (one of each b/g)
    My first OB appt is April 6th - we plan to tell our families at the holidays (Easter/Passover) - I'm excited and nervous about having THREE! Happy to be joining the November 2017 Mama group!

27. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

Is anyone else suffering from constant gross mouth? If I'm not literally eating something or literally brushing my teeth, my mouth feels and tastes so disgusting. Ick.

28. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@Jennibenni: Yes. I am chewing gum at work right now, which I NEVER do. But...yuck.

Also, I have felt better today (morning sickness wise) than I have in weeks. All thanks to the million carbs I ate so far. I tried to each a normal lunch (salad/veggies) and threw it up. I may just eat a loaf of bread a day and call it good

29. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@MomBrarian: Congrats!

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: I seem to have a lot of extra saliva and it has a gross taste. I hate chewing gum b/c the flavor goes away so fast but it does help for the few minutes the strong flavor is present.
    @MomBrarian: Welcome
    I am in the Philly 'burbs on the PA side

31. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@SugarMaple: @snarkybiochemist: I agree gum helps, but only briefly! I keep reminding myself I could be barfing nonstop so it could definitely be worse!

32. MsMini

grapefruit / 4056 posts

@MomBrarian: Welcome and congrats! I feel you on the chasing 2 kids exhaustion LOL. My symptoms this time are MUCH milder as well, which is a very good thing. If it wasn't for the huge bloated belly and sore boobs I would be pretty worried about this little bean. I have told a lot of people now too!

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I've seen preggie pops/drops advertised do they actually work for nausea or keeping the awful taste out of my mouth?

34. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: preggie pops helped me for nausea but ended up making my teeth hurt

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: well that sounds unpleasant

36. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: When I had HG with my second they recommended ice cubes. Frozen stuff helps apparently. I really liked lime popsicles because they were frozen but had the fruity tart thing that preggie pops offered.

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I have gatorade ice cubes at home that taste amazing, just not very practical for all day

38. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

6 weeks today and the nausea is definitely stepping it up! I am just super mindful about not letting my tummy get too empty. I hope it doesnt get much worse, that would be nice!

39. Jennibenni

persimmon / 1005 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I went through a ton of preggie pops with my first pregnancy and awful morning sickness. It was hard to tell if they helped but at least I felt like I was trying. This time I bought some, but I so associate them with morning sickness that the sight of the container kind of makes my stomach turn. So they're definitely no help to me now!

40. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Jennibenni: maybe I'll give them a try

Getting nervous for my ultrasound tomorrow, no reason to worry but I can't seem to help myself.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee