Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: I was on prednisone for a hornet sting around ovulation. My gyno told me it could mess with ovulation, but I had a positive OPK and a clear temp shift, so I am assuming everything worked out.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Well, sh#t, I guess I will be having ANOTHER early OV after all!!!
    CD 10 OV here we come....
    With all the speak of steroids and prednisone mucking up cycles, I wonder if my trigger point injections are influencing anything? πŸ€”... Or if I'm just cycling with a short follicular phase bc I getting older. πŸ€¨πŸ™„πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: well crap, at least you got the jump on the sexy time!

4. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Can I tentatively throw my hat in this ring? We were NTNP but I just had a chemical (light positive tests after missing my period, a week of spotting then AF showed up, so my dates are rough guesses) that makes me anxious for the real thing. I have no idea what my month will be like because of this. It's a wildcard but I still want to try.

Cycle Day: maybe 6?
    TTC Cycle: not including NTNP, first real try
    Ovulation Date: I'm going to guess around the 31st
    POAS Date: Nov 12th
    Baby #: 2

I love this time of year and am excited to show our DD the best of the season - especially sledding once it snows!

Good luck, ladies!

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Definitely, 2x already. Just text DH at work and asked (verbatim), "Wanna DTD tonight or in the morning bc I need your bod." I know, I'm straight to the point -- no romance there. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ His response: "Ladies' choice." Of course, I point out that he used the plural and asked if that was a Freudian slip -- No response. πŸ€¨πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I always tell my husband when I am coming up on O that "We need to do it X nights"... Not much romance

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

πŸˆπŸ‚πŸƒNOVEMBER 2018 POASπŸƒπŸ‚πŸˆ

β€’ CreativeMomma15: 11/1
    β€’ Petitduck: 11/1
    β€’
    β€’Paranundrum: 11/5
    β€’
    β€’ Kaohinani: 11/9
    β€’Clementine12: 11/12
    β€’ Mrs. K: 11/17
    β€’
    β€’ Sams Mom: 11/28
    β€’
    β€’ LAZB: TBD
    β€’ Lioness21: TBD

Best of luck to all this month!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders for November:
    β€’ Yellowbeach

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Clementine12: Welcome! I am sorry to read about your CP but I am glad to see you here. Best of luck this cycle.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Clementine12: Sorry to hear about your CP. We don't bite, but we do wander a lot and talk a lot.

10. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm seeing that and already excited to be witness to it haha

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: So I emailed my doctor because I still have ovary pain, the drowsiness is getting to me, and my period hasn't stopped yet on the Provera.

I guess it's all normal, but I wish I could go without ALL of the side effects.

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Clementine12: welcome!
    @Sams Mom: you are queen of side effects!
    @Kaohinani: guess we are both early ovulators this month. I wonder if my early ovulation has to do with my dor? My doc hasn’t gotten back to me about the steroids, but I’ll let you know what she says when she does

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: if only my luck of hitting all the side effects would carry over to the mega millions πŸ˜‚

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Man, you get the short end of stick every go around! Hopefully, something good comes from all that you have to suffer through. 🀞

@LAZB: When do you think you will POAS? Please, do update when your physician gets back to you ... I'd be curious to know if steroids could, possibly, cause early OV in some individuals rather than later OV. Thanks.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: maybe 10/2? I’ll be 10/11 dpo

16. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Kaohinani: ha! Freudian slip. Time to get cracking! πŸ† I have a feeling this is going to be a good month for you!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SupernovaJ: Oh, SupernovaJ, I hope so! 🀞 I want to join the July Mama's board so badly!!! ... and not as a creepy-creeper πŸ‘€ like I have been. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ DH & I are being super-duper laid back this cycle. I'm not even forcing DH to DTD every night from semi-positive OPK to day after OV this cycle. πŸ˜―πŸ˜‰πŸ€£ I'm only tapping him EVERY OTHER day ... totally laid back. 😁
    Thank you for your positive cheerleading. πŸ’‹

18. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: that was my opk this morning. Blazing. Darker than last night. Only I think we only will have last night as our bd time. A bit bummed, but it is what it is.

Did your rash go away? I have several family members with fibro so I know how much it sucks.

@Sams Mom: yeah seriously, your body just can’t chill and have maybe one measly symptom instead?! πŸ˜‚

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Petitduck: @Kaohinani: apparently my body wants to give me all the symptoms. πŸ™„πŸ˜Ά

I'd take them if it meant I would get pregnant, and I have high hopes AND feel good about this cycle. The only bad thing is I feel like I'm not doing anything. So yes I feel like I'm on vacation from TTC, but also feel like I've dropped the ball.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Petitduck: Bummer on the BD-ing, BUT it does only take one good dance. πŸ˜‰ My daughter is testament to the "one shot baby." 🀣 My fingers (& toes) are crossed for you! 🀞
    As for my rash, a second dose of Benadryl took care of it. The physician I spoke with it believes it to be a minor environmental allergy (to what, I do not know) but I did tell my DH it was his fault (in jest) and I was allergic to him. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I also believe Yellowbeach was correct as I do have a few tiny abrasions on my arms. I believe my rash began in the middle of the night and I, subconsciously, began to scratch in my sleep. 🀯 Freaky.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hmmm, πŸ€” Just take it as you are an overachiever... You have to have ALL of the symptoms. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

πŸˆπŸ‚πŸƒNOVEMBER 2018 POASπŸƒπŸ‚πŸˆ

β€’ CreativeMomma15: 11/1
    β€’ Petitduck: 11/1
    β€’ LAZB: 11/2-ish
    β€’ Paranundrum: 11/5
    β€’ Kaohinani: 11/9
    β€’ Clementine12: 11/12
    β€’ Mrs. K: 11/17
    β€’
    β€’ Sams Mom: 11/28
    β€’
    β€’
    β€’ Lioness21: TBD

Best of luck to all this month!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders for November:
    β€’ Yellowbeach
    β€’ Mamabear87
    β€’ SupernovaJ

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Petitduck: I only got O-2 and O-1, so I am pretty much in the same boat

24. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: My OPK was positive yesterday too! So we continue as cycle buddies this month as well?
    (I'll update my POAS date after FF has confirmed OV.)

I didn't have a temp shift this morning so I'll probably O today or maybe tomorrow. I'm hoping we're able to BD tonight. It has been a struggle doing it on a schedule and it wears me out (not doing the deed but the planning). We got Monday though, so we've got that going for us...

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Cycle buddies again! That is wonderful!
    I absolutely agree that all of the planning is exhaustive. Right now, we are focusing less on baby planning and more on the fact that DH's parents will be visiting with us for a week starting on Friday. They are lovely people but a bit much sometimes, and my father-in-law always has to be "doing" something (* going somewhere, working on a project, etc.). Entertaining can be exhausting, especially while trying to sneak in some TTC time. πŸ˜‰

26. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm sure they are great, but a week long visit sounds way too long for me, no matter who is visiting...I wouldn't want to be a guest for such a long time either. I'm a total hermit, I need space from people and the freedom to wear pajamas all day during my days off.

I understand that your country is so big, that shorter visits would be pointless if you have to drive for hours and hours or fly to get together with family. I'm grateful that I live in such a tiny country, everything is close together and a weekend visit is more than enough.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I feel you on that one. I have my husband's grandparents in Friday-Monday this week. I love them, but I also am a bit of a hermit. My husband always has to go go go too. Then Thanksgiving is at my house this year and I will have 4 extra house guests leading up to and after the holiday, with 3 extra dogs, and then 9 extra people just for thanksgiving and 2 extra dogs.

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Ok now I'm overwhelmed for you

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: at least 3 of the 4 extra dogs are under 15 lbs? and I can throw all but my mom's 2 senior citizen yorkies in the backyard to play... But then again I would take a house full of dogs over a house full of people.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: @Sams Mom:
    I appreciate you ladies SO very much for understanding me so very well! I may be very "chatty" on here, but, in all actuality, I am absolutely an introvert who prefers my home to be my citadel for respite from the world around me. Company, to me, equates to "intrusion" no matter how endearing I may find the individuals. My DH, on the other hand, loves socializing with ANYONE and enjoys entertaining within our home. Unfortunately, I am the one who cooks, cleans, watches the children, and figures out how to keep guests busy while he socializes. It is exhausting for me, but I do enjoy watching him socially flourish and it is wonderful for the children to spend time with extended family and friends. I do believe that visits should be limited to a long weekend but no one ever listens to me. πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ€£

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Onto a new topic - OVULATION.

I believe I'm having what they call a "hard" or "heavy" OV. I'm having pretty fierce cramps (Mittelschmerz) primarily on the right side and lower back pain (towards the kidneys). My Fibro is starting up and I am so grateful that I had my pain (trigger point) injections yesterday. I am up 2 lbs of water weight. Hoping all of this will bring good things (and not a cyst). 🀞🀞🀞

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I ovulate "hard" every month since starting meds, and thankfully none have ever resulted in cysts. Soooo hopefully you will not have a cyst either!

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: That's good to know. I always get Mittelschmerz but it is more "annoying" and not so "painful." I can't blame anything on Clomid this cycle. Also, this, being an unmedicated cycle, is what is making me take notice. Of course, I am determined not to focus too much on anything this cycle. Whatever happens, happens. πŸ™‚

34. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: my doc just wrote back that the steroid injection was totally fine, such a relief! She also basically said not to get my hopes up this cycle, either it was a false opk or follicle was trying to release an egg too early. It could possibly be an ok situation, but more likely not going to happen this month.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Wow, I'm glad the steroids will have no effect. Thank you for updating with that information. Now, onto your cycle - IDK, if I'd believe it was a false OPK because you had more than one, all building in intensity to a positive ... it wasn't just a bunch of negative (stark white) OPKs and then *bam!* one positive, and back to nearly white negatives. If it is a premature LH surge without OV, keep tracking bc you may catch another surge that would lend to a good OV. πŸ˜‰ Also, so many ladies on here have gotten BFPs from early OVs that implying your chances are low this month if you did OV early (or that it couldn't be a possibility) is ludicrous. IDK, I'd still keep a tiny bit of faith that it could happen. ❀🀞

36. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: I forgot, she also said vitex would be fine, which is good to know, but I haven’t been taking it for the last few days.
    I think she’s just saying early ovulation for me isn’t necessarily a good thing, not in general. Since I normally wouldn’t ovulate until day 23ish, it is almost a full two weeks early. I’m not sure, but I think that’s what she was getting at. Hope she’s wrong of course!

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I had been waiting [forever] for my adult & child skeleton set to arrive so I could FINALLY finish decorating the front of our home for Halloween. They arrived today ... So I pulled them out the box to find THIS:

Is it just me OR is creepily accurate?!?πŸ’€πŸ’€ πŸ€°πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ It even came out waving at me! 😯🀣
    If only it were foretelling my future. *sighs*

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So I just started spotting, how weird is that? I’m cd11 and only 1 or 2 dpo

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: it’s got to be a sign!

40. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Kaohinani: so weird. Glad it went away. I’m prone to random rashes, but not night/ sleep scratching, although I’m not sleeping much anyway!

That is such an interesting/ amusing way for the skeletons to come to you. Fingers crossed.

@LAZB: intriguing. Wonder what it means at this point. Ov spotting?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee