Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2012 Mama's Part 2

1. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Beebug: sounds like it could be AF? Boo!

2. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

AF starting 14 days after the last one did. Not a fan, lol. IUD better work too, lol.

3. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

I have been keeping up reading on this board, but haven't posted in a while. We have been busy with our little boy. Nolan got his shots last week wednesday. He did end up spiking a fever overnight, although it didn't seem to bother him. I was crazy about checking is temp because I was concerned about his fever getting out of hand.

We went to a Christmas party on saturday with my family. He was a huge hit! Everyone loved being able to see him. My extended family doesn't get to us very much. While we were at the party we got to see the other little baby in family. She is 4 months old and the size Nolan. It was a little concerning, but she is adoreable!!!! I will update more later.

4. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Beebug: Booooo to your AF returning.

I am having a super hard time keeping up with this thread

Alia is getting so big! I wish I could freeze time. She laughed for the first time yesterday It was for DH but she laughed for me later in the day. It was just a little giggle but it was SO cute!

5. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

2 month appt went ok. Hated hearing him cry during his shots. He was 13 lbs 2 oz and 24 inches long. He's getting so big! Any of you BFing ladies giving vit D drops to your LO? My ped said it would be a good idea.

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: yup we've been doing vitamin d since he was a few days old.

7. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@hilsy85: yeah apparently I missed the vit D memo. Lol

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: ha no big deal I'm sure. And I can't believe how big he is!! Hopefully he won't have any reaction to his shots.@Mrs.B: aw a giggle! How sweet

9. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@hilsy85: he seems ok. He's been sleeping 2 hours now on my chest. We gave him a dose of Tylenol to hopefully help with the pain. 4 shots just seemed like so much for such a little guy.

10. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: aw yeah it sucks to see them so sad/hurting. Poor little guy!

11. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@mrskc: our ped put both LO & I on vit D because I am on the dairy free diet...actually I haven't been on the diet for 12 days now but we still take the vit D. I'm curious to see how big LO will be since my son & yours have been pretty much on the same track weight wise. Our appointment got move to Thursday.

12. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@TurtleDoves: So you've brought dairy back into your diet now? How is your LO responding to that?

so it's 11:30 pm here and I should be asleep right now... LO has been down since 8:45. I've got myself into a bad habit now of staying up late after he goes to bed. I guess I feel like it's the only uninterrupted me time that I can get. Only downside to this is I'm not going to get the full 7-8 hours of sleep like I would get when I go to bed right when he does.

13. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@mrskc: he's been perfectly fine! But I don't do actual milk, still. I pretty much never ate butter, ranch, sour cream or cream cheese to begin with either. So basically I brought back yogurt, cheeses & creamy soups. I'm not surprised that he's responded well because my mom said us kids all outgrew it by 12w. He was 9w+.

14. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrskc: aww - I'm so scared for shots! Hopefully it will be quick! And I'm prepared to nurse right away... Still 2 weeks away.
    We also have been doing Vit D drops since he was about a week old - he loves his drops!

15. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs.B: yay for a laugh!!!
    @MrsRcCar: bummer about the temp - bit it went away quickly right? How do you take LOs temp? Armpit?

How about other moms? How do you take LOs temp?

16. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hellobeeboston: we did it rectally, we were told that's the most accurate. We had up do it several times bc the thermometer we had was not working!@TurtleDoves: that's great about the dairy!

17. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

We were told to do Vit D Drops since the beginning, but I won't lie, I forget.....a lot.

I took 13 sleepers off her rack last night.....! Seems like only Carter's 3 months fit right now, everything else (3 months size) isn't long enough. The amount of clothes (some she never wore!) she's outgrown already is insane. She needs to stop growing so fast!!

18. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@hellobeeboston - we take temps rectally as well. Our per said that's what they will ask for if we call in sick.

I forget to do the vitamin d drops too, glad I'm not the only one!

LO just went 10 hours bw feeds!!! Oh I hope this continues when I go back to work in 2 weeks!!!

19. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@CarrieLouWho: yay for long sleeps!

Leo also had a great night--he went 8:30 to 6:50am!! I woke up and was like, did I just forget that he woke up during the night? But my boobs were so engorged that I decided he must have slept straight through, lol.

20. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Yay for awesome sleeps!!

I thought we were doing ok, but that is amazing! We're up around 4am or so for a feeding and diaper change and she goes back down til 8ish.

21. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

I'm so jealous of all your LO's awesome sleep! A is still a terrible sleeper. She goes down around 10:45 till 2am then wakes every hour after that :(.

@TurtleDoves: Yay fot dairy I also brought dairy back in at 9 weeks with no issues.

22. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

I seriously think C has allergies. She is red around her eyes and ears off and on now. Rubs her face in us when we have her over shoulder, poor thing.

Doctor said he doubted allergies this young, but there's no way this is nothing.....

23. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@TurtleDoves: Did you re-activate fb yet? I posted this just now, but thought about you and no fb.....and just fee.l like showing C off I guess!

Happy Bean!

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Beebug: does she do it all the time or more when she's tired? Poor C! And such a cute pic I did Leo's 2 month photos today (1 day late, whoops!) and there is such a difference between 1 month and 2 months!

25. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@hilsy85: She does it all the time..... It's a different rub then when she's tired.....she digs in and itches

Just gave C a bath, took pics for 1st time since 1st bath at hospital, I think DH got a couple good pics!! Nursing now, then bedtime for her! DH has another day and a half left and then 2 weeks home with us (and we'll be away to his home province) which I am really looking forward to. I went so overboard on his Christmas gifts, but so fun!!

26. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@hellobeeboston: my ped said arm pit and if we need more accurate then do rectal.

@Beebug: what a cutie! Hope she's feeling bette and you can figure out why she keeps batting her ear. My DH has next 2 weeks off too! So looking forward to having him home for 2 weeks.

Anyone else struggle with naps during the day? How do u get your LO down for a nap? I tried swaddle today with white noise and he only slept for half an hour. Then later I let him nap on my chest for 2 hours. He sleeps fine at night but he doesn't nap very well.

27. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@mrskc: C doesn't nap properly daytime, never ever in crib, bassinet or pnp. She is always in carrier, on me, or in carseat. We're on the go, and maybe I'm a bad Mom for not being home to establish better naps, but I want to do things! So I guess I can't her expect to nap where I'd like her to the times I am home?

She naps fine now in bassinet at night, so I find it funny how she won't stay asleep in it during the day!

28. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@hellobeeboston: he loves them!? What drops do you use? DS hates his because they taste repulsive (I've tried them). That's why sometimes I skip them; they out him in a terrible mood:/

@Mrs.B: E sleeps terribly too.
    Today our ped asked about his sleep & when I told him that LO only sleeps a max of 4h and then wakes every 3 after that (no naps during day!) he was applaud. He said he feels bad for me hehe..ah:'( I feel bad for me too.

LO is 12lb7oz- above average for his age:)
    Other than that, he has flat head! So, now I'm supposed to did a way to make him sleep on his side. Any ideas?

@Beebug: yay! I don't wanna be left out of the loop when it comes to baby pic sharing! She's so pretty; I love her!

29. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@mrskc: L doesn't nap well either. only if she is on someone. if she is swaddled tightly, sometimes she will sleep for longer stretches, but not usually.

30. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@TurtleDoves: oh no! Maybe roll up a receiving blanket and put it against his back to keep him on his side.

Well A is taking his second nap in the swing today. I'm amazed.

31. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@mrskc: J is also not a good napper. I swaddle him (recently with the miracle blanket like we do at night) and put him in his crib, and he'll generally sleep for 30 minutes max before waking up and crying. Sometimes I can put his pacifier back in and wiggle him a little and he'll fall asleep again, but sometimes it doesn't work and I just have to keep going into his room and putting the pacifier back in every 5 minutes. He sleeps well at night (usually, though for some reason he's been randomly crying for a few seconds every half hour this evening, not sure what that's about!), but doesn't like to sleep during the day!

J doesn't mind his vitamin D drops - I use the Enfamil TriViSol drops, which have a couple other vitamins in there too. I give it to him before a feeding, and he'll take it then make a face because it's not the milk taste he was expecting!

32. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@TurtleDoves: C only sleeps on her side! We have a towel rolled on her front side, receiving blanket against her back. We definitely don't want her rolling frontward, so those rolls are tight, the back one is loose as we are now wanting her to make her way to her back, which she does, but yah.....tightly rolled on either side and he won't go anywhere She sleeps a million times better once doc said we could side sleep her!

33. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

I am glad I'm not the only one with a bad napper!!

And not the only one missing D Drops sometimes!

So! Shots are DONE! I definitely cried!

She is 24", and weighed 12.45lbs, doctor said he expects a good athlete out of her like her parents, lol.

She had some infant tylenol after and I sat w/ her in back of our SUV until she fell asleep, which took all of 2 minutes before getting upfront to drive home!

Going to put a roast in the crockpot, and get some baking done this after while she snoozes!

34. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Beebug: mmm, pot roast!

So, I'm awake becaaaaause: DH is snoring! He has never snored before...only on the ONE night DS decides to sleep, does DH snore. Bless his little heart. :'( clearly sleep is just not in my cards tonight.

35. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@turtledoves, I know how you feel. DH has been sick this week and the last couple of nights he's kept me up with his breathing & snoring... And the dog is snoring with him! Ugh... It's pretty bad when its not the baby that keeps you up!!

36. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Mama's who use sposies.....what brand do you use!? I am using some pampers to travel today, when we land I will get some more. I don't like the pampers....and already miss cloth

Wish us luck through airport and flight today!!! Heck...just driving to the airport is the furthest we've driven

37. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

I am going to start the 30 day shred DVD next weekend! DH got it for me in my stocking and I am excited to try it....! That with some pool time, walking, eventually running.....!

Our pregnancies and pp time line up well with new years resolutions

38. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: naps are definitely more of a challenge than night time sleep...we always swaddle for them if we're at home and we either end up putting him in his swing, which usually gives us a good hour and a half/two hours, or in his crib, which is more hit and miss. He naps really well in the moby or the stroller, so if all else fails we go out for a walk.

@Beebug: wow big girl! Go C! I hope her ear is better...glad her shots weren't too bad. We use pampers swaddlers and love them. Have a great trip!!

39. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@hilsy85: ear seems fine, we'll see how she is landing though, I land awfully on planes though, hopefully she doesn't inherit that from me! She is a big girl, but you know what's funny is how "small" she seems with sposies on! I feel like I have nothing to hold on to now, haha!

Does Target have good (ish?) baby clothes? It's coming to Canada soon, and one's opening local to me, not til February though I don't think!

DH and I did Christmas last night together, I cried reading card from him, we filled stockings for each other, I love DH of course but he nevvvver really does gifts, we just keep it small, and I'm always ok with that. I went a little crazy with his stocking, and definitely over spent, and was sure I way outdid him. He got me! Totally surprised, lots of "running" themed gifts, ipod running band for arm, lulu sports bra, etc, but some sparkly diamond ear rings, so that killed it, lol DH did good!!!! First piece of jewelry he's bought me, so pretty special to me! I was just beaming last night, had to brag a little, beyond excited!

40. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Beebug: that's so sweet...I'm so glad you had such a good Christmas with DH:) you deserve it!
    &yes, I like targets baby clothing! Some of ds's cutest outfits are from there. Not a huge selection but a good selection.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee