27 %
    Little Man : (6 votes)
    40 %
    Little Surprise : (5 votes)
    33 %
  1. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Hi ladies!

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy 1st Christmas' to all of our LOs!

We made it to Nova Scotia, we're on the road now from Halifax to DHs hometown (about 2 hours), C is sleeping! The plane ride was ok, she screaaaaaamed bloody murder the first few mins on the plane, I felt awful for the people around us. She hated being held all ways, soother, bottle, nothing worked, onto the boob she went and pretty much stayed there all flight, and then zonked out, DH and I watched a movie. Glad we didn't do this drive last night and stayed with BIL and SIL who live right near airport. They met C, great to visit, and break up the travel a bit.

C slept between DH and I in bed, a double bed (lol) so we were pretty cozy last night. DH and I nervous with her in bed, first half of the night I think we hardly slept, second half we did much better, C and DH slept an hour later then me, and only a one hour time change/difference here that I think we've absorbed fine already!

Wish me luck with MIL, arghhhhhh. Hoping to goodness everything is ok, and goes ok. Lots of fam and goings on to hopefully never have her and I left alone.

2. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Beebug: hope everything is going ok with your MIL!

Hope everyone had a nice Xmas. A was spoiled with lots of gifts. Lots of clothes and toys. It's funny how after you have a kid the amount of gifts increases ten fold. And ugh we have too many stuffed animals already.

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Beebug: hope your trip is going well! @mrskc: ahh luckily we don't have too many stuffed animals..but the ones we do have just seem to collect dust right now!

We had a pretty good holiday...I nursed in the car while LO was in his carseat and DH was driving, lol--that was interesting. Hopefully the other drivers on the road didn't get too much of a peek. We also found out that my sister is pregnant! She already has two kids, and is due in August. It was quite a shock for all of us, as she wasn't trying. I'm super excited that her LO and DS will be so close in age. She goes for her first appt on 12/31 (my bday!) so hopefully everything is good.

I also went to my first mommy meet up last Friday for moms in my neighborhood. There was a mom there with a 3 week old baby--made me realize how much LO has grown over the last almost-10 weeks! He still seems so little to me, but compared to that baby, he was huge, lol.

4. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Hi Ladies!

Hope everything is going well. DH, little Nolan and I are doing well. We have been busy traveling to see family. We spent Christmas eve with my FIL and DH's family and drove home in the snow. I was not pleased at all. Christmas morning we spent with my mom and dad. We then drove down to Cincinnati to spend the rest of Christmas with my Grandma. We are currently still in Cincinnati despite the fact that DH was supposed to work tomorrow because of the terrible snow storm. My best friend's family is housing us for the night. They are pretty excited to have us for the evening. (In fact my BFF's mom said she was going tie us up if we tried to drive home). I suppose it is good that I always over pack. I will post more when we get home tomorrow. Happy Holidays Ladies!!

5. LuLu Mom

GOLD / wonderful olive / 19030 posts

Hey ladies, today is my first day back in the office, and I'm not goign to lie I've been watching the clock ALL day waiting to go back home to my baby. Luckily this first week grandma's are taking turns babysitting, so I'm easing in. It's nice to be around adults again, but I really wish we could swing me working part time so I could be home more. It's our goal for whenever baby #2 arrives. Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

6. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@mrskc: @hilsy85: Trip IS going well, home tomorrow! Thank -you!

@MrsRcCar: Stay safe in the storm, we're just getting it at home, 10cm overnight and still coming. My Mom sent us a pic of our dog and he had snow piled on his nose!

@jessiejo17: Hope work is going as well as it can be, and realllllly hope time flies today!

We have been SO lucky the last two nights, C has STTN the last two nights. I'm hurtin' in terms of engorgement, but it's totally unexpected that she'd sleep like that (especially while away in a foreign cradle!), but so awesome!

I think we'll say some goodbyes today, and try to figure out how we are packing and getting gifts home.

7. LuLu Mom

@Beebug: Thanks! It went pretty quick until the last 2 hours and I hit a wall wanting to go home. I'm glad it's a short week that's for sure.

Edit: I updated my picture, hopefully it doesn't confuse too many people!

8. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@jessiejo17: love the new pic!

9. LuLu Mom

@TurtleDoves: thanks it is one of my favorites from her newborn session!

10. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@jessiejo17: aw how is work going? I start back in February. Not looking forward to leaving LO.

@Beebug: glad your LO is sleeping good for you while you're away.

DH is on Xmas vacation this week and next. So nice to have him home all day. We have our first nanny interview tomorrow. Wish me luck! Hopefully I can find someone good to watch DS when I go back to work.

11. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

When can we start a new thread? This was is super long! We hit 40 pages today Chatterboxes;)

12. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@TurtleDoves: yea I was thinking the same thing. I'll start a new one.

13. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

14. LuLu Mom

@mrskc: It is going okay, although it has confirmed that I am ready for a job change. I have been with my company for almost 7 years & my 2 coworkers are still having the same argument they were having when I left. I think it's time for me to move on and find something I truely enjoy doing & not just get paid well to do! Hopefully in the next year I can find something in the area we plan to move.

15. LuLu Mom

@TurtleDoves: Agreed, this one is a monster

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee