Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@ladybee: My LO really likes turkey and chicken so far. We just used ground meat or else pull off small little strips. Pretty easy if you're making it already for your own meal.

2. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@avivoca: Pureed meat disgusts me but I kind of have a mental block about giving her any kind of meat! It's weird because I love meat but I just am not crazy about the idea of her eating it!

@ladybee: Why does your ped hate purées?

RE: car seats - We got a Britax Marathon super on sale on Amazon & have been using it for coming up on 2 months I think. It's not pretty but LO is SO much happier in it!

3. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: I looked at that but it's been getting harder and harder to use the infant seat so I just ordered one on impulse. I got it on sale at least, and it felt the best in store (the fabric texture).

4. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@avivoca: Your IG pic looked nice! I wish ours was a nicer fabric & not solid black (hot!) but it was a good price for a really quality seat so, meh.

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

M has been working on clapping this week and has finally mastered it! Where did our babies go?

6. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@ladybee: I don't know S is clapping up a storm too & waving bye & hi, and just a little person on the go. She totally knows what's up & has our number. This stage is fun but tiring!

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: @daniellemybelle: Man, I don't know. They are turning into little toddlers before our eyes! H has been clapping, having little conversations, and trying to stand up (though she has yet to crawl).

I had to vacuum today and poor girl is terrified of it. All she wanted was a hug and she laid her head on my shoulder while holding on tight. My heart almost burst.

In other news...there is an effing mouse in my house. I saw the little bugger in H's room and it scared me. They don't bother me when I find them already dead, but seeing it scurry across the room almost did me in. Good news: I learned how to set a mouse trap (thank you T). Bad news: the mouse is still alive.

8. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@avivoca: saw your post on sleep regression but thought other October mamas might also be interested in this discussion.

How's it going for you guys? DD has definitely been fighting naps and bedtime lately. It's just play, practice crawling, play, laugh, play, etc. We are also back to 3 night wakeups (from 2, rarely 1). We are just riding it out for now. She's had some days of LATE bedtimes and fewer naps, bc at some point I just give up and let her stay up. She will only go to sleep if she's completely exhausted, apparently. All in all, it's not too bad. One thing I've learned the last 9 months is that nothing lasts forever!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Zbug: Sleep...precious sleep. I've started letting her fuss for any wake-ups before 1:00, but after that she's up every hour or two. I'm really hopeful that it will get better soon, because I am super tired. I miss sleep. I did CIO for bedtime and last night was the first night that she went down with less than a minute of fuss.

10. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@avivoca: poor mama! We are at every 2-3 hours and that's brutal enough. Hang in there. Hopefully, this will pass quickly.

11. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@avivoca: @Zbug: it hasn't hit here yet. M is only 9+1. I'm terrified for what's to come.

12. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

We are in sleep hell and teething hell. She is cutting 8 teeth. I just want one them to cut through. Seriously. I had to hold her all night to get her to sleep. On top of that, she got her first ear infection and had to go on antibiotics. Good news, she doesn't appear to be allergic to penicillin which was a possibility.

13. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@singingbee: :(. Hope tonight is a better night for you. It's hard. On the one hand, we need sleep (and sanity), but they are so little and don't understand why they are in pain, unable to sleep, etc. I know I will look back and realize what a short period of time this was, but I was super frustrated earlier tonight. How do people have 3,4,5, etc babies!?

14. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@singingbee: oh no! 8 teeth!? I didn't even know that was possible poor baby and mommy.

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

So I'm having a hard time finding a monkey birthday theme I like for a little boy. Curious George keeps coming up. Thoughts? Be honest. I don't like charcters but he is kinda cute.

16. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@ladybee: I like it! I'm not into characters either but those are auper cute - especially the second one.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: Very cute!

18. Sadieloo

kiwi / 726 posts

Hey mamas! How are you? Sorry for the radio silence on my end. No excuse except that I just haven't been on HB as much. With the exception of sleep, A is doing great. He's a man on the move and is crawling, climbing, cruising and walking with a bit of help. He's also gotten much better at feeding himself. Most importantly, he's a happy and smiley guy, even a flirt if you ask me :). So far he only has his bottom two teeth and the next ones that look to be coming in are his fangs. Hello vampire baby!

@singingbee: we are also in sleep hell! After our trip to the beach, our LO has been waking at 5:45 AM just about every morning. He's also waking multiple times a night. I keep hoping that he wakes with a mouthful of teeth or takes his first unassisted steps to make me feel better.

What's new with everyone else? How are your LO's? Hope you are all well!

Btw, has anyone still not gotten AF? I still BF but supplement with formula. I can't believe it hasn't come back yet!

19. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@Sadieloo: I read that months 9-12 are often hard with respect to sleep due to all the milestones, developments and teething. Lovely. I guess I will just keep chugging coffee.

No AF for me either! I EBF and LO still nurses quite a bit, so I guess I won't be surprised if it doesn't come back for awhile yet. I'm sort of nervous though. We aren't ready to ttc yet but I can't see us weaning anytime soon. Maybe if she stops nursing at night...one day...fingers crossed.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Sadieloo: @Zbug: You ladies and you not having AF. She visited at six months pp and IT WAS AWFUL. Maybe TMI, but kind of like a murder happened down there. I'm on it now and it's been much better this time and the last time, but prepare yourselves. The first one after having a baby can be a B.

We're doing okay. We did some mild CIO for bedtime and it's a lot less stressful now. H had an unexplained fever all weekend and all last week she pooped at least three times a day. Her poor bum was so red and irritated. She's still working on crawling and wants to pull up to stand so badly (right now she can get to her knees). Even though she's not crawling, she is still mobile because she scootches everywhere on her butt. It's such a fun age but so tiring!

21. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@avivoca: I hear you on af. I had her at 3.or 4 months!!!!

Lo is crusing around her crib now. Stresses me out. She is pulling up on everything and doesn't want any help. She has started spitting out her food. I guess we need to switch to more chunky foods. I just worry because she is gags on purees and water because she tries to eat them so quickly. I don't know what to do.

22. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

Hi Ladies, I'm back. I see everyone's doing well. And some of you are ahead of the game and planning 1st birthdays! Yay!
    I too, haven't been on Hellobee much, mainly because I'm at work 2 days a week and on those days I'm crazed. Funny, when I worked full-time I spent SOOO Much time with you Chicks. Now that I'm at home chasing my lass, I don't have time for the Web. Le Sigh.
    Anyway, Georgi's doing well. Well, actually, she's sick today. Projectile puking last night - I was totally freaked out. It's really no big deal, babies get sick, but she hasn't been sick much and I thought she was dying. We called the doctor. New parents. She's standing up and cruising around - and we're getting gates next week after we return from vacation. Her helmet is still on -- well most of the time - I freaking hate that thing. We're probably gonna have at least two more months of it.
    FOOD -- She's over purees and now I'm mincing and mashing everything. She wants grown up food, but we're afraid! My ped had to have a little talk with us to mix up her diet and stop giving her just beets and squash.

23. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Hi everyone! I've been thinking of all of you and love following a few of you on instagram (follow me @kjpugs if you don't already!)

I was wondering if any of you would want to make a group on FB to chat more privately/often? I find it's so much easier to catch up on there than trying to keep up with this on HB, and I thought it might be nice to have a group of us with kiddos the same age. Anyone interested?

I'm "replying" to everyone who has commented on this last page just so you will all see this!

@MrsMed: @singingbee: @avivoca: @Zbug: @Sadieloo: @ladybee: @daniellemybelle: @catlady:

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@kjpugs: Yes! I would love to do a FB page!

We are traveling, but if you want to follow me on IG, I'm @evansjamie.

25. Sadieloo

kiwi / 726 posts

@kjpugs: Love the idea! I am on FB a lot more than Hellobee as well and often forget to check HB. I'll message you my name on FB. How are you doing, btw?

All is well here. The weather in Jersey has been amazing this summer. A is working through his first summer cold. The last two days and nights were pretty crappy, but I am happy to say he seems to have turned a corner -- no fever! Knock on wood that he continues to get better.

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@avivoca: @Sadieloo: YAY! If we get enough interest I will start it

We're doing good! Effie is INSANE and just all over the place and I couldn't love it any more. She's so fun. She took a few tiny steps that I don't count, but walking is definitely coming soon if she wants to! (She seemed to crawl out of necessity and walking is more "meh" for her.)

I'm struggling with feeding her. Mostly issues on my part. I'm a super picky eater, and I'm extremely anxious about giving her solids and her choking. It's just a horrible combo. She'll be eating purees until she's in college

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

H is doing well! She started crawling a couple of weeks ago and loves to stand at the window and scream at the neighbors.

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kjpugs: I'm in! I'm on my phone so I'll update later.

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I think I'm just going to go ahead and start it... maybe I'll call it October-ish 2013 Moms? HAHA. I think we're all "mostly" October. I'll invite/try to invite as many as I can... gotta figure this out! I'll make it private so that no one but us can see posts (so it won't show up in timelines, etc.)

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Created! I added @avivoca: since we're already friends and @daniellemybelle: even though you didn't reply yet haha. It says I can invite by email so wall me your emails that you use for FB- that might be easier!

I'm so glad you guys seem to be on the same page. It's so random, but I was walking to get my mail at lunch today and thought about how sweet it is to see all your kiddos grow and remembering when we were just talking about them before we knew their gender, or name, or what they'd be like... and how awesome that is. Emo moment! Since it's private we can share more pics and keep up with one another better. Can't wait!

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

i'm in... even though Fi is technically a sept baby

32. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@kjpugs: I'm in! We are already friends on Facebook but let me know if you need my info again.

33. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@singingbee: OH DUH! haha adding you now.

34. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@kjpugs: Great idea on the FB group! I love seeing your lovely faces (and LOs!) there! Going to reply to some topics here but y'all can move the convo to FB if you want!

@MrsMed: @kjpugs: I feel y'all on the food thing. I feel guilty that S is pretty much 90% pouch fed these days. She hates spoon feeding but has been finnicky about finger foods lately so it's the only way I can get food in her. I'm afraid her diet is not very healthy/diverse since even the veggie blend pouches are pretty sweet, I've found. I need to get some of those reusable pouches!

@Sadieloo: @avivoca: @Zbug: I just got AF back last month. It was so much better! Short & light. Hoping it stays that way. We are still combination feeding but down to 2-3 nursing sessions a day.

@ladybee: LOVE the second one! I hear you on characters but it's so cute & you can do just regular monkeys for the party.

35. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@kjpugs: good idea! Left my email on your wall

36. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Zbug: I invited you! Check your FB sorry I didn't have a chance to reply when I saw it but I quick invited you

37. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

It's not showing up on my Facebook. Weird. Maybe bc I'm on my phone. Will check on the iPad later. What did you end up calling the group? I will try to search for it. Thanks

38. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@Kjpugs -- can I join the FB group? It'd be soooo much easier to keep up with you guys. I'm already in another private FB group and I check that more often than Hellobee.

39. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

Oh yeah, my email is corilyns@gmail.com.

40. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@MrsMed: Just invited you

@Zbug: You're in already right? I have a hard time remembering who is who!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee