Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@evansjamie: @Mrs. Monkey: @KJfromNJ: Cramps galore here too...especially tonight. It always makes me so worried ):

2. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: mine just woke me up 45 minutes before my alarm! Well that and having to pee!

3. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Upcoming appts (Please update if i didn't catch ya in the thread)

2/14 - RedMini1
    2/15 - Mrs. Monkey
    2/15 - KaitlynB
    2/19 - KJfromNJ
    3/4 - Chillybear (8 week-ultrasound?)
    3/11 - Evansjaime
    3/12 - Red Mini1 (ultrasound)

4. Mrs Spoon

kiwi / 603 posts

I think I'm ready to join now that the shock has worn off a bit. Congrats to all the Oct 2013 mommies on your BFPs!

Due Date: October 11th based on O date
    Months It Took to Conceive: 6 months/4 cycles (took a 2 month break)
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: 12 DPO
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: mild heartburn for 7 days in a row, headaches, cramping/pulling sensation, sore nipples
    Child Number: 1
    What You're Most Excited For: to tell friends and family
    What You're Most Scared About: like most...miscarriage, but also just how much our lives will change once the baby is here.

5. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Mrs Spoon: Congrats and welcome!

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs Spoon: Congratulations and welcome!

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs Spoon: YAYYY congrats!!!

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Today was my first Barre class since finding out about our pregnancy. HOLY COW! My abs ache, even with the modifications. I can't wait to get back to my normal low-impact classes (I'm doing a bootcamp now that ends next Tuesday).

9. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

Just wanted to say congratulations to you ladies. My EDD is Sept 30th so I might end up an October mama. We'll see!

10. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@KaitlynB: I had cramping throughout my last pregnancy, and it always freaked me out, but once I started asking about it and looking for people talking about it, it seems way more common than I expected- lots of people have (sometimes pretty intense!) cramps with no associated problems!

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Lozza: That's good to know! I have been asking everyone I mean clearly the uterus has a lot of growing to prep for, it's not shocking, but just, NOT what I expected! It makes me REALLY REALLY WONDER about those people who "didn't know they were pregnant." My sister's friend didn't know she was pregnant til she was more than 7 months- and was drinking/partying! I feel like I do before AF, but kind of different... so if I was feeling like this, and no AF... even if I didn't test, after a few days I would go to the doctor!!! Blows my mind.

12. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yeah, I always want to know where I can sign up for one of those pregnancies where you have no symptoms and don't gain much weight and can't tell you're pregnant till there's a baby crowning between your legs.

13. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Lozza: hahahahaha!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: Bwahahahaha, you can sign me up for that too. It kills me, especially because some of those women have had kids and BEEN pregnant before, and I just want to ask them, "How did you not know?"

15. Lozza

pear / 1837 posts

Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that there's nothing you can really DO yet? I feel like "ok, I'm pregnant! I should DO something! Tell people! Things should change!" But we only want to tell a friend or two this early (it's seriously like 4 weeks since my LMP, it's SO early), I have no symptoms, and I'm hardly going to start changing anything about my life (other than canceling that sushi restaurant reservation in favor of something else...) Gah. The frustration of the first trimester!

16. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Lozza: I totally agree... i still have a month before my appt. other than my crazy swollen boobs my symptoms have backed off and i have no one to talk about it with other than my hubs. Thank god we are telling my parents this weekend. i'm 5 weeks today.

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Lozza: Yes, it is kind of frustrating. I hang out on HB a lot, and I have friends who are pregnant right now, but they are much farther along than I am (35 weeks and 24 weeks, respectively). I told my parents, my boss (because I'm so tired at work), my barre instructor, and a few friends, but that's it.

18. OrangePekoe

apple seed / 2 posts

I feel the same way. 5 weeks in and still no real symptoms. Gagging on my prenatal vitamin every evening (gosh they're huge) and passing on wine at dinner is all I'm doing so far. We've told my immediate family but no one else. Can't wait to start feeling a bit more pregnant!

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I agree... this is the NOT fun part... the uncertainty, not being able to tell anyone, not showing, barely any symptoms and those you have are clearly not fun... I have the worst headache of all time right now and nothing in the house I can take. ANGERRRRRRRRRRR.

20. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

This is like the TWW on steroids. I just want to make everything is ok in there. I comfort myself with the knowledge that something must be moving along because I'm fighting the urge to vomit every other minute.

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I now have the worst headache I've ever had (back of my head/neck- I'm not prone to headaches at all) and sent DH to pick up some Tylenol. And the pharmacist advised against it and said I should make an appt ASAP and make sure it's not a blood pressure issue. Awesome I was hoping for something else to worry about

22. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@KJfromNJ: Yikes, I'm sorry. I know my sister going through her pregnancies had migraines and high blood pressure. I'll ask her if she used any natural rememdies or if there was anything she was able to do to combat it. I hope it goes away for you.

23. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@KJfromNJ: hey, just doing some thread stalking and saw your post! For temporary relief you can massage the muscle between your thumb and index finger (a back and forth motion usually helps me). It really helps with headaches! Hope you feel better!

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KJfromNJ: yikes, that sounds awful! Something that helps me when I can't take meds is to lay completely flat on the bed or couch with no pillows. It's weird, but I think it helps my neck muscles to relax. I hope you feel better soon!

25. Redmini1

cherry / 163 posts

@KJfromNJ: no luck from my sister, she said she had to find a dark cool room to lie down in. Hopefully you are feeling better.

I know it's early, but has anyone bought anything baby related, maybe even before you got KU? I had bought a onesie to surprise DH with but we ended up reading the test together so I showed it to him later. All I want to do is start researching what the best stuff to buy is but I also feel like it might jinx it...

26. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Due Date: according to my calculations, October 17, but my drs. Office is saying October 20 based on lmp.

Months It Took to Conceive: This one----8 months, I think. I've lost track.
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: I tested on 13 dpo, and got a shadowy line on a dollar tree test, but a digital and frer showed up instantly.
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: gas, bloat, headaches, heavy/full boobs, no Pms cravings, weird cramps.
    Child Number: 1, here----we sadly lost our first child, our daughter at 20 weeks.
    What You're Most Excited For: Being pregnant again. I'm praying for a sticky baby. I would welcome morning sickness because that would make me feel like something is going on and rally sticking around.
    What You're Most Scared About: Losing another child.

We go to the doctor on March 11 and my doctor already started me on progesterone just in case, even though that wasn't my problem last time. Hoping it all works!!!!

Super excited to be here!

27. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Jennimac: my heart is racing with excitement for you. Wishing you nothing but the best, and so very happy for you. Sorry to pop in, all I saw was the thread title and you with most recent reply and couldn't help but be nosey, with good intentions!

28. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@Mrs Spoon: Congrats and welcome!

@Jennimac: Welcome as well!

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Jennimac: I'm really glad to see you on this board!

@Redmini1: My friend sent me a coupon for a nursing pillow, so I ordered it. DH is going to be mad, but it's okay. I need stuff! Another friend of mine is giving me a sling for baby wearing.

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Thanks for the headache comments guys! I feel almost normal (haha) today and I think a lot of it had to do with food choices... I am afraid the non stick-to-your-ribs foods aren't doing great... after we did errands I had some cheese and crackers and cashews... and now the thought of cashews make me nauseus... hubby got chinese for dinner and got me some, I could barely eat any chicken but rice was amazing. I'm sure this will bode well for my weight, oy.

I called the doctor this AM and they weren't concerned as long as I didn't have swelling or vision changes. Unless I have changes like that they'll just have me come in on the 19th. I would have been happy to go in and get checked out, but I'm fine with NOT too! I feel like I can breath a little today which is good.

And more huge congrats to @Jennimac: - glad to see you on here!

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Jennimac: Congrats and welcome!

Due Date Roll Call So Far

10/1: KaitlynB
    10/3: RedMini1
    10/4: Purple
    10/4?: Evansjamie
    10/6: Orangepekoe
    10/8: Mrs. Monkey
    10/9: Chillybear
    10/11: Mrs. Spoon
    10/14: KJfromNJ
    10/15: Lozza
    10/17: JenniMac

I'm sure there will be more but we got a good start, feel free to update as needed

32. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I purchased a roxy baby blanket like a year and a half ago... lol and since i work at a dance recital/dress up costume company i'm constantly storing cute little costumes like baby tutus and fancy dresses

33. Mrs. Monkey

cherry / 193 posts

@KJfromNJ: Totally with you on the food situation. It's literally the opposite of the low carb diet!

Here is what I ate today: cereal, a croissant, pizza, soup with pasta and finally french toast. Fruit seems to be okay but I gag when I think about veggies or meat. I already have a small food baby!

34. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: EXACTLY! Carbs are my nemesis. What time is it there? I haven' t been grocery shopping since getting my BFP so I'm trying to think of filling breakfasts. I used to be NOT a breakfast person at all, just maybe coffee. Now? Ice cream (1/2 pint) yseterday, currently making rice in the rice maker for today. ITS AN ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think spaghetti squash will be my saviour so I get turkey meatballs and cheese without the carbs PLEASE let my body be ok with spaghetti sqauash!!!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

This morning, I got up early to make tonight's dinner (chilli), and the smell of the meat frying was absolutely awful. But I was starving, so I had a bowl of cereal, which was NOT enough, and I just finished eating cheddar and wheat cracker sandwiches. It's not sitting well. This is going to be a fun morning.

36. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

i've been eating a slice of cinnamon raisin swirl bread before leaving for work in the morning and once i get settled in at the office I make myself a packet of oatmeal with banana slices. I like the "weight control" oatmeal because it has higher protein and fiber and less sugar. I add milk to make it creamier but you can just do it with hot water

37. KaitlynB

olive / 63 posts

@Mrs. Monkey: I'm glad I'm not the only one eating "horribly". All I could stomach last night was homemade pizza....and 50 mint chocolates my mother sent me for V-Day (she doesn't know I'm preggers yet).

I told my husband last night "I don't think I'm eating healthy enough for being pregnant!!!" But literally, nothing sounds good anymore...

I woke up this morning bleeding. No cramps. I wish I could just have a "normal" pregnancy and not so many things to always worry about. If it doesn't stop in an hour I'll call the doctor, but they said last time I was there that bleeding is fine if it stops and theres no cramps...heads up to you all if it hasn't happened yet...

38. Mrs Spoon

kiwi / 603 posts

I guess I'm lucky with no food aversions yet (knock on wood). I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast. It's pretty filling and has iron which I guess I'm supposed to be getting extra of these days.

@evansjamie one o f my close friends could not eat meat the whole first trimester and couldnt even cook her husband dinner with meat without getting sick. I hope you won't have it that bad!

39. AprilK

apricot / 391 posts

OK I'm jumping into the party!

Due Date: October 11
    Months It Took to Conceive: 5
    DPO You Found Out You Were Preggo On: 12
    Symptoms That Made You Think You Were Pregnant: bloating, sore boobs
    Child Number: 2
    What You're Most Excited For: My son to be a big brother
    What You're Most Scared About: miscarriage!

So the first time we were trying, I got pregnant on the fifth cycle and miscarried. Then we tried again, got pregnant on the fifth cycle again, and got my son.

This time around, we were trying and got pregnant on the fifth cycle AGAIN. Is that weird or what? Now I am convinced I will lose it and go through the whole experience from the first time again. Ugh. Doesn't help that I'm cramping and just have the tiniest amt of spotting. Maybe TMI, but it's not really spotting, it's more of a bit of brown discharge?

I have an appointment with the nurse at my doc's office this afternoon so I'll bring it up. Not sure what they can do about it so early though

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@KaitlynB: FX it's nothing, I know that can be normal with some women. My friend told me that if you need more than a panty liner it's not normal, but panty liner or less, without cramps, is not necessarily a cause for concern. FRIEND advice not a doctor's (well I think her doc told her with her 2 pregnancies) but some food for thought

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee